Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Spoilers S7 Spoilers

10,671 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Wally, sides are portions of the episode script that have lines for guest actors to be used to audition. For instance, in the bar scene, there's a line for the waiter. So whoever wants to audition for the waiter role, would need the side to know the scene, etc.

I'm not alarmed by these scenes. I think some people are reading way too much into them, or extrapolating some kind of worst-case scenario.

For instance, in the bar scene, we're just seeing the beginning of Bernie and Amy's trip, not the whole thing. So they let some guys buy them drinks and they enjoy the moment of attention. That's ALL that one little moment shows. There's obviously going to be more to their trip than that one moment. That's only the beginning of the trip.

And I don't think that Leonard having a good time and not being all down in the dumps means that Sheldon is going to all of a sudden be hugging it out with Penny. I'm not saying that she won't try to cry on his shoulder, but I don't think that Sheldon will suddenly become Mr. Compassion, even if he also feels hurt by Leonard not missing him, etc.

As for Howard and Raj, again, all we're getting here is a glimpse of Raj attempting to talk to one girl--and we see that the HR lady is back. I think that's interesting. Howard mentions that her husband left her--I predict that Raj might end up hitting on her... And I'm guessing that her reappearance isn't necessarily about the tenure issue...

Edited by phantagrae
Count Wally de Honk likes this

Posted

Nogravitas, if I might quietly ask, what are these "sides" and what did they say exactly? Everybody seems a little alarmed. My computer has some sort of artistically temperamental difficulty with showing the links. I have surmised thus far, from everyone's conversation, that Leonard is having a whale (!) of a time on the boat, and is playing some sort of drinking game concerning icebergs. Also Amy and Bernadette are having larks together, and having drinks bought for them. And Penny is missing Leonard. (as she should!) Is this all correct? Are these sides like early scripts? They often change things about though, don't they...

When the show needs bit part actors, they send the part to a site that distributes them to would-be actors. The script only contains the relevant section for the bit part.

So, you can get a hint of what will happen from them.

It should be noted that the "sides" site is for registered members (actors) only. It seems there are a few "moles".

You have to log in here to download the pdf's to read.

Posted

When the show needs bit part actors, they send the part to a site that distributes them to would-be actors. The script only contains the relevant section for the bit part.

So, you can get a hint of what will happen from them.

It should be noted that the "sides" site is for registered members (actors) only. It seems there are a few "moles".

You have to log in here to download the pdf's to read.

I just hit the link and read the doc on my iPad.

Posted

I see. Very helpful! Thank you Phantagrae and Disgusted! (that sounds odd....what about thank you Hooligan Minstrel and Unforgiven? No, that sounds like a cult....Er, thank you BOTH)

As for being unhappy about Sheldon potentially hugging Penny, I really don't think folk need fret. I understand that Sheldon is generally very retentive with his physical affection towards Amy, but it is potentially a bigger "deal" to hug someone you're romantically involved with, so perhaps that's why he's been avoiding it. I mean, he's hugged Wil Wheaton for goodness sake! AND Professor Proton. I presume that's not romantic. In the latter case I certainly HOPE not.....If he does comfort Penny, well that's grand! They've been too uppity with each other lately. And it shows he's getting better at expressing himself and becoming more empathetic. That can only be good for the S/A situation.

Leonard and the whole boat farrago sounds hilarious. But what the devil actually happens? He's talking to Penny on the phone, gets distracted, and...hangs up? Elaboration please, anyone, when you have the chance....

Ta very much again.

BangerMain, djsurrey and hamerman55 like this

Posted

Leonard and the whole boat farrago sounds hilarious. But what the devil actually happens? He's talking to Penny on the phone, gets distracted, and...hangs up? Elaboration please, anyone, when you have the chance....

Ta very much again.

Count, we don't know what happens, the side ends there.

Posted (edited)

Count, we don't know what happens, the side ends there.

Hhhm. Why are people saying Penny is miserable? All this 'crying on Sheldon's (bony) shoulder' etc? I suppose I should just shift my brain into "adult" gear, and patiently wait for the new episode.

I've mentally tacked a Bazinga onto the end of that sentence...

Thank you Tensor.

