Tripper

Actor
Mayim Bialik

6,414 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Mayim looks fantastic

Edited by rachelshamyfan

Posted

I just realized this.... If you're nominated you have to prepare for dresses to wear for Emmy parties AND for the Emmy? Man that is a lot of dresses to try on and pick

Posted

From Glamour:

Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy nominee Mayim Bialik, wearing a matching coral Tadashi Shoji dress with Nicole Miller shoes, said she'll be celebrating at the Evening Before Party the night before the Emmys. "It's really great because there's no carpet and no dress code, so I can just hang out with the cast and celebrate together without the pressure of the red carpet.”

Bialik also spilled some upcoming Big Bang scoop. "Simon Helberg and I have scenes alone for the first time this coming season and we sing together. It’s hysterical. I’ve never done karaoke and Simon kept teasing me about that." What'd they sing? None other than Neil Diamond!

mayim-bialik-1-w352.jpg

Posted (edited)

Wow she's absolutly beautiful with this red dress, It's really her color.

I'm very excited for the Emmy's ! She said she didn't prepare any discourse because she's so certain she'll not win... but Mayim you will !! :acute:

Finger crossed !

Edited by Redrose

Posted

Wow she's absolutly beautiful with this red dress, It's really her color.

I'm very excited for the Emmy's Finger ! She said she didn't prepare any discourse because she's so certain she'll not win... but Mayim you will !! :acute:

Finger crossed ! :clapping:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this i agree Mayim... you are so beautiful  :tender:... you will win fingers crossed :yes::good::clapping: we all love you :giveheart:

sheldon4ever likes this

Posted

Bialik also spilled some upcoming Big Bang scoop. "Simon Helberg and I have scenes alone for the first time this coming season and we sing together. It’s hysterical. I’ve never done karaoke and Simon kept teasing me about that." What'd they sing? None other than Neil Diamond!

Still waiting to see how this starts - Most likely in Sheldons apartment -

Actress Mayim Bialik's wish is finally coming true as her character Amy and Howard (Simon Helberg) are doing some scenes together, away from their noisy group.  "I finally get to have some scenes with the Wolowitz character," Mayim Bialik says, as quoted by E! Online. "We've never had scenes alone, and it involves singing and it's awesome."

Mayim now has double reasons to celebrate as she has got herself a huge pay hike, as well. Deadline.com reports that Mayim and Melissa Rauch, who plays Bernadette in the hit sitcom, have successfully renegotiated their current pay -- $20,000 to $30,000. Both the actresses are likely to take home almost double of what they are currently earning - nearly $60,000 per episode.

Posted

Love love love her dress. She looks beautiful.

Posted

So excited for the Emmys tonight! I keep my fingers crossed for Mayim. I really really hope she wins this time.

rachelshamyfan likes this

Posted

Why Mayim Bialik Wouldn't Let Her Mom See Her Emmys Dress

http://Why Mayim Bialik Wouldn't Let Her Mom See Her Emmys Dress
silverangel likes this

Posted

Its very sad, that Mayim didn`t win the Emmy. I really hoped for her she would win.

Hope she wins next year.

Posted

My expectations for her win were such a rollercoaster since she was nominated. At first I didn't think she'd get nominated, then I didn't think she'd win, then for some reason I became so hopeful she would win that it was a big let down last night.

But, going back to the reasons I originally thought she wouldn't win, I can see that she didn't exactly have the best or most material this year compared to S4 and 5. I actually thought she deserved an Emmy for S4 already and the tiara scene from last year was so iconic she was definitely robbed. But as much as I know Fish Guts was probably the only ep where she featured so prominently, I also think it was a tricky one to submit. The spanking, as much as they love it, has been a controversial scene with critics and, IMO, it might have played against her with the voters. All it takes is to have a few voters finding it offensive and there you have it. It's one thing to put forth something daring but this is kind of the equivalent of Jim submitting Egg Salad, in a way: outrageous but kind of controversial. Jim did SUCH a great job picking his episode. And it should shut up all the people who say he doesn't win anymore since Mayim joined the cast, since 2 of his 3 Emmys were for Shamy episodes and the only year he didn't win out of the three Mayim's been in was when he submitted a non-Shamy ep.

silverangel and rachelshamyfan like this

Posted

Maybe she would have had a better chance with Love Spell or Spoiler, she really needs a strong Amy centric episode

Posted

I personally thought she should have gone with Spoiler. She did such a great job in the scene where she blows up at Sheldon. There's not enough of her in Love Spell, and I think the show submitted Love Spell for the Best Comedy nom already. But then again, it was tricky. She just didn't have as strong an Amy-centric episode this year as she did in previous seasons. Most of the ones where she had a lot of scenes were for the benefit of Sheldon's development, rather than Amy's. Fingers crossed for S7!

