Popular Pages on the Main Site:   Next Episode | Official Merchandise | Sheldon Quotes | Latest News | Episode Guide

Welcome to The Big Bang Theory Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Episode 1.13 The Bat Jar Conjecture

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

LuckyM

LuckyM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts
I'm not sure if CBS has released anything about this episode yet. I went to see them film this, though, so here's some information from me. :icon_cheesygrin:
Spoiler

• abormoumb, Gypeglogy and actuarysera like this

Tripper

Tripper

Piemaster General

• Administrators
  • 2,929 posts
Thanks for that LuckyM. CBS hasn't announced it yet, we think it will air April 14th or 21st as there is a rerun this week.

pengyfelix

pengyfelix

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
My TiVo listings have the 4/14 episode title listed as "The Jerusalem Duality" with no episode description. I am confused.

LuckyM

LuckyM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts
When I went to see this filmed I had assumed it was episode 13, because that's what made sense based on their previous filming dates. When I got a script from this episode, though, it said 1.12 on the front cover. My best guess would be that they made a typo on that week's scripts. (Not surprising, seeing as their handouts said it was 2007.) I changed the number on the thread to 1.13. Sorry for the confusion. My bad. :icon_redface:

pengyfelix

pengyfelix

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Sorry for the confusion. My bad. :icon_redface:

Don't be sorry. I am frequently confused.

Tripper

Tripper

Piemaster General

• Administrators
  • 2,929 posts
Sorry for the confusion, I've checked and this episode 1.13 will air April 21st. We have episode 1.12 "The Jerusalem Duality" to air April 14th. CBS only just announced episode 1.12.

PapSmear081

PapSmear081

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
I thought this was the worst episode of the season so far. Funny jokes were few and far between and overall the plot just fell flat on it's face. I hope normal service will be resumed in the next episode.

Kerryl64

Kerryl64

There is no gravity...the earth sucks.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I agree, It seems like what was once a promising, intellegent, DIFFERENT comedy has now gone to all the old pratfalls and stupidity that rein in the "traditional" sit-com. As they have idiotized Sheldon and made him seem more stupid and childish it has cheapened the humor. PLEASE, if any writers dain to read these fan sites, PLEASE bring back the humor you started this series with!

pengyfelix

pengyfelix

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Agreed. When the series first started out, I explained Sheldon to a friend as "It's like everything he does in a social setting is because someone told him that is what you are supposed to do," e.g. bringing Leonard a cup of tea because "The social convention is to bring people warm beverages." That was funny. Now, the social awkwardness seems like him knowing social conventions and disregarding them anyway. That isn't funny; that is being an egotistical jerk. The pre-strike episodes were much funnier and more intelligent than this crop. I hope the show gets back to that.

Tripper

Tripper

Piemaster General

• Administrators
  • 2,929 posts
I've made a poll for people to say whether they think the show is worse now, it seems a lot of people share this view here and around the web as well. http://the-big-bang-...ls/viewpoll/15/

Dr. Sheldon Lee Cooper

Dr. Sheldon Lee Cooper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts
Does anyone know how the equation on the flat screen is at Physics Bowl?

netmouse

netmouse

Google Moogle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,815 posts
@Dr: found this on a BBT trivia site...

The final question in the physics bowl is the so-called first-order Feynman-diagram for the electromagnetic scattering of an electron with a muon combined with its associated amplitude-formula. The Feynman-formalism is the key-element in modern particle physics, so it is impossible that none of the PMS-guys recognize it and even Sheldon is not able to solve a calculation that could actually be given as homework to a physics student in his third or fourth year. Also, the given answer 8πα is actually not the correct solution to the given formula. [edit]

bruin

bruin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts
Noticed this during a re-run this week. While discussing who to replace Sheldon with on their Physics Bowl team, Raj says "Do you know who is apparently very smart, the girl who plays TV's Blossom"
Surly in season 1 someone had an eye on Mayim for a future role in the series? Leonards answer was "Raj, we're not getting TV's Blossom to join out Physice Bowl Team"

walnutcowboy

walnutcowboy

LEGEND

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,942 posts
Good catch.

Miss Kitka

Miss Kitka

Soft Kitty, Warm Kitty, Little Ball Of Fur.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts

Good catch.

This.

Europa

Europa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Noticed this during a re-run this week. While discussing who to replace Sheldon with on their Physics Bowl team, Raj says "Do you know who is apparently very smart, the girl who plays TV's Blossom"
Surly in season 1 someone had an eye on Mayim for a future role in the series? Leonards answer was "Raj, we're not getting TV's Blossom to join out Physice Bowl Team"

Did they make a similar joke somewhere about Danica McKellar from the Wonder Years being really smart? I may have just imagined that...

netmouse

netmouse

Google Moogle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,815 posts
@Europa: yeah, I was wondering the same thing. Pretty sure Winnie never gets a mention prior to her appearing in that episode like Mayim did.

phantagrae

phantagrae

Hooligan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,447 posts
I think there was a mention of WInnie from the Wonder Years--I don't think I knew that she had actually been on the show...
I do remember the Blossom thing, though. :icon_wink:

What kills me about this thread is that the show was barely in it's first dozen eps and already people are complaining about how it's changed and how Sheldon has changed...

Wow.

bigbangsheldon

bigbangsheldon

chloe

• Chat Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,229 posts

tumblr_inline_mn5ybj7rOR1qz4rgp.jpg

djsurrey

djsurrey

Keeping it Short

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

I just noticed the same thing today when watching a rerun of this episode.

The funny thing about this that Mayim's PhD was meantioned

see

Yet Mayim has said that Bill Prady said "Is this for real" when he saw the reference to her PhD on her resume. She first appears in s3e24 so I would have thought they would have been into season 3 by the time she did her audition?

see from about 2:20 for "is this for real" comment

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users