Edited by Count Wally de Honk

Posted

Hhhm. Why are people saying Penny is miserable? All this 'crying on Sheldon's (bony) shoulder' etc? I suppose I should just shift my brain into "adult" gear, and patiently wait for the new episode.

I've mentally tacked a Bazinga onto the end of that sentence...

Thank you Tensor.

correction. He hangs up, and he may have (probably is) distracted by the drinking game. Penny says she misses him, other than that I don't see where she's miserable. Now, losing the connection (there's a Hello, Hello from Penny for the last words on the side)may make her sad because it doesn't seem like Leonard is missing her. But, it really isn't clear. What you're seeing are extrapolations and guesses to what the sides say.

You're quite welcome.

Posted

Holly crap how/where did you find these?! I bet this was classified. But now I have an idea of what's gonna happen!

I don't think shamys are gonna appreciate the bar scene lol

I think Lenny fans may be upset about Leonard having the time of his life away from Penny.   I guess I could see him having a good time and all, but he was partying pretty hard from the scene.  I also think that Penny has to feel a bit sad about the fact that he seems like he is doing so well when she was missing him so much.   Sort of sad really.

I think the writers have set it up for Sheldon to comfort Penny (not be antagonists like many tried to convince us).  It seems like they have set it up that Penny cries on Sheldon's shoulder and he comforts her.  I predict they will likely have him hold her or hug her, which is going to annoy Shamy fans for certain because Amy gets NOTHING.   I also think the Amy/Bernie scene is nothing like they presented in that it sounded like Amy/Bernie were going to get in a fight, but now it sounds like that they are enjoying being hit on. I hope the fight isn't over a guy, or Bernie trying to reason with Amy to let the guys go because she has Sheldon and Amy fights her. I really don't want them making Amy look desperate and that she would go off with anyone kind of thing.   It was a bit disturbing and I could be way off, but it wasn't sounding like it was going on a good path.

Raj's scene wasn't interesting either.   His came across pretty boring.    So far, I hope the taping report shows it better than the sides are revealing.  There definitely isn't any Shamy likely in the first episode on premiere night.   Guess we will see if any sides show up for the second episode (taping week).

It is obvious what is going to happen, AMy will sleep with a stranger, cheating and destroying Shamy. Penny will seek comfort in Sheldon, because like she always feared, Leonard is tired of her. Sheldon will hug Penny because he has always loved her. SHENNY

TPTB will do this because of the very vocal Shenny minority, who they must appease.

Of course I don't belief this, but sometimes I do get nervous.

Posted

SRAM, check your PM

Posted

SRAM, check your PM

Got it that's.

Concerning Sheldon hugging Penny, is that on a side, because I missed it. I could actually see Penny getting upset with Leonard for not seeming to care about her, maybe even mad.

Posted

It is obvious what is going to happen, AMy will sleep with a stranger, cheating and destroying Shamy. Penny will seek comfort in Sheldon, because like she always feared, Leonard is tired of her. Sheldon will hug Penny because he has always loved her. SHENNY

It's funny when it won't be happening to me......

Child_eating_popcorn.jpg

Posted

Got it that's.

Concerning Sheldon hugging Penny, is that on a side, because I missed it. I could actually see Penny getting upset with Leonard for not seeming to care about her, maybe even mad.

No it's extrapolation. We really don't even know if she is upset( I'm pretty sure she would be, more insecurity for her). It appears she's puzzled by the disconnection and she was saying she missed him, then Leonard interrupted because of he drinking game. And that's where it ends.

Posted

huh, even not in nightmare :icon_wink:

Posted (edited)

i don't know, i still ship Sheldon with Zazzles :3

SHAZZLES <3

Edited by supreme1
Spaced_up likes this

Posted

I see. Very helpful! Thank you Phantagrae and Disgusted! (that sounds odd....what about thank you Hooligan Minstrel and Unforgiven? No, that sounds like a cult....Er, thank you BOTH)

As for being unhappy about Sheldon potentially hugging Penny, I really don't think folk need fret. I understand that Sheldon is generally very retentive with his physical affection towards Amy, but it is potentially a bigger "deal" to hug someone you're romantically involved with, so perhaps that's why he's been avoiding it. I mean, he's hugged Wil Wheaton for goodness sake! AND Professor Proton. I presume that's not romantic. In the latter case I certainly HOPE not.....If he does comfort Penny, well that's grand! They've been too uppity with each other lately. And it shows he's getting better at expressing himself and becoming more empathetic. That can only be good for the S/A situation.

