Popular Pages on the Main Site:   Next Episode | Official Merchandise | Sheldon Quotes | Latest News | Episode Guide

Welcome to The Big Bang Theory Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Never Eat

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Seciom

Seciom

• Newbies
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts

Have you notice that when they are eating they only play with the food but never eat it.

Moonbase

Moonbase

Laser on stun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,410 posts

Have you notice that when they are eating they only play with the food but never eat it.

Oh yes, many times. They are shooting for a long time so the food probably gets cold and horrible. Also, when you have lines to remember you probably don't want food in your mouth while you're waiting for your cue. :icon_cheesygrin:

Grasshopper

Grasshopper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

That drives me up a wall when I see them all playing with their food like that. It also makes me hungry and want to order out for Chinese food.

Sherminator

Sherminator

Senior Executive Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

I've noticed that Howard does eat quite often, a lot more often than the other characters.

I mean while the others just play with their food, Howard actually stuffs some of it in his mouth.

Good for him, as it is sinful to waste food.

Convict13

Convict13

Where are we? Damfino!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,604 posts

Yep and it really annoys me, I find myself watching them play with their food.  Why not just have them finishing their food or just having a drink rather than always having to eat. Jim especially fiddles with his food.

Kyzzx

Kyzzx

(*The Conqueror)

• Valued Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts

They eat a lot between takes, and don't really eat on-screen because it's easy to mess up with food/saliva in your mouth. Plus they don't want the containers to be empty. Kaley and Simon eat more than the others. Kaley off-screen especially.

Johnny never eats anything. Lol.

Sherminator

Sherminator

Senior Executive Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

They eat a lot between takes, and don't really eat on-screen because it's easy to mess up with food/saliva in your mouth. Plus they don't want the containers to be empty. Kaley and Simon eat more than the others. Kaley off-screen especially.

Johnny never eats anything. Lol.

Yeah, I can tell Kaley eats a lot. It shows...

Miss Kitka

Miss Kitka

Soft Kitty, Warm Kitty, Little Ball Of Fur.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,942 posts

Oh yes, many times. They are shooting for a long time so the food probably gets cold and horrible. Also, when you have lines to remember you probably don't want food in your mouth while you're waiting for your cue. :icon_cheesygrin:

I've noticed that..! :D

Lissie

Lissie

Senior Executive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts

How many hours they are taping and repeating scenes per day? Imagine if they eat all time then will be a problem for their health.

Edited by Lissie, 10 March 2013 - 06:54 AM.

Sherminator

Sherminator

Senior Executive Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

How many hours they are taping and repeating scenes per day? Imagine if they it all time then will be a problem for their health.

That's a fabulous pic, Lissie!

-as for retakes, I do not think this tv show does many retakes. Not ones that would actually allow food to get cold. After all, the show is taped in front of live audience, so the takes cannot take long.

-and also, if they have to do retake, they usually just take the line again, the line that was wrong, and do not start all over again. You can see this in the bloopers on DVD sets of the BBT show.

• Lissie likes this

rachelshamyfan

rachelshamyfan

Shamy for the emmies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,577 posts
I read somewhere ages ago that not all the food is real anyway. Jim is one that hardly eats, he mostly pushes the stuff round his plate!

mobildj

mobildj

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

I concur with the fact that they are doing several takes sometimes, and so if they actually ate the whole time, it would be too much.  One bite or so, here and there wouldn't hurt though, lol.

Edited by mobildj, 28 March 2013 - 08:15 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Episodes

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users