Tensor

Poll
Should Amy Apologize to Sheldon

Should Amy Apologize to Sheldon.   91 members have voted

1. 1. Should Amy Apologize to Sheldon.

• Yes, Amy should apologize for the break up.
    • No, Amy should not apologize for the break up, she should only apologize or express regret for hurting him, and acknowledge that he suffered during their time apart.
    • No, Amy was within her rights to break up with him. She doesn't owe him an apology.
    • Not just no, but HELL NO, Sheldon could be an insulting ass and Amy should have conked him over the head with an iron skillet on her way out the door! Suffer, Sheldon, suffferrrrRRRrrrrRrrrRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!
    • DOES NOT COMPUTE. NO CUCUMBER. TECHNIQUILLY ILLOGICAL, KIRK.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

65 posts in this topic

Posted

I voted no, Amy was within her rights to break up with him. She doesn't owe him an apology.

I don't feel Amy should have to apologies for doing what she thought was best for her at the time.  According to Penny, Amy had been thinking about it, and I think Penny gave her the right advice. "Be true to herself and do what makes her happy".  She only asked for time originally, and Sheldon's actions is what brought about the breakup anyway. If he has given her space, would that have even happened? I just can't fault her really, we have all thought that the grass looked greener elsewhere... 

fixitmr, Boonaroma, Lionne and 4 others like this

Posted

27 minutes ago, Tensor said:

After lots of discussion in the Shamy thread, Lionne suggested there should be a poll on the above question.

Thanks, Tensor! I look forward to watching these results. 

Boonaroma likes this

Posted

6 minutes ago, rachelshamyfan said:

We need a "no let's move on" vote.....

Apparently the writers won't.

jenafan likes this

Posted

Just now, camelliayao said:

Apparently the writers won't.

Well why should they ignore outside repercussions?

Posted

hee! I voted (2), but I agree with mirs's addendum. Also 'Out of Cucumber Error' is one of my favourite bits of nonsense computer-speak ever. Terry Pratchett, gone (sob) but not forgotten.

jenafan, mirs1 and shamour like this

Posted

26 minutes ago, meka3000 said:

Well why should they ignore outside repercussions?

Well, we, or at least I, only started to think about the whole "Whether or not Amy should apologize" thing again since the last taping. Because the writers brought up the break up two episodes in a row (914 and 915). So forgive me for going back to the old topic, but they started it. 

2L344, wowbagger, jenafan and 2 others like this

Posted

I've gone for number 2, mainly because I think that's the way it will play out.  But Sheldon needs to as well.  They both made mistakes and they both hurt each other, however unintentionally.

nickelette424, jenafan, 910 and 6 others like this

Posted

4 minutes ago, April said:

This. I don't get the obsession about Amy apologising when Sheldon never apologised either and he certainly has a longer list of items to apologise for!

At the very least they need a fresh starting point which would be the reconciliation.  Both parties need to find a way to move forward and that means letting go of any lingering resentment.  The breakdown in communication that ultimately led to the breakup was committed by both parties, so while I think an apology is warranted by both parties, Amy could lead by example and acknowledge Sheldon's efforts post reconciliation to encourage him to continue such efforts, as well as find some way to reciprocate his efforts.  

Also, once Amy is made aware of how painful the separation was by Mee-Maw and during Valentine's Day (Amy wouldn't have known otherwise because no one told her, nor did she see the Spockumentary), she could express regret that the breakup caused pain for both of them, even if the positive outcome was growth.  At some point, both parties need to heal so they can be stronger.  Otherwise past hurts are going to haunt any future progress.  

S.L Farrell, 2L344 and camelliayao like this

Posted

Obviously yes, she did not know why to break up (see both the break-up and her attempt to get back together).

Posted

I voted for n°2, this is one of the thing I hated the most during the break up: I never felt Amy was hurt, on the contrary I've always had the feeling that she was quite enjoying the " single" ride, while we got to know - more than what was needed in fact - that Sheldon was really hurt.

And now that they're backi together, I still don't have the feeling that she's 100% happy. They never had a conversation about what happened, according to the TR she doesn't look as much in love as she should be after he gave her everything, as if the problem that broke them apart was still here, underlying until that explodes like it did in 8*24.

No, just no, she must acknowledge that she hurt him really bad - even if he also needs to apologize - and if the problem was not about sex and physical intimacy but about his personality being difficult to put up with, they need to discuss it.

910 and 2L344 like this

Posted

i'm torn between #2 & #3 but i guess i'll vote #2... 

I think she should apologize for hurting him, cause she loves him, and obviously you feel bad when you know you've hurt the person you love.
HOWEVER, i think it was totally her right to break up with him [just like i defended her and will keep defending her regarding her dating other guys - i think it was ABSOLUTELY her right to date, she's a free person, just because Sheldon loved her doesn't mean she owed it to him not to date others]. Unfortunately in life we sometimes hurt others unintentionally.

mirs1, 910, camelliayao and 4 others like this

Posted

Lol Sheldon deserved to be hurt. AFTER his comments at Lennys wedding especially. Amy had every right to enjoy single life in a normal way. After her abnormal relation ship with Sheldon.

Posted

The problem being that she pretended to be in love with him, and like brilliantfool said, you don't want to hurt someone you are in love with, and you feel sorry when you do it.

Now I think the real question is: Does Amy really love Sheldon as she pretends or does she like being a part of a couple?

Yeah, that's totally provocative, but after such a horrible moment, I see Sheldon being in love with Amy, but I can't say the contrary. Where are the evidence she's still in love with him?

At least, if she apologized for the hurt she caused, that would be a sigh that she still cares instead of taking him for granted because you know, the poor guy, "I'm his best shot, and nobody else but me can put up with him " Yuck.

Posted

I voted for option (2).  I was torn between (2) & (3).  I don't think she should have to apologize at all but yes, let him know she realizes now how much the break up hurt him and that's what she regrets but then again, how is she supposed to know how much he was hurt by how well he hid his true feelings from her (and to an extent, himself).  Sorry, Sheldon.  Turns out you're NOT a homo novus.

Maddie, jenafan, April and 2 others like this

Posted (edited)

I voted for #2.

Amy only intended to step back and re-evaluate their relationship in the first place. Sheldon brought the break up to himself by not giving Amy what she needed. It did good to both of them anyways. They realized that they can't find a better partner as each other. It all worked well. 

This too. HAHA

4 hours ago, rachelshamyfan said:

We need a "no let's move on" vote.....

Edited by fragileShAmyheart
babyAnne, mphs95 and Boonaroma like this

Posted

3 hours ago, camelliayao said:

Well, we, or at least I, only started to think about the whole "Whether or not Amy should apologize" thing again since the last taping. Because the writers brought up the break up two episodes in a row (914 and 915). So forgive me for going back to the old topic, but they started it. 

yes they did, and that is why some of us find ourselves in rehashing old debates lol. aargh!

Boonaroma, Lionne and 910 like this