Popular Pages on the Main Site:   Next Episode | Official Merchandise | Sheldon Quotes | Latest News | Episode Guide

Welcome to The Big Bang Theory Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How did Sheldon get to Amy's?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Louise

Louise

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
In the Werewolf Transformation, when Sheldon left his apartment with the bongos to go "wherever the music takes me, kitten", it apparently took him to Amy's for what was not a musical booty call.

But how did he get there? He was wearing his pajamas and slippers. Since he doesn't drive, we can't assume he just drove there. And even though he was living on the edge, it was the middle of the night - scary time for Sheldon to be out. Hard to believe he would have walked there at that time of night. Did he have his wallet in the pocket of his robe so that he could take the bus or a taxi?

I realize this is probalby just another point of contradiction and it was certainly a funny episode, so it doesn't matter, but I was just curious as to what everyone thinks.

Moonbase

Moonbase

Laser on stun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,399 posts
I assumed he'd walked there in his slippers and dressing gown, playing his bongos. If he did, he probably scared a few people on the way. :icon_biggrin: but it does sound too frightening for him to normally attempt. He must have been feeling very 'wild'.

Sursonica

Sursonica

the sad little tumor nobody wants to go dress shopping with

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts
I also think he walked... if you think about it.. who would want to mug a guy on pijamas and slippers playing bongos at 3am?

Schrödinger's Cat

Schrödinger's Cat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
Do we know how far it is to Amy's? Not that it matters in the whole scheme of things... Just curious.

Sursonica

Sursonica

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Do we know how far it is to Amy's? Not that it matters in the whole scheme of things... Just curious.

I don't think they've ever clarified or referenced that on the show. I don't think it's too far though, but at least requires car or bus ride based on what we've seen.

Kyzzx

Kyzzx

(*The Conqueror)

• Valued Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts

I don't think they've ever clarified or referenced that on the show. I don't think it's too far though, but at least requires car or bus ride based on what we've seen.

Honestly, it bothers me that we don't really know how far it is to Raj's or Amy's or Bernadette's... I like being able to envision everything in my head and every single time I see Amy's apartment I'm like, GOSH DARN IT, WHERE IS THIS?!

Moonbase

Moonbase

Laser on stun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,399 posts
Convict13 kindly posted this link a while back.

http://maps.google.c...14&source=embed

Unfortunately there are no locations for the flats. But we know the guys and Penny are supposed to live on Los Roples Ave. Everything seems fairly close though.

Moon_Pie

Moon_Pie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

I assumed he'd walked there in his slippers and dressing gown, playing his bongos. If he did, he probably scared a few people on the way. :icon_biggrin: but it does sound too frightening for him to normally attempt. He must have been feeling very 'wild'.

Ha ha ha ha...imagine the treat for the people who saw him:" Who's this wierdo" :icon_cheesygrin:

netmouse

netmouse

Google Moogle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,815 posts
Jaybird might be able to answer this one... do the buses run 24/7 in Pasadena? Or at the very least, do they run into the early hours of the morning?

That could explain Sheldon getting to Amys.

rickfromillinois

rickfromillinois

Senior Executive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts
It could be that he takes a cab, but walking is also possible. I do remember when Sheldon sitting at a bar talking to Amy on the phone while Penny was the bartender and Sheldon was talking about returning from Raj's place and jumping out of the cab because the driver didn't look like his picture. From that I gathered that Raj's apartment was not within easy walking distance.

Moonbase

Moonbase

Laser on stun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,399 posts
Yeah, it was much more likely a bus or a cab. A weird guy on the night bus playing bongos in his PJ's, might not be that unusual. :icon_cheesygrin:

I don't know why, but I guess I like the idea of him walking…

Sursonica

Sursonica

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts
also, he was on his PJ's and he went to the street straight from the couch so I would think he didn't have money on him

Pomita

Pomita

Senior Executive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,076 posts
I assumed he walked. He did seem to be in that sort of mood.. and her apartment might be within walking distance, though it's never been mentioned.

I also think he walked... if you think about it.. who would want to mug a guy on pijamas and slippers playing bongos at 3am?

:D

Oh, what wouldn't I give to see that scene!

sharky

sharky

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
can rule out bus. he didn't have his bus pants.

Sursonica

Sursonica

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts
we now know that Amy lives in Glendale

Moonbase

Moonbase

Laser on stun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,399 posts
Is that close?

HeWolf

HeWolf

On The Prowl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts
Maybe he got somewhere and called her to come and get him. It was mentioned previously somewhere that she doesn't drive, but last night we learned she does.

Sursonica

Sursonica

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Is that close?

about 6 miles from Pasadena, so it is quite close. Take Ventura Fwy and you actually go straight from Glendale to Los Robles Ave. Anyhow, is not walking distance, unless you are particularly inspired

Moonbase

Moonbase

Laser on stun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,399 posts

Is that close?

about 6 miles from Pasadena, so it is quite close. Take Ventura Fwy and you actually go straight from Glendale to Los Robles Ave. Anyhow, is not walking distance, unless you are particularly inspired

Perhaps he did. When Amy said he turned up in the middle of the night, Leonard said 'poor guy, he must be exhausted' but it would have taken 2 hours to walk 6 miles, at a slow pace.

I love walking (I know I am crazy) 2 hours is a good walk for me.

Sursonica

Sursonica

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts
Every year I do 2 pilgrimages one of them is about 50 miles in one night, and the other is 25 miles also in one night, but this one is on a valley up mountain, walking of course, so I really like to walk :D totally get it, not crazy at all.

Is that close?

Perhaps he did. When Amy said he turned up in the middle of the night, Leonard said 'poor guy, he must be exhausted' but it would have taken 2 hours to walk 6 miles, at a slow pace.

I love walking (I know I am crazy) 2 hours is a good walk for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users