Popular Pages on the Main Site:   Next Episode | Official Merchandise | Sheldon Quotes | Latest News | Episode Guide

Welcome to The Big Bang Theory Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Big Bang Theory Taping Reports From 3Rd Season To Current!

• Please log in to reply
697 replies to this topic

rachelshamyfan

rachelshamyfan

Sheldon kissed Amy and he liked it :)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,762 posts

Here

http://forum.the-big...oilers/page-169

The last line Jim said was changed to sucker

Edited by rachygd, 21 March 2013 - 08:14 AM.

CaitAmber

CaitAmber

Regal Whore Biscuit

• Chat Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Taping report tonight! (insert cheering smiley face here) 

• JoeSal90 likes this

phantagrae

phantagrae

Hooligan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,488 posts

Ta-ra-ra Boom-de-ay

Today is Taping Day! :D

• CaitAmber likes this

MJistheBOMB

MJistheBOMB

♥♡Shamyland Resident♡♥

• Valued Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts

POPULAR

This taping report was written to the best of my memory (with help from my notes), which means not everything that happened will be added in and not everything here will be as it will air on TV. Enjoy…

The Proton Resurgence

Story By: Chuck Lorre, Jim Reynolds & Steve Holland

Teleplay By: Steven Molaro, Eric Kaplan & Maria Ferrari

Scene 1

Sheldon & Leonard’s apartment.

Leonard, Penny & Sheldon are inside.

Leonard: the interface is pretty simple….

Penny is seated at Leonard’s computer and he’s showing her what to do in order to operate some robotic launching gizmo sitting next to the computer.

Sheldon is seated at his computer.

Sheldon: you’ll never guess who I found online! Professor Proton! *gets pegged in the head by a miniature missile or rocket* Hey!

*Penny laughs since she is the guilty party*

Leonard: he’s still alive?

Sheldon explains that Professor Proton is available for parties & events. He suggests that if he booked him that he could have the Professor Proton take 12 pictures with him so he can make a calendar. Sheldon and Leonard both sing the Professor Proton theme song.

Penny launched another miniature missile at Leonard and laughs.

Scene 2

Cafeteria.

Raj: I just found out in the telescope lab all weekend. Any chance you and Bernadette can take care of my dog?

Howard: Why can’t you just put her in a kennel?
Raj: *offended* Why can’t you put your mother in a home?!?
Howard: to be honest, she’d do better in a kennel. Bernie loves dogs, I’m sure it’s fine.

Sheldon enters.

Sheldon *to Leonard*: it’s happening! (he booked Professor Proton to come to their apartment)
Leonard: you’re kidding!
Howard: the host of that lame kids show?
Sheldon: you just got yourself Uninvited.
Sheldon *to Leonard*: I told you I’d find a tactful way to do that.
Howard: how’d you get him to come to your house?
Sheldon quotes Professor Protron: “There’s no problem you can’t solve if you use your noggin’”
Leonard: Yeah and he wrote him a big check.

Scene 3

Howard & Bernadette’s apartment.

There’s a knock on the door. Howard opens it.

Raj: Uncle Howarrddddd! Cinnamon is ready for her sleepover party! *he says as he’s rolling in a small pink stroller with the dog inside*

Howard: *looks at him like he’s nuts* CUTE stroller. You know if you had a stroke, she’d eat you, right?
Raj: and it would be my pleasure to be her precious num-num.

Raj goes on to tell Howard how to properly take care of her while he’s away. He pulls out these over-the-top doggie meals that are meant for humans. LOL.

Howards: bends down to put the dog and look her in the eyes: *baby voice* I feel for you….I have a psychotic mommy too.

Scene 4

Leonards bedroom.

He is asleep…..or trying to when he hears:

Sheldon *from his own bedroom*: Leonard?
Leonard: what?
Sheldon: are you in bed?
Leonard: yes.
Sheldon: me too.
Leonard: great.
Sheldon: I can’t sleep.
Leonard: I can, so shut up.
Sheldon: do you realize that in less than 9 hours, Arthur Jefferies, a,k,a, Professor Proton will be in our home?
Leonard: Sheldon, you know if you stay up all night you’ll be sleepy tomorrow and a sleepy Sheldon is a cranky Sheldon and a cranky Sheldon *pauses* ….is no different than regular Sheldon.

Sheldon at one point asks if he should wear a tuxedo when the professor arrives and asked Leonard if he has any cufflinks. Leonard tells Sheldon he doesn’t have any so Sheldon decides they can keep it casual instead. It’s quiet for a few seconds and then we hear Sheldon practicing how he’s going to introduce himself to Professor Netron:

Sheldon: Nice to meet you! Nice to MEET you! Nice to meet you! NICE to meet you!
Leonard gets up annoyed out of bed, walks into Sheldon’s bedroom and you hear a *smack!*
Sheldon: Owww!!!
Leonard goes back into his own room, gets into bed with a smile on his face like he felt he just solved the Sheldon problem that was keeping him awake.
Sheldon: Leonard??? I still can’t sleep.

