Popular Pages on the Main Site:   Next Episode | Official Merchandise | Sheldon Quotes | Latest News | Episode Guide

Welcome to The Big Bang Theory Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Penny

Character characters penny

• Please log in to reply
296 replies to this topic

#21 Chrismo

Chrismo

Senior Executive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:39 PM

I have a question maybe a more experienced fan can answer. Early in the show we see a little jealousy in Penny with Leslie Winkle, But there is no Jealousy with Dr. Stephanie. Then after the break up we see it with Dr. Plimpton and Priya, but not the Donor. Why is that? Just curious.

I'm not sure if there is a definite answer to this. I'm assuming the leslie Winkle was season 2 (not 1). Part of that I think that was the episode after their real first date and Leslie was educated and she was not. Dr. Stephanie was a little later and I think Penny sort of moved on from Leonard at that point. I think Dr. Plimpton was like the second episode after they broke up in season 3. He was supposedly so devastated about breaking up with Penny but seem to move on quickly. It didn't help that she was beautiful too. Actually she started out okay with Leonard and Priya but Amy pointed out that she was beautiful and came from the country that was known for the karma sutra.That's when Penny started crying. The Donor Penny knew all about what was going on with trying to get money for the university. Not only that the woman was like 70 years old and how can you get jealous over that. 

• Gypeglogy likes this

#22 SD.

SD.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:51 PM

i dont like everything about her but today i watched this episode from season 2 where she kinda wants to protect the guys from this new girl that moved in

and that was kinda sweet

i liked that

#23 BangerMain

BangerMain

Senior Executive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:32 PM

I have a question maybe a more experienced fan can answer. Early in the show we see a little jealousy in Penny with Leslie Winkle, But there is no Jealousy with Dr. Stephanie. Then after the break up we see it with Dr. Plimpton and Priya, but not the Donor. Why is that? Just curious.

Penny was not jealous of Dr. Stephanie because Leonard came to her with his questions about the relationship. Penny explained to Leonard that Stephanie had moved in to Leonard's apartment against his intention. Penny also measures Leonard's other female interest by their looks relative to her. She always makes a descriptive comment about their attractiveness and she made none about the good doctor. 

Penny had no fear of Dr. Stephanie since she was not going to be around for long.

Edited by BangerMain, 09 February 2013 - 08:52 PM.

#24 rachelshamyfan

rachelshamyfan

Because Jim and Mayim have a platonic crush on each other

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,475 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:05 AM

Probably because she's dated him and still had feelings for him, plimpton was very shortly after they split up so it may of been very raw for her

#25 gwhh

gwhh

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:23 PM

Is it just me or does Penny drink a LOT of booze on this show? 

#26 The God Particle

The God Particle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:44 PM

Amy mentioned that Penny taught her to drink when she is unhappy and I've noticed Penny has been drinking quite a bit lately. Does it have something to do with her emotional progression? Perhaps.

#27 Tensor

Tensor

Ratings Guru

• Global Moderator
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:34 PM

Yo back together with Leonard.

If you want to see Penny drinking heavily, go back to season four and early season five. Her consumption of alcohol has dropped dramatically since she got back together with Leonard.
  • wannamaker likes this

#28 Nogravitasatall

Nogravitasatall

Not just stupid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:23 PM

Amy mentioned that Penny taught her to drink when she is unhappy and I've noticed Penny has been drinking quite a bit lately. Does it have something to do with her emotional progression? Perhaps.

If you want to see Penny drinking heavily, go back to season four and early season five. Her consumption of alcohol has dropped dramatically since she got back together with Leonard.

I was pleased that she and Bernadette were drinking coffee just before Amy slammed her in the face with her coffee can of change in a bag.

The drinking depicted seems realistic. We don't see her drink every day  - because we don't see every one of her days.  It is probably not excessive now. 

However because the show is in syndication we do see them drink almost every one of our days.

