Popular Pages on the Main Site:   Next Episode | Official Merchandise | Sheldon Quotes | Latest News | Episode Guide

Welcome to The Big Bang Theory Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Penny's Last Name Paradox

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#41 cbolt

cbolt

Senior Executive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:57 PM

According to the Big Bang Theory wiki Penny's father is named Wyatt and is seen in The Boyfriend Complexity. He doesn't appear to be an intellectual.

have you not seen that episode? it centers around the visit from her father and how he likes Leonard because he's smarter than the other guys Penny's dated. (Boyfriend Complexity, Season 4).

Yeah, but the bar wasn't set very high. Her past bf's were real scumbags. His main goal was for his grandkids to not end up living in a trailer. Not exactly too intellectual.

Not exactly setting the bar high for her, which explains Penny's issues and realtionships with Men.

#42 wayelrob

wayelrob

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:17 AM

At some point in the show, Leonard and Penny will marry. I believe it is an inevitability. We will learn Penny's last name during the wedding ceremony.

#43 cbolt

cbolt

Senior Executive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:25 AM

When someone says this is going to happen or it's inevitable this will happen I just have to give them the haughty derision look. If this is the time we find out her name I believe would be insulting and a cop out and a little predictable, if it was revealed this way then she has a regular common last name. Also it was inevitable Ross and Rachel were to be married and that didn't happen, now did it?

#44 Guest_I'm not dead Cheryl_*

Guest_I'm not dead Cheryl_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:04 PM

When someone says this is going to happen or it's inevitable this will happen I just have to give them the haughty derision look. If this is the time we find out her name I believe would be insulting and a cop out and a little predictable, if it was revealed this way then she has a regular common last name. Also it was inevitable Ross and Rachel were to be married and that didn't happen, now did it?

Ross and Rachel ended up together even if they were not married (well actually they did get married and then divorced).. and they had a daughter, same difference. a marriage can be broken, sharing a daughter it can't. they were bonded forever.

and yes, some things are inevitable. Is like when you watch Titanic, you know the ship is gonna sink, or when you watch a World War II movie, you know the nazis lose. When you see a romantic movie, you know the leading guy is gonna get the leading girl in the end.

And if you pay attention, to The Big Bang Theory you know that Penny and Leonard are gonna be together in the end. How, when, for how long and how many bumps on the road, that, we don't know and that is what people tune in to see amongst other things.

now, if you don't pay attention is a different thing.
  • AndyRenee likes this

#45 cbolt

cbolt

Senior Executive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:49 PM

Ross and Rachel ended up together even if they were not married (well actually they did get married and then divorced).. and they had a daughter, same difference. a marriage can be broken, sharing a daughter it can't. they were bonded forever.

and yes, some things are inevitable. Is like when you watch Titanic, you know the ship is gonna sink, or when you watch a World War II movie, you know the nazis lose. When you see a romantic movie, you know the leading guy is gonna get the leading girl in the end.

And if you pay attention, to The Big Bang Theory you know that Penny and Leonard are gonna be together in the end. How, when, for how long and how many bumps on the road, that, we don't know and that is what people tune in to see amongst other things.

now, if you don't pay attention is a different thing.

No it's not the same differnce except at the end you had to wonder if they were together or not, yes they got married(drunk in a little chapel in Vegas) then got divorced shortly, yes they had a baby. You can not compare the Titanic some that actually happened to Leonard and Penny, they might end up together and then they might, but you can't say they will.

#46 Guest_I'm not dead Cheryl_*

Guest_I'm not dead Cheryl_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:52 PM

Of course I can. "Penny and Leonard will end up together" see? I just did :D

p.s.: Ross and Rachel DID end up together.
  • AndyRenee likes this

#47 cbolt

cbolt

Senior Executive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:19 PM

Of course I can. "Penny and Leonard will end up together" see? I just did :D

p.s.: Ross and Rachel DID end up together.

You can say it buy nothing will happen because you did. Ross and Rachel not really it was an assumption, they weren't engaged and weren't married. Take out the baby and if TBBT has a ending like that I doubt they'll be to many happy Leonard and Penny fans.

#48 SydNC

SydNC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:34 PM

It was inevitable that Sam Malone was going to end up with Diane. He didn't. Then it was inevitable he was going to end up with Rebecca. He didn't. When Cheers ended, Sam was a single man.

#49 cbolt

cbolt

Senior Executive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:38 PM

It was inenvitable that Carrie would be with Big but it didn't happen which is probably why they made the movies.

