Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Episode 1.02 The Big Bran Hypothesis

26 posts in this topic

Posted

CBS has announced the second episode of The Big Bang Theory which will air 1st October."The Big Bran Hypothesis" - Leonard volunteers to sign for a package, hoping to make a good impression on Penny. When he enlists the help of his obsessive-compulsive roommate, Sheldon, his attempt at chivalry goes horribly awry, on THE BIG BANG THEORY, Monday, Oct. 1 (8:30-9:00 ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.You can find the full episode information on [episode:102]The Big Bran Hypothesis in our Episode Guide[/episode].

abormoumb likes this

Posted

CBS has announced the second episode of The Big Bang Theory which will air 1st October. "The Big Bran Hypothesis" - Leonard volunteers to sign for a package, hoping to make a good impression on Penny. When he enlists the help of his obsessive-compulsive roommate, Sheldon, his attempt at chivalry goes horribly awry, on THE BIG BANG THEORY, Monday, Oct. 1 (8:30-9:00 ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. You can find the full episode information on [episode:102]The Big Bran Hypothesis in our Episode Guide[/episode].

That sounds very funny, I wonder what the package is :icon_biggrin:

Posted

Sounds like a good episode and only two weeks before it airs.

Posted

Thanks, they're great.

Posted

This sounds like a great episode. Hopefully there is more Kaley in this one.

Posted

Looking at the previews I think there will be more Kaley in this episode.

Posted

Less than 6 hours to go :D

Posted

We'll post all the ratings for Episode 1.02 right here. The preliminary numbers should pop up around early morning (Eastern U.S. Time), with more numbers in the afternoon.

Posted

It was a great episode. Its so good to be able to see it in Canada now :D I thought the episode was very funny, we saw a lot more of Penny - she also had more attitudes and wasn't just the smiley perky being we saw throughout the Pilot.

Posted

The first indications of the ratings are out and look reasonably well: http://the-big-bang-theory.com/story/120/Episode+1.02+Ratings%3A+First+Look/ Down 8% from last week, which is usual for a new show (people check it out the first week out of interest), and built on How I Met Your Mother's 3.2 rating in 18-49 finishing with a 3.4 rating, placing CBS second in the hour.

Posted

8.58 million viewers; 5.9% of US households watched; 9% of US households watching TV watched this; #2 show in the timeslot.

Posted

Those numbers look very good, here's hoping CBS agree and keep the show on a long time!

Posted

Thought it be a good idea to try to get us inot the Season 5 mindset, that maybe we should rehash an episode a day until the season premier?

This episode is where I fell in love with TBBT

With Leonard and his sarcasm sign

Sheldon lecturing Leonard about the fact women hear higher pitch more easily due to evolution

and who could forget the first really LOL quote of TBBT

Leonard: Do you realize if Penny wakes up there's no reasonable explanation to why we are here?

Sheldon: I just gave you a reasonable explanation.

Leonard: No, no. You gave me an explanation. Its reasonableness will be determined by a jury of your peers.

Sheldon: Don't be silly, I have no peers

Then Howard's foray into our hearts

"Grab a napkin homey, you just got served"

Posted

Helloooooooooo big bran !!

Posted

Creepy Sheldon will sneak into your house while your asleep and clean.

When you wake up there will be no trace of him except a more tidier house. :fi_lone_ranger:

Love this episode! :icon_lol:

Posted

When you wake up there will be no trace of him except a more tidier house. :fi_lone_ranger:

A great episode. If you have time to lean, you have time to clean...

Posted

A great episode. If you have time to lean, you have time to clean...

I was watching a comic on tv recently and he pulled out this line, and I know where that is from. Great episode, love how they overcomplicated the TV Unit.

Posted

Great gif's from a very funny episode thanx :fi_lone_ranger:

Posted

Some gifs:

2TheBigBranHypothesis7.gif

tumblr_l8idoyZPKI1qdubemo1_400.gif

tumblr_lvc0nh2edj1r5sn1vo3_250.gif

tumblr_lya27syu5W1qjstdno1_500.gif

Awesome gifs! The one with Leonard holding aloft his lightsabre got me laughing..!

Posted

This is my favourite episode to date. Just perfectly executed and sooo funny.

"If you have time to lean, you have time to clean." - instant classic. :icon_lol:

Posted

This is my favourite episode to date. Just perfectly executed and sooo funny.

"If you have time to lean, you have time to clean." - instant classic. :icon_lol:

I agree with you. I just watched it hundred of times and every time I enjoy as it is first time I watch it.

