Popular Pages on the Main Site:   Next Episode | Official Merchandise | Sheldon Quotes | Latest News | Episode Guide

Welcome to The Big Bang Theory Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Bring back Leslie Winkle!

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 AngelJello

AngelJello

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 08:28 PM

She doesn't seem to have been in an episode for ages. Has she been officially dropped? It was thanks to LW, that my wife started calling me dumb-ass. But even so I'd vote to bring her back. Anyone else prefer LW to Amy FF?

#2 PBJ

PBJ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 09:47 PM

I wasn't big on her, but I did like how she was Sheldon's enemy and left him speechless a lot, as that was not often easily done. Although she's already been with Leonard and Howard, and I'm getting tired of the relationships and all that, so perhaps if she was not on often but just at the work place to play off of Sheldon - it would be interesting if somehow at work they were put in the situation where they had to help each other or work together. So I think if they brought her back, keep the sleeping with stuff out of it and keep it strictly work.

#3 Aevitas

Aevitas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:40 AM

If I'm not mistaken, they haven't been bringing her back because she's contracted to do other stuff and doesn't have the time? That's what I've been reading from other threads anyway.

#4 Martian Girl

Martian Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 03:18 AM

I miss Leslie Winkle and would be happy to see her in an episode, but not on the cost of cutting Amy's part. They are two faces of nerdy girl and I would like both of them to remain in the show - but I guess this is impossible, so for the time being I am looking forward for the next shiny trinkets :)

#5 PBJ

PBJ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:44 AM

If I'm not mistaken, they haven't been bringing her back because she's contracted to do other stuff and doesn't have the time? That's what I've been reading from other threads anyway.

I think so - I know she's on "The Talk" and I have no idea how much time that would take or what else she has going on, but I was thinking this could be a big reason. Perhaps she has her interests elsewhere now.

#6 AngelJello

AngelJello

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:09 PM

I think so - I know she's on "The Talk" and I have no idea how much time that would take or what else she has going on, but I was thinking this could be a big reason. Perhaps she has her interests elsewhere now.

Interesting - thanks. I didn't know about her other work. Will keep a look out. I agree that Leslie's scientific rivalry with Sheldon is probably the most fertile ground for further development - the more science in the show the better! - but I find her directness about sex very funny too.

#7 Frieda Rainstorm

Frieda Rainstorm

Freak Revolutionist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:12 AM

I miss Leslie.

#8 Fruit Loop

Fruit Loop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:01 AM

Sara Gilbert is the Only one from BBT on a Facebook favorites list. I think she is a very under rated actress and should have been the first added Full time cast member. Because Sheldon Drives me up a wall, I love the way Leslie Winkle put him down. I believe the writer messed up by letting Sara Gilbert slip away.

BTW "The Talk" doesn't impress me from the one time I saw it.

#9 Catweazle

Catweazle

Logic & Reason

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:01 AM

She doesn't seem to have been in an episode for ages. Has she been officially dropped? It was thanks to LW, that my wife started calling me dumb-ass. But even so I'd vote to bring her back. Anyone else prefer LW to Amy FF?

I've got the book TBBT A-Z. It states in the book that they couldn't think of many storylines for Leslie, so she's been ignored. I don't get that. Her character has more potential than any of the girls (par Penny) for interesting plots. In my opinion.

#10 phantagrae

phantagrae

Hooligan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,562 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:41 AM

I've got the book TBBT A-Z. It states in the book that they couldn't think of many storylines for Leslie, so she's been ignored. I don't get that. Her character has more potential than any of the girls (par Penny) for interesting plots. In my opinion.

There wasn't much to do with her considering how she was set up. She had dalliances with Leonard and Howard, doesn't seem to have any interest in being friends with the gang or hanging out and is Sheldon's sworn enemy.

