Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

PENNY AND SHELDON MAYBE?

Penny & Sheldon a Couple   226 votes

1. 1. Penny & Sheldon a Couple

• YES
    • NO

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1,308 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't see them us couple, i think "Shamy" is an ideal couple :)

Posted

I don't really understand where this whole shenny ideas came from.As other people have said she treats him like a child and at times she doesn't reallt understand him at all.I will just be soo dodgy if it happens(but it most definatly won't.And then you have Amy who is just as intelligant as sheldon ,she understands him and he has asked her to be his girlfriend.

You don't need to be a rocket scientist to work out who is the best match for him!!!!

Posted

I don't see them us couple, i think "Shamy" is an ideal couple :)

Agree.

Posted

TBH, i wouldn't want to see Sheldon with anyone.We would have to focus on additional parts & I just prefer the original, old Sheldon

Posted

TBH, i wouldn't want to see Sheldon with anyone.We would have to focus on additional parts & I just prefer the original, old Sheldon

I disagree.I think if sheldon just stayed the way he was forever it would get pretty boring.He should definatly be with amy not with penny.

Posted

TBH, i wouldn't want to see Sheldon with anyone.We would have to focus on additional parts & I just prefer the original, old Sheldon.

I look at it as Sheldon going through new experiences and situations in his life, as all of us do, and reacting/adapting to those situations in his own unique Sheldonesque ways.

Posted

I don't get the shamy, they're cute at times, but don't you need opposites attract not basically a female you.

Posted

I don't get the shamy, they're cute at times, but don't you need opposites attract not basically a female you.

the "opposites attract mantra is total BS. That only works for sex. Have you ever seen a lasting couple where they are both total opposites?

The thing is, when the lust fades, there must be some common ground for the relationship to function. A relationship is about companioniship and communication. Two total opposites cannot have that.

Talking from experience.

Posted

the "opposites attract mantra is total BS. That only works for sex. Have you ever seen a lasting couple where they are both total opposites?

The thing is, when the lust fades, there must be some common ground for the relationship to function. A relationship is about companioniship and communication. Two total opposites cannot have that.

Talking from experience.

I didn't stay total opposites, opposites but have some interests, I've never met someone where their partner is basically the opposite gender of them.

Posted

Sheldon and Penny are pretty much complete opposites.

And if you still think that Amy is the female version of Sheldon, you have not been paying attention since mid-season 4 :)

Posted

Sheldon and Penny are pretty much complete opposites.

And if you still think that Amy is the female version of Sheldon, you have not been paying attention since mid-season 4 :)

Yes Penny and Sheldon are opposites but also have similiar things in common.

No Amy isn't the same when she first came on but her and Sheldon are very alike.

Posted

Penny and Sheldon have already had a relationship on screen

It was called Forrest Gump and Jenny.

Posted

That's a good comparison except for the part about Forrest being completely stupid.

Posted

That's a good comparison except for the part about Forrest being completely stupid.

Forrest & Jenny never really had a real relationship other than friendship. She came one night, they had sex, she left inmediately and he found her several years later with his kid, and she was dying.. they were married for a very small amount of time until she died. It is totally different.

Posted

I don't think amy is a female version of sheldon.She isn't opposed to physical relationships and is not as robotic as sheldon.I think their relationship works well because they amy is able to make sheldon develope with their differences but also they are simular enough to talk and text for hours and understand each other.I mean they invented a game that only they really understand.

Sheldon and penny have known each other for a long time and since then he hasn't shown any sign of attraction towards her but when amy came he really started to develope. Look at the season finale.the old sheldon wouldn't have heldo someones hand like that.

Posted

This would never work out because Leonard will never get over Penny, and you guys honestly think that he will be ok with Penny and his best friend going out together? Get real. Plus since Amy is now a main character it would break her heart if Penny did this, and Penny values Amy as a friend more than anything.

Posted

Actually Sheldon's initial being with Amy was from a intelligent stainpoint and without him knowing Penny he probably wouldn't have been Amy's friend.

I disagree that Sheldon isn't attracted to Penny, now he might not be interested in her in that way(or any female except Amy) as of right now but I don't believe he's not attracted to her.

Posted

If you look at when Sheldon and Amy first met, Sheldon was more open to them hanging out and spending time together than she was, and at some point, this dynamic and her expectations from Sheldon changed. She rebuffed his offer of chinese food after she wanted him to meet her mother and she was just as offended at the concept of them having a real relationship. She scoffed when Sheldon said he was enjoying to pretend to have intercourse with her when they were spreading gossip. When Sheldon made his "maybe we should engage in coitus once" joke with her, she looked utterly appalled. If he said that now, she'd have him half raped before he could get out the first "BA" in bazinga!

Posted

If you look at when Sheldon and Amy first met, Sheldon was more open to them hanging out and spending time together than she was, and at some point, this dynamic and her expectations from Sheldon changed. She rebuffed his offer of chinese food after she wanted him to meet her mother and she was just as offended at the concept of them having a real relationship. She scoffed when Sheldon said he was enjoying to pretend to have intercourse with her when they were spreading gossip. When Sheldon made his "maybe we should engage in coitus once" joke with her, she looked utterly appalled. If he said that now, she'd have him half raped before he could get out the first "BA" in bazinga!

I agree if he said that now she could rip his clothes off fast enough, what changed? She first appeared was a shy female robotic nerd who had no friends to now a female nerd who has pent up sexual needs that needs to be met, she's almost or as horny as Howard was.

Posted

I agree if he said that now she could rip his clothes off fast enough, what changed? She first appeared was a shy female robotic nerd who had no friends to now a female nerd who has pent up sexual needs that needs to be met, she's almost or as horny as Howard was.

My take is that Sheldon has his robotic nerd nature out of choice. Amy's was out of circumstance. She wanted to be social and have friends and go on dates, but never had the opportunities. Sheldon never desired any of this. Now that Amy has friends and a social life, she is letting herself indulge in these lifelong desires.

Posted

I just can't see penny and sheldon together it just is soo wrong.They have been friends for so long and I think sheldon is pretty set on amy now anyway.

Also if it did happen ,it would be the end of sheldon and leonards friendship and penny and amys and its their friendships that really make the show funny.Sooo.....its not gonna happen.

Posted

Stupid is as stupid does.

Posted

All I noticed in the above conversation - excuse me, someone called Forrest Gump stupid? He's one of the wisest fellows out there. A hundred times wiser than Sheldon will ever be.

Posted

All I noticed in the above conversation - excuse me, someone called Forrest Gump stupid? He's one of the wisest fellows out there. A hundred times wiser than Sheldon will ever be.

Sheldon's iq is unmeasurable, if forrest has any less iq points he'd be mentally retarded.

Posted

Sheldon's iq is unmeasurable, if forrest has any less iq points he'd be mentally retarded.

Wisdom and IQ are not equivalent, and I think Forrest and Sheldon are the best examples of that.

But this is getting OT, sorry.