Popular Pages on the Main Site:   Next Episode | Official Merchandise | Sheldon Quotes | Latest News | Episode Guide

Welcome to The Big Bang Theory Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Big Bang Theory Taping Reports From 3Rd Season To Current!

• Please log in to reply
697 replies to this topic

phantagrae

phantagrae

Hooligan CBS Drone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Actually, he was pretty damn adorable and so sweet!

Monique, did they say or do anything for Jim's birthday?
Thank you so much for the report! :)

MJistheBOMB

MJistheBOMB

♥♡Shamyland Resident♡♥

• Valued Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,146 posts
Nope. No mention of his birthday.

MarcRitter

MarcRitter

• Newbies
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts

Hello,

first I´m new here. So once more: "Hello everyone!"

I´ve been to this Tuesday´s taping as a guaranteed. And if it was not enough I was reseated from one of the back rows (on the aisle left - so appaerently not that far from Monique) to the front row on the right next to the VIP´s (there was one single spot left they wanted to fill). I had an amazing view. Interestingly some VIP´s got cake and special wrist bands and were told to come backstage after the taping so I was wondering why. Now it makes sense after I read it was JP´s birthday. Seems they celebrated after the show. That might also be the reason why they didn´t give out any autographs at all this time. We were told to leave right away.

The report Monique - thank you btw - did is absolutely exact and this has to be one of the funniest episodes ever imo. Espacially because Bob Newhart was amazing.
His "I´m 85" joke between the takes (there was also something similar in the scenes) was extremly funny and the audiences´ reception (minute long standing ovation) was really heartwarming. I honestly didn´t know him so I was very surprised. But he seems to be a really nice guy. Even the cast bowed before him and yes: Chuck gave him the little thing of the chair with Bob´s name on it.

Another thing I noticed: Kaley and Johnny were briefly dancing between the takes and after that they had a very (and I mean veeeeerrrryyy - not just a friendly) intimate hug. Did you notice that too, Monique? A lot of room for speculation... ;-)

Also Johnny having fun with the microphone was hilarious (he fought against it like with a boxing bag) and how he had fun with the mic guy above the stage. I like little things like that because that shows what kind of people they seem to be.

And I especially liked the "I´m not dreaming. This is real!" part. The cinnamon bits were good and I also liked the reenactment of Bernadette´s & Howard´s car scene (I´ve never seen a reenactment at a taping before).

Like I said: This has to be one of the best episodes ever imo mainly because of Bob Newhart and I´m looking forward to see that on tv.

• Pomita, Convict13, phantagrae and 3 others like this

phantagrae

phantagrae

Hooligan CBS Drone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Hello,

I´ve been to this Tuesday´s taping as a guaranteed. And if it was not enough I was reseated from one of the back rows (on the aisle left - so appaerently not that far from Monique) to the front row on the right next to the VIP´s (there was one single spot left they wanted to fill). I had an amazing view. Interestingly some VIP´s got cake and special wrist bands and were told to come backstage after the taping so I was wondering why. Now it makes sense after I read it was JP´s birthday. Seems they celebrated after the show. That might also be the reason why they didn´t give out any autographs at all this time. We were told to leave right away.

The report Monique - thank you btw - did is absolutely exact and this has to be one of the funniest episodes ever imo. Espacially because Bob Newhart was amazing.
His "I´m 85" joke between the takes (there was also something similar in the scenes) was extremly funny and the audiences´ reception (minute long standing ovation) was really heartwarming. I honestly didn´t know him so I was very surprised. But he seems to be a really nice guy. Even the cast bowed before him and yes: Chuck gave him the little thing of the chair with Bob´s name on it.

Another thing I noticed: Kaley and Johnny were briefly dancing between the takes and after that they had a very (and I mean veeeeerrrryyy - not just a friendly) intimate hug. Did you notice that too, Monique? A lot of room for speculation... ;-)

Also Johnny having fun with the microphone was hilarious (he fought against it like with a boxing bag) and how he had fun with the mic guy above the stage. I like little things like that because that shows what kind of people they seem to be.

And I especially liked the "I´m not dreaming. This is real!" part. The cinnamon bits were good and I also liked the reenactment of Bernadette´s & Howard´s car scene (I´ve never seen a reenactment at a taping before).

Like I said: This has to be one of the best episodes ever imo mainly because of Bob Newhart and I´m looking forward to see that on tv.

Thanks for sharing, Marc! :)

Convict13

Convict13

Where are we? Damfino!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

I am looking forward to this episode, the premise of Sheldon, Leonard and Prof.Proton sounds good (I've no idea who Bob Newhart is sorry, but he seems very well loved by you all, so he must be awesome). and the dog storyline sounds fun too.  Thanks again guys for the tape reports and the behind the scenes bits. 

hamerman55

hamerman55

Chemometrician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Definitely thanks for the taping report. It is clearly a lot of work to get something like this written up, particularly knowing we'll analyze it to death!

