Popular Pages on the Main Site:   Next Episode | Official Merchandise | Sheldon Quotes | Latest News | Episode Guide

Welcome to The Big Bang Theory Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Mayim Bialik

Actor mayim bialik amy

• Please log in to reply
3952 replies to this topic

notchinc

notchinc

Senior Executive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Jim and Mayim's interview with Access Hollywood: http://watch.accessh...medium=referral

Most adorable interview together!!!!! Majim feels all over. My day is made! Thanks for the link.
< else />

• AndyRenee likes this

Chaliceinnana

Chaliceinnana

Pointing out patterns where none may exist....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Okay, I know the geometric is out of the question(because it is MINE), but why couldn't Amy borrow Mayim's grey dress?

Just let her have one nice piece of clothing! They have to buy her all new cardigans and jean skirts anyway...

• stardustmelody likes this

Pearlgrl

Pearlgrl

"Closeted" Fangiww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts
You guys should read mayim's recent keveller article. The one about babysitting girls. SHE SOUNDS SO MUCH LIKE AMY I WAS LAUGHING SO HARD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
  • Razberrypie likes this

stardustmelody

stardustmelody

Philosopher and Astronomer of the Court

• Valued Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,453 posts

Pearl, you talking about the combing the blond hair?  I laughed when I read that because it was so Amy.  LOL!

Guest_I'm not dead Cheryl_*

• Guests

Pearl, you talking about the combing the blond hair?  I laughed when I read that because it was so Amy.  LOL!

me too!

"it's like waterfall of liquid gold" :icon_lol:

Razberrypie

Razberrypie

Fruity CBS Drone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

I also liked the bit where she quoted the song lyrics she sang with the girls. I just pictured it in my head and it made me giggle :p

Pearlgrl

Pearlgrl

"Closeted" Fangiww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts
Mayim had a girl's night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

stardustmelody

stardustmelody

• Valued Contributor
  • 5,453 posts

Who should win best supporting actor and best supporting actress:

very Thursday between now and the 2013 Primetime Emmy Awards on Sept. 22, Zap2it will be looking at certain categories and making bold predictions. We'd love to state that you can use these predictions to guarantee victory in whatever Emmys pool you enter. But let's be honest: What seems obvious in hindsight can be anything but leading up to any given awards show. So take any and all predictions between now and then with the requisite silo of salt.

While there are dozens upon dozens of categories we could analyze, we're going to stick with the main ones over the next five Thursdays. There will be time to look at other categories in other Emmys pieces between now and then, but write these dates into your Emmys Excitement Calendar:

Aug. 29: Best supporting actress/actor in a drama series

Sept. 5: Best actress/actor in a comedy series

Sept. 12: Best actress/actor in a drama series

Sept. 19: Best comedy series/drama series

To start, we'll be looking at the nominees for outstanding supporting actress and actor in a comedy series. In each category discussed between now and the Emmys, we'll look at three things: Who Will Win, Who Should Win, and What Show Would Benefit Most From Winning. There may be overlap in some cases. Maybe there will be a three-way split. Who knows? Only one way to find out.

Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series

Adam Driver as Adam Sackler, "Girls"
Jesse Tyler Ferguson as Mitchell Pritchett, "Modern Family"
Ed O'Neill as Jay Pritchett, "Modern Family"
Ty Burrell as Phil Dunphy, "Modern Family"
Bill Hader as various characters, "Saturday Night Live"
Tony Hale as Gary Walsh, "Veep"

Who Will Win?

See those six nominations? OK, now cross off the three that don't end with "Modern Family." This show has dominated the Emmys over the last few years, and even with an overall dip in quality, it would be surprising to not see it win in at least a solid majority of categories. Eric Stonestreet, who won this award last year as well as in 2010, isn't even nominated this time around. Burrell took home the Emmy in 2011. That leaves Ferguson and O'Neill if you support a "spread the wealth around" theory of voting. Of those two, O'Neill has both the bigger name recognition and an episode submission ("Bringing Up Baby") that demonstrates how he brings laughs and pathos to the role when the writing is up to snuff. So look for him to finally take the stage.

