Popular Pages on the Main Site:   Next Episode | Official Merchandise | Sheldon Quotes | Latest News | Episode Guide

Welcome to The Big Bang Theory Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Is Leonard/Galecki gay in real life

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

jam24u

jam24u

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts
C'mon, doesn't anyone see it? Is he gay in real life, because his gestures, speech patterns and mannerism's all reek gay to me.

So does anyone think the same?

Know if he is openly gay or is just the gayest straight guy that doesn't know he moves and talks like one?
< else />

wayelrob

wayelrob

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
I am pretty sure he is straight. Besides sleeping with Kaley Cuoco for 2 years he has had other girlfriends. I don't see his mannerisms as being gay. Parson's mannerisms are more gay than Galecki's are. Johnny recently stated on the view that is not gay and has never answered that question before because he doesn't see any reason to defend himself from a remark that isn't offensive in the first place. Good for you Johnny.

netmouse

netmouse

Google Moogle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,815 posts
Nothing to see here... move along.

simonsayz

simonsayz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts
Posted Image

netmouse

netmouse

Google Moogle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,815 posts
I'm betting on this being a one thread pony.

jam24u

jam24u

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts
Hey, hang on here America. Lets understand that I am indeed trolling form responses here, but because of the one character that displays so many homosexual gestures and mannerisms that he not only looks gay, but that he looks 'Flaming Gay'.

I mean no disrespect, but am debating because of what I see on the TV screen.

My wife and I brought this up in discussion from watching a funny and successful show together and I have a legitimate observation.

Remember, Rock Hudson for those of you who were from that generation. For those of you who do not, Rock was married and considered the most heterosexual star in HOllywood. They took considerable steps to keep his sexual orientation a secret and were successful for a couple decades.

With the number one comedy on a major network, it is also logical to keep such a status quot in place without a controversy developing along these subject lines.

For those of you who count themselves the defender of the program, your position is automatically compromised by bias. There is a lot of suspicion out there about this and all you have to do is google (Johnny Galecki Gay) in the search portal and bango... a flood of similar observations to confirm the worthiness of my posting show up in alarming numbers.

As far as this suspicion about Galecki being gay, one would think that the shows script tends to shine suspicion on the Raj and Wolowitz, but when watching the show, they show no gay tendencies. But Galecki cannot hide any of the above descriptions that flood the senses.

netmouse

netmouse

Google Moogle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,815 posts

I'm betting on this being a one thread pony.

I stand corrected.

Back on topic:

Hey, hang on here America. Lets understand that I am indeed trolling form responses here,

Ok, I'll bite...

Judging by the lack of response to this thread I'm thinking that maybe no one really cares about the sexual orientation of the cast of the show?

And a quote by JG on the subject from an episode of the ever credible "The View"... (way back in May 2010 mind you.. so cOLD)

"I've never really addressed those rumors because I always figured why defend yourself against something that's not offensive?" Galecki said of gay rumors.

Albert Bester

Albert Bester

Psi Cop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Hey, hang on here America. Lets understand that I am indeed trolling form responses here, but because of the one character that displays so many homosexual gestures and mannerisms that he not only looks gay, but that he looks 'Flaming Gay'.

I mean no disrespect, but am debating because of what I see on the TV screen.

My wife and I brought this up in discussion from watching a funny and successful show together and I have a legitimate observation.

Remember, Rock Hudson for those of you who were from that generation. For those of you who do not, Rock was married and considered the most heterosexual star in HOllywood. They took considerable steps to keep his sexual orientation a secret and were successful for a couple decades.

With the number one comedy on a major network, it is also logical to keep such a status quot in place without a controversy developing along these subject lines.

For those of you who count themselves the defender of the program, your position is automatically compromised by bias. There is a lot of suspicion out there about this and all you have to do is google (Johnny Galecki Gay) in the search portal and bango... a flood of similar observations to confirm the worthiness of my posting show up in alarming numbers.

As far as this suspicion about Galecki being gay, one would think that the shows script tends to shine suspicion on the Raj and Wolowitz, but when watching the show, they show no gay tendencies. But Galecki cannot hide any of the above descriptions that flood the senses.

Okay, I tried ignoring this thread but a few words in your post bug the heck out of me.

"Suspicion" What the heck has suspicion got to do with anyone’s sexual orientation? Face it, unless you are looking for a hook up it is none of your business.

