Popular Pages on the Main Site:   Next Episode | Official Merchandise | Sheldon Quotes | Latest News | Episode Guide

Welcome to The Big Bang Theory Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Episode 1.02 The Big Bran Hypothesis

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Bear Guy

Bear Guy

Ursus arctos horribilis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
Great gif's from a very funny episode thanx :fi_lone_ranger:
< else />

Miss Kitka

Miss Kitka

Soft Kitty, Warm Kitty, Little Ball Of Fur.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,052 posts

Some gifs:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awesome gifs! The one with Leonard holding aloft his lightsabre got me laughing..!

Berliner

Berliner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

This is my favourite episode to date. Just perfectly executed and sooo funny.

"If you have time to lean, you have time to clean." - instant classic. :icon_lol:

Lissie

Lissie

Senior Executive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts

This is my favourite episode to date. Just perfectly executed and sooo funny.

"If you have time to lean, you have time to clean." - instant classic. :icon_lol:

I agree with you. I just watched it hundred of times and every time I enjoy as it is first time I watch it.

• Berliner likes this

BlackWhiteRose

BlackWhiteRose

*loveTBBT*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

This is the best episode of Season 1 for me. I lauged so hard *LOL*

my favourite dialogues:

Howard: (speaks a phrase in Russian). (he said: Ты очень красивая девушка -> You´re a very pretty girl (I think it was nice but I know how horny Howard was *LOL*)

Penny: I’m sorry?

Howard: Haven’t you ever been told how beautiful you are in flawless Russian?

Penny: No, I haven’t.

Howard: Get used to it. (*LOL* Howard Howard Howard :D)

Penny: Yeah, I probably won’t,

and I loved this one about Superman:

Sheldon: You realise that scene was rife with scientific inaccuracy.

Penny: Yes, I know, men can’t fly.

Sheldon: Oh no, let’s assume that they can. Lois Lane is falling, accelerating at an initial rate of 32 feet per second per second. Superman swoops down to save her by reaching out two arms of steel. Miss Lane, who is now travelling at approximately 120 miles per hour, hits them, and is immediately sliced into three equal pieces.

Leonard: Unless, Superman matches her speed and decelerates.

Sheldon: In what space, sir, in what space? She’s two feet above the ground. Frankly, if he really loved her, he’d let her hit the pavement. It would be a more merciful death.

Leonard: Excuse me, your entire argument is predicated on the assumption that Superman’s flight is a feat of strength.

Sheldon: Are you listening to yourself, it is well established that Superman’s flight is a feat of strength, it is an extension of his ability to leap tall buildings, an ability he derives from Earth’s yellow Sun.

Howard: Yeah, and you don’t have a problem with that, how does he fly at night.

Sheldon: Uh, a combination of the moon’s solar reflection and the energy storage capacity of Kryptonian skin cells.

Penny: I’m just going to go wash up.

Leonard: I have 26 hundred comic books in there, I challenge you to find a single reference to Kryptonian skin cells.

Sheldon: Challenge accepted. (Tries door.) We’re locked out.

and this one:

Leonard: Okay, her apartment’s on the fourth floor but the elevator’s broken so you’re going to have to (delivery man leaves) oh, you’re just going to be done, okay, cool, thanks. I guess we’ll just bring it up ourselves.

Sheldon: I hardly think so.

Leonard: Why not?

Sheldon: Well, we don’t have a dolly, or lifting belts, or any measurable upper body strength.

Leonard: We don’t need strength, we’re physicists. We are the intellectual descendents of Archimedes. Give me a fulcrum and a lever and I can move the Earth, it’s just a matter… (starts to move package) I don’t have this… I don’t have this I don’t have this.

Sheldon: Archimedes would be so proud.

Leonard: Do you have any ideas?

Sheldon: Yes, but they all involve a green lantern and a power ring.

Time shift, Leonard and Sheldon are now lowering the package onto the bottom of the stairs.

Leonard: Easy, easy (package falls) Okay! Now we’ve got an inclined plane. The force required to lift is reduced by the sine of the angle of the stairs, call it thirty degrees, so about half.

Sheldon: Exactly half.

Leonard (snarkily): Exactly half. Let’s push. Okay, see, it’s moving, this is easy, all in the math.

Sheldon: What’s your formula for the corner.

Leonard: What? Oh, okay, uh, okay, yeah, no problem, just come up here and help me pull and turn.

