Popular Pages on the Main Site:   Next Episode | Official Merchandise | Sheldon Quotes | Latest News | Episode Guide

Welcome to The Big Bang Theory Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

Pearlgrl

Pearlgrl

"Closeted" Fangiww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
IT'S THAT TIME OF THE YEAR AGAIN.

Here are some ways to support the show...

Just go to this website and start nominating! Make sure you add Simon Helberg and mayim Bialik for comedy actor/actress ^_^

http://www.peoplesch...p?pollId=130016

tumblr_mv3vt2OGtL1rd2ot9o1_500.png

http://www.peoplesch...p?pollId=130031

tumblr_mv3vt2OGtL1rd2ot9o3_500.png

OR

tumblr_mv3vt2OGtL1rd2ot9o2_400.png

http://www.peoplesch...p?pollId=130033

tumblr_mv3vt2OGtL1rd2ot9o4_500.png

http://www.peoplesch...p?pollId=130032

tumblr_mv3vt2OGtL1rd2ot9o6_500.png

http://www.peoplesch...p?pollId=130017

tumblr_mv3vt2OGtL1rd2ot9o7_500.png

http://www.peoplesch...p?pollId=130016

tumblr_mv3vt2OGtL1rd2ot9o8_500.png

http://www.peoplesch...p?pollId=130018

< else />

Edited by Pearlgrl, 23 October 2013 - 12:44 PM.

• BlackWhiteRose, rachelshamyfan, abormoumb and 2 others like this

3ku11

3ku11

What's the jist Physicist?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,207 posts

Lol laughing at Sheldon and Penny nominated before Leonard and Penny lol.

silverangel

silverangel

Senior Executive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,252 posts

Thanks Pearl... yeah it was strange Sheldon & Penny...it should be Sheldon and Amy and Leonard and Penny  . LOL both pairs deserve to be nominated

Edited by silverangel, 23 October 2013 - 01:52 AM.

• BlackWhiteRose likes this

Chrystalie

Chrystalie

French fangirl for Shamy/MaJim ship

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Is there a message at the end to say it's OK for voting?
Do I need to register?
Is it OK to vote even we're not in United States?

Thanks ;)

3ku11

3ku11

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,207 posts

Is there a message at the end to say it's OK for voting?
Do I need to register?
Is it OK to vote even we're not in United States?

Thanks ;)

Just click cast vote and it votes, you can vote in any country.

• Chrystalie likes this

BlackWhiteRose

BlackWhiteRose

*loveTBBT*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Lol laughing at Sheldon and Penny nominated before Leonard and Penny lol.

Yeah but its the on screen chemistry so their chemistry is awesome (Penny and Sheldons).

3ku11

3ku11

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,207 posts

Yeah but its the on screen chemistry so their chemistry is awesome (Penny and Sheldons).

Well Leonard and Penny is onscreen too, seeing Kaley and Johnny have dated you would think they would have great chemistry, and they do just thought it was odd considering the current couple's in the show, just a bit weird that's all. 

Cecilia

Cecilia

Post-Modern Rationalist Shamy Cynic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts

That's true!! So, after 7.03 there should be an Amy-Howard nomination too!!!!

• BlackWhiteRose and Pearlgrl like this

BlackWhiteRose

BlackWhiteRose

*loveTBBT*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

I agree with you Cecilia. Hope they got nominated one day.

And I´ve added Mayim in the Comedy actress category.

Edited by BlackWhiteRose, 23 October 2013 - 09:33 AM.

• Cecilia likes this

Guest_I'm not dead Cheryl_*

• Guests

seeing as Sheldon & Amy won the "Sizziling Chemistry" poll at CBS I don't see why they couldn't have been nominated as best chemistry. Especially when Sheldon & Penny haven't really had many scenes together, at least not compared to Sheldon & Amy.

anyhow, let's get them nominated! especially Mayim (why is she not even nominated is beyond me, she was nominated for an Emmy for heaven's sake!)

• stardustmelody, AndyRenee, silverangel and 2 others like this

AndyRenee

AndyRenee

Soft CBS Drone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

seeing as Sheldon & Amy won the "Sizziling Chemistry" poll at CBS I don't see why they couldn't have been nominated as best chemistry. Especially when Sheldon & Penny haven't really had many scenes together, at least not compared to Sheldon & Amy.

anyhow, let's get them nominated! especially Mayim (why is she not even nominated is beyond me, she was nominated for an Emmy for heaven's sake!)

Yes. Yes. Yes.

