Popular Pages on the Main Site:   Next Episode | Official Merchandise | Sheldon Quotes | Latest News | Episode Guide

Welcome to The Big Bang Theory Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Will There Be A Season 8

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 fixitmr

fixitmr

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:19 AM

Are they working on a contract extension beyond season 7 ??????

• abormoumb likes this

#2 3ku11

3ku11

What's the jist Physicist?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:17 AM

If ratings are as strong as Season 6 I can guarentee at least 4 more seasons.

• BlackWhiteRose likes this

#3 BlackWhiteRose

BlackWhiteRose

*loveTBBT*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:13 AM

That would be fantastic!

The cast loves to be on the show. They have so much fun!

#4 rickfromillinois

rickfromillinois

Senior Executive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:10 AM

I don't believe that this is even a valid question.   YES, there will be a season 8.   If there isn't it will only be because the stars of the show get together and decide not to do another season, and I don't see that happening.   Yes, some of them are interested in doing other things, but if they can stay on the show for as long as they can it will give them the financial flexibility to do whatever they want for the rest of their lives.   They can pick and choose what projects to do without worry about whether it will be a financial success or not.  The show will not be cancelled next year because of the ratings.

#5 fixitmr

fixitmr

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:43 PM

I do believe it is a valid question ... it is not up to the actors but the creators and  the network to work out an extension to the contract .. while Chuck and company work out contracts for the actors ...  

I don't want to ruffle any feathers just posing a question as to whether the network and Chuck are working on an extension.

#6 Tensor

Tensor

Ratings Guru

• Global Moderator
  • 5,628 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:17 PM

I do believe it is a valid question ... it is not up to the actors but the creators and  the network to work out an extension to the contract .. while Chuck and company work out contracts for the actors ...  
I don't want to ruffle any feathers just posing a question as to whether the network and Chuck are working on an extension.

The reason some see it(me included) as not a valid question is that the show will bring in over $300 million in advertising revenue, this coming year. The cast has already stated they want to keep going. CBS isn't going to give up that much ad revenue. The six cast members of Friends made a million an episode 11 years ago, so $1 million for the three isn't all that crazy. Not all of them are going to make a million. Even if the other four go to $500,000 an episode, That would be $72 million for the three, and 48 million for the other four. That's $120 Million for cast salaries and leaves 180 million for everyone else to split. that's simply too much money for them not to extend the series. Even if they bump the other four to $750,000 an episode and there would still be $156 million left to split. Not to mention, every season they add, is more syndication money earned for the producers (and anyone else earning syndicated money, such as Johnny, Jim, and Kaley already do).

#7 fixitmr

fixitmr

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:56 PM

Hey all I asked was are they working on a contract extension ..... NOT will they kill the show ... YES there is lots of money involved NO question about that ... and I know that the CAST is having a blast working and they all LOVE being there

JUST wondering if CBS and Chuck Bill  are working on the extension  that's all .... the answer to my Question is either YES they are ... OR NO they are not at this time ....

• Spaced_up likes this

#8 Tensor

Tensor

Ratings Guru

• Global Moderator
  • 5,628 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:05 AM

Hey all I asked was are they working on a contract extension ..... NOT will they kill the show ... YES there is lots of money involved NO question about that ... and I know that the CAST is having a blast working and they all LOVE being there

JUST wondering if CBS and Chuck Bill  are working on the extension  that's all .... the answer to my Question is either YES they are ... OR NO they are not at this time ....

Well, actually, it would be Warner Brothers and CBS, WB controls the rights. But, the point was, with that much money, yes they are. But, they aren't going to say anything until everything is tied up.

#9 fixitmr

fixitmr

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:08 AM

Great that's all I was looking for ..... I guess they want to wait for the EMMY's ???

#10 Tensor

Tensor

Ratings Guru

• Global Moderator
  • 5,628 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:21 AM

Nah, the Emmy's in this case won't matter. TBBT is over a point higher in the 18-49 demo than any other entertainment show, and just under a point and a half higher than any other scripted show. It's the only scripted show in the top ten of demo and the top ten of total viewers and the only entertainment program in the top five of both demo and total viewers. An Emmys win, while great, simply won't matter for this show's renewal cost this year.

#11 Occam's Chainsaw

Occam's Chainsaw

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:15 PM

The real question isn't whether they'll renew, it's how many seasons they'll renew for. While the show could easily go 4+ more seasons networks get a little nervous with a show as it gets later in the series, especially when you can't replace cast members if they get tired of the show.

#12 3ku11

3ku11

What's the jist Physicist?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:20 PM

The Cast espeically Jim said they are still keen, and Johnny said their are still alot of stories these characters have to tell. And considering the show's ratings, TBBT is not giving any reason for the network to not renew for Season 8. Like above said it is more of a matter of how many seasons CBS well renew BBT for opposed to well they renew for Season 8.

#13 rickfromillinois

rickfromillinois

Senior Executive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:57 AM

Even if some of the cast members decide to leave, and there is absolutely no indication that they will, there will be an 8th season.  There is just too much money involved. 

#14 Spaced_up

Spaced_up

Shenny HQ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:37 AM

There is no official news yet but everyone expects several extra seasons.

#15 thephantom

thephantom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:23 PM

The ratings are still high and CBS is making money. There's no financial reason not to renew. I think it depends on if Lorre and the actors want to continue. If they want to continue,the show will too. If they are ready to move on, then Lorre will end the show

#16 claire1989

claire1989

• Newbies
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:50 PM

Yes there is going to be a season 8 as the cast and crew have just sin'ed up for season 8  9 10 and hopefully after them many many more

#17 Tensor

Tensor

Ratings Guru

• Global Moderator
  • 5,628 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:31 PM

Yes there is going to be a season 8 as the cast and crew have just sin'ed up for season 8  9 10 and hopefully after them many many more

First off Claire, Welcome to the forums, I hope you enjoy your time here. Don't forget to check out the main site.

This thread is from last September, we've been talking about the new seasons coming up here and here . Head on over to those two threads and join in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users