Popular Pages on the Main Site:   Next Episode | Official Merchandise | Sheldon Quotes | Latest News | Episode Guide

Welcome to The Big Bang Theory Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Physicists Francois Englert Of Belgium And Peter Higgs Of Britain Won The 2013 Nobel Prize In Physics

Nobel Prize Physics Higgs boson God particle

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

ArmyGirl

ArmyGirl

Superhero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,372 posts

Francois Englert and Peter W. Higgs won the 2013 Nobel Prize For Physics on Tuesday for their research into the Higgs boson particle, nicknamed the "God particle."

The award is given annually for the most important discovery or invention within the field of physics.

Englert, a Belgian theoretical physicist, and Higgs, a British physicist, earned the prestigious prize for "the theoretical discovery of a mechanism that contributes to our understanding of the origin of mass subatomic particles" which was confirmed through the discovery of the predicted fundamental particle by the ATLAS and CMS experiments at CERN's Large Hadron Collider, the Nobel Prize Twitter feed reported.

http://www.huffingto...0.html#comments

• rachelshamyfan, koops, gaqo and 1 other like this

koops

koops

Senior Partner: Midol & Seagull, ESQ

• Chat Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,250 posts

Ha! You beat me to it, I just posted about this in the S7 forum! Big news for theoretical physics. 

Guest_I'm not dead Cheryl_*

Guest_I'm not dead Cheryl_*
  • Guests

PARTAAAAYYYYYYYYYY

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users