Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

14,072 posts in this topic

Posted

To be quite honest I'm starting to think it was prob better to have Lenny in 4b. That way Sheldon can have all the space he wants to stomp and dictate. Lenny bit smaller. But enough space to do their thing. 4A is still the main seating area. So Sheldon still acts like he owns 4A. It's Lennys bitches.

Posted

28 minutes ago, luminous said:

Is that one desk or two?  There's a suitcase in the middle of the floor.  Someone traveling??   Set pictures, AGGGRRH!!

Posted

59 minutes ago, Tensor said:

While Chrismo points out that in 2010 the breakout between women and men was 56%-44% with more women.  The newest season I have is for the 2014-15 season.  TBBT that season had a 53%-47% split, so the percentage of women watching actually went down in 2010-15.   I have the splits for one episode in last year, but you have to string some numbers together, which reduces accuracy.  Actual numbers will be in bold, non-bold are estimates.  but here goes.  

There were 17.5 million viewers for that episode.  There were 6.5 million viewers in the 18-49 demo, leaving 11 million in the 2-17 and 50+.  In line with the seasonal numbers, there are approximately 1.5 million 2-17, leaving about 9.5 million for the 50+.   5.3 million of that 50+ were women, leaving 4.2 million men in 50+.  That gives us a  male/female split for 50+  was around 55%, which is in line with the previous estimates.  While I don't have the splits for the  2-17 and 18-49 demos, I don't see why there would be a big difference in those splits.  Even if there were a difference, they would have to be way out from the 50+ splits to make any kind of difference.   TBBT appears to have been right around 55% female to 45% male, for most of it's run.  

Trying to gauge the gender splits, or any demo for that matter, based on social network posts, is even less accurate than trying the estimates I made stringing together different numbers.      

Thanks for looking into the numbers. If I recall correctly ratings jumped the most from season 2 to season 3 more  than any other years. JMO but maybe that when they picked up the female viewers. Maybe it's just me but it seems like this season the promos and pictures from upcoming episodes have shown Lenny less than ever before. Also it seems to  me that maybe TPTB have numbers on who's watching and adjusted accordingly.

3ku11 likes this

Posted

Wait, do we have a TR today? Why there's no one at the chat room then?

That's so weird.

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Tonstar17 said:

Nailed it. More woman watch the show than men now. Just look at comments on social media we knows they cater for the Sheldon show now cause they are more vocal but doesn't mean the causals are happy just cause they put up with it and shoved in our face every second does mean we love Sheldon. Boring

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

If that is true, the question is why are women more attracted to Sheldon/Shamy than men. Is it simply because of Penny (Motive women: jealousy and men: hot/sexy). Or are women more attracted to his quirks and find Leonard plain boring ( I often hear as an argument). Or is it that the Shamy relationship isn´t based on sex (yes is becoming now, but was built up from cognitives perspectives). Or is it the "project" Sheldon. I have read an article that (some) women are attracted to "mission impossible" men. F.i. Sheldon was (and stil is sometimes) considered as a man who couldn´t attached to people. Not only by his quirks, but he seemed not to like it, emotionally. And that can trigger some "rescue" feelings by women, as in " I am the only one whom he can attache himself to". Ah well, it´s just I want to know if someone can investigate the hypothesis that women route more for Sheldon/Shamy :) 

Edited by john2p

Posted

37 minutes ago, Ranger Rosa said:

Wait, do we have a TR today? Why there's no one at the chat room then?

That's so weird.

Not really 

Posted

8 hours ago, luminous said:

Yes, that really bothered me.

I also noticed there are hardly promotional photos with Lenny in it for episode 10x11. I counted 3 so far.

BTW...Kaley posted a nice picture of her and Johnny. You can find it here.

And yet they pay them 2 million per episode.

JE7 likes this

Posted (edited)

So tibit from Taping. Penny accuses Leonard of taking her for granted . And not putting effort into their marriage. Fml. Context is needed obvioisiey. It could be some typical snarky comment. Like you know Leonard your luckey to have me etc. Have to wait for context .

Edited by 3ku11
Lina78 and john2p like this

Posted

5 minutes ago, Carlos said:

And yet they pay them 2 million per episode.

They act the part so well that someone is willing to pay them $M an episode for doing it...I'd call that a damn fine compliment! :icon_cheesygrin:

JE7, john2p and JohnPhD like this

Posted

21 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

So tibit from Taping. Penny accuses Leonard of taking her for granted . And not putting effort into their marriage. Fml. Context is needed obvioisiey. It could be some typical snarky comment. Like you know Leonard your luckey to have me etc. Have to wait for context .

