Popular Pages on the Main Site:   Next Episode | Official Merchandise | Sheldon Quotes | Latest News | Episode Guide

Welcome to The Big Bang Theory Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Howard's alien pins?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 garyp

garyp

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:16 AM

I've been wondering about the big secret about Howard's alien pins that he wears on every show.

Does anyone know if Simon Helberg has any connection to Alienware computers? Maybe he's a major stockholder or used to work there or something of the sort? Since the logo is the same as the pins he wears it would make sense if he was somehow a fan of Alienware or somehow connected with the company.
  • abormoumb likes this

#2 Kyzzx

Kyzzx

(*The Conqueror)

• Valued Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:20 AM

Simon Helberg has said this: "Only our costumer and I know its meaning. Ha-ha-ha. It's not a dirty secret, just a juicy one." (source)

So your guess is as good as mine.

#3 netmouse

netmouse

Google Moogle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,815 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:55 AM

I truly hope they keep to their promise of revealing it's meaning before the show's finale.

#4 garyp

garyp

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:31 AM

Thanks, Kyzzx, I have the DVD and saw that. That's why I was curious. Since the alien pins look so much like the Alienware logo I thought he might have some kind of connection. I did a Google search and didn't see anything mentioned.

Another possibility is that he might believe in aliens or believe he was abducted by aliens. So he has the pins to reflect that belief.

#5 SydNC

SydNC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:16 AM

Maybe he thinks aliens kidnapped his dad... or, just as a fan of space, he likes aliens... I do like his pins though... I kept looking like crazy at the scenes of him in the Soyuz capsule to see if he had an alien pin somewhere. I didn't see one, but will look again.

#6 inriri

inriri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:44 AM

i think its not about howard at all....so happens the alien symbol appears in other places besides the pin...4 example: leonard's big ass bday...the symbol was very obvious @ the store where penny & sheldon bought leonards present

#7 themightylin

themightylin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:54 PM

Maybe he thinks aliens kidnapped his dad... or, just as a fan of space, he likes aliens... I do like his pins though... I kept looking like crazy at the scenes of him in the Soyuz capsule to see if he had an alien pin somewhere. I didn't see one, but will look again.

Oh!! I like this idea. Howard even mentions that when he was younger, he imagined that his dad went to Melmac with Alf, and that some day Alf would bring him back. I bet he totally wears it for his dad. Believing his dad was kidnapped by aliens would mean that Howard himself was not rejected, and his dad is out there somewhere thinking about him.
Could even explain why he got interested in the space program!

#8 netmouse

netmouse

Google Moogle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,815 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:08 AM

"Where's my daddy, puppet??" :D

#9 zeusfan

zeusfan

• Newbies
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:33 PM

I have been looking at this topic for a while now, I know most people believe it has a connection to the alienware logo, but I do not think so. if you look at his pin compared to the actual logo you will see that his pin is composed of eyes, a nose, and a mouth. Where as the logo is just eyes. What is the true secret behind the pin we may never know but I am for sure it doesnt relate to alienware.

#10 netmouse

netmouse

Google Moogle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,815 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:55 AM

It's actually more a case of people comparing the alien pin to the alienware logo, simply because the logo is a fairly recognised symbol, hence making it easier to describe the pin itself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users