Who Should Win?

Driver did excellent work in a mixed season of "Girls," but his submission episode focuses on Hannah's OCD as much as his return to rehab, and may put off voters. As the MVP of an otherwise less-than-stellar "Saturday Night Live" season, Hader leaves a huge hole for the show to fill going forth. This is the last time for the Emmys to honor Hader's contribution on the show, after passing him over last year. For his performance as Stefon alone, Hader probably deserves the prize. But his nomination episode (the season premiere) also features his magnetic and creepy performance as a puppeteer suffering from Vietnam flashbacks.

Which Show Would Benefit Most From Winning?

"Veep" is a show that garnered quite a bit of critical buzz last season, but still sits as a second-tier HBO show in terms of ratings (it's no "Game Of Thrones") and buzz ("Girls" has fewer viewers but is seemingly inescapable in the cultural landscape). In a year in which "Arrested Development" was poised to make a triumphant return, it was Hale's performance here that really shone. A win for this show would potentially vault "Veep" into the upper echelons of that network's programming.

So who ya got? Vote here:

Who should win the 2013 Emmy for supporting actor in a comedy series?
Ty Burrell, "Modern Family"Adam Driver, "Girls"Jesse Tyler Ferguson, "Modern Family"Bill Hader, "Saturday Night Live"Tony Hale, "Veep"Ed O'Neill, "Modern Family"

Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series

Mayim Bialik as Amy Farrah Fowler, "The Big Bang Theory"
Jane Lynch as Sue Sylvester, "Glee"
Sofia Vergara as Gloria Pritchett, "Modern Family"
Julie Bowen as Claire Dunphy, "Modern Family"
Merritt Wever as Zoey Barkow, "Nurse Jackie"
Anna Chlumsky as Amy Brookheimer, "Veep"
Jane Krakowski as Jenna Maroney, "30 Rock"

Who Will Win?

We have a few former winners here, with Lynch (2010) and Bowen (2011 and '12) having taken home the last three awards in this category. But "Glee" is running on fumes at this point, and Bowen has been rewarded enough. Krakowski helped support a stellar final season of "30 Rock," but never had enough true variety to make it seem like more than a (well-played) single note. "Veep" and "Nurse Jackie" won't have enough widespread support to land wins for its respective actresses. Look for Vergara to finally win an Emmy and continue the "Modern Family" juggernaut.

Who Should Win?

Bialik's
performance on "The Big Bang Theory" is one of the foremost reasons why that show actually improves with age. While the men are still the core of that show, it's the women who give "Big Bang" its energy and edge at this point. If for no other reason than to retroactively reward Amy's reaction upon receiving a tiara, she should win the prize this year.

Which Show Would Benefit Most From Winning?

Oddly enough, "New Girl," which doesn't even have a horse in this race. Still, if Wever pulls off an upset, "New Girl" will be in a position to bring back Schmidt's college girlfriend and capitalize on her win before "Nurse Jackie" is back on the air. And since Wever's character, Elizabeth, brought out the best in both Schmidt and "New Girl" as a whole, any excuse for that program to involve her as much as contractually possible is good news for all involved.

Again, who's got your vote?

Thank you for voting!
Mayim Bialik, "The Big Bang Theory"  40.94%   

Julie Bowen, "Modern Family"  6.71%   

Anna Chlumsky, "Veep"  6.71%   

Jane Krakowski, "30 Rock"  18.79%   

Jane Lynch, "Glee"  4.03%   

Sofia Vergara, "Modern Family"  14.77%   

Merritt Wever, "Nurse Jackie"  8.05%   

• rachelshamyfan, koops, Razberrypie and 2 others like this

• Guests

Mayim has been killing all the polls and having a lot of critics on her side, really really hope she wins!

• rachelshamyfan, stardustmelody, koops and 2 others like this

Redrose

Redrose

3.14 apartment

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Who Should Win?

Bialik's
performance on "The Big Bang Theory" is one of the foremost reasons why that show actually improves with age. While the men are still the core of that show, it's the women who give "Big Bang" its energy and edge at this point. If for no other reason than to retroactively reward Amy's reaction upon receiving a tiara, she should win the prize this year.

