Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shel_Ra_Ho_Le

Big Bang Theory Taping Reports From 3Rd Season To Current!

698 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I don't read other forums, so I'm not sure what Fan Forum is, but that sounds equally as obnoxious to me.  The fact that you are all referring to yourselves as shippers tells me that you are too close to the issue to get an outside point of view.  The entire idea of shipping is a strange concept since you're emotionally invested in a fictional relationship that can change at the whim of the writers.  As someone who has been reading this forum for quite awhile (much longer than I've been posting) and with no strong emotions towards any ship, the unbalanced reactions almost always come from Shamy fans.  Compare the reaction of Shamy fans after 6x23's DnD cyber (weeping, hysteria and orgasm gifs) to the reaction of Lenny fans after 6x24's mutual ILYs (muted happiness).  I just figured I would point it out since you had two people angry enough to throw things and drop f bombs before the 6x24 report was even posted.  Anyway, I'll head back to lurking since the myopia was a little stronger than I anticipated.

Stop generalizing. The reactions were different because one scene was sexual in nature while the other was romantic/sweet. In 6x23 Shamy had D&D sex, so a lot of fans used sexual metaphors/gifs to indicate their satisfaction. Contrast that to the Valentine's episode, where most Shamy fans, similar to most Lenny fans now, talked about how meaningful the scene was and how they really appreciated the sweetness of the storyline. I'm pretty sure we would get a much more evocative response from the Lenny fans had they aired something similar to the tequila scene.

Anyways, who are you to judge what is an appropriate versus an obnoxious reaction? As long as those Shamy fans are not hurting anyone, I do not see any problem with their reaction. Also, fyi I do not think any of them were actually weeping or orgasmic  the comments were just indicative of their excitement @ Sheldon's growth. Anyways, guess what, people tend to get attached to their favorite characters, that's fiction for you! That's why we have this forum in the first place. 

Edited by menamena
MJistheBOMB, CaitAmber and Pomita like this

Posted

No. Still your mom.

Your mom. For a DOLLAR.

Posted

Your mom. For a DOLLAR.

Did you say that while looking in a mirror?... because then it would make sense to me. Ohhhhhh! LOL.

Posted

Did you say that while looking in a mirror?... because then it would make sense to me. Ohhhhhh! LOL.

@AdorkablyMe. You want some aloe for that, you just got burned.

Posted (edited)

Ooooh damn girl!  tumblr_m1tin18ELM1r2s7g8.jpg

Edited by Shel_Ra_Ho_Le
MJistheBOMB likes this

Posted (edited)

Stop generalizing. The reactions were different because one scene was sexual in nature while the other was romantic/sweet. In 6x23 Shamy had D&D sex, so a lot of fans used sexual metaphors/gifs to indicate their satisfaction. Contrast that to the Valentine's episode, where most Shamy fans, similar to most Lenny fans now, talked about how meaningful the scene was and how they really appreciated the sweetness of the storyline. I'm pretty sure we would get a much more evocative response from the Lenny fans had they aired something similar to the tequila scene.

Anyways, who are you to judge what is an appropriate versus an obnoxious reaction? As long as those Shamy fans are not hurting anyone, I do not see any problem with their reaction. Also, fyi I do not think any of them were actually weeping or orgasmic the comments were just indicative of their excitement @ Sheldon's growth. Anyways, guess what, people tend to get attached to their favorite characters, that's fiction for you! That's why we have this forum in the first place.

hello @menamena . idk if the L/P fans are able to do gifs as readily. and the O gifs were very literal.

Its maybe a stylistic preference thing. it must be a technical competence thing and it might a generational thing.

The differentiation has struck me. I could comfortably show my mum one thread but not another.

ETA: this is on me. not saying anything about the mother of anyone else. (my mum is 80+ so even pics on an iphone mess with her)

Edited by Nogravitasatall

Posted (edited)

Firstly thanks to Monique and Kyzzx and anyone else that has contributed for all your wonderful reports throughout the year and for putting up with us all wanting them as quickly as possible. 