Or this is what is meant with all the goodness what is coming in the second half for the Lenny..... Sorry for being sarcastic, it´s early here. And yes I have the glass half empty :P. I will wait till there is more context :) 

Posted

12 minutes ago, john2p said:

Or this is what is meant with all the goodness what is coming in the second half for the Lenny..... Sorry for being sarcastic, it´s early here. And yes I have the glass half empty :P. I will wait till there is more context :) 

I don't know i am sure it well come across better in context and delevery. But another stupid line from the showrunners. Leonard takes Penny for granted, wtf? If anything Penny does. Thats always been the narrative. What the heck is wrong with them, monkeys could write this crap better. 

john2p and JE7 like this

Posted

9 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

I don't know i am sure it well come across better in context and delevery. But another stupid line from the showrunners. Leonard takes Penny for granted, wtf? If anything Penny does. Thats always been the narrative. What the heck is wrong with them, monkeys could write this crap better. 

Just one line from ... how many? :icon_rolleyes:

wow.gif

Seriously. I give you a PhDork in the Anthroprobably of Cornfield-Penny and the Sophomorical of Laughs.
Sincerely,
VeeJay, Esquire ABC's & 123's of Several Hundreds. 
:shy:

JE7, mjc45 and djsurrey like this

Posted

27 minutes ago, 5Mississippis said:

No Taping Report tidbits?

Other then Penny telling Leonard she thinks he takes her for granted. And Doesent put enough interest into their marriage . Nothing lol. Of course this we'll be all cleared up with context.

Posted

10 minutes ago, shamyyellow said:

I was at the taping tonight. 

The episode begins with Penny coming home from work and Leonard having prepared her a romantic dinner of flowers, wine, and pizza bagels. She says it reminds her of the 8th grade. Leonard intensifies that memory by expressing his feelings for her through NSYNC lyrics. She asks if he just quoted an NSYNC song to her to which he said, "I just quoted your favorite NSYNC song to you." It's a cute moment but swiftly cuts to Leonard sitting on the couch in his underwear playing video games while Penny looks on. I don't remember if Penny was dreaming or day dreaming, but the overall gist was comparing her fantasy to her reality.

Amy, Bernie, and Penny have girls night in 4B. Amy makes a comment to Penny about how girls night has always taken place in 4B but now that it's no longer Penny's apartment, it's kind of like she's hosting it now. This was one of Amy's "I'm the popular girl" moments and Mayim's delivery was great. The conversation quickly switches to Penny confiding that she feels like ever since getting married, Leonard has stopped trying. There is funny banter in there about how Leonard and Howard never wear pants, to which Amy said that Sheldon always wears pants and she probably couldn't even identify his knees in a line-up. 

Leonard and Sheldon are playing chess in 4A. There is a funny bit where every time Leonard makes his move, Sheldon says if he does that, he'll beat him in 8 moves, 5, moves, 1 move, etc. Penny returns from girls night and Sheldon proclaims that he's trying to take a greater interest in other people, so asks Penny what she ate (chips) and what she drank (wine). She's obviously irritated and I don't remember what Leonard says in response, but Penny replies to him with, "At least he cares enough to ask." Leonard asks where this is coming from but Penny doesn't want to talk about it. When Leonard pushes, she says that he hasn't been putting effort into their relationship to which Leonard says, "Oh really? That's funny because it seems to me like I'm the only one who has ever put any effort into this relationship." It gets pretty heated and Penny says that maybe she'll just take Amy with her to a spa trip she had planned for them. He says that she should and storms out of the room.

Jumping forward to Amy and Penny all packed up and ready to go, Lenny are obviously ignoring each other. Amy leans in to kiss Sheldon goodbye but he stops her to say that he doesn't feel comfortable with displays of affection in front of an unhappy couple. Leonard (or Penny?) tells him to go for it, so they do. It's a small kiss at first and quickly turns passionate -- think Leonard's nightmare about Penny and Sheldon kissing in 9.2. It keeps going until Penny tells them that's enough. Penny is already out the door and Amy in lingering in the hallway telling Sheldon that she's going to miss him. He says that he's going to miss her too. She says she's going to miss him to infinity. He tops her with some scientific speak that I can't recall. Amy is about to top him again when Penny grabs her arm and pulls her out of the apartment. 

There is a car scene with Sheldon and Leonard that I can't remember the details of for the life of me. I think Leonard was just explaining why he needed to find Penny and set things straight.

