Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Unaired Pilot.

12 posts in this topic

Posted

Anyone else seen it? Just happy that it was not picked up and they were forced to redo the format.

Of all the lines they had to reuse

" Well I don`t have to tell you...........that a clean colon is just........one less thing to worry about."

On the other side, if they really start running out of ideas the episode could be adapted as Sheldon`s dream of an alternate universe.

The Big Bang Theory: Season 8 DVD

The Big Bang Theory Season 8 DVD

The eighth season of The Big Bang Theory is coming to DVD and Blu-ray this September. Enjoy all twenty-four episodes of the latest season again with bonus features including four behind-the-scenes featurettes, a gag reel, and footage from The Big Bang Theory's 2014 Comic-Con panel.

Pre-order The Big Bang Theory: Season 8 DVD from Amazon

Posted

Yeah, not the best effort from Chuck Lorre. But hey, they got it right the second time around.

There is a thread on this site about the episode. The episode wasn't very popular amongst those that have seen it.

Still curious to see if it ever turns up as an extra on a dvd box set.

Posted

I came,i saw,i ran away!

I guess I should lurk moar.

Posted

No I have not seen it. Is there somewhere I would be able to catch it online? Also, it is a bit disappointing that the creator did not get it right the first time. I like for the man behind the scenes to have his own vision which is not too influenced by the corporate TV market. I still love the show though obviously. I actually don't have a TV package right now though and am looking. Has anyone had good experiences with dish tv houston?

Posted

No I have not seen it. Is there somewhere I would be able to catch it online? Also, it is a bit disappointing that the creator did not get it right the first time. I like for the man behind the scenes to have his own vision which is not too influenced by the corporate TV market. I still love the show though obviously.

It's rare that tv shows don't end up different from pilots. That's what they are for a tester to see what works and what doesn't. Don't confuse first episodes with pillots. I remember Buffy had a dodgy pilot with a very different Willow and changed for the better.

As for the pilot itself. Penny was complete trash, they've actually taken her back towards that character unfortunately. Sheldon was far less socially naive and there was another character I can't remember the name of who had a crush on Leonard. I think Leonard was pretty similar.

Posted

o3o. I didn't know there was an unaired pilot. :c

Posted

@Laugh2Floor: I will PM you a link for the episode.

Posted

NU. NU. PICK ME PLZ KTHX. :3

jk. :D Do what you wantz. :3

Posted

PM'd you a link, Vincent.

enjoy.

Posted

Oi oi, don't forget me! Heheh...

Posted

@Seph: it's the site you said might get you in trouble :D

Unfortunately it looks like the episode can no longer be streamed on the net due to Warner Bros clamping down on the copyright.

P2P downloading seems to be the only method of obtaining a copy atm.