Chrismo

Chrismo

Senior Executive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

I'm not sure how Sheldon and Amy won a" sizzling chemistry" poll but that may be just me. I think" best chemistry "and "favorite chemistry" are two different things. Best would probably fit Sheldon/Amy better. I think Penny/Sheldon is a very unique case. People seem to like them together because it doesn't happen that often and when it does it either funny or poignant. Thats why they sort of fit into a favorite category.  In regards to Mayim you're sort going against your previous logic. Kaley has more scenes than Mayim on the show. In regards to the emmys Mayim fits into a supporting actress category. Kaley doesn't fit into any category.

stardustmelody

stardustmelody

Philosopher and Astronomer of the Court

• Valued Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,502 posts

AGREE!  

Chrismo, I think many fans are getting sick of the show only acting like Kaley is the only female on the show.  She isn't.   Their are three actresses and the industry needs to start remembering that.   The ballots are skewed from the start and they should have had all three women on their as well as all the coupling possibilities on there for choices.   You can vote for five different ones which would have allowed people to vote for several options when it came to chemistry.  Why not have Sheldon/Leonard for chemistry or Amy/Howard for chemistry, etc.   Bottom line, is the ballots are not right in the first place and while they do allow write-in's, it would have been better to have been fair and have the lists be more comprehensive for ALL shows (not just BBT) than they way they did them.   I find them annoying.

I had the same problem that they left Benedict Cumberbatch off of all their lists and had to keep putting him on the list.  They left Simon off the lists and had to add his name, etc.   It should not have to be that way.   Many of the names they did have on their lists didn't even make sense to be on them.

Edited by stardustmelody, 23 October 2013 - 11:16 AM.

• thuslyinformed and Cecilia like this

silverangel

silverangel

Senior Executive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,252 posts

AMEN to that.... vote vote vote...!!!!

• Superlovelexi likes this

• Guests

I'm not sure how Sheldon and Amy won a" sizzling chemistry" poll but that may be just me. I think" best chemistry "and "favorite chemistry" are two different things. Best would probably fit Sheldon/Amy better. I think Penny/Sheldon is a very unique case. People seem to like them together because it doesn't happen that often and when it does it either funny or poignant. Thats why they sort of fit into a favorite category.  In regards to Mayim you're sort going against your previous logic. Kaley has more scenes than Mayim on the show. In regards to the emmys Mayim fits into a supporting actress category. Kaley doesn't fit into any category.

Kaley fits into the Lead Actress Category at the Emmy's,. She is credited as a lead, paid as a lead, and has screen time as a lead. That she chooses to submit under Supporting is a different story.

Regarding the Sheldon/Penny chemistry, is important to know that "chemistry" between two characters is not a real thing. It is a completely subjective perception, for which "best chemistry" and "favorite chemistry" mean exactly the same. Because, again, is only a subjective perception. In my case, I don't see the supposedly "undeniable" chemistry between Sheldon & Penny and I never have. But again, that is MY perception.

And I do think that Mayim belongs on that list. Because it is about "favorite TV Comedy Actress" not "favorite lead actress with a lot of time onscreen tv comedy actress". There are other actresses on that list that are also supporting on their shows, so why not Mayim?

ETA: they also left Matt Smith outside of the Favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy actor category, while the whole cast of Vampire Diaries is there...  like WTF?!

Edited by Sursonica, 23 October 2013 - 11:49 AM.

• stardustmelody, AndyRenee and jennyferbrelaz like this

Cecilia

Cecilia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts
I don't think that best chemistry is a valid term. Best means that there is just one right answer. But who can decide what that answer is and based on what??So we are left with favourite chemistry which is plausible. For example my favourite chemistry is Sheldon/Amy(which I believe is the best too but this is just me), I like veryyyy much Sheldon/Howard and recently I descovered Howard/Amy have great dynamics. I enjoy Sheldon and Penny too but they were never my favourite.

As far as the actresses concern I didn't mind that Kaley was nominated but I would like for Mayim to be on the list maybe Melissa too.

Edited by Cecilia, 23 October 2013 - 11:47 AM.

• stardustmelody likes this

Chrismo

Chrismo

Senior Executive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

AGREE!  

Chrismo, I think many fans are getting sick of the show only acting like Kaley is the only female on the show.  She isn't.   Their are three actresses and the industry needs to start remembering that.   The ballots are skewed from the start and they should have had all three women on their as well as all the coupling possibilities on there for choices.   You can vote for five different ones which would have allowed people to vote for several options when it came to chemistry.  Why not have Sheldon/Leonard for chemistry or Amy/Howard for chemistry, etc.   Bottom line, is the ballots are not right in the first place and while they do allow write-in's, it would have been better to have been fair and have the lists be more comprehensive for ALL shows (not just BBT) than they way they did them.   I find them annoying.

