Popular Pages on the Main Site:   Next Episode | Official Merchandise | Sheldon Quotes | Latest News | Episode Guide

Welcome to The Big Bang Theory Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Is Kaley Cuoco Beautiful?

• Please log in to reply
261 replies to this topic

#121 Ar Diem

Ar Diem

Official Hat Wearer

• Chat Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:58 PM

Actually I'm very attracted to brainy women, but reading Mayim's blog and her creepy ideas about child-raising, vaccines, religion, wearing 'modest clothing' etc, was an enormous turn-off.I find Kaley beautiful, but I also find Artii Mann (Priya) even more beautiful *sigh*....now there is a a goddess! I'd want an intellectual equal and someone I could argue with like Penny and Sheldon; I love that dynamic....

I have never read her blog and I know nothing about either of them.  Based on what little I did know when I made my original comment I stand by what I said.  With little to no information I would have picked Mayim over Kaley.

Aarti would have been a Monday girl for sure.  She is much prettier and has the added bonus of being Indian, one of the few races I was not able to date while single.

#122 Guest_I'm not dead Cheryl_*

Guest_I'm not dead Cheryl_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:12 PM

I can only talk regarding what I've seen on their public appearances, twitter, blogs, interviews etc.

While I like Kaley ok, I don't like her interviews, she doesn't come up as smart, or interesting to me, laughs way too much, and overuses the phrase "it's fun". Also, at the last two Comic Cons, I'm sorry but she came out as a bit of an airhead. Not to mention her Playboy interview. I really don't know what she was thinking when she did that. 

I also follow her on twitter, and 90% of her tweets are either about shoes, or going clubbing with friends, or reality shows. I'm sorry, but I don't find her interesting. She's very nice, and I bet she's a great person, but I don't find her attractive or interesting because of her public persona. 

Mayim in the other hand,. you may or may not agree with her parenting, or beliefs or convictions, but there is no denying that she is a very smart, intelligent, read and articulate person, someone that I would really like to talk to and make an exchange of ideas. She's a very interesting woman, who can really express her ideas and can really handle a great conversation on a very large number of topics, someone who stands by what she believes in and can carry a good debate without resorting to agression or common places.

I read her blog, seen a lot of interviews (even from her blossom days) and seen her Commencement Speech at Penn State. And she has always seemed extremely smart and interesting. And I wouldn't say it is only because of her PhD. 

Is true, is not necessary to have a PhD to prove someone is smart, but it is a sign of a certain intellectual curiosity and the pursue of knowledge, 

But again, that is my opinion, based on their public personas. 

Edited by Sursonica, 25 December 2012 - 09:16 PM.

• sarah7, idrive65, BangerMain and 2 others like this

#123 Ar Diem

Ar Diem

Official Hat Wearer

• Chat Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:27 PM

Is true, is not necessary to have a PhD to prove someone is smart, but it is a sign of a certain intellectual curiosity and the pursue of knowledge, 

Thank you.

I think the biggest mistake people make is that dating always has to be serious.  When I was single I viewed it more casually, I viewed it as an experience.  I even went on a chaperoned date once.  Turns out I had a better time with her chaperone than her but hey, they can't all be good dates.  I probably could have asked her chaperone out but that would have been bad form.

#124 annieogly

annieogly

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:47 PM

I'd agree the Ph.D helps if you want intellectual companionship, lesbians don't date casually, we want girlfriends, so it's different and yes that's no. 1 for me not what mainstream culture calls ' beauty'.

#125 BangerMain

BangerMain

Senior Executive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:23 PM

I can only talk regarding what I've seen on their public appearances, twitter, blogs, interviews etc.

While I like Kaley ok, I don't like her interviews, she doesn't come up as smart, or interesting to me, laughs way too much, and overuses the phrase "it's fun". Also, at the last two Comic Cons, I'm sorry but she came out as a bit of an airhead. Not to mention her Playboy interview. I really don't know what she was thinking when she did that. 

I also follow her on twitter, and 90% of her tweets are either about shoes, or going clubbing with friends, or reality shows. I'm sorry, but I don't find her interesting. She's very nice, and I bet she's a great person, but I don't find her attractive or interesting because of her public persona. 