Regarding the looong hug, I always got the impression that Kaley and Johnny broke up because it was just too weird to date and remain professional. The show was also not nearly as successful, so I'm sure they put themselves under a lot of pressure to make the show work. Now that it seems their work relationship is as solid as can be (no one on the forum except unapologetic Shenny shippers thinks the show could survive another Leonard and Penny breakup) maybe they might give it another go. I believe Kaley just got out of an engagement. Last I heard, Johnny was dating an actress that resembled Kaley quite a bit (except for having an exceptional bust).

tmp

tmp

Courtly Merchant of Regal Teas

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

I am looking forward to this episode, the premise of Sheldon, Leonard and Prof.Proton sounds good (I've no idea who Bob Newhart is sorry, but he seems very well loved by you all, so he must be awesome). and the dog storyline sounds fun too.  Thanks again guys for the tape reports and the behind the scenes bits. 

This is 7 minutes but worth it IMO.  This is from his show from the 1980s.  My husband and I were in stitches watching it just now.

Tensor

Tensor

pseudo-moderator

• Valued Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,574 posts
Kaley announced ending her engagement (to Josh Resnik)in March of 2011. She's been dating Bret Bollinger( lead singer and bassist for Pepper) since about May-June of last year. She recently spoke of her boyfriend (without mentioning names)on, I believe it was on "TheTalk".

Johnny and Kelli Garner went public with their dating, in an interesting coincidence, about the time Kaley broke off her engagement. There are pictures of their arrival at this year's Emmy awards.

MJistheBOMB

MJistheBOMB

♥♡Shamyland Resident♡♥

• Valued Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,146 posts

Hello,

Hello and welcome. Yes, I saw that part where Kaley and Johnny danced a little bit. I don't remember the hug only because I probably couldn't see it from where I was. I barely had a good view of them dancing as it was. The whole audience had a good laugh when Johnny was jumping up and down like a boxer about to fight and pretending the mic over his head was a punching bag. LOL. I love those moments so much. I believe there were a few s-bombs dropped that evening. LOL. Was the first by Jim? I can't remember, then later was Johnny and he said, "sorry for my language." Haha.

Pomita

Pomita

Senior Executive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,076 posts

Thanks for the link, tmp, that was hilarious. :D

And Marc, thanks for the taping tidbits, and welcome here!

SRAM

SRAM

Senior Executive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Hello,

Kaley and Johnny getting back together is the dream of every Lenny Shipper.

• hamerman55 likes this

Fruit Loop

Fruit Loop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Kaley and Johnny getting back together is the dream of every Lenny Shipper.

Yes I would love to see Johnny and Kaley together. BUT Isn't Johnny dating Kelli Garner??

Edited by Fruit Loop, 31 March 2013 - 08:32 PM.

SRAM

SRAM

Senior Executive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Yes I would love to see Johnny and Kaley together. BUT Isn't Johnny dating Kelli Garner??

Normally I would agree, but Johnny has dated a lot of beautiful women and Kaley was even engaged once. It is almost scary how their love live almost mirror Leonard and Penny's.
  • rubyanjel likes this

Convict13

Convict13

Where are we? Damfino!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Interview with Bob Newhart about his guest appearance and possible(don't think it's an April Fools) further appearances( I hate interviews and media releases that come out on April Fools Day)

http://blog.zap2it.c...with-fools.html

Edited by Convict13, 01 April 2013 - 09:30 PM.

eirwinrommel

eirwinrommel

Executive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 989 posts

I'm glad there will be more appearances by Bob on the show. I wonder how they'll work him in. Probably won't have him coming up to the apt., maybe visiting their labs at Cal-Tech. 

tmp

tmp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

I'm glad there will be more appearances by Bob on the show. I wonder how they'll work him in. Probably won't have him coming up to the apt., maybe visiting their labs at Cal-Tech. 

Unless I'm mistaken, he didn't meet Raj, Howard, Bernadette, or Amy in his first episode.  I'd like them to have scenes with him in future eps. 

shamyfan14

shamyfan14

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts
When is the next taping report?

tmp

tmp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

When is the next taping report?

The next taping is Apr 9 so probably the next day.

SRAM

SRAM

Senior Executive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

There is a taping tonight, right?  I surprised there is so little on the forums about it.

Nogravitasatall

Nogravitasatall

... And no clue

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts
thats because the thing that is revealed is what everyone is worried about.

So it's stunned mullets all round.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users