We see Penny and Amy at the resort. Penny asks when the last time Amy got a massage was. She said Sheldon walked on her back a few weeks ago but that's just because he thought he saw a spider. Amy asks if Penny is going to be naked during the massage and when Penny says she is, Amy pulls open her robe and she has all of her clothes on underneath. The scene was filmed 3 times and the line changed slightly, but she basically says she might be wearing too many clothes. There is a knock at the door and Penny answers to find Leonard and Sheldon. Once again, the details are blurry, but Penny yells at Leonard and says it's sweet that he came but she needs space. Sheldon walks up to Amy and just says "Hello, Amy." This gets her acting flirty and playing with her hair as she says hi back. Sheldon says, "See Leonard? That's how you do it without being overbearing/obvious." 

We then see Shamy leave the hotel room to let Lenny talk it out and there is some running joke about Amy bringing back mini bottles of alcohol so Sheldon knows what it's like to drink like Godzilla. Sheldon suggests the hit up the mini bar to do that now that he's there.

In the next scene, we see all 4 of them sitting at a table. I think Sheldon says something about them getting a divorce (maybe?) Penny says that getting married just brought up some issues that they need to figure out but they both seem in good spirits after their talk. They are both very, very reluctant to say so, but suggest that it might be for the best if Sheldon writes them a Relationship Agreement. Of course, Sheldon couldn't be more honored and delighted. 

The tag scene was all 4 of them back home in 4A going over the contract Sheldon has written up. There is a joke about Leonard's tiny white thighs. Penny asked if that was necessary and Sheldon says that he wrote this up for free, he was allowed to have his fun. Lenny agree that the contract sounds great and Amy says it reminds her of her first relationship agreement. Sheldon says, "And you're obviously forgetting the no sentimentality clause." 

And that was it.

The Raj, Bernie, and Howard storyline was pretty simple. Howard was having trouble putting Halley (correct spelling as its written on the wall in her nursery) to sleep in her crib because the floor in the nursery is so squeaky. Raj and Howard turn the floor into a grid and map out where the squeaking happens and develop a Mission Impossible style pathway to the baby's crib that is super ridiculous. 

And that's basically it.

Oh! The episode is called The Romance Recalibration. If anybody has any questions, I'll do my best to answer them.

THANKS!!!

Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, RoRo said:

THANKS!!!

23 minutes ago, shamyyellow said:

The episode begins with Penny coming home from work and Leonard having prepared her a romantic dinner of flowers, wine, and pizza bagels. She says it reminds her of the 8th grade. Leonard intensifies that memory by expressing his feelings for her through NSYNC lyrics. She asks if he just quoted an NSYNC song to her to which he said, "I just quoted your favorite NSYNC song to you." It's a cute moment but swiftly cuts to Leonard sitting on the couch in his underwear playing video games while Penny looks on. I don't remember if Penny was dreaming or day dreaming, but the overall gist was comparing her fantasy to her reality.

Amy, Bernie, and Penny have girls night in 4B. Amy makes a comment to Penny about how girls night has always taken place in 4B but now that it's no longer Penny's apartment, it's kind of like she's hosting it now. This was one of Amy's "I'm the popular girl" moments and Mayim's delivery was great. The conversation quickly switches to Penny confiding that she feels like ever since getting married, Leonard has stopped trying. There is funny banter in there about how Leonard and Howard never wear pants, to which Amy said that Sheldon always wears pants and she probably couldn't even identify his knees in a line-up. 

Leonard and Sheldon are playing chess in 4A. There is a funny bit where every time Leonard makes his move, Sheldon says if he does that, he'll beat him in 8 moves, 5, moves, 1 move, etc. Penny returns from girls night and Sheldon proclaims that he's trying to take a greater interest in other people, so asks Penny what she ate (chips) and what she drank (wine). She's obviously irritated and I don't remember what Leonard says in response, but Penny replies to him with, "At least he cares enough to ask." Leonard asks where this is coming from but Penny doesn't want to talk about it. When Leonard pushes, she says that he hasn't been putting effort into their relationship to which Leonard says, "Oh really? That's funny because it seems to me like I'm the only one who has ever put any effort into this relationship." It gets pretty heated and Penny says that maybe she'll just take Amy with her to a spa trip she had planned for them. He says that she should and storms out of the room.