Posted

I'm disappointed for her, and the show.  I was hopeful that the show would win this year.

Posted (edited)

She is beautiful in that green dress, like godess, I thought she will win, in fact I was sure that she will win. :girlsad:...maybe next year 

tumblr_mtk5esrdrr1r1n4hto3_r1_250.png  tumblr_mtk5esrdrr1r1n4hto4_r1_250.png tumblr_mtjtd0MM7H1r0znoto4_250.jpg

tumblr_mtjtd0MM7H1r0znoto5_250.jpg tumblr_mtjtd0MM7H1r0znoto6_250.jpg

Edited by silverangel

Posted (edited)

Emmys 2013

Emmys 2013: Nominee Mayim Bialik 'a lot more nervous' than in 2012

• By Nardine Saad

September 22, 2013, 4:27 p.m.

Celebs walking the red carpet at the Emmy Awards know that sustenance is crucial during a long day in the heat. Mayim Bialik, nominated for supporting actress in a comedy for "The Big Bang Theory," was no exception.

Bialik, 37, showed reporters Sunday on the Emmys red carpet that she had "lipstick and a cookie" in her tiny emerald-green clutch. 

She's nominated for her portrayal of socially awkward neurobiologist Amy Farrah Fowler, girlfriend to even more socially awkward Sheldon Cooper (Jim Parsons) on the show. He's nominated for actor in a comedy. The show is up for best comedy, and she's not sure if she's going to win. 

"It feels like last year but I'm a lot more nervous!," Bialik said.

She only recently became a series regular on the CBS comedy about the daily social woes of a geek band of Cal Tech scientists. She said next season Amy gets a lot more one-on-one time with some other characters in the cast. 

"Amy and Bernadette (Melissa Rauch) go on a field trip and I do a scene with Simon Helberg, which we've never done alone together before."

The "Blossom" alum, a neuroscientist in real life, admitted that she doesn't watch TV despite being on one of the highest-rated comedies on television. Instead, she writes for Jewish mommy-blog Kveller.

"They're expecting an Emmy report from me tomorrow morning."

As for her two sons, they won't be tuning in Emmy night to see whether their mom takes home her first award.

"They're probably watching football tonight instead," she said with a laugh.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/gossip/la-et-mg-emmys-2013-mayim-bialik-big-bang-theory-red-carpet-20130922,0,816562.story

Edited by ShamyForever
silverangel and rachelshamyfan like this

Posted

Really bummed she didn't win :( but this is only her second nomination, and there's a good probability she'll be nominated again for a third chance next year if she carries on her brilliant work. She also looked amazing as usual ;). Please give her some good material this season writers!! Pretty please! :D Well done to Jim though, he must be super chuffed :D

silverangel, AndyRenee and JoeSal90 like this

Posted

Mayim looked gorgeous. :give_rose:

She looks fantastic in green. The dress is stunning imo. Personally I love the details.

Her hair and make up also looked great (ooh I'd love to have Mayim's gorgeous hair ... :girlsmile: ).

Too bad she didn't win ... :girlsad:

AndyRenee and silverangel like this

Posted

She is beautiful in that green dress, like godess, I thought she will win, in fact I was sure that she will win. :girlsad:...maybe next year 

tumblr_mtk5esrdrr1r1n4hto3_r1_250.png  tumblr_mtk5esrdrr1r1n4hto4_r1_250.png tumblr_mtjtd0MM7H1r0znoto4_250.jpg

tumblr_mtjtd0MM7H1r0znoto5_250.jpg tumblr_mtjtd0MM7H1r0znoto6_250.jpg

i keep thinking the fuzzy things are kale.... just me? oh okay....

Posted

OMC they actually had a losers party. I so wish I could've gone to that party and danced my ass off with Mayim   :icon_cry:

rachelshamyfan and AndyRenee like this

Posted

OMC they actually had a losers party. I so wish I could've gone to that party and danced my ass off with Mayim   :icon_cry:

aka "let's drink and forget the fact that we lost" party

Posted

For all the prestige of this award, the actual ceremony and all that goes around it seems very clique-y and kind of impersonal. I think I prefer award shows like People's Choice where the cast gets to all sit and chill together and hang out. The photos from the booth last year were so awesome. This was a bit of a buzz kill of a night with them all scattered around,  no joint photos other than that one with Mayim and Kunal, and so on.