10,844 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

16 minutes ago, Tensor said:

First taping dates.  

10.01   8/23

10.02   8/30

10.03   9/13

10.04   9/20 

Interesting...If I remember correctly, Kunal and Melissa said at the London Comic Con they were expected to be on set on 08-03, which would have set the taping on 08-09, more or less in the same period it was last year. Also in the article @vonmar posted in the Cast&Crew thread the date was set earlier. May that delay be due to  negotiations?  Anyway, now we have to wait two more weeks!!!

Edited by mirs1
Desdemona and joyceraye like this

Posted (edited)

Oh, I got that those were the official dates, but it may suggest there has been some change in plans. Kunal himself was scheduled in the play he is doing in London up to the end of July (the play runs up to mid August), so I assume that the original plan was to begin early in August. I wander what happened...

Edited by mirs1
joyceraye and Desdemona like this

Posted

Kunal's play in London closes on August 13th.  Also, Simon's movie with Meryl Streep, Florence Foster Jenkins has a U.S. release date of August 12th, so I imagine that he will be busy with premieres and press for the film, prior to the release.

These two events alone may have required them to push back the first week of work on Season 10.

The contract negotiations should have nothing to do with the August start date, they are already contracted for Season 10.  

joyceraye, notchinc and mirs1 like this

Posted (edited)

18 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Kunal's play in London closes on August 13th.  Also, Simon's movie with Meryl Streep, Florence Foster Jenkins has a U.S. release date of August 12th, so I imagine that he will be busy with premieres and press for the film, prior to the release.

These two events alone may have required them to push back the first week of work on Season 10.

The contract negotiations should have nothing to do with the August start date, they are already contracted for Season 10.  

https://www.londontheatredirect.com/play/2320/The-Spoils-tickets.aspx

Kunal is not scheduled in the play in August. I wonder if now (if it's possible and he wants to do it) he stays there until the last performance...

Edited by mirs1
Desdemona likes this

Posted

Thank you for the dates!! About 8 weeks until the first taping then... oh boy. At least there's enough time to finish my summer rewatch then. lol

Desdemona likes this

Posted

I was already so fixated on this August 9 date for the first taping of season 10, that I'm quite disappointed right now I have to wait two more weeks.

Lina78, Carm6773, Desdemona and 2 others like this

Posted

April explained in another thread why we might be waiting two more weeks....guest appearance availability.  Makes sense to me.  Bummer for us.  But two weeks is ok I guess.  :icon_rolleyes:

Desdemona, mjc45, Kev0821 and 2 others like this

Posted

Lisa Kudrow as Penny's mother please :D. 

Kev0821 likes this

Posted

From Entertainment Weekly's Spoiler Room...

What can you share about the next season of The Big Bang Theory?— Brittainy
Though Wolowitz seemed paranoid in the finale, he and the guys may actually have reason to worry that the Air Force is spying on their project. “Based on what we’ve learned and what we’ve been researching, it could be fine, but I think there is a small percentage chance that they should actually be concerned,” EP Steve Molaro says. “That storyline is certainly not finished. They have no choice but to see what the Air Force wants and then go from there.”

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/07/01/spoiler-room-once-upon-time-unreal-dead-summer-spoilers

Posted

4 minutes ago, vonmar said:

From Entertainment Weekly's Spoiler Room...

What can you share about the next season of The Big Bang Theory?— Brittainy
Though Wolowitz seemed paranoid in the finale, he and the guys may actually have reason to worry that the Air Force is spying on their project. “Based on what we’ve learned and what we’ve been researching, it could be fine, but I think there is a small percentage chance that they should actually be concerned,” EP Steve Molaro says. “That storyline is certainly not finished. They have no choice but to see what the Air Force wants and then go from there.”

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/07/01/spoiler-room-once-upon-time-unreal-dead-summer-spoilers

LOL this is such a non-spoiler. Thanks Molaro.

Clarathumbsup.gif

mjc45, joyceraye, Jonny and 3 others like this

Posted

26 minutes ago, April said:

LOL this is such a non-spoiler. Thanks Molaro.

To me it's a bit of a surprise, TBH. I thought the B plot in the finale was kind of a filler to have Howardette and Raj being somewhere else, since it would have been technically difficult to arrange a scene with all the characters plus the guest stars. Now it appears there will be a follow up on that. I'm not a fan of the guidance system plot, so I really hope that the Air Force takes the patent out of their hands, and let us be done with this plot. I want the "old" science stories back, where no money or "trendy" patents were involved!!!

joyceraye and luminous like this

Posted

7 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

To me it's a bit of a surprise, TBH. I thought the B plot in the finale was kind of a filler to have Howardette and Raj being somewhere else, since it would have been technically difficult to arrange a scene with all the characters plus the guest stars. Now it appears there will be a follow up on that. I'm not a fan of the guidance system plot, so I really hope that the Air Force takes the patent out of their hands, and let us be done with this plot. I want the "old" science stories back, where no money or "trendy" patents were involved!!!

