Popular Pages on the Main Site:   Next Episode | Official Merchandise | Sheldon Quotes | Latest News | Episode Guide

Welcome to The Big Bang Theory Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

TBBT Movie Scripts Available !

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Sanja

Sanja

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Oh, and the German forum (where one can seemingly download episode scripts, havent tried it):

http://www.big-bang-forum.de/

:)

Hi there, my name is Sanja and I'm from Germany.

I just stumbled upon a thread where this was posted and saw your comment regarding the script download and hope I can contribute with my following infos.

Not very long ago I too noticed this German TBBT fan site / forum and was very happy to find out that they offer movie scripts of the show.

And I can confirm:
big-bang-forum.de offers The Big Bang Theory movie scripts with the original english dialog (as PDF files). :)

Until now they offer the complete first season (all 17 episodes as one file or each episode separately) in their download area. The file for the complete first season can be downloaded here.

I noticed the Big Bang Forum also just recently, because even though The Big Bang Theory gets its third season in September in the States, Germany is unfortunately way behind and the first season just aired for the first time on July 11th 2009.
Therefore most Germans noticing this super-awesome show just for only a few weeks now. So it's still fairly unknown to date in Germany, but I am pretty sure the show will be loved as much as well there, after they saw the whole first season.
I myself already know both seasons inside out. :icon_cool: I am a huge fan.

To polish up my english I like to watch shows and have the dialog in written form, so that I can look up words I don't know in the dictionary. That helps me a lot. And it's great to now have this possibility with my favorite TV show of all times. TBBT ROCKS :)

And becaue I wanted to know when the movie scripts for the second season will be available at the Big Bang Forum, I just took a shot and wrote an e-mail to the webmaster there.
The response came very quickly and I was told that they start working on them pretty soon and therefore the movie scripts for season 2 will be online shortly.

It's pretty cool that they allow the scripts to be downloaded by everyone and not just members, because it's often hard, resp. impossible to manage a registration process when you don't speak the language.
I once tried to register at a french forum and that was an, like Sheldon would say, "unmitigated disaster", LOL!

Hope my info was helpful.

Cheers,
Sanja

FlutterVertigo

FlutterVertigo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts
Oh, and the German forum (where one can seemingly download episode scripts, havent tried it): http://www.big-bang-forum.de/ I've already sent feedback to the site, but those aren't scripts and they aren't screenplays. They are transcripts. The formal understanding about scripts is they are the complete information as used on the set - as in what's used to film an episode. There are a lot of people looking for scripts, as they contain a lot of necessary info which does not appear in transcripts. cheers.

FemaleNerd

FemaleNerd

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
Interesting terminology, thanks for sharing! But while it makes sense to me that non-native speakers are interested in transcripts of the show, why would you wanna have scripts/screenplays? You can watch the show and see what they did...? Just curious...

Sanja

Sanja

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

But while it makes sense to me that non-native speakers are interested in transcripts of the show, why would you wanna have scripts/screenplays? You can watch the show and see what they did...? Just curious...

Exactly this is my question as well.
I myself was glad to find, as you call them, "transcripts", because as a German I have the need to read the words to then look them up what they mean.

I myself, and all friends of mine, are only interested in the pure dialog. And by the way, the word "transcript" is totally new to me, resp. in the context of the files what the Big Bang Forum offers. Since I can remember I only use the words "script" and "screenplay" to find dialog documents and the ones I find are as well only dialog, just like the ones at the Big Bang Forum.

So for me they offered exactly what I wanted, I see no point in having a real screenplay with all the action as well written down, unless you are a film student and you can see this as a template on how to write a screenplay with all the details and actions and therefore use it as a wayto study film making.

I imagine most people around the world only want the pure dialog, 'cause I assume the majority are no film students. :icon_cheesygrin:

zedlord

zedlord

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

I imagine most people around the world only want the pure dialog, 'cause I assume the majority are no film students. :icon_cheesygrin:

I would assume that too. I understand transcripts are usefull but I don't want to check "every word" in transcript it spoil all the fun of watching.
I think I know English pretty well, you can prove me wrong, and i don't translate transcripts only sometimes I check up some words.
I would be more interested in script, screenplay to see what was supposed to be in episode but wasn't and read every scene on paper.
He stand here, she stand there, tv is on, pen is on table or so ever.
I wish to read something like this on BBT or other great series.

Sanja

Sanja

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
I once again stopped by the Big Bang Forum site and saw that they now have the whole second season scripts (or transcripts) online. :)

Here are the links to all the files:

s01e01, s01e02, s01e03, s01e04, s01e05, s01e06, s01e07, s01e08, s01e09, s01e10, s01e11, s01e12, s01e13, s01e14, s01e15, s01e16, s01e17

Full Package (s01e01 to s01e17)

s02e01, s02e02, s02e03, s02e04, s02e05, s02e06, s02e07, s02e08, s02e09, s02e10, s02e11, s02e12, s02e13, s02e14, s02e15, s02e16, s02e17, s02e18, s02e19, s02e20, s02e21, s02e22, s02e23

Full Package (s02e01 to s02e23)

I already downloaded them myself and now I can start to really understand what they said in season two, hehe. My thanks to the guys from the BBF. :)

Shel_Ra_Ho_Le

Shel_Ra_Ho_Le

SHAMY 4EVER!

• Valued Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts
When will we see or will we see S3 transcripts?

Thanks

melyanna

melyanna

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
I love reading scripts! I am really interested in this form of writing and I always like to get a glimpse of the "making of" of things.
Thank you so much for sharing! I hope that they'll put upS3 scripts soon.

Sanja

Sanja

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

When will we see or will we see S3 transcripts?

Thanks

I'm pretty sure they'll work on them as well, as they did for season 1 and 2. :icon_cool:
I will keep my eyes open in the Big Bang Forum and will post here to let you all know when they have released downloads for season 3.

I myself am eager for the scripts of season 3. :)
Which, by the way, is a great season so far, just awesome, The Big Bang Theory rules big time.

Steve

Steve

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
In the meantime, you can download the subtitles to catch anything you might have missed:

http://www.tvsubtitl...show-154-3.html

Steve

Sanja

Sanja

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Great news! The guys from the BIG BANG FORUM finally uploaded the scripts/transcripts of season 3, for everyone to download. :icon_biggrin:

I just got a circular PM there and they announced that the scripts are now online. They also apologized that it took so long. :icon_redface:

For your convenience, Here are the links to all the files:

s03e01, s03e02, s03e03, s03e04, s03e05, s03e06, s03e07, s03e08, s03e09, s03e10, s03e11, s03e12, s03e13, s03e14, s03e15, s03e16, s03e17, s03e18, s03e19, s03e20, s03e21, s03e22, s03e23

Full Package (s03e01 to s03e23)

Now I know what I'll do the next couple of days, I'll do a Blu-ray TBBT season 3 re-run, now with the help of these fine scripts. :icon_cheesygrin:

Fun fact: I just saw the counter there, the season 1 and 2 scripts alone were already downloaded over 80,000 times, WOW!

BBTfan

BBTfan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts
Thanks for bringing these over! Great addition.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users