Berliner likes this

Posted

This is the best episode of Season 1 for me. I lauged so hard *LOL*

my favourite dialogues:

Howard: (speaks a phrase in Russian). (he said: Ты очень красивая девушка -> You´re a very pretty girl (I think it was nice but I know how horny Howard was *LOL*)

Penny: I’m sorry?

Howard: Haven’t you ever been told how beautiful you are in flawless Russian?

Penny: No, I haven’t.

Howard: Get used to it. (*LOL* Howard Howard Howard :D)

Penny: Yeah, I probably won’t,

and I loved this one about Superman:

Sheldon: You realise that scene was rife with scientific inaccuracy.

Penny: Yes, I know, men can’t fly.

Sheldon: Oh no, let’s assume that they can. Lois Lane is falling, accelerating at an initial rate of 32 feet per second per second. Superman swoops down to save her by reaching out two arms of steel. Miss Lane, who is now travelling at approximately 120 miles per hour, hits them, and is immediately sliced into three equal pieces.

Leonard: Unless, Superman matches her speed and decelerates.

Sheldon: In what space, sir, in what space? She’s two feet above the ground. Frankly, if he really loved her, he’d let her hit the pavement. It would be a more merciful death.

Leonard: Excuse me, your entire argument is predicated on the assumption that Superman’s flight is a feat of strength.

Sheldon: Are you listening to yourself, it is well established that Superman’s flight is a feat of strength, it is an extension of his ability to leap tall buildings, an ability he derives from Earth’s yellow Sun.

Howard: Yeah, and you don’t have a problem with that, how does he fly at night.

Sheldon: Uh, a combination of the moon’s solar reflection and the energy storage capacity of Kryptonian skin cells.

Penny: I’m just going to go wash up.

Leonard: I have 26 hundred comic books in there, I challenge you to find a single reference to Kryptonian skin cells.

Sheldon: Challenge accepted. (Tries door.) We’re locked out.

and this one:

Leonard: Okay, her apartment’s on the fourth floor but the elevator’s broken so you’re going to have to (delivery man leaves) oh, you’re just going to be done, okay, cool, thanks. I guess we’ll just bring it up ourselves.

Sheldon: I hardly think so.

Leonard: Why not?

Sheldon: Well, we don’t have a dolly, or lifting belts, or any measurable upper body strength.

Leonard: We don’t need strength, we’re physicists. We are the intellectual descendents of Archimedes. Give me a fulcrum and a lever and I can move the Earth, it’s just a matter… (starts to move package) I don’t have this… I don’t have this I don’t have this.

Sheldon: Archimedes would be so proud.

Leonard: Do you have any ideas?

Sheldon: Yes, but they all involve a green lantern and a power ring.

Time shift, Leonard and Sheldon are now lowering the package onto the bottom of the stairs.

Leonard: Easy, easy (package falls) Okay! Now we’ve got an inclined plane. The force required to lift is reduced by the sine of the angle of the stairs, call it thirty degrees, so about half.

Sheldon: Exactly half.

Leonard (snarkily): Exactly half. Let’s push. Okay, see, it’s moving, this is easy, all in the math.

Sheldon: What’s your formula for the corner.

Leonard: What? Oh, okay, uh, okay, yeah, no problem, just come up here and help me pull and turn.

(Sheldon heads up the stairs. The package slides back down to the bottom.)

Sheldon: Ah, gravity, thou art a heartless bitch. *LOL*

and this one was funny:

Sheldon: No, it hurt… (looking around) Great Caesar’s Ghost, look at this place?

Leonard: So Penny’s a little messy.

Sheldon: A little messy? The Mandelbrot set of complex numbers is a little messy, this is chaos. Excuse me, explain to me an organisational system where a tray of flatware on a couch is valid. I’m just inferring that this is a couch, because the evidence suggests the coffee table’s having a tiny garage sale.

Leonard: Did it ever occur to you that not everyone has the compulsive need to sort, organise and label the entire world around them?

Sheldon: No.

Leonard: Well they don’t. Hard as it may be for you to believe, most people don’t sort their breakfast cereal numerically by fibre content.

Sheldon: Excuse me, but I think we’ve both found that helpful at times.

and I loved their "cleaning Pennys apartmen while she was sleeping action" (Sheldon is just crazy *LOL*)

and this one:

Sheldon: You have a sarcasm sign?

Leonard: No, I do not have a sarcasm sign.

Sheldon: Do you want some cereal. I’m feeling so good today I’m going to choose from the low fibre end of the shelf. Hello, Honey Puffs.

and one of my favourite moments was as Leonard was holding up the sarcasm sign *LOL*

And I loved the Raj/Howard hug (and I thought these two are kinda gay :D)

and this one was funny:

Penny: Guys, this is actually really simple.

Howard: Hold on, honey, men at work.  *LOL*

Berliner likes this