Popular Pages on the Main Site:   Next Episode | Official Merchandise | Sheldon Quotes | Latest News | Episode Guide

Welcome to The Big Bang Theory Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Jim Parsons

Actor jim parsons sheldon

• Please log in to reply
13158 replies to this topic

phantagrae

phantagrae

Hooligan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,067 posts

Whether or not that's Jim, I think his segment would have already been filmed because these episodes are pretty involved because of all the research that Ancestry.com does for them.  People go overseas, go to different citys to look at old registries, etc.

Production on the 8 episodes began in May, so he might have already filmed his episode, like maybe between the end of BBT and his trip to Paris.

If he hasn't filmed it yet, it seems like it would be a tight squeeze to fit it in before BBT starts in August.  He's still filming in NYC and then he has the ZB movie in LA in the next several weeks.  Maybe his time on that film won't take long, but it could be unpredictable.  I would think that the WDYTYA segment would have to have been done when he had time to go to whatever archives or locations might be involved, since they always like to do that--send the celebrity to their great-grandfather's homeland or whatever.

There are 8 episodes and they don't start airing until July 23rd, which means if he hasn't filmed his segment yet, he'd have to do it really soon and I don't know that he'd have the time.

It seems like I remember reading something some fan or whoever had done and posted online in regard to Jim's family history (or his supposed family history) but I don't remember what it was about.

Do we know anything about stuff like where his parents grew up or if they were always in Texas or whatever?

< else />

• silverangel likes this

silverangel

silverangel

Senior Executive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,252 posts

Oh I also  would like to know , I know that his mother is or where a teacher, he has a sister Juile, but you all probably know that... it is so interesting. Where it would be avaliable to watch...for me probably on internet... I hope. The same with  that Zach Braff movie where we will be able to see it? 

Shel_Ra_Ho_Le

Shel_Ra_Ho_Le

SHAMY 4EVER!

• Valued Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

I thought everyone thought all those gifs were annoying and not allowed?  as I've had been told many times to stop posting them.  anyways you guys sometimes go overboard with them.  *shrugs*

stardustmelody

stardustmelody

Philosopher and Astronomer of the Court

• Valued Contributor
  • 5,453 posts

Whether or not that's Jim, I think his segment would have already been filmed because these episodes are pretty involved because of all the research that Ancestry.com does for them.  People go overseas, go to different citys to look at old registries, etc.

Production on the 8 episodes began in May, so he might have already filmed his episode, like maybe between the end of BBT and his trip to Paris.

If he hasn't filmed it yet, it seems like it would be a tight squeeze to fit it in before BBT starts in August.  He's still filming in NYC and then he has the ZB movie in LA in the next several weeks.  Maybe his time on that film won't take long, but it could be unpredictable.  I would think that the WDYTYA segment would have to have been done when he had time to go to whatever archives or locations might be involved, since they always like to do that--send the celebrity to their great-grandfather's homeland or whatever.

There are 8 episodes and they don't start airing until July 23rd, which means if he hasn't filmed his segment yet, he'd have to do it really soon and I don't know that he'd have the time.

It seems like I remember reading something some fan or whoever had done and posted online in regard to Jim's family history (or his supposed family history) but I don't remember what it was about.

Do we know anything about stuff like where his parents grew up or if they were always in Texas or whatever?

I think there is significant history already been done in the past on Jim because I remember reading he is of Scottish, English, French and German descent and the article I read (a couple of years ago I think) also stated a lot about both his material side of the family (Scottish, English with McKnight (or I think it was that)) name and the Parsons' side of the family being (English, French, German) originally from Ohio (or was it Iowa...I think Ohio).   It went back at least two-three generations.  

I know in my family we have a huge family tree book that contains well over 20,000 entries in it and dates back to the late 1500's.  He may have a similar thing in his family so looking up history may not be a huge problem for him.

Depending on how much he has, he may not have to prepare much in order to tape the show, so he could still need to tape it.  They also didn't have Trisha Yearwood shown in the clip.  Maybe both still have not been taped.

• silverangel likes this

Pearlgrl

Pearlgrl

"Closeted" Fangiww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,112 posts

I think there is significant history already been done in the past on Jim because I remember reading he is of Scottish, English, French and German descent and the article I read (a couple of years ago I think) also stated a lot about both his material side of the family (Scottish, English with McKnight (or I think it was that)) name and the Parsons' side of the family being (English, French, German) originally from Ohio (or was it Iowa...I think Ohio).   It went back at least two-three generations.  