I get the same feeling about Kaley from interviews, she has an underdeveloped intellect but you can't prove that she is vapid with out knowing her first hand.

This can be easily explained from the background that we know. She has been a TV actor since she was six and has played pretty much the same characters from her teen years to now: the sexy blond that causes men to melt on seeing her. This is her third TV series (8 Simple Rules, Charmed, and TBBT) in which the role demands that she shows up and be beautiful. Kaley has said that she can now play Penny without much thought, she knows the complete range of emotions that the character has and when to use them. The writers don't really demand much of the Penny character so she seldom has to stretch. She was so excited about the "ILY" episode because it allowed Penny to show some of her inner emotions.

Kaley comes across as the typical 20 something showbiz veteran with little interests outside the business. She was home schooled and has an equivalent high school degree. Her interviews are always in fluffy entertainment or Men's media outlets where the focus is on her Penny character or her beauty with the required photo spread showing off her body. She is not asked to think of anything of substance so we don't know if there is any depth to her beyond her love of shoes, parties and her diet and workout regimen.

Edited by BangerMain, 25 December 2012 - 10:30 PM.

• asusus likes this

#126 sarah7

sarah7

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:48 PM

Mayim in the other hand,. you may or may not agree with her parenting, or beliefs or convictions, but there is no denying that she is a very smart, intelligent, read and articulate person, someone that I would really like to talk to and make an exchange of ideas. She's a very interesting woman, who can really express her ideas and can really handle a great conversation on a very large number of topics, someone who stands by what she believes in and can carry a good debate without resorting to agression or common places.

I read her blog, seen a lot of interviews (even from her blossom days) and seen her Commencement Speech at Penn State. And she has always seemed extremely smart and interesting. And I wouldn't say it is only because of her PhD. 

Totally agree with your post Sursonica. I get more or less the same vibe from both of them as the one you described for each one. 

I don't agree with everything Mayim says or does as her philosophy in life (and btw: her parenting or eating choices are that: choices, but everything derived from her religion is an enterely different matter: she didn't make up that stuff, to say that is "off-puting" could be even considered offensive for Jewish people, I'm not Jewish, but I'd surely be a little bit offended if someone says something like that of my culture or beliefs, just my opinion), but what I've read from here had surely touched me and made me think much more (the poem to her kids she posted weeks ago made me cry, and I'm not a mother yet and had never been the motherly type) than Kaley's tweets or interviews.

And I'm not trying to blast Kaley either, I'm convinced too she is a great girl in real life, and yes, I think she is beautiful, but  she doesn't tickle my interest enough, I simply don't feel compatible with her.

It's also the way I'm usually attracted to people. Hot guys (even uber-hot ones) do nothing for me unless I find them interesting, specially at the intellectual level. My current boyfriend is not conventionally attractive at all, but he is extremely intelligent, talented and witty, we always have something to talk about. I can't but smile when people tell me"You could do better!" based solely in his looks. They have no idea ;)

I think that could also be a very good analogy for those who say can't understand why Sheldon could be interested in Amy and not fall for Penny or any other hotter woman. She simply is way more interesting for him than any other gal, despite not being the "prettiest" of them all.

#127 annieogly

annieogly

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:18 PM

Totally agree with your post Sursonica. I get more or less the same vibe from both of them as the one you described for each one. 

I don't agree with everything Mayim says or does as her philosophy in life (and btw: her parenting or eating choices are that: choices, but everything derived from her religion is an enterely different matter: she didn't make up that stuff, to say that is "off-puting" could be even considered offensive for Jewish people, I'm not Jewish, but I'd surely be a little bit offended if someone says something like that of my culture or beliefs, just my opinion),

FYI, I appreciate your sensitivity, but I'm Jewish  and have known Orthodox Jewish people who are part of normal mainstream culture. I also find it quite hypocritical as she's fine with speaking all kinds of quite vulgar sexual dialogue on the show & says she'll wear whatever they want as a costume. She's an adult and can make any kind of choice she wishes. But homeschooling and not vaccinating her children.  Ugh I feel more than sorry for them. And whatever attraction I had for her died.

http://www.wired.com...ik-disappoints/

#128 Guest_I'm not dead Cheryl_*

• Guests

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:23 PM

I get the same feeling about Kaley from interviews, she has an underdeveloped intellect but you can't prove that she is vapid with out knowing her first hand.