"Defenders" There is NOTHING to defend, sexual orientation is nothing that needs to be defended, it is what it is. Unless some one makes an overt PUBLIC statement it is no ones business but their own.

I do not often agree with US military protocol, but there is a lot to be said for "DON'T ASK DON'T TELL."

Your post reveals a lot more about your position on this matter than you are likely to reveal about Johnny Galecki. Your stance on this matter is in my opinion out dated and irrelevant.

That is my one and ONLY post on this thread, beyond this I stand by simonsayz in his post on this thread.

TWhite

TWhite

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

C'mon, doesn't anyone see it? Is he gay in real life, because his gestures, speech patterns and mannerism's all reek gay to me.

Know if he is openly gay or is just the gayest straight guy that doesn't know he moves and talks like one?

I imagine that Kaley Cuoco could answer that question as well as anyone, seeing as she and Galecki had about a two year relationship during the series.

But my question to you is: Even if he WERE gay (which I seriously doubt), who the Hell CARES? He's a wonderful comic actor in a wonderful comic series.
Tom

netmouse

netmouse

Google Moogle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,815 posts
Well said, Tom.

TracerTong

TracerTong

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

This reeks of homophobia to me.

Like it's been said already, who CARES what someones sexual orientation is, its their life. Enjoy the show or move on...

horizonrusted

horizonrusted

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
Yes he is gay! Gay AND FABULOUS!

Aviodingtherealworld

Aviodingtherealworld

The Not So Lost Wanderer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Well said, Tom.

Seconded!

horizonrusted

horizonrusted

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
Actually he is straight & wass seen on TMZ this last week at a basketball game, courtside, with a very attractive young woman. Never-the-less, he is the most Fabulous & Gayest straight man I have ever seen.

jam24u

jam24u

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts
Thank you for the responses. I did indeed do a search on this subject to see if others had the same impressions and question along the line of my thread here before I posted it. Others cited the same impressions by Galecki's responses during some particular television shows.

It turns out there are a lot of others who have the same impression that I did. So the validity of my query in my post is confirmed, even if in truth he is not gay, which I never claimed he was. I explained why I had those impressions, and by the large number of returns along the same thead line as mine, It turns out a lot of others have had the same impression.

As far as if he is or isn't gay, it doesn't matter in any way. It is the quality of his performance that counts to us and his professionalism with those he works with.

I really must congratulate the writers of this comedy. The matching of the writers and the actors is a super success. Let's hope the network doesn't pull them for another show to gather another hit and hurt The BBT.

Again, thank you for your responses.

horizonrusted

horizonrusted

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Thank you for the responses. I did indeed do a search on this subject to see if others had the same impressions and question along the line of my thread here before I posted it. Others cited the same impressions by Galecki's responses during some particular television shows.

It turns out there are a lot of others who have the same impression that I did. So the validity of my query in my post is confirmed, even if in truth he is not gay, which I never claimed he was. I explained why I had those impressions, and by the large number of returns along the same thead line as mine, It turns out a lot of others have had the same impression.

As far as if he is or isn't gay, it doesn't matter in any way. It is the quality of his performance that counts to us and his professionalism with those he works with.

I really must congratulate the writers of this comedy. The matching of the writers and the actors is a super success. Let's hope the network doesn't pull them for another show to gather another hit and hurt The BBT.

Again, thank you for your responses.

If it doesn't matter to you, why ask the question? And what is this need people have with knowing what someone is doing in their bedroom? THAT is the most annoying thing about being gay. Everyone assumes that your sexuality is not private because it's a topic of political debate. Hey Jam24u, what about you? Are you gay? When was the last time you had sex? How big is your penis? What's going on in your bedroom?

Albert Bester

Albert Bester

Psi Cop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
*sigh* I so hoped this thread had sunk like a stone to the bottom of our little pond...:icon_rolleyes:

horizonrusted

horizonrusted

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
No. Looks like this one's a floater.

wayelrob

wayelrob

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
Close it and lock it. Enough has been said.

netmouse

netmouse

Google Moogle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,815 posts
@dodecadude: I think it was more the way the original post was worded that caused some members to react the way we did.

Also, if you hang around this site long enough, you'll soon realise that a lot of the members here aren't concerned with these types of threads questioning actor's sexuality.

To give credit where credit is due, jam24u came back and reposted on this thread. Many others in the past have disappeared after only one post.

It all boils down to how a thread is worded. And in this case, I feel the original thread was worded poorly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users