Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Penny's last name?

46 posts in this topic

Posted

I know they've never said Penny's last name on the show, but I was just wondering what people think her last name actually is? And why exactly have they never said it?

The Big Bang Theory: Season 8 DVD

The Big Bang Theory Season 8 DVD

The eighth season of The Big Bang Theory is coming to DVD and Blu-ray this September. Enjoy all twenty-four episodes of the latest season again with bonus features including four behind-the-scenes featurettes, a gag reel, and footage from The Big Bang Theory's 2014 Comic-Con panel.

Pre-order The Big Bang Theory: Season 8 DVD from Amazon

Posted

Really no one has any suggestions? :icon_eek:

Posted

Lane and Pitstop were popular suggestions.

Posted

You're probably not getting much response because this has been discussed many times already.

But there's nothing wrong with trying it again.

Posted

I would love Penny Lane.

Posted

i want penny to stay penny :)

Posted

You're probably not getting much response because this has been discussed many times already.

But there's nothing wrong with trying it again.

I'm still new here so I haven't had a chance to discuss it yet. But glad to know I'm not the only one

I like her to become Penny Hofstadter someday

Posted

Like your signature says... Maybe it shall never be revealed until the possibility of "Hofstadter" harhar.

Posted

If I were a writer on the show I would start making phone calls to famous scientist's and sci-fi actors. Then make Penny related to whoever agreed to it! Patric Stewart would be my my first choose but you can see where I am going with this....

Posted

What if it turns out Penny's last name is same as one of Sheldon's distant relatives who comes to visit and that's when Sheldon freaks out and realizes he is related to Penny or they could do it with one of Leonard's relatives and freak out Leonard who thinks he may have slept with his distant cousin.

Posted

Penny's last name will not be a revelation to the characters. They already know her last name. Sheldon and Leonard have seen her mail. Sheldon filled out her medical forms at the hospital.

Posted

But, that could be a false last name. Lots of people change their last names when they move out to California to pursue careers in acting to something they thing sounds cooler or more commercial. The name Sheldon and Leonard may think is her last name might not be Penny's REAL last name.

Posted

Actors use stage names. Penny is a waitress that wants to be an actor. She has been involved in one way or another with Leonard for five years. Does anyone really believe he wouldn't know her last name? That Sheldon wouldn't know her last name?

Also, I doubt that the state of California would let her sign Howard and Bernadette's marriage documents without including her full, legal name.

Posted

The other day I read a fanfic where she was referred to as Penny Mhhhmmhmmmhhh hahha it made me laugh out loud

Posted

We may never know Her "REAL" last name as She is in the "Witness Protection" program for turning over evidence and testifying against Her "Meth" making family members back in Nebraska.

Just something to think about.............

Posted

I think we'll find out her last name at the end, when she and Leonard get married and the minister says "Do you, Penelope ....."

Posted

I think we'll find out her last name at the end, when she and Leonard get married and the minister says "Do you, Penelope ....."

actually I would prefer if in that moment, a loud noise or something happens so we don't actually hear it.

I would like it if they would keep it a secret forever :)

Posted

actually I would prefer if in that moment, a loud noise or something happens so we don't actually hear it.

I would like it if they would keep it a secret forever :)

Hahaha! That is hilarious and a great idea!

Posted

Good idea... Or perhaps another episode her name is mentioned a few times, but loud noises cover it up?

Knock knock knock - delivery for Miss (loud noise) as flowers arrive from Leonard

At a waiting room - (Dr. or Dentist) "Miss (loud cough)... Right this way please"

Picking up take out food - "Order for (dishes crashing)!" and she stands up to get it

She gets pulled over and when the officer returns her license and registration, he/she says have a good day Miss (car horn), and please watch your speed.

At an audition, her name is called out loudly as she is next, by we can't hear it for some reason

The joke is on us... But let the lip readers and super slow motion DVR'ing begin!

Posted

Well if Penny and Leonard get married at the end of the series it wont be a mystery anymore because we'd know her new real last name is Hofstader so it won't matter much then what her maiden name was.

I don't mind not knowing her maiden name, but I was just curious to know what people might think it is. And I still think they may reveal it later towards end of the series at least I hope so. :) They also mentioned revealing something about why Howard wears that alien pin too.

Actors use stage names. Penny is a waitress that wants to be an actor. She has been involved in one way or another with Leonard for five years. Does anyone really believe he wouldn't know her last name? That Sheldon wouldn't know her last name?

Also, I doubt that the state of California would let her sign Howard and Bernadette's marriage documents without including her full, legal name.

They have never said her last name, so we can only assume that they know it, but that does not mean that they actually know it. Until they say it, none of us know that for sure. And if Penny legally changed her last name before moving to Californan than she wouldn't have to include her original last name on any documentation only the newest legal name. I'm not saying thats what happened I'm just saying its possible since none of us know what her last name actually is or rather or not she ever changed her last name. And we don't know if Sheldon or Leonard know if she changed it either. You're just assuming they know the truth, but Penny has lied before so its not totally unreasonable to think that they may not know the truth, but only think they know.

Posted

Good idea... Or perhaps another episode her name is mentioned a few times, but loud noises cover it up?

Knock knock knock - delivery for Miss (loud noise) as flowers arrive from Leonard

At a waiting room - (Dr. or Dentist) "Miss (loud cough)... Right this way please"

Picking up take out food - "Order for (dishes crashing)!" and she stands up to get it

She gets pulled over and when the officer returns her license and registration, he/she says have a good day Miss (car horn), and please watch your speed.

At an audition, her name is called out loudly as she is next, by we can't hear it for some reason

These are all great ideas. They should start doing this, it's a great little ongoing joke!

Posted

We are always hearing "Dr." and the boys' last names... Perhaps Penny should receive an honorary Doctorate from some school... So Dr. "________" would be appropriate. An honorary doctorate would drive Sheldon nuts too. Especially if it's a Dr. of Theater, something to do with fashion, or makeup, etc.

Might be fun.

Posted

Well if Penny and Leonard get married at the end of the series it wont be a mystery anymore because we'd know her new real last name is Hofstader so it won't matter much then what her maiden name was.

I don't mind not knowing her maiden name, but I was just curious to know what people might think it is. And I still think they may reveal it later towards end of the series at least I hope so. :) They also mentioned revealing something about why Howard wears that alien pin too.

They have never said her last name, so we can only assume that they know it, but that does not mean that they actually know it. Until they say it, none of us know that for sure. And if Penny legally changed her last name before moving to Californan than she wouldn't have to include her original last name on any documentation only the newest legal name. I'm not saying thats what happened I'm just saying its possible since none of us know what her last name actually is or rather or not she ever changed her last name. And we don't know if Sheldon or Leonard know if she changed it either. You're just assuming they know the truth, but Penny has lied before so its not totally unreasonable to think that they may not know the truth, but only think they know.

And maybe they all live in a tiny universe in a locker at a bus station. How far do you want to take this scenario? It could be endless. :icon_biggrin:

HeWolf likes this