(They shot another version or two of this scene so they may or may not use Leonard slapping Sheldon. LOL)

Scene 5

Howard & Bernadette’s apartment.

Howard & Bernie arrive home from a day at the park with Cinnamon. Howard walks through the door pushing her little pink stroller.

Bernadette: she really tuckered herself out.
Howard: it was kind of fun throwing a ball and not have anyone laugh at me.
Bernadette: you two were so cute playing together.
Bernadette makes a comment at some point about how sweet it was of Howard to not throw the ball too far so that he little legs didn’t have to work so hard.
Howard: yeah…that’s why I did it.

Bernadette then mentions how the whole experience with “the three of us” kind of felt like a family and that maybe they should consider eventually starting their own.

Howard: of course we can *gives her a kiss*…and if (the baby) is as calm *walks over to Cinnamon’s stroller* and quiet-OH NO!!!

Bernadette: where is she????
Howard: I don’t know, she didn’t leave a note!

The beginning bickering as they leave the apartment to go and search for Raj’s dog.

Scene 6

Leonard & Sheldon’s apartment.

Sheldon is pacing in front of the door, wondering when Professor Proton would arrive.

Sheldon: I’m getting worried!
Penny: Relax, Sheldon..he’s only a few minutes late.
Sheldon: he was never late when he was on TV. At 4:00, he was always there…unless there was a tornado ripping across east Texas, in which case I’d join him in progress.

Sheldon’s phone rings. It’s Professor Proton. He talks to him and hangs up.

Sheldon: Poor old guy’s been walking up the stairs for a half an hour (Professor Proton is waiting at the 3 floor.)

Scene 7

Sheldon comes down to level three (with Leonard & Penny) and finds Professor Proton exhausted and sitting on his suitcase.

Sheldon *all smiles*: it’s really you.
Leonard: Mr. Jefferies, I am so sorry, we should have told you about the broken elevator.
Professor Proton *out of breath*: I agree.
Sheldon: Professor Proton, it is an honor to meet you.
Professor Proton: just call me Arthur.
Sheldon: Leonard, did you hear that?? He said I can call him Arthur. That means we’re friends.
Arthur : Actually, a friend would have told me about the elevator.
Sheldon *all smiles and walking up close to Arthur, creeping him out*: Look at me! I can finally get as close to you as I want to without my mom saying I’m ruining my eyes.
Arthur *to Leonard*: is he dangerous?
Leonard: Actually, he’s a genius.
Arthur: that doesn’t answer my queston.

Leonard tries to distract from the situation by introducing Penny to Arthur. Arthur gets up quickly from his suitcase and says, “hello to her.”

Arthur: I’m sure the kids are waiting…should we get started?
Sheldon: there are no kids, just me.

As they all begin to walk up the 4th floor, Arthur asks Leonard: so is the blonde really your girlfriend?
Leonard: yes.
Arthur: YOU’RE the genius.

Scene 8

Sheldon & Leonards Apartment.

Penny is sitting on the left side of the couch. Arthur sitting in the middle taking a sip of his and Sheldon in his spot, staring at him closely and smiling.

Penny: so do you do a lot of appearances like this?
Arthur: it’s hard to say. I’m trying to figure out what this is. *totally creeped out by Shelly. LOL*
Leonard: we just wanted to hang out with you. Learn a little bit about your life.

Arthur explains that there wasn’t much to it. After his show was cancelled, no one in science took him seriously so he was forced to do these parties to make a living.

Leonard: still, working with kids must be rewarding.
Arthur: they bite a lot.

Sheldon then brings out a puppet called, “Geno The Newtrino” that he bought off Ebay for 20 bucks. Geno The Newtrino was on the show with Professor Proton. Sheldon does a funny voice with the puppet on his hand and tries to cheer Arthur up.

Arthur: let me get this straight. The two of you are physicists and you want me to do a children’s show? (He also mentioned that he also has a PHD and went to Cornell University at some point)
Sheldon: Yes…and possibly take 12 pictures in seasonal costumes.
Arthur *to Penny*: I’m awake, right? This is really happening?
*Penny nods*

Scene 9

Howard & Bernie are in the car. Bernie is driving.

Howard *yelling out the passenger side window*: Cinnamon!!!
Bernie *yelling out the drivers side widnow*: Cinnamon!!!
Howard: boy, is Raj gonna hate you when he finds out this happened.

