Popular Pages on the Main Site:   Next Episode | Official Merchandise | Sheldon Quotes | Latest News | Episode Guide

Welcome to The Big Bang Theory Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Unaired Pilot.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

SD70ACe

SD70ACe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
Anyone else seen it? Just happy that it was not picked up and they were forced to redo the format.

Of all the lines they had to reuse

" Well I don`t have to tell you...........that a clean colon is just........one less thing to worry about."

On the other side, if they really start running out of ideas the episode could be adapted as Sheldon`s dream of an alternate universe.
< else />

netmouse

netmouse

Google Moogle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,815 posts
Yeah, not the best effort from Chuck Lorre. But hey, they got it right the second time around.

There is a thread on this site about the episode. The episode wasn't very popular amongst those that have seen it.

Still curious to see if it ever turns up as an extra on a dvd box set.

Lord Snow

Lord Snow

ALSO KNOWN AS ALIEN94

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
I came,i saw,i ran away!
xD
http://forum.the-big...hread-1640.html

SD70ACe

SD70ACe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

I came,i saw,i ran away!

I guess I should lurk moar.

Laugh2Floor

Laugh2Floor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts
No I have not seen it. Is there somewhere I would be able to catch it online? Also, it is a bit disappointing that the creator did not get it right the first time. I like for the man behind the scenes to have his own vision which is not too influenced by the corporate TV market. I still love the show though obviously. I actually don't have a TV package right now though and am looking. Has anyone had good experiences with dish tv houston?

Threelions

Threelions

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

No I have not seen it. Is there somewhere I would be able to catch it online? Also, it is a bit disappointing that the creator did not get it right the first time. I like for the man behind the scenes to have his own vision which is not too influenced by the corporate TV market. I still love the show though obviously.

It's rare that tv shows don't end up different from pilots. That's what they are for a tester to see what works and what doesn't. Don't confuse first episodes with pillots. I remember Buffy had a dodgy pilot with a very different Willow and changed for the better.

As for the pilot itself. Penny was complete trash, they've actually taken her back towards that character unfortunately. Sheldon was far less socially naive and there was another character I can't remember the name of who had a crush on Leonard. I think Leonard was pretty similar.

VincentValentineEpic

VincentValentineEpic

Resident Maniac

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
o3o. I didn't know there was an unaired pilot. :c

netmouse

netmouse

Google Moogle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,815 posts
@Laugh2Floor: I will PM you a link for the episode.

VincentValentineEpic

VincentValentineEpic

Resident Maniac

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
NU. NU. PICK ME PLZ KTHX. :3

jk. :D Do what you wantz. :3

netmouse

netmouse

Google Moogle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,815 posts
PM'd you a link, Vincent.

enjoy.

Master-Sephiroth

Master-Sephiroth

Nerd in the Black Cape

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts
Oi oi, don't forget me! Heheh...

netmouse

netmouse

Google Moogle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,815 posts
@Seph: it's the site you said might get you in trouble :D

Unfortunately it looks like the episode can no longer be streamed on the net due to Warner Bros clamping down on the copyright.

P2P downloading seems to be the only method of obtaining a copy atm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users