stardustmelody

X-Files

41 posts in this topic

Posted

Thanks for that!

I'd seen an earlier teaser they'd released that had a bunch of older footage from the series with just a second of M&S wielding their flashlights, but this one seems to be all new footage. :)

Arduina and stardustmelody like this

Posted

The X-files was such a great show. It’s the only show besides TBBT that I’ve ever read fanfic for. I’m actually fully spoiler free for the revival, which is not easy. The last couple seasons of the show were not the greatest, but I’m still hoping for the best with these new episodes.

Arduina and mirs1 like this

Posted

I cant wait to watch the X-files. I just got the series :)

I've wanted to watch it for years.

Posted

Im a big fan haha of X-Files.. Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

Posted

Used to be a huge fan!

I was a chat moderator on the biggest French boards about it in the late 90's and early 2000's and ... I met my husband there ;)

I even got to organize the first ever French Scully Marathon in Paris for 4 years in a row :)

I was pretty disappointed in season 9 especially about how they distroyed Scully making her a whining little thing.

Don't even get me started on the 2nd movie :/

But I'm eager and curious about the new season!

RJ1013 likes this

Posted

Bouncing up and down :)

I know it's on tv tonight in the US but as a huge "ancient" (lol) fan, I've been invited by the French TV that used to broadcast it to attend a premiere of the first episode at their headquarters tomorrow night with 9 other fans :)

Can't wait !!!!

mirs1 and RJ1013 like this

Posted

6 hours ago, Arduina said:

Bouncing up and down :)

I know it's on tv tonight in the US but as a huge "ancient" (lol) fan, I've been invited by the French TV that used to broadcast it to attend a premiere of the first episode at their headquarters tomorrow night with 9 other fans :)

Can't wait !!!!

I'm SO EXCITED!

I have only (accidentally) seen the trailer twice, I'm going in zero spoilers and I can. not. wait. !

!!

RJ1013 likes this

Posted

I've been eagerly awaiting the revival episodes! Like Einstein von Brainstorm, I'm also spoiler free. After years of watching this show, I'm going into it hoping for the best, but I'm not sure what to expect. The last couple seasons and the second movie were not the greatest. I'm still super excited. Can't wait to hear the opening theme play.

hazelra7 likes this

Posted

3 minutes ago, Rule 34 said:

I've been eagerly awaiting the revival episodes! Like Einstein von Brainstorm, I'm also spoiler free. After years of watching this show, I'm going into it hoping for the best, but I'm not sure what to expect. The last couple seasons and the second movie were not the greatest. I'm still super excited. Can't wait to hear the opening theme play.

The X Files is like Sex or Pizza, even a bad episode is pretty good :wink:

We didn't have spoilers back in the day, I had to buy sci fi magazines and hope that they had tidbits, I had no internet - HOW did I survive?!

RJ1013 and hazelra7 like this

Posted

I am WAY unspoiled on this one, and about to watch!! I can't wait. I used to be a rapid X-file fan back in the day.  The world stopped on Friday, and then when they moved it, Sunday.  This was before DVD, so no pause.  If anyone interrupted X-files, they were dead to me.  I can't wait!!  WOOHOO!!!

I think I would have written MASSIVE amount of FF if I knew about it back then!  I was hot for Mulder and wanted to be Scully.  God, I am stoked!!

Posted

1 minute ago, hazelra7 said:

I am WAY unspoiled on this one, and about to watch!! I can't wait. I used to be a rapid X-file fan back in the day.  The world stopped on Friday, and then when they moved it, Sunday.  This was before DVD, so no pause.  If anyone interrupted X-files, they were dead to me.  I can't wait!!  WOOHOO!!!

I think I would have written MASSIVE amount of FF if I knew about it back then!  I was hot for Mulder and wanted to be Scully.  God, I am stoked!!

I taped them all (on VHS! #old person alert) and actually wore my tapes out :rofl: didn't even think that was possible! 

Posted

9 hours ago, hazelra7 said:

X-Files fanfiction is really good. I've read entirely too much of it over the years.

How'd you guys like the first episode? 

I thought it felt a bit disjointed and rushed, but it was still amazing to see these characters again. I'm hoping the episodes that weren't written by Chris Carter will be better. Carter might have a touch of the George Lucas syndrome.

Posted

Thought I'd pop in here.  The X-files had a 11.1 Houshold Rating(HH).  For comparison, the Last  new TBBT had a 10.7 HH rating.   In the Top 25 markets, TXF, had a 6.9 demo. Again, for comparison, TBBT had a 3.9 for its last episode.  Just remember, the NFC championship game had a 27.3 Household Rating, with a 43 share, giving TXF a pretty big boost.  I'll get the demo and viewers when they come in. 

mirs1 likes this

Posted

Numbers are in. TXF had a 5.1(18-49 demo) with 13.57 million viewers.  It's 18-34 demo was a 3.8, and its 25-54 demo was 6.0.  For comparison, the last new TBBT episode brought in a 3.8 demo with 15.75 million viewers. TBBT. 18-34 demo was 2.2 with the 25-54 demo at 5.4.  

