Popular Pages on the Main Site:   Next Episode | Official Merchandise | Sheldon Quotes | Latest News | Episode Guide

Welcome to The Big Bang Theory Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Why doesn't Sheldon drive?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

MILLENNIUMTEACHER

MILLENNIUMTEACHER

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Did he miss out on the opportunity to learn when he was a Ph.D. student at age 16 or is it another reason?
< else />

FemaleNerd

FemaleNerd

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
Watch the "Euclid Alternative", season 2, episode 5. It's all explained there :)

MILLENNIUMTEACHER

MILLENNIUMTEACHER

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Oh okay I will thanks.

Waffles~~~

Waffles~~~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
To make things easier: I not sure but for what I understood I guess that driving it's the only thing that Sheldon suck at it (I mean, besides humam relations) xD In the end of the episode he says that he's too evolved to drive.

horizonrusted

horizonrusted

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
So he thinks driving is too pedestrian?

Convict13

Convict13

Where are we? Damfino!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts
He is too evolved.

Moon_Pie

Moon_Pie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

I think the pedestrian thing is just an act.....In fact he just sucks at driving and doesn't want ot make a fool of himself :icon_cool:

Moonbase

Moonbase

Laser on stun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,410 posts

I think the pedestrian thing is just an act.....In fact he just sucks at driving and doesn't want ot make a fool of himself :icon_cool:

Spot on. Sheldon can never be wrong. His whole existence revolves around self belief. So he simply ignores anything which contradicts this. Or berates subjects he has no experience in, like Biology, Geology and sex.

I love the episode where Raj and Sheldon are working together. S3 E4 - The Pirate Solution. The argument is classic! When Raj blows a raspberry, I just die.

Moon_Pie

Moon_Pie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Spot on. Sheldon can never be wrong. His whole existence revolves around self belief. So he simply ignores anything which contradicts this. Or berates subjects he has no experience in, like Biology, Geology and sex.

I love the episode where Raj and Sheldon are working together. S3 E4 - The Pirate Solution. The argument is classic! When Raj blows a raspberry, I just die.

Maybe he should use the "scientific curiosity" and explore those domains too....:icon_lol:

Oh yeah that episode is hilarious. They just can't get along.

Moonbase

Moonbase

Laser on stun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,410 posts

Maybe he should use the "scientific curiosity" and explore those domains too....:icon_lol:

Oh yeah that episode is hilarious. They just can't get along.

It's my favourite episode between Raj and Sheldon. He respects him, rather reluctantly and accepts Raj was right but won't admit he was wrong. A contradiction if ever there was one.

I don't think it will be science to lead Sheldon out of his repression. I have a theory he has an 'archives heel' of some sort.

Moon_Pie

Moon_Pie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

I have a theory he has an 'archives heel' of some sort.

Oh...what does this theory consist of? :icon_cheesygrin: please give some details.

cbolt

cbolt

Senior Executive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts
well since he's always thinking and driving is react that wouldn't be a good mix and so that's why he doesn't, plus he is too evolved

Moonbase

Moonbase

Laser on stun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,410 posts

Oh...what does this theory consist of? :icon_cheesygrin: please give some details.

LOL! urm, i dunno ... :shy:.

An innocent comment or touch. A weakness, like his ears or something that triggers the right moment. It would have to take him by surprise or he would think his way out of it. To be fair, I have no idea if they will even go there with Sheldon. But if they do I have a feeling it won't be ordinary.

Moon_Pie

Moon_Pie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

LOL! urm, i dunno ... :shy:.

An innocent comment or touch. A weakness, like his ears or something that triggers the right moment. It would have to take him by surprise or he would think his way out of it. To be fair, I have no idea if they will even go there with Sheldon. But if they do I have a feeling it won't be ordinary.

You know what, I thought about this too. He MUST have some sort of weak point, he's only human. Maybe it's Penny :icon_cheesygrin:...the weak point i mean. There's incredible chemistry between these two, they'll make a great couple, much better than with Leonard.

cbolt

cbolt

Senior Executive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts
They do have great chemistry but not sure what that has to do with him driving.

Moon_Pie

Moon_Pie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts
That's his weak spot together with the "not being able to drive" thing. Maybe some people just aren't meant to drive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users