Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Big Bang Theory Taping Reports From 3Rd Season To Current!

698 posts in this topic

Posted

Thanks Monique :)

Posted

Thanks, Monique!!

We were talking before about the question of whether or not Howard would be up for tenure with only a master's degree--but this ep sounds like he was in the running.  AND, from the tag it seems as if he's not on the short list while the other 3 are.

And do we know if Kripke made the short list?

In a way, I'd love to see Sheldon get tenure, though it would probably make him even more insufferable.  But I like insufferable Sheldon. :)

I thought Howard wasn't going for it? 

Posted (edited)

Thanks, Monique!!

We were talking before about the question of whether or not Howard would be up for tenure with only a master's degree--but this ep sounds like he was in the running.  AND, from the tag it seems as if he's not on the short list while the other 3 are.

And do we know if Kripke made the short list?

In a way, I'd love to see Sheldon get tenure, though it would probably make him even more insufferable.  But I like insufferable Sheldon. :)

A big part of Sheldon's chances depends on who has the final choice. If all the committee does is write a report (this is academia, there has to be a report) and submit a short list, someone has to decide. If it's President Siebert, Sheldon can kiss it good-bye. Siebert's already sick of Sheldon.

4-15:

Seibert: The board of directors insists he has a beautiful mind. I think he’s just bananas.

Indicating he's already tried to get rid of him.

5-16:

Sheldon: Oh, President Siebert, I assume you’d like to respond to one of the suggestions I put in the box by your office.

Seibert: No, and stop installing suggestion boxes everywhere.

Sheldon: You don’t like written suggestions. You don’t like when I give them to you while we’re urinating in the men’s room. If I didn’t know any better, I’d say that you’re one of those stubborn people who are not open to suggestions.

Seibert: Dr. Cooper, the physics department chair tells me you’re refusing to take your vacation.

Sheldon: I don’t need a vacation.

Seibert: You’re obligated to take one. And I’d also like you to know the most-often received suggestion in my suggestion box you installed without asking me is can Dr. Cooper take a vacation? Okay, settled, then. I’ll see you all on Monday, except for you.

Sheldon: But if I don’t come into work, what am I supposed to do with myself?

Seibert: Read, rest, travel. I hear Afghanistan is nice this time of year.

If he gets tenure, he's stuck with him.  

Edited by eirwinrommel

Posted

You have a point there.  Dr. Seibert is definitely tired of Sheldon.  I still hope that Sheldon get the tenure.  I feel like he needs a triumph in his career.  We have seen ups and downs with his...the fake date from the artic, the NPR interveiw going wrong and his revenge being in front of the board of directors, his sexual harrassement....it will be an up hill battle but he could use a boost.

Have we seen any conflict in Leonard's career?

Posted

You're welcome, everyone! I ran out of "likes". Those really should be unlimited. LOL.

Posted

I thought Howard wasn't going for it? 

Yeah--I guess I misread the part where Howard and Raj are talking to Bernie and then with Howard attending the memorial service.

I went back and re-read it and it does seem as if Howard is just along for the ride, to observe and mock. ;)

MJistheBOMB likes this

Posted (edited)

You have a point there.  Dr. Seibert is definitely tired of Sheldon.  I still hope that Sheldon get the tenure.  I feel like he needs a triumph in his career.  We have seen ups and downs with his...the fake date from the artic, the NPR interveiw going wrong and his revenge being in front of the board of directors, his sexual harrassement....it will be an up hill battle but he could use a boost.

Have we seen any conflict in Leonard's career?

Not really, the only thing was the trouble caused by Sheldon throwing the other guys under the bus in the 'egg salad equivalency' (6-12), and that didn't amount to much if Mrs. Davis didn't even remember Leonard. In fact Leonard scored a major donation a couple of years ago 'the benefactor factor' (4-15) when he 'persuaded' Mrs. Latham to make a donation to the Physics Dept.

Seibert: Ah, there he is! The man of the hour! He took one for the team!

Leonard: I didn’t do it for the money!

Seibert: Keep telling yourself that, it makes it easier. Trust me, I know.

So Seibert (if it's his decision) could believe he owes one to Leonard. Not to mention being a 'team player' could be a big help as obtaining donations is a big part of academic politics.

Edited by eirwinrommel

Posted (edited)

Yes, because Sheldon already has such low self-esteem.

Edited by eirwinrommel
Chiara likes this

Posted

Thank you Monique for your unwavering work in reporting.  To my mind, there is more comic grist for the mill in giving either Leonard or Raj the tenure -- or even Amy (through some last minute affirmative action shenanigans) than to give one more reason for Sheldon to think he's smarter than everyone else.  Give Sheldon some battles.  Changing the relationships slightly is good for the show

MJistheBOMB likes this

Posted

Sarcasm? :)

Posted (edited)

Sarcasm? :)

NO... clearly Sheldon's ego is in desperate need of soothing after living under Leonards reign of tyranny for all these years.

