Popular Pages on the Main Site:   Next Episode | Official Merchandise | Sheldon Quotes | Latest News | Episode Guide

Welcome to The Big Bang Theory Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Which Episodes Where Penny Or Howard Or Raj Not In?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Kevin Brazee

Kevin Brazee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts
Looking at The Big Bang Theory entry on imdb.com it states that Lenard and Sheldon have been in all the episodes. Penny, Howard and Raj have supposedly missed one episode each. Does anyone know what episodes those might have been?

Thank you

Tripper

Tripper

Piemaster General

• Administrators
  • 2,999 posts

I'm not sure about Raj or Howard but I do know the episode Penny wasn't in was The Desperation Emanation. http://the-big-bang-...tion-Emanation/

Kaley Cuoco had broken her leg the weekend before the taping of the episode, so Penny was written out. Zach, Penny's date from the third season finale, was originally supposed to appear in that episode but was written out with Penny.

Tensor

Tensor

Ratings Guru

• Global Moderator
  • 4,820 posts
The one episode difference is due to the original pilot. Johnny and Jim where the only two cast members who where in the first pilot and returned for the second. Tripper, while Kaley missed two episodes( I'll check the other one when I get home around noon) she was still credited for those episodes. Melissa and Mayim are only credited with episodes in which they appear, even with their promotion to main cast.

Tripper

Tripper

Piemaster General

• Administrators
  • 2,999 posts

The one episode difference is due to the original pilot. Johnny and Jim where the only two cast members who where in the first pilot and returned for the second. Tripper, while Kaley missed two episodes( I'll check the other one when I get home around noon) she was still credited for those episodes. Melissa and Mayim are only credited with episodes in which they appear, even with their promotion to main cast.

Ah, that explains it. I forgot IMDB counts credits, so Kaley's absence wouldn't affect their count. I think the other episode she missed is The Irish Pub Formulation then. http://the-big-bang-...ub-Formulation/

Tensor

Tensor

Ratings Guru

• Global Moderator
  • 4,820 posts

Ah, that explains it. I forgot IMDB counts credits, so Kaley's absence wouldn't affect their count. I think the other episode she missed is The Irish Pub Formulation then. http://the-big-bang-...ub-Formulation/

Yeah, Irish Pub is the other one. And IMDB just uses the show credits, which are based on what the contracts specify. Contracts can specify credits based on SAG rules. Which makes it appear, that while Mayim and Melissa are main cast, their contracts are on a different level than the original five. This because they only get credit for shows in which they appear. Which can affect syndication payments, although in their case it wouldn't be by much, as they don't miss many episodes.(the credit thing for Mayim and Melissa is still going on, even with their addition to the last frame of the opening credits this year. See The 43 Peculiarity.

Kevin Brazee

Kevin Brazee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts
Got it. That explains it. So if we discount the original pilot in which only Galecki and Parsons were in than as far as screen time, Penny has missed two episodes and Sheldon, Leonard, Howard and Raj have appeared in all of them.

Is my understanding correct?

bigbangsheldon

bigbangsheldon

chloe

• Chat Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,340 posts

she wasnt in the apology one either

Tensor

Tensor

Ratings Guru

• Global Moderator
  • 4,820 posts

she wasnt in the apology one either

Actually, she is. It's a short scene when Sheldon goes to The Cheesecake Factory bar and orders a Rosewater Ricky. Penny pours a shot of something and Sheldon keeps trying to drink it, but keeps spitting it back into the shot glass. It was Kaley's first show back, after the accident, and they had her behind the bar to hide the cast.

Edited by Tensor, 09 April 2013 - 01:36 PM.

bigbangsheldon

bigbangsheldon

chloe

• Chat Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,340 posts

omg wtf! how could i forget :icon_eek: losing my edge

Tensor

Tensor

Ratings Guru

• Global Moderator
  • 4,820 posts

omg wtf! how could i forget :icon_eek: losing my edge

I don't think it's a problem. I'm sure if you go back and look at the scene you'll find that it's less than two minutes long .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users