IRL It gets to be a trap, particularly when you start drinking wine when making dinner. IME. :icon_wink: .

#29 BangerMain

BangerMain

Senior Executive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:35 PM

Since Penny got back together with Leonard her drinking has dropped to occasional and casual. During season four and early season five they showed her passing out drunk like a hard core alcoholic.

Those were the bad old days.

#30 Nogravitasatall

Nogravitasatall

Not just stupid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:23 PM

Would Penny take Leonard's last name (if she weds -  she certainly is not rushing to that civil celebrant)? Or would she maintain her independence and remain Ms X. I was jokingly labeling the couple as the Hofstatders on another thread but I think now that might have been presumptuous.

#31 Tensor

Tensor

Ratings Guru

• Global Moderator
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:19 AM

Would Penny take Leonard's last name (if she weds -  she certainly is not rushing to that civil celebrant)? Or would she maintain her independence and remain Ms X. I was jokingly labeling the couple as the Hofstatders on another thread but I think now that might have been presumptuous.

I don't think it's too presumptuous. While she does have an independent streak, she hasn't mentioned anything about keeping or hyphenating her name when she gets married.  Of course, we have to wait for her to propose first, before we get to the name thing.   :icon_wink:

#32 SRAM

SRAM

Wandering Gypsy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,929 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:38 AM

I think if they get married at the end of the show's run she will definitely take his name. But if they get married earlier, the writers may play with it. I would like to see the show run a couple seasons with them married and the last year them all being married. I think the last episode should be Penny having her and Leonard's smart beautiful baby girl.
  • mjc45, BangerMain, Tensor and 1 other like this

#33 Tensor

Tensor

Ratings Guru

• Global Moderator
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:54 AM

I would like to see the show run a couple seasons with them married and the last year them all being married. I think the last episode should be Penny having her and Leonard's smart beautiful baby girl.

I like the way you think. :)

#34 Chrismo

Chrismo

Senior Executive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:31 AM

I think if they get married at the end of the show's run she will definitely take his name. But if they get married earlier, the writers may play with it. I would like to see the show run a couple seasons with them married and the last year them all being married. I think the last episode should be Penny having her and Leonard's smart beautiful baby girl.

And Sheldon say real (instead of imaginary)

#35 Kaizen

Kaizen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:16 PM

I think there will be some Mr. And Mrs. Leonard Hofstatder lines, but Penny will still be no last name Penny. Also think the last show will tie back to the "our babies will be smart and beautiful" line from the first show. Pehaps L&P pushing a stroller with a couple of babies into the sunset.

#36 Anomaly

Anomaly

Senior Executive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:10 PM

My guess is when they do get married is when we'll learn Penny's last name. Do you Penny (X), take Leonard Hofstadter to be your... Wouldn't it be nice if that were the same day that Bernadette gets offed?!

#37 Kaizen

Kaizen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:46 PM

LOL! As is, it wouldn't surprise me see B gone prior.

#38 tmp

tmp

Aspiring to be Bernadette

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,017 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:53 PM

Maybe Penny's last name isn't unrevealed like we think; maybe she just doesn't have a last name.  She's just Penny, like Cher or Madonna or Adele.  Then it would be cool if L/P got married and he took her non-last name and became just Leonard.  OK, I've officially gone silly from lack of sleep.  Time for me to step away from the keyboard.  :icon_rolleyes:

#39 BangerMain

BangerMain

Senior Executive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:11 PM

That would be perfect!

• Nogravitasatall likes this

#40 Nogravitasatall

Nogravitasatall

Not just stupid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:26 PM

My guess is when they do get married is when we'll learn Penny's last name. Do you Penny (X), take Leonard Hofstadter to be your... Wouldn't it be nice if that were the same day that Bernadette gets offed?!

Harsh but LMAO

by escaped test monkees from a nearby lab (Mike or Peter?)  or dissolved by a mutant lab organism.

Though that would cruel the day for Penny, so maybe not.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Character, characters, penny

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users