This can be easily explained from the background that we know. She has been a TV actor since she was six and has played pretty much the same characters from her teen years to now: the sexy blond that causes men to melt on seeing her. This is her third TV series (8 Simple Rules, Charmed, and TBBT) in which the role demands that she shows up and be beautiful. Kaley has said that she can now play Penny without much thought, she knows the complete range of emotions that the character has and when to use them. The writers don't really demand much of the Penny character so she seldom has to stretch. She was so excited about the "ILY" episode because it allowed Penny to show some of her inner emotions.

Kaley comes across as the typical 20 something showbiz veteran with little interests outside the business. She was home schooled and has an equivalent high school degree. Her interviews are always in fluffy entertainment or Men's media outlets where the focus is on her Penny character or her beauty with the required photo spread showing off her body. She is not asked to think of anything of substance so we don't know if there is any depth to her beyond her love of shoes, parties and her diet and workout regimen.

yes, I agree. That is why I clarified in my post saying that this opinion is only based on their public personas, which is the only way I know them. I really don't know how Kaley might be in real life, but that's the image she projects for me through her interviews, etc, the same for Mayim.

#129 Guest_I'm not dead Cheryl_*

• Guests

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:36 PM

FYI, I appreciate your sensitivity, but I'm Jewish  and have known Orthodox Jewish people who are part of normal mainstream culture. I also find it quite hypocritical as she's fine with speaking all kinds of quite vulgar sexual dialogue on the show & says she'll wear whatever they want as a costume. She's an adult and can make any kind of choice she wishes. But homeschooling and not vaccinating her children.  Ugh I feel more than sorry for them. And whatever attraction I had for her died.

http://www.wired.com...ik-disappoints/

It is quite rude to say that "you're more than sorry for her children" really rude. Her children come off as really happy kids so, I don't really see why you should be sorry for them. They have two loving parents who really put them first, even going through a divorce. 

Second, she never said she doesn't vaccinate her children. She said that she discusses with her kid's pediatrist which vaccines are really necessary and which ones are not, which is what my mom did with me and all my sisters. I have some vaccines, not all of them, since she researched and decided that there was no point in vaccinating us for diseases that have been erradicated for decades or that simply there is no way we can get? Why should I get vaccined against Malaria when I live in a sub-polar region? Which is not the same as not vaccinating. And even if she was not vaccinating her children I don't see what's so wrong about it. It's her choice, as it is on many many many other people. And a lot of them, in the scientific community, I can speak from experience. The same with homeschooling. 

Heck, since we're on the subject, Kaley was homeschooled. So was Mayim for that matter. They both came up pretty good, didn't they?

You keep linking a very judgemental article that is really one person's opinion about her parenting.

And third, Hypocritical? it's her job! it's called acting! It's nowhere written than an actor has to agree with the character or only has to play roles where the character's beliefs are the same as the person...

or do you really think Sir Anthony Hopkins is a serial murderer who loves to dine human liver with faba beans and a nice chianti? Or that Daniel Craig is really James Bond? or that Rennee Zellwegger is an overweight british girl? does that make them hypocrites too?

Does it make playing a straight womanizer man make Neil Patrick Harris who is gay a hypocrite?

Again, it's her JOB. She will say whateaver the writers write for her character, because, and at the risk of repeating myself... it's her JOB!

Edited by Sursonica, 25 December 2012 - 11:40 PM.

#130 annieogly

annieogly

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:11 AM

It is quite rude to say that "you're more than sorry for her children" really rude. Her children come off as really happy kids so, I don't really see why you should be sorry for them. They have two loving parents who really put them first, even going through a divorce. 

Second, she never said she doesn't vaccinate her children. She said that she discusses with her kid's pediatrist which vaccines are really necessary and which ones are not, which is what my mom did with me and all my sisters. I have some vaccines, not all of them, since she researched and decided that there was no point in vaccinating us for diseases that have been erradicated for decades or that simply there is no way we can get? Why should I get vaccined against Malaria when I live in a sub-polar region? Which is not the same as not vaccinating. And even if she was not vaccinating her children I don't see what's so wrong about it. It's her choice, as it is on many many many other people. And a lot of them, in the scientific community, I can speak from experience. The same with homeschooling. 