Really? I mean, the paranoia was comedic filler, sure. But I thought it's a bit of a no-brainer that after the initial panic they'll eventually find out what the Air Force actually wants from them. Or did you think they bring in the government contacting them and then the plot ends with the guys thinking "oh well, how about we just never call them back!??" lol

And yeah, let them take the patent by whatever means necessary (ideally showering the guys with money in the process so that this tired old bit of financial angst vanishes as well). I liked that they had an ongoing science plot in S9 but the related stories itself weren't particularly funny so I don't really care either way, tbqh.

joyceraye likes this

Posted

12 minutes ago, April said:

Really? I mean, the paranoia was comedic filler, sure. But I thought it's a bit of a no-brainer that after the initial panic they'll eventually find out what the Air Force actually wants from them. Or did you think they bring in the government contacting them and then the plot ends with the guys thinking "oh well, how about we just never call them back!??" lol

And yeah, let them take the patent by whatever means necessary (ideally showering the guys with money in the process so that this tired old bit of financial angst vanishes as well). I liked that they had an ongoing science plot in S9 but the related stories itself weren't particularly funny so I don't really care either way, tbqh.

I thought it was one of those things that appear in an episode for never being mentioned again, or that it would have been addressed off-screen. Anyway, I agree with you, I like the idea of a horizontal science plot, like the writers did in the last two seasons, so ideally I would appreciate if it becomes a sort of "tradition";  but the one they got in S. 9 was a bit boring to me, so I would be happy if they find a way-out for it. 

notchinc and joyceraye like this

Posted

Apparently some do not care for the guys' project, but it would be very desirable for the Air Force, Boeing, etc.  I think the lack of such an instrument led to the loss of JFK,Jr. because now, in bad weather, pilots can't tell up from down until they pass-out, when its too late to make corrections.

joyceraye likes this

Posted

Let's be honest the Guidance System plot, is just a way for Howard to make some dosh before the baby comes. So they cannot just drop the plot persay. So I am not surprised the continuation of the plot. Well the Air Force leave them alone? Who knows, watch this space. Obviousley the big interest is in well Lenny have a re do wedding. I think they well. Maybe planning special guest stars, who knows. That may happen in EP 3. 

joyceraye and Jonny like this

Posted

56 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Let's be honest the Guidance System plot, is just a way for Howard to make some dosh before the baby comes. So they cannot just drop the plot persay. So I am not surprised the continuation of the plot. Well the Air Force leave them alone? Who knows, watch this space. Obviousley the big interest is in well Lenny have a re do wedding. I think they well. Maybe planning special guest stars, who knows. That may happen in EP 3. 

Actually I think making money because the baby is coming is just a pretext for the arc. The plot pays homage to Leonard's research and Howard's Engineering.

joyceraye and JE7 like this

Posted

4 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

Actually I think making money because the baby is coming is just a pretext for the arc. The plot pays homage to Leonard's research and Howard's Engineering.

And Sheldon's math.

I think that they just need to wrap up that plot.  The reviewers and fans get cranky when a plot is just dropped with no resolution.  I think it will disappear pretty quickly. 

Posted

@vonmar  uhhhhh  we still don't know who got tenure!!!!  They're the king of no resolutions...... :)

Carlos, mjc45 and JE7 like this

Posted

2 minutes ago, notchinc said:

@vonmar  uhhhhh  we still don't know who got tenure!!!!  They're the king of no resolutions...... :)

I still think the tenure thing is going to reappear.  Kind of hoping someone challenges Molaro on it at Comic Con.

Posted

FYI makes no sense to me when Season Ten Taping happen. Being in NZ haha. I can wait. Tenure I Think well be brought up again. I think Leonard may get it. But would not be surprised if Sheldon got it haha. 

joyceraye likes this

Posted

20 minutes ago, vonmar said:

I still think the tenure thing is going to reappear.  Kind of hoping someone challenges Molaro on it at Comic Con.

I need your faith......

joyceraye likes this

Posted

11 hours ago, mirs1 said:

I thought it was one of those things that appear in an episode for never being mentioned again, or that it would have been addressed off-screen. Anyway, I agree with you, I like the idea of a horizontal science plot, like the writers did in the last two seasons, so ideally I would appreciate if it becomes a sort of "tradition";  but the one they got in S. 9 was a bit boring to me, so I would be happy if they find a way-out for it. 

But it was set up in 9x22 with Zack asking about how the military might be interested in this - and promptly they get an e-mail two episodes later. So I do think this warrants a resolution, especially now that they're more willing to do longer plot lines.

Oh, as for getting rid of it I wonder if the Elon Musk thing comes back as some sort second option for them, as in: they have to decide whether to sell it to the military or the private sector, or something like that.

1 hour ago, mirs1 said:
It's happening, guys...the new season is on the way!

TBBTyay.gif

mjc45, JE7 and joyceraye like this