Bernie asks why her and Howard argues that she’s a microbiologist and it’s in her job description to find small

Bernie: is being a jackass part of your job description??
Bernie comes up with the idea that maybe they should call the dog using Raj’s Indian accent. LOL! So, Howard likes the idea and yells something out the window how Raj would say it. Next, Bernie does the same. Howard compliments Bernie on how good she sounds.

Howard: hey, save that (the accent), it sounds sexy.
Bernie*weirded out*: you think I’m sexy when I sound like Raj???
Howard *pauses to think about what he’s said and quickly turns his head to call the dog without an Indian accent*: Cinnamon!!!!!

Scene 10

Leonard & Sheldon’s apartment. Leonard, Sheldon & Penny sit and watch as Professor Proton (wearing his white lab coat) conducts an experiment right in front of them. The one wear you can put a flame in a bottle and watch an egg get sucked in.

Arthur*looks at them*: what do you thinks going to happen?

Penny is trying to answer before Sheldons bursts out excitedly: the egg will get sucked in!
Sheldon *turns to Penny*: the egg will get sucked in.

Sheldon then asks Arthur to do his potato clock bit. Suddenly, Arthur is uninspired and feeling down and says he doesn’t want to be Professor Proton any more.

Sheldon: how can you say that? You’re the best!
Arthur: what has it ever gotten me? I carry potatoes in my suitcase…

He also mentioned that the puppeteer who has his hand up Geno The Newtrino had his other hand up his wife’s skirt.

Penny tells Arthur she is sorry for his troubles.

Sheldon *gets up and heads to his room*: I need to show you something.

He comes back out holding an old signed photograph of Professor Proton.

Sheldon *to Arthur*: I wrote a fan to you when I was a child in Texas and you sent me this. do you remember?

Arthur: let’s see if THIS can answer that question for you: I’m wearing a wristband with my own address on it (he’s 83 years old).
Sheldon: believe it or not, I didn’t have many friends as a child but I did have you. If it weren’t for you, who knows where I would have wound up. A hobo? a surgon?

Professor Proton inspired Sheldon to get into science.

Leonard: it’s important you know how much you mean to us.

Suddenly, Arthur puts has hand up to this chests and says he thinks he’s having trouble with his pacemaker. He sits down on the couch and Leonard calls 911.

Scene 11

Playback scene. Raj is in the telescope lab when he receives a phone call from someone who found his dog.

Raj: what do you mean you have my dog? she’s with my friends...

He asks if Cinnamon is okay, ends the call and then leaves to go get her.

Scene 12

Sheldon & Leonards apartment.

Arthur is on a stretcher.

Paramedic *to Arthur*: your vitals are stable but let’s take you in for some tests to be safe.

Penny: we’ll gather your things and meet you at the hospital.
Leonard: you want one of us to ride with you in the ambulance?
Sheldon: I WILL!!!
Arthur *to the paramedic*: can’t only relatives go?
Paramedic: No, anyone can go.
Arthur: I can’t catch a break tonight.
Sheldon: I’ve met my childhood hero and now I get to ride in an ambulance. This is the best day ever!
Arthur: At this point, I’m glad someone is carrying me down the stairs.

Scene 13

Howard & Bernadettes apartment.

The enter the apartment, still upset that they lost the dog. Howard made flyers. They receive of Skype call from Raj. Howard panics and answers it planning on giving him a lie. He tells Raj that Bernie just took Cinnamon out for a walk.

Raj then reveals that he has the dog with him. Bernie comes and sits down next to Raj. Raj starts fussing at them both.

Raj: I trusted you and you let me down!

He then mentions that he’s had Cinnamon for hours. Bernie then takes this as her que to turn it around on Raj.

Bernie: What?? We’ve been worried sick and you’ve had her for hours? We thought she was dead! (she says something along those lines)

Raj *could barely get a word in*: But…
Bernie: maybe you need to take some time and think about what you’ve done! *closes laptop shut*
Howard: wow, maybe you do make a good mother.

Scene 14 (Tag):

Arthur’s hospital room. Sheldon sits by his side.

Sheldon *singing sweetly*: Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur….Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr, purr, purr…

Arthur: thank you Sheldon, that was very nice.
Sheldon: would you like me to sing it again?
Arthur: NO! The 4th time was a charm.

Sheldon then brings out the Geno The Newtrino puppet and does his silly voice and sings the Professor Proton theme song.

THE END.

Edited by MJistheBOMB, 28 March 2013 - 07:58 PM.

• Tripper, Pomita, Convict13 and 21 others like this

Convict13

Convict13

Where are we? Damfino!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

MMm interesting, but I thought Bernadette didn't want children, please no children!

Actually this reads very funny so far.

• MJistheBOMB likes this

hamerman55

hamerman55

Chemometrician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts
Looks like a pretty solid episode with no dramas. I guess nothing with Amy?

bbtfan07

bbtfan07

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Also Bernie said in her first appearance that she didn't like puppies because one tried to bite her face yet she likes this dog. She may change her mind about kids. Melissa mentions that that plot line was coming.