I know in my family we have a huge family tree book that contains well over 20,000 entries in it and dates back to the late 1500's.  He may have a similar thing in his family so looking up history may not be a huge problem for him.

Depending on how much he has, he may not have to prepare much in order to tape the show, so he could still need to tape it.  They also didn't have Trisha Yearwood shown in the clip.  Maybe both still have not been taped.

star.... you're like jim encyclopedia. you just spoiled the entire segment of Jim in that show LOL whats the point in watching that show when I can just ask Star.

Pearlgrl

Pearlgrl

"Closeted" Fangiww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,112 posts

I thought everyone thought all those gifs were annoying and not allowed?  as I've had been told many times to stop posting them.  anyways you guys sometimes go overboard with them.  *shrugs*

tumblr_inline_mm00eynUuF1qz4rgp.gif

I'll ask Tripper if it's okay or not.

Edited by Pearlgrl, 26 June 2013 - 04:22 PM.

• Shamynatress and silverangel like this

phantagrae

phantagrae

Hooligan

• Members
  • 6,067 posts

This is the link to that background info that was posted some time ago: http://ethnicelebs.com/jim-parsons

It does have a lot of info on his background--including a gravestone for someone on his father's side--great grandfather, I think?

There's also a link for some of his mother's family background that actually comes from Ancestry.com, so I wonder if they'll do his mother's family.

Even if he has some kind of record of his family's background, they're still going to do a lot of background research, since that's the point of the show--especially in looking up stuff that the celebrity doesn't know about their family, whether it's some connection to some historical figure or just finding out about an ancestor that the celebrity doesn't have information on, like a great-great-great grandfather or whatever.

The point of the show is looking up all of this deep background information, like how their family came to be in the area, what kind of life their great-grandparents had or whatever.

If he has roots in England/Scotland/Germany/France, they might follow one of those trails back to "the old country" or whatever, depending on what kinds of interesting things they find in his ancestry.

Even if his family has some kind of family tree, they're going to dig deep.

• silverangel likes this

silverangel

silverangel

Senior Executive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,252 posts

Hey when it is annoying you then  sorry, but you don't have to be there. You are the only one who is angry about it. I don't see Tripper's post which saying that we can't do that,  I also don't see other person than you who had a problem with it. It is hiatus time so relax little. 

• Shamynatress likes this

Pearlgrl

Pearlgrl

"Closeted" Fangiww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,112 posts

This is the link to that background info that was posted some time ago: http://ethnicelebs.com/jim-parsons

It does have a lot of info on his background--including a gravestone for someone on his father's side--great grandfather, I think?

There's also a link for some of his mother's family background that actually comes from Ancestry.com, so I wonder if they'll do his mother's family.

Even if he has some kind of record of his family's background, they're still going to do a lot of background research, since that's the point of the show--especially in looking up stuff that the celebrity doesn't know about their family, whether it's some connection to some historical figure or just finding out about an ancestor that the celebrity doesn't have information on, like a great-great-great grandfather or whatever.

The point of the show is looking up all of this deep background information, like how their family came to be in the area, what kind of life their great-grandparents had or whatever.

If he has roots in England/Scotland/Germany/France, they might follow one of those trails back to "the old country" or whatever, depending on what kinds of interesting things they find in his ancestry.

holly crap.... I'm amazed at these research.

Shel_Ra_Ho_Le

Shel_Ra_Ho_Le

SHAMY 4EVER!

• Valued Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Hey when it is annoying you then  sorry, but you don't have to be there. You are the only one who is angry about it. I don't see Tripper's post which saying that we can't do that,  I also don't see other person than you who had a problem with it. It is hiatus time so relax little. 

I was told months ago how annoying it was for posting them so I'm telling you it IS annoying. And where do you see 'angry' in my last post?  Why dont YOU relax.  

Edited by Shel_Ra_Ho_Le, 26 June 2013 - 04:37 PM.