Heck, since we're on the subject, Kaley was homeschooled. So was Mayim for that matter. They both came up pretty good, didn't they?

You keep linking a very judgemental article that is really one person's opinion about her parenting.

And third, Hypocritical? it's her job! it's called acting! It's nowhere written than an actor has to agree with the character or only has to play roles where the character's beliefs are the same as the person...

or do you really think Sir Anthony Hopkins is a serial murderer who loves to dine human liver with faba beans and a nice chianti? Or that Daniel Craig is really James Bond? or that Rennee Zellwegger is an overweight british girl? does that make them hypocrites too?

Does it make playing a straight womanizer man make Neil Patrick Harris who is gay a hypocrite?

Again, it's her JOB. She will say whateaver the writers write for her character, because, and at the risk of repeating myself... it's her JOB!

Her children have no semblance of a normal life; going to school, running around with other kids. She can afford the best education.  If you read the blog link that I posted below they also have learning problems and developmental problems. I feel sorry for Kaley too, she's had no normal childhood and I bet when she turns 40 she just might fall apart as her entire life is based on her looks. In Hollywood a woman just might be over the hill at 30. It's sad and sick.

Let me just say I had to be vaccinated for Whooping Cough, which was eradicated decades ago, but has come back in the US become of the antiivaccine movement. I also have had no childhood illnesses and ran to get re-vaccinated as adult chickenpox or measles is so dangerous. For children it can kill them or worse leave them brain damaged, it's terrible.

Finally she's the one who makes a giant point of being religious, publically talks about it; won't say 'god' on tv but will fake BDSM, talks about having sex with a stranger in bathrooms. I don't know any normal Jewish person who is like her; she's so out there. Sandy Koufax was a Jewish baseball player and wouldn't pitch during the World Series on the first day of Yom Kippur, he wasn't even terribly observant but he thought it was the right thing to do. That's the difference between talk and sacrifice, if that's a value you purport to hold.

Okay here is a link to a blog written by a surgeon

http://scienceblogs....-farrah-fowler/

#131 Slicknickshady

Slicknickshady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:52 AM

Kaley is flawless.

And Sursonica, You are arguing with a Shenny shipper. It's useless. Shenny shippers don't have a logical thought in there brain.

Edited by Slicknickshady, 26 December 2012 - 01:56 AM.

• BlackWhiteRose likes this

#132 BlackWhiteRose

BlackWhiteRose

*loveTBBT*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:29 AM

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Thats it.

And it doesn`t matter at all if someone has a PHd or not.....My favourite actor has none and he still talks very intelligent btw.

Edited by BlackWhiteRose, 26 December 2012 - 05:31 AM.

• Moonbase likes this

#133 The Mayor of Sheldonopolis

The Mayor of Sheldonopolis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:05 AM

At least Sursonica came up with some good points rather than "Mayim has a PhD therefore is more interesting"  :icon_razz: good job on giving us an insight into Kaley a bit more, I admit I don't really like following anything on the actors as it ruins the illusion when they are on screen.

Back to the original question, is Kaley beautiful?...yes.

This thread is not about Mayim, maybe someone wants to start a "Is Mayim the most interesting and therefore the only worthwhile person in the world?" thread  :icon_lol:

• Slicknickshady, mjc45, Ayebee and 1 other like this

#134 SRAM

SRAM

Wandering Gypsy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,082 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:16 PM

I agree with part of what you say, but you are sort of judging her career when she is just going through a certain phase of it. She is a very pretty girl and Hollywood exploits the looks of their young stars as long as it pays. She is funny and pretty so they are going to cast her in those parts as long as she draws fans to her characters. She is starting to play more serious parts, as she gets older (Drew's wife in that TV movie) so we will have to see how her acting skills progress because she is just really expanding her talents right now, so who knows where she will end up. You are right in that she has probably had a sheltered life though, with being a child actress and being home schooled though. I also think she acts the way she does on talk shows is because that is what the talk shows want, they want funny Kaley/Penny. I have never seen the hosts ask her very deep questions. I think we will just have to see where her career goes. Kaley does have a natural beauty though and she doesn't have to use much makeup to make herself Hollywood beautiful.

