Popular Pages on the Main Site:   Next Episode | Official Merchandise | Sheldon Quotes | Latest News | Episode Guide

Welcome to The Big Bang Theory Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Unaired pilot

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Lord Snow

Lord Snow

ALSO KNOWN AS ALIEN94

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
I've just watched the unaired pilot (i can give link in PM) and it felt like a completely different show!
No Raj and Wolowitz,no Penny...
The board was bigger though.
And man,Sheldon is a ladies man! He had sex with some chick lol
How did you feel about the episode?

Wilde

Wilde

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
I saw it too. In the actual pilot, Leonard said "Oh come on, you're almost a pro!" to Sheldon about masturbation. This one is even worse. I know the show was in its early stages, but the Sheldon we know has no kind of sexuality whatsoever, so that just doesn't sound right.
Actually I didn't like anything about this pilot. The slut/fake Penny was the worst thing about it.

BazingaGirl

BazingaGirl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts
I thought it sucked big time. So glad it wasn't picked up for a series back then. It would have bombed and we'd never get to know the characters that we love now.

Wilde

Wilde

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

I thought it sucked big time. So glad it wasn't picked up for a series back then. It would have bombed and we'd never get to know the characters that we love now.

Exactly.

Lord Snow

Lord Snow

ALSO KNOWN AS ALIEN94

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
BazingaGirl said it.

netmouse

netmouse

Google Moogle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,815 posts
Yeah it was a bit on the dull side.

I think I saw "Katey" in the movie 'Ghosts of Girlfriends Past'... yeah?? She wasn't too bad in that, if it was her.

Lord Snow

Lord Snow

ALSO KNOWN AS ALIEN94

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
She looks like a prostitute...

Wilde

Wilde

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

She looks like a prostitute...

That's because she's a slut.
A very skinny slut.

Irvine

Irvine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

I saw it too. In the actual pilot, Leonard said "Oh come on, you're almost a pro!"

Leonard do say ''You're a semi-pro'' in the actual Pilot, thought. Sheldon wasn't made completely asexual until after the Pilot! Luckily, there weren't enought sexual references for Sheldon in the actual Pilot so that making him asexual was unbelievable... while, like some said, he did have sex in the unaired pilot! :p That kinda ruined any potential for the Sheldon we know, it would have went a completely different direction!

Back on topic, thought, I think the main difference between the unaired pilot and the actual one are the characters they brought in, aka Penny+Howard+Raj VS Kathy+Gilda. I mean, many of the same jokes do come back in both versions. So if I compare both version's characters then, yes, Kathy was very bitchy and unlikeable; it's very good they changed it for the sweeter Penny we know! On the other hand, I do like they geeky girl/friend, Gilda, she was kinda cool and all! I mean, I do like Howard and Raj, like everyone else, but I'm just guessing they could ALSO have kept Gilda around, she was a good representative of the female geekdom! 'could have been nice, but we'll never know! Anyway, yeah, Kathy out, Penny in! :D haha

Wilde

Wilde

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
I think the actress who played Gilda was really terrible, so it completely ruined the character for me. Anyway, I thought she was way too stereotypical.

netmouse

netmouse

Google Moogle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,815 posts
Gilda was kinda like a less annoying version of Amy imo.

Sheldon was a little too laid back in the unaired pilot for my liking. The Sheldon we all know and love would NEVER let anyone take one of his dumplings.

ColinBlsk

ColinBlsk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
I've just watched it. Glad they didn't follow what they've done in this one. The flat is too small and too dark, and the sheldon drinking alcohol and banging ladies doesn'l look great.
They used idea from this episode to make the actual pilot, but it's a good thing they changed the characters (the two ladies in this pilot are very bad)

netmouse

netmouse

Google Moogle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,815 posts
My biggest complaint was about how dark that apartment was.

Dgirl1

Dgirl1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I decided to google and watch this yesterday. The 'penny' character was awful, so glad the cast the lovely Kaley. It was interesting to watch but very glad we now have the reinvented version of Sheldon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users