Popular Pages on the Main Site:   Next Episode | Official Merchandise | Sheldon Quotes | Latest News | Episode Guide

Welcome to The Big Bang Theory Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Season 6 spoilers

• Please log in to reply
3731 replies to this topic

Chiara

Chiara

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Wait, they were wearing princess outfits while in Disneyland? ? ?

That's what I got from it. Apparently, it is an "attraction" in Disney World/Land/Universe/Solar system : you show up and get the princess makeover (I don't know if you get to keep the costumes though... In the episode, they do but in real life, I wonder) It does not exist in France. Darn !

Edited by Chiara, 13 February 2013 - 06:21 AM.

Kiru Breezy

Kiru Breezy

Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

As a woman, who is a scientist and a budding engineer, I am SO PSYCHED for this episode. 

Sounds really well and I can't wait to see the girls esp Amy as Snow White. :wub:

Thanks again Monique and Kyxzz! 

Pomita

Pomita

Senior Executive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,076 posts

I don't think they get to see them, I think they're just on speaker phone. Which is why I thought it was clever. Because society always drills this fairy tale princess concept in little girls heads and here they are hearing about science career from two women scientists who are dressed up in princesses outfits but they don't see it. I don't think it was meant to be to make the experience closer to the young girls, I thought it was meant to be poking fun at the princess vs scientist concept. 

Oh ok, I went back and read it and you're right. I somehow thought it was video chat.

This definitely works, too. :) Very ironical!

Kiru Breezy

Kiru Breezy

Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

This sounds AMAZING!

So...Amy is :

Penny is :

And Bernie is :

I hope we see promo pics!

• mjc45 likes this

mjc45

mjc45

Senior Executive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts

:icon_arrowu: very cute pitcures :icon_lol:

The God Particle

The God Particle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

It is so appropriate that Amy is Snow White...

rubyanjel

rubyanjel

Duchess of Salt Lake City

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts

Oh crap. I am so confused in this forum. I forgot the taping reports are not posted here anymore. This is really not a good place to people who are unaware of their (read: my) sense of control and organization.

bbtfan07

bbtfan07

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Anyone notice that Raj's possible girlfriend Kate Micucci also performs in a singing duo called Garfunkel and Oates and that her partner is Rikki Lindhome, the actress who portrayed Ramona Nowitzki, the graduate student who had an obsession with Sheldon.

bbtfan07

rubyanjel

rubyanjel

Duchess of Salt Lake City

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts

On the other hand, I feel like they really do have some staff that reads the episode reviews online and it seems they have focused on the feminism complaints.

koops

koops

Senior Partner: Midol & Seagull, ESQ

• Chat Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts

I don't get it. Why is it so appropriate that Amy is Snow White besides the fact that they are both brunettes? Aren't Snow White and Sleeping Beauty pretty much the same (i.e. awakened by a kiss)?

The God Particle

The God Particle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Oh crap. I am so confused in this forum. I forgot the taping reports are not posted here anymore. This is really not a good place to people who are unaware of their (read: my) sense of control and organization.

http://forum.the-big...urrent/?p=97797

The God Particle

The God Particle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

I don't get it. Why is it so appropriate that Amy is Snow White besides the fact that they are both brunettes? Aren't Snow White and Sleeping Beauty pretty much the same (i.e. awakened by a kiss)?

Snow White is a very innocent character in the Disney cartoon and that really matches Amy quite well.

Kiru Breezy

Kiru Breezy

Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

How DARE YOU! :p

They are SO NOT THE SAME!

Snow is sweet, kooky, brave, sincere, curious, orderly....while Aurora is demure (somewhat), delicate and vapid, playful.

koops

koops

• Chat Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts

hahah! OMG why do I feel like I've said Star Trek and Star Wars are the same thing??

My apologies, I know nothing about Disney princesses besides the overall storylines. (And sometimes not even that).

• Pomita and phantagrae like this

SRAM

SRAM

Wandering Gypsy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,155 posts
I can't wait to see the girls dressed up. Leonard, Sheldon and Howard are some really lucky nerds. I hope the do some promo shots of the girls dressed up.
  • rubyanjel and Zhalen565 like this

stardustmelody

stardustmelody

Philosopher and Astronomer of the Court

• Valued Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,999 posts

Thank you Monique and Kellee for your reports.   I think this episode is going to be so funny and give a very "light" feeling.  After some of the more "serious" episodes, this one is going to be a lot of fun.   I can't wait to see the girls all dressed up as princesses and what perfect picks for each of them!   I can't wait to see the boys fail so miserably in front of a classroom of middle school aged girls. :icon_lol:   I am especially fond of Raj's date though.  Oh my gosh that is going to be so adorable. :wub:   All around it looks like a great episode.  I am sad we have to wait until March to see it.   :icon_redface:

Monqiue or Kellee, can you tell us who wrote this one?   Was Tara involved?  For some reason it sounds like it has her all over it.   :icon_lol:

Edited by stardustmelody, 13 February 2013 - 12:22 PM.

rachelshamyfan

rachelshamyfan

Sheldon kissed Amy and he liked it :)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,715 posts
No tweets from bill last night was unusual

Pomita

Pomita

Senior Executive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,076 posts

I find myself reading through Raj/Lucy's date over and over. Just from how sweet and funny and touching I find them in written words, I'm almost wondering if they're going to compete with the Shamy for me. (I know, I know, huge statement to make.. I'm just loving their interaction too much). :) Let's see how it plays out with the actors.  

koops

koops

• Chat Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts

I find myself reading through Raj/Lucy's date over and over. Just from how sweet and funny and touching I find them in written words, I'm almost wondering if they're going to compete with the Shamy for me. (I know, I know, huge statement to make.. I'm just loving their interaction too much). :) Let's see how it plays out with the actors.  

I think they have a very similar dynamic in the sense that they're both psychologically messed up in the same way Shamy were all up in their brains. I think these dynamics are always endearing to watch, as opposed to the opposites attract kind of thing. But there's no way anyone is ever going to top Shamy for me :p

Then again, I never really ship anyone (with the exception of the good ol' FBI agents), so I'm most definitely a hard one to hook.

Edited by spook, 13 February 2013 - 02:19 PM.

• phantagrae likes this

silverangel

silverangel

Senior Executive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,248 posts

Maybe Lucy and Raj  will  be able to help each other overcome fears, heal each other. If she will be in show,  so often like Alex, maybe that is cure for Raj: LOVE.  It's the best for everything. We have example: Shamy!

I know that now someone will think it's trivial, but I don't care, Sheldon and Amy are beautiful people, all of them are beautifull , and most of all love is beautiful, :icon_razz: :icon_exclaim:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users