Tripper

episodes
903 - The Bachelor Party Corrosion (October 5)

141 posts in this topic

Posted

It would not be too big of a surprise if a rusty bolt twisted off. In fact that is something one wants to be careful about if using an extension on a wrench. Don't think I have ever seen someone use an extension as long as the one Howard used. It was just a van after all. Not heavy equipment.

Oh in my my case I didnt mean the bolt snapped I mean the wrench broke. 

Posted

Well I laughed out loud at the burning van, probably the simplest joke in the season. I took all their attempts to loosen the nut as they came, only after the end of the episode did I think WD40?

It occured to me that Penny's dad not telling her that her pet pig died rather echoed Leonard's mother not telling him his pet dog died some seasons back. I can't imagine anything else Wyatt and Beverly would have in common.

Posted

Re eating Penny's pet pigs: Penny said that when the first one died "We ate it". When the second died Penny wasn't there, and her family might have been reluctant to eat it without her.

Posted

Moon dance ain't dancing anymore. Lol. Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Posted

This is the latest episode shown in the UK so far. As many posters have said, it was great that it didn't have any relationship drama. As of now, Penny and Leonard appear to be happily married and Amy and Sheldon appear to be happily (for them) separated. Wouldn't it be great if the rest of this season could leave those relationships just where they are and give us funny drama-free episodes like this one. As I remember it, Sheldon didn't mention Amy once this episode. Keep it up. Of course, there can be a lot of problems with comic possibilities in P&L starting properly living together, but I hope they won't affect their relationship.

Posted

As many posters have said, it was great that it didn't have any relationship drama.

Yes, I noticed that, and it was a blessed relief after the first two episodes.

I'm really dreading episode episodes 5 and 7.

Posted

This rather passed me by the first time I watched this episode, but the 2nd time I realised that what Penny casually tells Leonard in the last scene is that Amy's crazy mother ordered her to shut herself in a closet - and she did it. Surely this makes Amy crazy too - literally certifiable. We need to see Beverley take Amy apart. Which reminds me - does Beverley know Leonard and Penny are married, or was Sheldon too caught up in his own affairs to inform her?

The closet incident creates an inconsistency in Penny's character - she was very active and take-charge over calling Amy's mother, but when Amy wanted to get crazy in her closet she passively let her. I can't see Penny doing that.

Posted

Found this story related to the van.

From From supercolliders to robot lungs Physicist Seamus Blackley looks back at the trajectory of his career. 20 November 2015

Anyway, I've always been a huge devotee of Feynman. And I have a group of physics guys that I hang out with. I was talking with Michael Shermer [science historian and writer and founder of the Skeptics Society] about my Feynman worship issues, and he said, "You should meet Ralph." [Ralph Leighton is the son of Robert Leighton, a colleague of Feynman's.] I knew about the van, and Shermer said it was somewhere in a book warehouse. It belongs to Ralph, and I took it upon myself to restore the van.

PT: What's the status?

BLACKLEY: It's under way. When Michelle [Feynman] came, it was really emotional. She told how she went camping in the van with her dad. "And there are the hooks over the driver's seat." I didn't know what the hooks were for, but that's where she would put a hammock.

There are a lot of shops around that do restoration of expensive vehicles. The guy who was doing an old Lamborghini looked at Feynman's 1974 Dodge van and wondered, "Why would you restore this?" And then I tell the story of Feynman and the Manhattan Project, and suddenly everyone wants to do it for free. It's a great project.

The goal is to get it to the Smithsonian, where it needs to be, with a holographic animation of Richard Feynman sitting in the driver's seat.

Posted

Thanks, djsurrey. That whole article is really interesting and well worth reading. 

Posted (edited)

Penny pierced Amy's ears, and fit earring for her, but Amy was wearing earrings, way back in Season 8, The Prom Equivalency huh.gif 

Edited by Stephen Hawking

Posted

They could have been clip-ons

Posted (edited)

17 hours ago, Gbb said:

They could have been clip-ons

I couldn't see any bar, connecting the front and back.

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I couldn't see any bar, connecting the front and back.

There exist also magnetic clip-ons...I've tried them and they actually look exactly like hearings one wears with pierced ears.

Edited by mirs1
Gbb likes this

Posted (edited)

On 11/5/2015 at 10:41 PM, JohnPhD said:

It occurred to me that Penny's dad not telling her that her pet pig died rather echoed Leonard's mother not telling him his pet dog died some seasons back.on.

Or indeed, that his uncle died.

Also, Wyatt called Penny Slugger but, in The Maternal Capacitance, Penny tells Beverly that Wyatt hasn't called her Slugger, since she got her first training bra.