Pearlgrl

Pearlgrl

"Closeted" Fangiww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,112 posts

I was told months ago how annoying it was for posting them so I'm telling you it IS annoying. And where do you see 'angry' in my last post?  Why dont YOU relax.  

okay. it's fine. thanks for telling us. we'll talk to Tripper. don't worry.

silverangel

silverangel

Senior Executive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,252 posts

OMG I'm so imprest about it, I didn't know that this info's are so openly avaliable in internet. really interesting roots... Thanks phanta

ok see, it's only you who are saying this is annoying... I will not argue about such topic because it is trifle... I'm totaly relax, it's you who were annoyed about gifs... such little thing upsets you?  

Edited by silverangel, 26 June 2013 - 05:05 PM.

phantagrae

phantagrae

Hooligan

• Members
  • 6,067 posts

Actually, guys, I think it has been mentioned before--though it was probably in the Shamy thread before.

I don't mind seeing a handful of BBT gifs or whatever, but I do find it a little bothersome to see 3 or 4 gifs to illustrate one's reaction to some tidbit of information or some picture of Jim.  Especially when, to me, the gifs are just over the top.

I know y'all are just having fun, but it does take up a lot of space and makes it harder to load pages, etc.

Just sayin'.

• Shel_Ra_Ho_Le likes this

Shel_Ra_Ho_Le

Shel_Ra_Ho_Le

SHAMY 4EVER!

• Valued Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Actually, guys, I think it has been mentioned before--though it was probably in the Shamy thread before.

I don't mind seeing a handful of BBT gifs or whatever, but I do find it a little bothersome to see 3 or 4 gifs to illustrate one's reaction to some tidbit of information or some picture of Jim.  Especially when, to me, the gifs are just over the top.

I know y'all are just having fun, but it does take up a lot of space and makes it harder to load pages, etc.

Just sayin'.

Yup!  Exactly what I was told when I got hounded by others when I did it. 

silverangel

silverangel

Senior Executive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,252 posts

Thanks phanta... message received... I just thought that you guys liked Jim's pictures and gifs... :(  :icon_neutral:

silverangel

silverangel

Senior Executive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,252 posts

I know that it was saying on Shamy thread but it was not Tripper who said it... maybe we should stop arguing about such detail... and see what Tripper will say

Edited by silverangel, 27 June 2013 - 04:59 AM.

DrLennon

DrLennon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Just sayin'.

I understand that and the gif's do take up some space. However, they don't bother me and sometimes make me laugh out loud=)

• silverangel likes this

stardustmelody

stardustmelody

Philosopher and Astronomer of the Court

• Valued Contributor
  • 5,453 posts

They are re-running Jim's April interview on Dave Letterman Friday.

• JoeSal90 likes this

Pearlgrl

Pearlgrl

"Closeted" Fangiww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,112 posts

tumblr_mp18fzeR8t1qa0o1no1_500.jpg

Mark at the Normal Heart shooting today. Let me tell you, I went to the shooting today. It was really crowded. And when I say crowded, I mean really crowded, almost like disney world. They were doing some kind of ceremony because of DOMA and Prop 8. I cried because it meant so much to the people making Normal Heart (im pretty sure Mark was crying too). I didn't see Jim (sad). But Mark and others were there. I arrived around 7pm. Mark made a speech. And let me tell you, there were so many gay activists there, everyone was crying. Being there was awesome. Seriously, this film will be a tear dropper so grab your tissue boxes when you watch it, i know i will.

Most of the people were confused why Mark was there. And this dude was like "Woah, the hulk is here. what is he doing here?"

"They are taping Normal Heart!"

"Oh thats cool, I've seen so many actors this week"

"Lucky, who?"

"um lets see....bla bla,,,, bla bla,,, and the guy from big bang theory"

......... you can all guess my reaction. lucky son of a...

oh and here's Sheldon talking about Mark

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=0xFoNoqFvGg

Edited by Pearlgrl, 27 June 2013 - 03:54 AM.

• MJistheBOMB, silverangel and Isadora like this

silverangel

silverangel

Senior Executive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,252 posts

Thanks Pearl for that post, I imagine that everything was so touching I bet that if I could be there I would cry.. this film is really important for many people, because of such horrible thing like Aids, because so many people lost their beloved ones, because of this disease. So I think it is so sad that this film won't be on movie theater. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Actor, jim parsons, sheldon

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

mamallama