• JoeSal90 likes this

tmp

tmp

I loathe cliffhangers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Looks like a pretty solid episode with no dramas. I guess nothing with Amy?

Monique told us last night that Mayim wasn't there.  She doesn't appear in this episode.

quadruplenegative

quadruplenegative

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts
Thanks for the report!
  • MJistheBOMB likes this

BazingaFan

BazingaFan

Senior Executive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Monique...thank you.  Looking forward to seeing the rest later today.  Looks like a good episode.

Too bad there's no shamy; but I have a feeling we will get some good shamy later on, so I'm not discouraged!

ps.  It could be that Mayim asked off this week... isn't it Passover week, or was that last week? 

Edited by BazingaFan, 27 March 2013 - 07:44 AM.

• MJistheBOMB likes this

phantagrae

phantagrae

Hooligan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,488 posts

Monique...thank you.  Looking forward to seeing the rest later today.  Looks like a good episode.

Too bad there's no shamy; but I have a feeling we will get some good shamy later on, so I'm not discouraged!

ps.  It could be that Mayim asked off this week... isn't it Passover week, or was that last week? 

Yes, Passover is this week.

AdorkablyMe

AdorkablyMe

One of a Kind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
Monique, I just have one question for ya girl: Why the heck are you so flippin' awesome?
  • Pomita, BazingaFan, MJistheBOMB and 4 others like this

Puppy Chow

Puppy Chow

CBS Drone Agent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Thanks for the report, Monique! I like what I've read so far. :)

I am not sure that Passover has anything to do with Mayim's absence. Last year, it started on April 7. I think it lasts 8 days. She still was present at the next taping which was 5x23.

M & M's contracts most likely specify a minimum amount of episodes in which they appear and the producers have the option to use them in all or not depending on the story line.

• MJistheBOMB likes this

phantagrae

phantagrae

Hooligan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,488 posts

Poor Monique!  She popped into the chatroom last night just after she got back and said she was going to work on the report--but I didn't know she meant she was going to stay up until 3am!

Hope you're getting some rest, girlie girl!

Thanks for what you've done! :)

This is cracking me up so far--and I can just picture Bob Newhart and hear his voice doing those lines.  :D

Edited by phantagrae, 27 March 2013 - 10:01 AM.

• MJistheBOMB likes this

phantagrae

phantagrae

Hooligan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,488 posts

Thanks for the report, Monique! I like what I've read so far. :)

I am not sure that Passover has anything to do with Mayim's absence. Last year, it started on April 7. I think it lasts 8 days. She still was present at the next taping which was 5x23.

M & M's contracts most likely specify a minimum amount of episodes in which they appear and the producers have the option to use them in all or not depending on the story line.

We were wondering if it was just a timing thing--when they could get Bob Newhart, etc.--and maybe it just happened to line up with Passover.  Dunno.

stardustmelody

stardustmelody

Philosopher and Astronomer of the Court

• Valued Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,013 posts

Thank you, Monique.   The Howardette scenes actually, I found to be the funniest.  I am looking forward to those.   The L/P/S stuff was rather "meh" and got better once Newhart was on, but I guess I had hoped he would have more to do on the show than they gave him.   I definitely feel an Amy loss.  She could have added some interesting dialog relative to the Professor to the scenes.

• MJistheBOMB likes this

JoeSal90

JoeSal90

Senior Executive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,498 posts

Thank you so much, Monique. I am also looking forward to the H/B scenes in this episode.

• MJistheBOMB likes this

phantagrae

phantagrae

Hooligan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,488 posts

Thank you, Monique.   The Howardette scenes actually, I found to be the funniest.  I am looking forward to those.   The L/P/S stuff was rather "meh" and got better once Newhart was on, but I guess I had hoped he would have more to do on the show than they gave him.   I definitely feel an Amy loss.  She could have added some interesting dialog relative to the Professor to the scenes.

I don't see how...

It's apparently about how Sheldon and Leonard felt about Professor Proton and the reality of it now.  What would that have to do with Amy?

• rubyanjel likes this

Lionne

Lionne

Senior Partner: Midol & Seagull ESQ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Oh my god. I'm suddenly half crying, "Noooooo....Professor Proton!"

What a cliffhanger. *sniffles* Can't wait for Monique to update more.

• JoeSal90 and MJistheBOMB like this

MJistheBOMB

MJistheBOMB

♥♡Shamyland Resident♡♥

• Valued Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts

Monique, I just have one question for ya girl: Why the heck are you so flippin' awesome?

Probably because your awesomeness rubs off on me. LOL.

• AdorkablyMe and Lionne like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users