#50 Skipper Sam

Skipper Sam

• Newbies
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:34 PM

Penny's full stage name is Penny Lane

Penny's mom was a minor actress who had a affair with a leading actor while on the set of a major motion picture in 1982
They broke up following the news, that she would not be offered a role in the Major Actor's next picture
The woman gave birth to a baby girl during a movie Premier  on May 25, 1983 and then put up for Adoption 

It is unknown if "Penny's" mom had a strange since of humor or did it as a slap against "Penny''s birth father but Penny's first and middle name is....

Leia Skywalker

Penny's real father is.............

Leonard Nimoy

So Penny's birth name is

Leia Skywalker Nimoy !

#51 Midru

Midru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:19 PM

This used to bug the crap out of me. But since I read that the writers now have a thing about it, and are not going to tell us anytime soon what Penny's last name is, I care less. 

No doubt there will be some kind of revelation, some day. But if the writers are superstitious about it.... it might not be until the very end of the series. 

#52 Grasshopper

Grasshopper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:08 AM

Penny's last name has become a real inconsistency with the show. If you all realize it,  Sheldon quite often tends to use the full names of his peers when he addresses them, most specifically Amy Farah Fowler. you would think that at some point in the past he would have done this with Penny.

#53 Nogravitasatall

Nogravitasatall

At all

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,377 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:18 AM

I enjoy this little conceit. The characters all know her last name, else it would be discussed in the show as a mystery. Its just a cute device to irk some and be a pending gift or Easter egg for the viewers. Its a puzzle or device that has to be accepted for the moment, like the Force, transporter beams and that they continue to make Transformer movies. I'm just hoping the final reveal either won't occur, or will be better than Mr Lucas's "midi-chlorians".

Edited by Nogravitasatall, 09 August 2013 - 02:19 AM.

• Count Wally de Honk likes this

#54 BillF63

BillF63

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 04:12 PM

I really do not think they will reveal her last name. If they do reveal it, I think a good way to do it would be in the last season if Penny and Leonard are going to get married I could see Penny not wanting to change her last name and causing a fight between her and leonard. That would give them the opportunity to reveal it.

OR

A good joke would be that Penny doesn't want to change her last name because she like her own last name better than Hofstadter but they still do not reveal it to the audience. It would drive people nuts!

• koops likes this

#55 Willo the Wisp

Willo the Wisp

Mantis Fancier

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 04:43 PM

Penny's surname is Schlurgenheifentroudlehurmer. Obviously.

That is why she's never told it to the guys.

She's ashamed.

• Nogravitasatall and Count Wally de Honk like this

#56 3ku11

3ku11

What's the jist Physicist?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,300 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:36 PM

I think the guys have always known Penny's last name, and it has always been established through out the show, just no one has bothered to ask her last name. You would think Leonard would he used to bring her mail over to her in S1 just as an excuse to talk to her, then get a foot in the fabled apartment haha, but I guess like I said know one asked her, I am sure the writers well reveal her last name when the times right, although I don't see what the big deal is every other characters last name has been revealed, its not like Penny has a sordid past wow shocking reveal! Penny was a Experiemental Physicist in a previous life! haha. 

#57 Count Wally de Honk

Count Wally de Honk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 04:09 AM

Penny's surname is Schlurgenheifentroudlehurmer. Obviously.

That is why she's never told it to the guys.

She's ashamed.

"You chose a cold night to visit our dead planet," he said.  "Who ... who are you?" stammered Arthur.  The man looked away. Again a look of sadness seemed to cross his face.  "My name is not important," he said. Arthur looked at the old man, his face illuminated by the dull glow of tiny lights on the instrument panel.  "Excuse me," he said to him, "what is your name, by the way?"  "My name?" said the old man, and the same distant sadness came into his face again. He paused. "My name," he said, "is Slartibartfast."  Arthur practically choked.  "I beg your pardon?" he spluttered.  "Slartibartfast," repeated the old man quietly.  "Slartibartfast?"  The old man looked at him gravely.  "I said it wasn't important," he said.

• Willo the Wisp likes this

#58 koops

koops

Senior Partner: Midol & Seagull, ESQ

• Chat Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,497 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 04:23 AM

I really do not think they will reveal her last name. If they do reveal it, I think a good way to do it would be in the last season if Penny and Leonard are going to get married I could see Penny not wanting to change her last name and causing a fight between her and leonard. That would give them the opportunity to reveal it.

OR

A good joke would be that Penny doesn't want to change her last name because she like her own last name better than Hofstadter but they still do not reveal it to the audience. It would drive people nuts!

LOL I would love this last scenario! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users