Jumping forward to Amy and Penny all packed up and ready to go, Lenny are obviously ignoring each other. Amy leans in to kiss Sheldon goodbye but he stops her to say that he doesn't feel comfortable with displays of affection in front of an unhappy couple. Leonard (or Penny?) tells him to go for it, so they do. It's a small kiss at first and quickly turns passionate -- think Leonard's nightmare about Penny and Sheldon kissing in 9.2. It keeps going until Penny tells them that's enough. Penny is already out the door and Amy in lingering in the hallway telling Sheldon that she's going to miss him. He says that he's going to miss her too. She says she's going to miss him to infinity. He tops her with some scientific speak that I can't recall. Amy is about to top him again when Penny grabs her arm and pulls her out of the apartment. 

There is a car scene with Sheldon and Leonard that I can't remember the details of for the life of me. I think Leonard was just explaining why he needed to find Penny and set things straight.

We see Penny and Amy at the resort. Penny asks when the last time Amy got a massage was. She said Sheldon walked on her back a few weeks ago but that's just because he thought he saw a spider. Amy asks if Penny is going to be naked during the massage and when Penny says she is, Amy pulls open her robe and she has all of her clothes on underneath. The scene was filmed 3 times and the line changed slightly, but she basically says she might be wearing too many clothes. There is a knock at the door and Penny answers to find Leonard and Sheldon. Once again, the details are blurry, but Penny yells at Leonard and says it's sweet that he came but she needs space. Sheldon walks up to Amy and just says "Hello, Amy." This gets her acting flirty and playing with her hair as she says hi back. Sheldon says, "See Leonard? That's how you do it without being overbearing/obvious." 

We then see Shamy leave the hotel room to let Lenny talk it out and there is some running joke about Amy bringing back mini bottles of alcohol so Sheldon knows what it's like to drink like Godzilla. Sheldon suggests the hit up the mini bar to do that now that he's there.

In the next scene, we see all 4 of them sitting at a table. I think Sheldon says something about them getting a divorce (maybe?) Penny says that getting married just brought up some issues that they need to figure out but they both seem in good spirits after their talk. They are both very, very reluctant to say so, but suggest that it might be for the best if Sheldon writes them a Relationship Agreement. Of course, Sheldon couldn't be more honored and delighted. 

The tag scene was all 4 of them back home in 4A going over the contract Sheldon has written up. There is a joke about Leonard's tiny white thighs. Penny asked if that was necessary and Sheldon says that he wrote this up for free, he was allowed to have his fun. Lenny agree that the contract sounds great and Amy says it reminds her of her first relationship agreement. Sheldon says, "And you're obviously forgetting the no sentimentality clause." 

And that was it.

The Raj, Bernie, and Howard storyline was pretty simple. Howard was having trouble putting Halley (correct spelling as its written on the wall in her nursery) to sleep in her crib because the floor in the nursery is so squeaky. Raj and Howard turn the floor into a grid and map out where the squeaking happens and develop a Mission Impossible style pathway to the baby's crib that is super ridiculous. 

And that's basically it.

Oh! The episode is called The Romance Recalibration. If anybody has any questions, I'll do my best to answer them.

Thank you so much for your really detailled report. I will calm down my self and not react too impulsive as I did with the christmas tree report. All I have to say is that I don´t have a good feeling about it. And I know I have to wait till the real episode is aired. Still now I have two upcoming episodes with a bad feeling. Ok I will explain, it´s not even the fight between Lenny. That is some old story going on. But wtf an agreement made up by Sheldon? how much influence does this guy need on their relationship? Ok I stop now.

Edited by john2p
veejay, 3ku11, shamour and 1 other like this

Posted (edited)

I don't know seems pretty sudden . Penny is likeLeonard Doesent try, now we're married. So she tells Amy and Bernie this. Well it's not fair to get angry with Leonard. When your not being honest. And way to rub how great Shamy are the entire episode In Lennys face.Then rips into Leonard. Then storm off, feels a bit over simplified TBH lol. Penny must of been keeping this a secret, or to herself for a while. Leonard is right he is the one who tries the most. Sheldon giving Lenny a relationship agreement. That's embarrassing, they are adults. They need Sheldon to conduct their relationship now lol? In any respect cheers for the taping . Clears a few stuff up. Seems they are fine in the end .

Edited by 3ku11
veejay and john2p like this

Posted

OMFG! Leonard and Penny now have to rely on Sheldon, Shamy and a Sheldon drafted relationship agreement to try and navigate their life together?! They cannot try, do, or have anything separate from Sheldon and his influence?! Leonard and Penny are taking relationship advice from them?! WTF?! This sounds absolutely horrific and is a complete slap on the face. 

JE7, john2p, NoRegrets and 6 others like this

Posted

34 minutes ago, shamyyellow said:

And that was it.

And that's basically it.

Thank you @shamyyellow

brilliantfool likes this