Ta very much again.

I don't think there will be a hug.

Sheldon will probably be annoying Penny all the time and she'll work out that it's because he's misses Leonard. They both admit they are missing him. Then they Skype Leonard or something and that will be it. LOL!

Posted

I don't think there will be a hug.

Sheldon will probably be annoying Penny all the time and she'll work out that it's because he's misses Leonard. They both admit they are missing him. Then they Skype Leonard or something and that will be it. LOL!

agreed . But I can't deny that it opens to a lot of future script. The most likely would be the fact that Penny is concerned about Leonard "individualisation", being so "well" without her while she is missing him. Not directly of course, but it could be a guide line for the rest of the season, a way to rebalance the relationship.

silverangel and stardustmelody like this

Posted

huh, even not in nightmare :icon_wink:

It's one of two things. SRAM is making a joke. Or it's a double bluff and he's really saying what he secretly wants. :) heheheh.

Posted

It's one of two things. SRAM is making a joke. Or it's a double bluff and he's really saying what he secretly wants. :) heheheh.

haha don't worry I understood it :icon_wink: but anyway, in both cases, It is horrible ^^ .

Posted

agreed . But I can't deny that it opens to a lot of future script. The most likely would be the fact that Penny is concerned about Leonard "individualisation", being so "well" without her while she is missing him. Not directly of course, but it could be a guide line for the rest of the season, a way to rebalance the relationship.

I've raised something like this on the L/P spoiler thread. It would be funny to turn the tables but there should be no tit-for-tat. I hope they don't play it that Penny has to suffer to work off any presumed bad karma. She might feel bad for her own past actions or just want to do better by him for his own sake. Also Leonard shouldn't go off and run up bad karma of his own. But TPTB do need to wind up the funny spring.

Posted

S&P have probably been trying to call L like four hundred times and he is too busy iceberging.  :icon_idea:  it sounds like sheldon is excited that they got through to him

AndyRenee and phantagrae like this

Posted

I hope they don't play it that Penny has to suffer to work off any presumed bad karma. She might feel bad for her own past actions or just want to do better by him for his own sake. Also Leonard shouldn't go off and run up bad karma of his own. But TPTB do need to wind up the funny spring.

Agreed again. IMO, going into that way can only be positive for the Lenny. The relationship may also be rebalanced without Penny necessarely feeling too bad for her previous behaviour towards him or feeling insecure ( She should, but no ) Instead, she will realize that he is an adult and no longer a little puppy begging for affection and commitment. Maybe in that way, she could solve her own commitment issue, feeling at ease and not pushed ( big similarities with Sheldon's behaviour by the way )

I must visit the Lenny Thread sometimes :)

Nogravitasatall and mjc45 like this

Posted

How did anyone make the jump to Sheldon and Penny hugging from those sides?

Posted

Joke.....Joke .......,. Joke.........JOKE

Nogravitasatall likes this

Posted

Agreed again. IMO, going into that way can only be positive for the Lenny. The relationship may also be rebalanced without Penny necessarely feeling too bad for her previous behaviour towards him or feeling insecure ( She should, but no ) Instead, she will realize that he is an adult and no longer a little puppy begging for affection and commitment. Maybe in that way, she could solve her own commitment issue, feeling at ease and not pushed ( big similarities with Sheldon's behaviour by the way )

I must visit the Lenny Thread sometimes :)

I like this idea, especially the part about Sheldon's behaviour being similar to Penny's. Its something i've noticed too. They both need alot of time to deal with certain things, in his case intimacy, and in hers, commitment. and yes, you should visit the Lenny thread, from what i hear they are all really cool people over there... ;)

Also, i really dont think Sheldon will hug Penny, and i dont really think Penny will get that upset either. She might be a little shocked, maybe even a little sad, but i dont think she is going to need to cry on Sheldon's shoulder. I have made the mistake of reading too much into the sides before (the valentines episode, lenny proposal, it was crazy) so im not going to do it again and save any real judgement for when the taping reports come out!  :)