I had the same problem that they left Benedict Cumberbatch off of all their lists and had to keep putting him on the list.  They left Simon off the lists and had to add his name, etc.   It should not have to be that way.   Many of the names they did have on their lists didn't even make sense to be on them.

I get it. You don't like Kaley. What fans are getting sick of the show acting like Kaley is the only female on the show? Shamy fans? The fact is she's been on from the beginning may be a reason.Most fans of the show know Mayim and Melissa are on the show.. This is the PEOPLES Choice awards not exactly an industry awards show like the emmys. There's 100's of possibilities for couples. They have to be narrowed somehow. I'm sorry you dont like the way it is done.

Chrismo

Chrismo

Senior Executive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Kaley fits into the Lead Actress Category at the Emmy's,. She is credited as a lead, paid as a lead, and has screen time as a lead. That she chooses to submit under Supporting is a different story.

Regarding the Sheldon/Penny chemistry, is important to know that "chemistry" between two characters is not a real thing. It is a completely subjective perception, for which "best chemistry" and "favorite chemistry" mean exactly the same. Because, again, is only a subjective perception. In my case, I don't see the supposedly "undeniable" chemistry between Sheldon & Penny and I never have. But again, that is MY perception.

And I do think that Mayim belongs on that list. Because it is about "favorite TV Comedy Actress" not "favorite lead actress with a lot of time onscreen tv comedy actress". There are other actresses on that list that are also supporting on their shows, so why not Mayim?

ETA: they also left Matt Smith outside of the Favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy actor category, while the whole cast of Vampire Diaries is there...  like WTF?!

I get Kaley fits the Lead actress category for the emmys. I didn't realize there was a certain pay that all leads get. I do understand that you don't get the chemistry between Sheldon/Penny. Best and favorite are two different words. Most people would say Pele may have been the best soccer player in the world. Those same people wouldn't necessarily say he was their favorite. I don't disagree about Mayim being nominated for" Favorite TV Comedy Actress" but again like a previous poster I'm not sure why all the hate for Kaley.(not "favorite lead actress with a lot of time onscreen tv comedy actress")

• Guests

I get Kaley fits the Lead actress category for the emmys. I didn't realize there was a certain pay that all leads get. I do understand that you don't get the chemistry between Sheldon/Penny. Best and favorite are two different words. Most people would say Pele may have been the best soccer player in the world. Those same people wouldn't necessarily say he was their favorite. I don't disagree about Mayim being nominated for" Favorite TV Comedy Actress" but again like a previous poster I'm not sure why all the hate for Kaley.(not "favorite lead actress with a lot of time onscreen tv comedy actress")

I'm sorry, but where did I say that "I hate Kaley" or anything of the sort on my post? I never even said that she shouldn't have been nominated, I just said that Mayim should have as well. And FYI just as Kaley is your favorite, some other people have Mayim as our favorite. And since the award is for "favorite TV actress" I don't see why I couldn't get MY favorite actress on the show nominated too if I wanted to.

My line (not "favorite lead actress with a lot of time onscreen tv comedy actress") was referred to your previous post of saying that Kaley should be nominated above Mayim merely for the fact that she has more screen time. And I supported my statement saying that there are other supporting actresses on the list, so why not Mayim. Please don't put words in my mouth.

And yes, there is a pay that leads get on this show, reason my Kaley gets paid more than 12 times what Mayim is paid. Kaley, Johnny and Jim are signed as leads, Kunal, Simon, Melissa & Mayim as supporting, with Kunal & Simon making more than double the money Melisas & Mayim make. I didn't make that up.

Edited by Sursonica, 23 October 2013 - 12:35 PM.

Cecilia

Cecilia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts
Why would anybody hate Kaley?? I get it that there are people that *hate* (this is such a heavy word) people they don't actually know in person but I wish to believe that they not as many as the Shamy fans!!! Best/favourite as far as actors and actresses concern is different and it is only logical that the audience gets to choose their favourite actress and not the best one.
What I got from what stardustmelody said is that in her opinion Mayim and Melissa don't get as much credit as Kaley but never said that Kaley doesn't deserve the credit she is getting. I could be really wrong here but I really think that nothing was said as an insult on Kaley.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: peoples choice awards, the big bang theory, casts, nomination, award show, jim parsons, johnny galecki, mayim bialik, kaley cuoco, melissa rauch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users