Again, please remember the football game l, which lead into TXF had a 12.5 demo, with 34.37 million viewers.  It's 18-34 demo was a 10.4 and its 25-54 demo was 14.1.   TBBT lead in are local productions.  

mirs1 likes this

Posted

8 hours ago, Rule 34 said:

X-Files fanfiction is really good. I've read entirely too much of it over the years.

How'd you guys like the first episode? 

I thought it felt a bit disjointed and rushed, but it was still amazing to see these characters again. I'm hoping the episodes that weren't written by Chris Carter will be better. Carter might have a touch of the George Lucas syndrome.

A touch?! He's so mental that they should rename it Chris Carter syndrome!

I liked it but I think I'm just a bit too old and cynical to believe anymore. When I watched the original run I fully believed that the American government was running an alien conspiracy :rofl: 

And that last scene with Cancer Man, ugh, no. just no, :no: 

RJ1013 likes this

Posted

I was so confused.  What did I miss?  I thought the finale wrapped up the gov is working with aliens thing. Also, Cancer man is dead.  I am missing a lot here... Am I stupid or did they just throw canon out the window?  What the actual hell is going on. 

Also Mulder needs therapy and I didnt like the guy flirting with Skully and then the next scene she is riding with him drinking champagne.  WHAT THE HELL!?

I need to see more before I pass judgement.  I am not clear why Mulder is depressed.  I need more data... LOTS MORE.   But so far... meh...

RJ1013 likes this

Posted

X-Files was the very first show I was super "into." I'm totally stoked about the reboot. Yeah, I'm a little confused as well, Hazelra. It seems like they're totally rewriting the mythology. I'm holding my opinion until I have more information, but so far, about the only thing I'm liking is the upgraded cgi effects. That UFO crash in episode 1? Totally awesome. 

Posted

The first episode had so much exposition that it was hard to follow it all. The conspiracy stuff is only compelling when it has at least some hint of believability, but there was so much tossed in there that it just seemed nuts. I’m still not entirely sure how any of it resulted in the X-files being reopened. 

I enjoyed the second episode a lot more! It felt so much like a classic episode. Scully autopsy, Mulder jokes, some grossly weird stuff, a reasonable hint of conspiracy and an interesting investigation. They even managed to tie the story into a solid mention of William. I’m much more enthusiastic for the rest of the season now.

Posted (edited)

The 2nd Ep is so much better, but Skully needs to drink a cup of coffee.  Not till she yelled at Mulder did I think she had a pulse.  Gillian is playing this so deadpan.  I know she's not like that.  Probably because they wanted to pay her HALF what they paid David Duchovney.  Yes... half... WOW...

Edited by hazelra7

Posted

20 hours ago, hazelra7 said:

I was so confused.  What did I miss?  I thought the finale wrapped up the gov is working with aliens thing. Also, Cancer man is dead.  I am missing a lot here... Am I stupid or did they just throw canon out the window?  What the actual hell is going on. 

Also Mulder needs therapy and I didnt like the guy flirting with Skully and then the next scene she is riding with him drinking champagne.  WHAT THE HELL!?

I need to see more before I pass judgement.  I am not clear why Mulder is depressed.  I need more data... LOTS MORE.   But so far... meh...

Cancer man (I hated that part!) has all scars all over his face and the cave he was in was blown up in the end wasn't it? I didn't do the 200 days of XF catch up thing so I'm a bit lost on that too.

I presume he's depressed cus William is gone :( 

Posted

Depressed over the baby is fine, but he seemed more depressed over the lack of answers than losing his kid.  Then I saw Ep 2 and I take it back. So its better.  More unqualified judgement coming after tonight, but I want my X-files humor back!  I want banter and sexual tension!  GIMME!!

Posted

I really liked them :) I totally was unspoiled except for the relationship status.

I had a huge smile all along My Struggle. Lucky me got to see it on the big screen in the M6 Auditorium at a press presentation. We had a cocktail before, felt like a VIP lol.

I was really surprised that they kept the original credit opener, loved it :).

I liked the "Easter Eggs" that only old fans could get like the pencils up the ceiling, the I want to believe poster ...

I was upset as well about the whole "guy liking Scully and champagne drinking" stuff. What the Hell ???

Oh and Skinner REEEEEALLY should go and see an optician, having the same glasses for 20 years ain't good :p

The second episode really smelled like a good old X-Files looner :)

Unfortunately I got spoiled big time because they showed a making ofright after the episode :p

Posted

I thought episode 3 was the best of the new season so far. 

The comedic episodes were always some of my favorites, and this could’ve easily fit right into the older seasons and not felt out of place at all. There was something slightly off about Mulder and Scully’s characters in the first two episodes, but in this one they seemed just like I remember them from years ago. I agree with Scully. “That’s how I like my Mulder.”

I thought the storyline was clever and hilarious. There were so many quotable lines and references to little things that happened in previous seasons. It was so much fun to watch.

So now we’ve had an incomprehensible mythology ep, a gross investigation ep, and a monster comedy ep. That’s definitely the X-files the way I remember it :)

Posted

The best thing about the X-Files reboot is that people are making XF gifs and memes now :rofl: 

tumblr_nolr31PEvo1re0c97o1_400.gif.9c682