(Sheldon heads up the stairs. The package slides back down to the bottom.)

Sheldon: Ah, gravity, thou art a heartless bitch. *LOL*

and this one was funny:

Sheldon: No, it hurt… (looking around) Great Caesar’s Ghost, look at this place?

Leonard: So Penny’s a little messy.

Sheldon: A little messy? The Mandelbrot set of complex numbers is a little messy, this is chaos. Excuse me, explain to me an organisational system where a tray of flatware on a couch is valid. I’m just inferring that this is a couch, because the evidence suggests the coffee table’s having a tiny garage sale.

Leonard: Did it ever occur to you that not everyone has the compulsive need to sort, organise and label the entire world around them?

Sheldon: No.

Leonard: Well they don’t. Hard as it may be for you to believe, most people don’t sort their breakfast cereal numerically by fibre content.

Sheldon: Excuse me, but I think we’ve both found that helpful at times.

and I loved their "cleaning Pennys apartmen while she was sleeping action" (Sheldon is just crazy *LOL*)

and this one:

Sheldon: You have a sarcasm sign?

Leonard: No, I do not have a sarcasm sign.

Sheldon: Do you want some cereal. I’m feeling so good today I’m going to choose from the low fibre end of the shelf. Hello, Honey Puffs.

and one of my favourite moments was as Leonard was holding up the sarcasm sign *LOL*

And I loved the Raj/Howard hug (and I thought these two are kinda gay :D)

and this one was funny:

Penny: Guys, this is actually really simple.

Howard: Hold on, honey, men at work.  *LOL*

• Berliner likes this

Project Gorilla

Project Gorilla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

This episode for me is the true starting point for the show because all of the characters are on their way to becoming true to form. Penny with her (justifiably) firecracker temper who then later realizes that Sheldon (particularly Sheldon!) and Leonard aren't typical guys and shouldn't be treated as such. Leonard with his 'why me?' vulnerability and loyalty to his off-center roommate and Sheldon being his anal retentive self. And how can we forget conceited! 'I have no peers.' Just awesome!

What I loved was the differing dynamics between how Leonard sees/deals with Sheldon and how the rest of the world does via Penny's point of view. Leonard knew that cleaning Penny's apartment was insane (and illegal) but decided to assist Sheldon--and that's what I love about Leonard in the early seasons. His submission is not a weakness on his part; he knew there was no logical way to get Sheldon out of the apartment so he might as well ensure that the job gets done quickly--and hopefully without the involvement of the police! He could have just left Sheldon there but he doesn't. He won't abandon his friend, even in the midst of lunacy.  

It made me wonder what else Leonard had done over the previous two years of knowing Sheldon, what other 'crazy', illegal activities had the singer of classical music to lima beans committed with his whackadoodle roommate? As much as Sheldon's idiosyncrasies provide humour for the audience I'm quite sure there's at least a part of Leonard that gets a kick out of it, all exasperation aside. There's a warmth to their relationship because he understands Sheldon more than any person on the planet besides Mary Cooper. He takes care of Sheldon, which is why in a later season finale it's fitting Leonard is the last one to release the apron strings to let Sheldon stand on his own two feet.    

Penny's reaction to the violation is normal--but this is where normal comes face to face with the paradigm of Sheldon Cooper which is more concerned with order than legality. Penny's jaw drops, her anger becomes disbelief, at Sheldon's inquiry into her outrage: was her objection solely to their presence in the apartment while she was sleeping or was it merely an imposition of a new organisational paradigm? We know which one weighs more heavily in Sheldon's world. The other requires a discussion with his roommate.

This episode allowed us access into Sheldon's world (and Leonard's suffering one) but more importantly it showed us how Penny's world alters.  In the real world, intruders are burglars and rapists, She realizes that in the world of 4A intruders can also be heroes combating a messy apartment. She realizes that Sheldon and Leonard aren't jerks and that they really did mean well. They're not threatening,  Even Leonard, for all his 'liking' of Penny, is only there to get his roommate out of there as soon as possible. Her confirmation that the guys are 'different, but okay' comes at the end when the guys are preparing to assemble her shelf. Suggesting she'd take off all her clothes didn't even get a blink out of the gang. They're there to help *her* not help themselves *to* her. While it might be weird, perhaps endearing, to Penny I'm sure it was also refreshing.   

• Tensor likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users