She was funny in certain circumstances, but they would have to have really altered her in order to give her an real ongoing role. Unless she would have become one of the gang, she was only ever going to be an occasional pop-up character.
I think they pretty much explored all they could do with her without completely changing her to make her fit in more. How many more times could she call Sheldon "dumbass" before it gets too repetitive?
  • thephantom likes this

#11 HeWolf

HeWolf

On The Prowl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:06 AM

Leslie was promoted to full cast status. Then the writers realized there was no storyline for her. Showing up in the cafeteria to call Sheldon 'dumbass' on an irregular basis isn't exactly a full time job. Sarah Gilbert is working five days a week on something called The Talk. Some other network's competition for The View.

She also hasn't been on TBBT since some time in Season 3, and it seems unlikely she will ever return. She was a great nemesis for Sheldon but that role has been capably filled by Barry Kripke.

Edited by HeWolf, 01 October 2012 - 03:29 PM.

#12 MJistheBOMB

MJistheBOMB

♥♡Shamyland Resident♡♥

• Valued Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:35 AM

I liked Leslie but I kinda feel the way the writers do. What kind of story lines could they create for her? All she did was rip on Sheldon.....which was funny but she can only do it so much. The guys all do that enough to each other as it is. LOL.

Monique

#13 bigbangsheldon

bigbangsheldon

chloe

• Chat Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:13 PM

No thanks!! I could barely tolerate her.

#14 bigbangsheldon

bigbangsheldon

chloe

• Chat Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:24 PM

What do you mean by tangle?

#15 annieogly

annieogly

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:54 PM

tangle = mix it up. Leslie vs Amy would be front row seats :icon_twisted: They should bring her back for that kind of thing, like Kripke she's best in small doses.

#16 phantagrae

phantagrae

Hooligan

• Members
  • 6,562 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:28 PM

tangle = mix it up. Leslie vs Amy would be front row seats :icon_twisted: They should bring her back for that kind of thing, like Kripke she's best in small doses.

Do you mean having Amy defend Sheldon against Leslie's put-downs? Meh. We already saw something like that with that "labradoodle" girl who wanted to help Sheldon with his research. It was just a bit of verbal sparring, but we already got it.

I don't see Amy going all balistic at Leslie--I don't think Leslie would push it that far. At most Amy might just tell her to get lost or something--and I'd hate to think that Leslie would say something rude to Amy. I think that would just make Leslie look like a horrible person.

I don't see anything in that sort of exchange.

#17 phantagrae

phantagrae

Hooligan

• Members
  • 6,562 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:50 PM

Leslie hates Sheldon. Amy adores Sheldon. Putting them together would be a real dog fight. :icon_twisted:

I don't think Leslie hates Sheldon as much as she just thinks he's a dumbass. She sees through his know-it-all stance and doesn't feel at all threatened by him or his work. I don't think Amy would do more than just tell Leslie to get lost. I can see Amy maybe taking a quick swipe at Leslie, but I think Leslie would probably just laugh it off. I don't think Leslie cares enough to get into a fight over it.

#18 Fruit Loop

Fruit Loop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:56 AM

I don't think Leslie hates Sheldon as much as she just thinks he's a dumbass. She sees through his know-it-all stance and doesn't feel at all threatened by him or his work. I don't think Amy would do more than just tell Leslie to get lost. I can see Amy maybe taking a quick swipe at Leslie, but I think Leslie would probably just laugh it off. I don't think Leslie cares enough to get into a fight over it.

I will agree Leslie has Sheldon Pegged as the Blow Hard Know It All TYPE, that we all hate. The only thing she hates is his arrogance. But the nick name DUMB ASS comes straight from leslie's heart because that is how she sees him.

Oh God do I love Leslie Winkle. But only in small doses.

#19 bigbangsheldon

bigbangsheldon

chloe

• Chat Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:08 AM

They hate each other because she is in loopy and he is in stringy remember. :D

I was talking to someone in physics and they say those fights get brutal.

#20 phantagrae

phantagrae

Hooligan

• Members
  • 6,562 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:02 AM

They hate each other because she is in loopy and he is in stringy remember. :D

I was talking to someone in physics and they say those fights get brutal.

I don't think that translates into personal hatred, though. And I don't think Leslie could be bothered to work up much of a lather over Sheldon when she could just as easily walk away shaking her head at his dumbassery.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users