What did I think of the episode ? I do like that Leonard gets to go away on the expedition, and that Penny is being supportive, I'm starting to like the Lenny a lot, they have matured Penny well this last half of the season (for the most part) and Leonard has grown too, he's not apologising all the time, old Leonard was scared to walk out of the building for fear that Penny would latch onto another man.

Now, the Raj talking thing - don't like it.  I know that at one stage they had to cure him, but really this is what cures him, a broken heart?  Maybe I'm just not really feeling the Raj/Lucy vibes at all, but I really think that they messed up giving Raj a girlfriend, oh I know he was lonely but there was so much more that could have been explored for him as I've said on many previous replies about this subject.  I know some people will feel that it was a good strong way to finish the year, but I don't know.  

Edited by Convict13
MJistheBOMB likes this

Posted

In the last ep it looks like they are acting like they never met her.....this may be an official meeting thought  :unsure: 

What boggled me was that when she's having trouble meeting more than 1 people, wasn't it her idea in the first place to go into the comic book store which was (surprise, surprise) filled with people? Though, then again, maybe she did not really talk to them. There was still the chance someone could have talked to her there. It was a party after all.

eirwinrommel likes this

Posted

I don't read other forums, so I'm not sure what Fan Forum is, but that sounds equally as obnoxious to me.  The fact that you are all referring to yourselves as shippers tells me that you are too close to the issue to get an outside point of view.  The entire idea of shipping is a strange concept since you're emotionally invested in a fictional relationship that can change at the whim of the writers.  As someone who has been reading this forum for quite awhile (much longer than I've been posting) and with no strong emotions towards any ship, the unbalanced reactions almost always come from Shamy fans.  Compare the reaction of Shamy fans after 6x23's DnD cyber (weeping, hysteria and orgasm gifs) to the reaction of Lenny fans after 6x24's mutual ILYs (muted happiness).  I just figured I would point it out since you had two people angry enough to throw things and drop f bombs before the 6x24 report was even posted.  Anyway, I'll head back to lurking since the myopia was a little stronger than I anticipated.

If you think a group is overdoing a reaction to an event in an episode, whatever that may be, just walk away for a while. Eventually they will calm down, and return to what passes for normal. No need to get upset with them for being enthusiastic, that's why they're here (and have their own thread) in the first place.

hamerman55 likes this

Posted

If you think a group is overdoing a reaction to an event in an episode, whatever that may be, just walk away for a while. Eventually they will calm down, and return to what passes for normal. No need to get upset with them for being enthusiastic, that's why they're here (and have their own thread) in the first place.

Part of the problem is the f bombs were on this thread not the shamy thread. I'm all for enthusiasm. @I.H.F.S.C  was criticized for his/her opinion and I was called a racist but appears you can drop the f bomb and that's okay. 

Posted

Part of the problem is the f bombs were on this thread not the shamy thread. I'm all for enthusiasm. @I.H.F.S.C  was criticized for his/her opinion and I was called a racist but appears you can drop the f bomb and that's okay. 

Who dropped f bombs?

Posted

No shamy.

What the fuck!?!??

**throws pillow across room***

Posted (edited)

Part of the problem is the f bombs were on this thread not the shamy thread. I'm all for enthusiasm. @I.H.F.S.C was criticized for his/her opinion and I was called a racist but appears you can drop the f bomb and that's okay.

What one posts points out who one is. After a while one's natural voice comes through. I'm generally happy with that. It just takes the long run to show up. I did think this place aimed for PG-13 but we are generally grownups here I thought so the odd one is probably not the death of civility.

@convict13. Oops. Sorry about the Racy. But Lucy did her thing I think. Raj now has possibilities he didn't before. I think they have cleared the decks for a new phase of the show.