#135 pantha9

pantha9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:06 PM

yes she defo is and a great balance to all the men on the show...in the first season before they brought more woman in..

#136 Shel_Ra_Ho_Le

Shel_Ra_Ho_Le

SHAMY 4EVER!

• Valued Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:45 PM

Kaley is flawless.

And Sursonica, You are arguing with a Shenny shipper. It's useless. Shenny shippers don't have a logical thought in there brain.

Flawless?  Ok, that is going to extremes and I totally do NOT agree with that!  

#137 Ar Diem

Ar Diem

Official Hat Wearer

• Chat Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:47 PM

At least Sursonica came up with some good points rather than "Mayim has a PhD therefore is more interesting" 

You have your panties in a twist over something that has to be taken in context.  If I were that age and single and I had little to no information but knew Mayim had a PhD I would choose her before choosing some blonde actress.  It is as simple as this... I have no idea what kind of things I would talk about with Kaley.  Mayim is more interesting because she has a PhD but continues to act.  Finding out why would give me at least one interesting conversation.  The fact that she is very smart would incline me to believe we would have many interesting conversations.

#138 Shel_Ra_Ho_Le

Shel_Ra_Ho_Le

SHAMY 4EVER!

• Valued Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:51 PM

Right.  Magically I made a blanket statement about everyone while only comparing 2 people.    :icon_rolleyes:

Kaley is an actress that acts.

Mayim has a PhD yet wastes her time acting.

One of them is smarter and initially more interesting than the other.

Wastes her time acting?  Oh really would you call thousands of dollars an hr a 'waste of time'?  Do you think people with PhDs make that kind of money?  I take high offense to your comment as I am also an actor and do not believe anything is wasted on such craft.  Would you bitch if you were making her kind of money?  I think not so double check yourself!

I have never read her blog and I know nothing about either of them.  Based on what little I did know when I made my original comment I stand by what I said.  With little to no information I would have picked Mayim over Kaley.

Aarti would have been a Monday girl for sure.  She is much prettier and has the added bonus of being Indian, one of the few races I was not able to date while single.

I'd take Mayim over Kaley anyday as well.  I like Mayim's quieter personality moreso than loud mouth, over the top personalities.  No wonder Mayim is not close with Kaley.

I hate Kaley's sarcastic, think she is better than anyone, grabs attention from others type attitude in her interviews and appearances.  She is so self aggrandizing!  Sarcasm or not its annoying!  Also intelligence is not measured by your scholastic career.  So agree with you Yani. :)

Edited by Shel_Ra_Ho_Le, 28 December 2012 - 07:52 PM.

#139 Slicknickshady

Slicknickshady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:57 PM

This thread is not about Mayim, maybe someone wants to start a "Is Mayim the most interesting and therefore the only worthwhile person in the world?" thread  :icon_lol:

haha.

I would pick Kaley over Mayim but I really think this thread isn't solving anything. People have different tastes. I have no issue with either Kaley or Mayim.

I mean none of us i don't think have met either. So unless we have personal experience judging an actress based on interviews isnt wise imo.

From what i have heard from people who have met both are that both are fantastic. I don't hear anybody call either a snob or etc. At the end of the day, that's what i care about. How they treat there fans and what kind of people they are and i have heard nothing but positive about both.

Edited by Slicknickshady, 28 December 2012 - 09:00 PM.

• BlackWhiteRose likes this

#140 Shel_Ra_Ho_Le

Shel_Ra_Ho_Le

SHAMY 4EVER!

• Valued Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:11 PM

haha.

I would pick Kaley over Mayim but I really think this thread isn't solving anything. People have different tastes. I have no issue with either Kaley or Mayim.

I mean none of us i don't think have met either. So unless we have personal experience judging an actress based on interviews isnt wise imo.

From what i have heard from people who have met both are that both are fantastic. I don't hear anybody call either a snob or etc. At the end of the day, that's what i care about. How they treat there fans and what kind of people they are and i have heard nothing but positive about both.

None?  Really?  Think again. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users