100% agree.

*fingers crossed*

Pearlgrl

Pearlgrl

"Closeted" Fangiww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts
If she wins... I expect some MaJim hugs
  • stardustmelody, AndyRenee and Redrose like this

• Guests

and Jim's mom getting a call too! :icon_biggrin:

• stardustmelody likes this

stardustmelody

stardustmelody

• Valued Contributor
  • 5,453 posts

Not "if"...but WHEN she wins...haha.   Also agree with Yani...Jim's Mom should be expecting a phone call as well.  :icon_lol: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_lol:

• silverangel and Pearlgrl like this

That70sGirl

That70sGirl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Alright, I have to admit I didn't read all 25 pages of this thread. But I did just get a package in the mail from with some Mayim items. I was dealing with her publicist to gather auction items for charity. Mayim sent a signed copy of her book and a signed BBT cast photo for us to use in an auction (so so sweet!)... Here's why I'm posting this:

I didn't realize she had a book! Has anyone here read it? How is it?

• Guests

Alright, I have to admit I didn't read all 25 pages of this thread. But I did just get a package in the mail from with some Mayim items. I was dealing with her publicist to gather auction items for charity. Mayim sent a signed copy of her book and a signed BBT cast photo for us to use in an auction (so so sweet!)... Here's why I'm posting this:

I didn't realize she had a book! Has anyone here read it? How is it?

I read some parts of it, I gave it to my sister when she was pregnant with my nephew since she's into that vegan hippy-attachment parenting thing like Mayim is :) 

It's a parenting book of Mayim telling her experiences in practicing Attachment Parenting when raising her sons as well as extended breastfeeding amongst other things. It is really interesting and while I don't subscribe to all of her practices it is indeed an interesting read.

having said that:

OMG! so nice that you got the autographed book and the signed picture!! that was really sweet of her!

stardustmelody

stardustmelody

• Valued Contributor
  • 5,453 posts

She has a second book due to release this Spring.  Yes she has had the book out for a while now.   It is on Attachment Parenting.   I haven't read it because I have adult children now and am not really into the concept she follows, but from what I understand it is well written and interesting.  

That was very sweet of her to send things to support your charity.  All the more to love her!   :wub:

stardustmelody

stardustmelody

• Valued Contributor
  • 5,453 posts

Go vote for Mayim in TVline.com's poll for who should win Best Supporting Actress:  http://tvline.com/20...who-should-win/

Also add your vote for her here:  http://blog.zap2it.c...edy-series.html

And last don't forget to vote for Shamy as Sizzingling Chemistry couple:   http://www.cbs.com/s...lafCU5GAMa5wJR/

Edited by stardustmelody, 22 August 2013 - 07:53 PM.

• AndyRenee and silverangel like this

• Guests

wow! Mayim is killing all the polls! hell yeah"!

• stardustmelody, ShamyForever, koops and 2 others like this

silverangel

silverangel

Senior Executive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,252 posts

Yeah she is winning in all pools and Mayim baby you will win this Emmy.... fingers crossed...

....but Shamy is loosing again so go ahead and vote.

I got this with our sweet Mayim...thank you Andy... :wub:

tumblr_mrz1o44P8Y1rj8bvzo5_250.gif tumblr_mrz1o44P8Y1rj8bvzo3_250.gif tumblr_mrz1o44P8Y1rj8bvzo1_250.gif tumblr_mrz1o44P8Y1rj8bvzo4_250.gif tumblr_mrz1o44P8Y1rj8bvzo7_250.gif tumblr_mrz1o44P8Y1rj8bvzo2_250.gif tumblr_mrz1o44P8Y1rj8bvzo8_250.gif tumblr_mrz1o44P8Y1rj8bvzo6_250.gif

• AndyRenee, Isadora and Redrose like this

Redrose

Redrose

3.14 apartment

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

wow! Mayim is killing all the polls! hell yeah"!

tumblr_mj8dem3I5G1r1n4hto3_r2_250.gif

• rachelshamyfan likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Actor, mayim bialik, amy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

nusspot