Edited by Nogravitasatall

Posted

What boggled me was that when she's having trouble meeting more than 1 people, wasn't it her idea in the first place to go into the comic book store which was (surprise, surprise) filled with people? Though, then again, maybe she did not really talk to them. There was still the chance someone could have talked to her there. It was a party after all.

I think part of the reason they wrote her out is the premise was ultimately unworkable. The inconsistencies you noted are probably a symptom of that. Writing for Raj had to be hard enough, and could also be that they ran out of ideas fast. Having Raj unable to talk around strange women for a while could be funny, since he could participate in the group better, but still have to work on the ultimate resolution of the mutism. I never really cared for the Lucy part in general. She was just too broken. Useful as a plot device, but I'd rather see another scientist added as Raj's real love interest. It keeps the focus on the science, and maintains Penny as the resident "regular" girl. Although it might be interesting to have Penny find him an actress to date, as she would have someone to bond with. Lots of possibilities.

eirwinrommel likes this

Posted

No, but your mom liked looking in the mirrors on the ceiling last night.

Oh snap.

Posted

Although, if they are really planning to permanently remove Lucy, she is now officially the rather revised  manic pixie dream girl. Broken, but has magically cured the sick. And they said Amy was the manic pixie... ha!

hamerman55 likes this

Posted

Oh snap.

Why are you trying to rile Monique up?  She's got more people in her corner than meets the eye and I'm one of them.   Oh snap!

MJistheBOMB likes this

Posted

What one posts points out who one is. After a while one's natural voice comes through. I'm generally happy with that. It just takes the long run to show up. I did think this place aimed for PG-13 but we are generally grownups here I thought so the odd one is probably not the death of civility.

Again, in the interests of full discloser, I left one in a post when CBS released the limited statement about what 6.24 was about (the thrown for a loop when Leonard is offered a position). I was not happy with the implication and immediately thought the worst for the L/P coupling. Having spent the better part of my early adult life in the military, they crop up from time to time. I should go back and edit that.

Posted

Again, in the interests of full discloser, I left one in a post when CBS released the limited statement about what 6.24 was about (the thrown for a loop when Leonard is offered a position). I was not happy with the implication and immediately thought the worst for the L/P coupling. Having spent the better part of my early adult life in the military, they crop up from time to time. I should go back and edit that.

My thought was more about the odd bit of intense joshing or flammable reaction to same. But im like John Snow. What do i know.

Leave it there as a monument to appropriate use.

Posted

Oh snap.

You mean right before they came crashing down on your head?  :icon_twisted:

Posted

You mean right before they came crashing down on your head?  :icon_twisted:

...what?

Hahaha, much love MJ! \m/

MJistheBOMB likes this

Posted (edited)

I think what's going on here is I just won an internet trash-talking battle. LOL.

Edited by MJistheBOMB

Posted

I think what's going on here is I just won an internet trash-talking battle. LOL.

YOU GO GIRL! 

Posted

hello @menamena . idk if the L/P fans are able to do gifs as readily. and the O gifs were very literal.

Its maybe a stylistic preference thing. it must be a technical competence thing and it might a generational thing.

The differentiation has struck me. I could comfortably show my mum one thread but not another.

ETA: this is on me. not saying anything about the mother of anyone else. (my mum is 80+ so even pics on an iphone mess with her)

It's really not a generational thing, there seems to be a perception around here that most of the Shamys are very young, but actually the range of ages for that thread is between 17 and 50+. And most of the people are late 20's or older. 

1) F-bombS? ONE post by ONE person is a plural who defines another 20-30 people? 

2) Oh, poor IHFSC being politely told that maybe they shouldn't generalize. That's being criticized for their opinion? Aren't we a little sensitive.

3) You were not called a racist. Lost said that the concept of "guilty by association" is what fuels things like racism, because it is what it is: defining a whole lot of people by a negative stereotype based on flimsy evidence. How is that calling you a racist? 

MJistheBOMB and menamena like this