Sheldon: What? I’m annoying? You criticize my behaviour all the time.

Sheldon, don’t talk about your bowel movements over breakfast. Sheldon, when the president of the university is giving a eulogy at a funeral,

don’t yawn and point at your watch. Sheldon, don’t throw away my shirts ’cause you think they’re ugly. You’re impossible.

Obviously Sheldon is the injured party in all this and deserves tenure as a small measure of compensation for all he's had to endure.

Edited by eirwinrommel
Zhalen565, tmp and Chiara like this

Posted

LOL.

Posted

Leonard deserves tenure. I would have to shoot Sheldon's smugness and arrogance if he ever got it. 

eirwinrommel likes this

Posted (edited)

Leonard deserves tenure. I would have to shoot Sheldon's smugness and arrogance if he ever got it. 

I like me some smug Sheldon.

"Mua-ha-ha!"  :p

Edited by phantagrae

Posted

Aaaand this kind of argument is why I don't believe the writers will give either of them tenure :p

phantagrae likes this

Posted

Aaaand this kind of argument is why I don't believe the writers will give either of them tenure :p

It would be kind of funny if it ended up going to Raj.  He is, after all, one of the "30 Under 30 to Watch"! :D

rubyanjel likes this

Posted (edited)

NO... clearly Sheldon's ego is in desperate need of soothing after living under Leonards reign of tyranny for all these years.

Sheldon: What? I’m annoying? You criticize my behaviour all the time.

Sheldon, don’t talk about your bowel movements over breakfast. Sheldon, when the president of the university is giving a eulogy at a funeral,

don’t yawn and point at your watch. Sheldon, don’t throw away my shirts ’cause you think they’re ugly. You’re impossible.

Obviously Sheldon is the injured party in all this and deserves tenure as a small of measure compensation for all he's had to endure.

Actually, Leonard did nothing wrong to Sheldon when Sheldon was ranting about that. For me this does not really make a defense for Sheldon's "broken" ego because I find him rude towards Leonard. Come on, throwing out other people's clothes just because you find them ugly? I even have days worth of arguments with my mother whenever she would try to throw away my clothes that SHE find ugly. Those are my clothes. It's not her whose wearing them in public.

If it's his broken ego, I'd say the defense of it being deflated after he himself realized that Kripke's work is better than him. But that's just me.

But I agree. I don't want these boys fighting over a tenure position so badly that they would go against each other's throats. I do like a smug Sheldon as compensation for him not getting a chance at the Nobel Prize yet but for all insults he keeps on throwing against Leonard and his other friends, I want a smug Leonard. Poor boy getting picked on by his mother and now his roommate.

Edited by jeanalice

Posted

Actually, Leonard did nothing wrong to Sheldon when Sheldon was ranting about that. For me this does not really make a defense for Sheldon's "broken" ego because I find him rude towards Leonard. Come on, throwing out other people's clothes just because you find them ugly? I even have days worth of arguments with my mother whenever she would try to throw away my clothes that SHE find ugly. Those are my clothes. It's not her whose wearing them in public.

If it's his broken ego, I'd say the defense of it being deflated after he himself realized that Kripke's work is better than him. But that's just me.

I really think eirwinrommel was being sarcastic  :icon_redface:

eirwinrommel likes this

Posted

Are you Sheldon??

Posted

I really think eirwinrommel was being sarcastic  :icon_redface:

Oh god spare me from my idiocy. I've been up until 4 am for the past week. Forgive me. *facepalm*

Are you Sheldon??

What do you mean? 

Chiara likes this

Posted

Oh god spare me from my idiocy. I've been up until 4 am for the past week. Forgive me. *facepalm*

What do you mean? 

I think vasu was also talking about the sarcasm issue. :)

Posted

Nothing to forgive, it was very sweet of you to leap at Leonard's defense. And be proud to know that, when sleep-deprived, you are as sensitive to sarcasm as Sheldon (hence Vasu's post). It is a great power, my friend ;)

Posted (edited)

Was I too subtle?

Edited by eirwinrommel
Chiara likes this

Posted

Lol. Forgive me. I really did not take notice of the usernames who were posting out of sleep deprivation so I thought it was another one of those people who defend Sheldon from all his shit was doing so. I think not being able to know detect sarcasm in this state is a great superpower.

Was I too subtle? LOLROTF

Subtle but powerful.

Eirwinrommel,

tumblr_mjaxhx01V41qh66yqo1_250.gif

Chiara and eirwinrommel like this

Posted

Lol. Forgive me. I really did not take notice of the usernames who were posting out of sleep deprivation so I thought it was another one of those people who defend Sheldon from all his shit was doing so. I think not being able to know detect sarcasm in this state is a great superpower.

Subtle but powerful.

Eirwinrommel,

tumblr_mjaxhx01V41qh66yqo1_250.gif

Hope you can get some sleep soon.