Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

13,292 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I am reconsidering this. It looks like that the writers try to break up the triangle Leonard-Penny and Sheldon. To establish more their own relationships: Shamy and Lenny. I think Shamy is how paradoxically better suited to cooperate and communicate with eachother where Lenny obviously don´t. And thinking this over it is actually very consistent and logical. Sheldon was and is always the more rational thinking and acting person. His difficulties with emotions he learned a lot from Leonard ( but one with emotional problems himself) and Penny ( with her high expressed emotions). But the final touches are with Amy. Now Lenny, their lack of communication was always a problem. They always had a off-on relationship because of it. And Sheldon was not only their adult child, but also their bridge to communicate. Countless are the scenes where Pnney and Leonard asked Sheldon advice about their relationship. Actually it already started with their first date. And it continued till now. In that view it´s all logical. Because as characters they have bonding and emotional problems and the person who actually made the communication possible lives now in 4B. In fact Sheldon is more independent from Lenny as the other way around. I really do hope that this leads eventually  to story arcs where their communication is a growing proces. Like the emotional growth is the main arc for Sheldon at the moment. If this succeeds than Lenny is full grown as a couple and really ready for children ;). 

Edited by john2p
April, Soopysue, jenafan and 2 others like this

Posted

Today there will be the table reading today.right?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Shamyfan95 likes this

Posted

7 minutes ago, Vittoria Jacoel said:

Today there will be the table reading today.right?

Yes. :shy:

Shamyfan95 likes this

Posted

26 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

Writers, let's work about lenny relationship please. The most difficult is done, Sheldon moved out from 4 A and he is really determined to love his Amy forever and alone with her. So let 's show why lenny is one of best sitcom couples ever! 

I have to meditate on this now. :shy:

06a.gif

Posted

I hope the next one is a Valentine's episode. :) 

Posted

2 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Penny hates Valentine's day. That will be another fight.

Oh yes,  they have argued before on valentine's day 

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Penny hates Valentine's day. That will be another fight.

o_00160.gif

:shy:

Sometimes, however, she is pleasantly surprised. :icon_biggrin:

o_00162.gif

Edited by veejay

Posted

If the show get renewed for two more seasons, what on earth is the writers gonna do with Lenny in 48 more episodes when they clearly don't know how to write them now in season 10. 

JE7, 5Mississippis and legacy99 like this

Posted (edited)

47 minutes ago, john2p said:

Sheldon was and is always the more rational thinking and acting person.

Nearly choked at this one!

3 words-underwear on head

Edited by gsxdoug

Posted

9 minutes ago, Lagernisse said:

If the show get renewed for two more seasons, what on earth is the writers gonna do with Lenny in 48 more episodes when they clearly don't know how to write them now in season 10. 

pennylaundryroom0207.gif

Posted

By the time tptb finish with lenny in S10, they wouldn't have to write for them anymore as their mission will be complete. Destroy lenny to the extent that no one will care anymore about them or bat an eyelid. Hence saving them 2m an episode.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Lagernisse, 5Mississippis and JE7 like this

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, Lagernisse said:

A little subtle, but hey…:shy:

LP2f6c.jpg
Their’s always an island to relax.
(thanks to @luminous for this beautiful imagination)

Edited by veejay
Lagernisse, john2p, jenafan and 4 others like this

Posted

6 hours ago, legacy99 said:

I think tptb have driven us to the point that anything is better than nothing

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

No, just no

Posted

48 minutes ago, john2p said:

I am reconsidering this. It looks like that the writers try to break up the triangle Leonard-Penny and Sheldon. To establish more their own relationships: Shamy and Lenny. I think Shamy is how paradoxically better suited to cooperate and communicate with eachother where Lenny obviously don´t. And thinking this over it is actually very consistent and logical. Sheldon was and is always the more rational thinking and acting person. His difficulties with emotions he learned a lot from Leonard ( but one with emotional problems himself) and Penny ( with her high expressed emotions). But the final touches are with Amy. Now Lenny, their lack of communication was always a problem. They always had a off-on relationship because of it. And Sheldon was not only their adult child, but also their bridge to communicate. Countless are the scenes where Pnney and Leonard asked Sheldon advice about their relationship. Actually it already started with their first date. And it continued till now. In that view it´s all logical. Because as characters they have bonding and emotional problems and the person who actually made the communication possible lives now in 4B. In fact Sheldon is more independent from Lenny as the other way around. I really do hope that this leads eventually  to story arcs where their communication is a growing proces. Like the emotional growth is the main arc for Sheldon at the moment. If this succeeds than Lenny is full grown as a couple and really ready for children ;). 

Your last line is very interesting. Can the producers/writers be building Lenny up by arguing all the time with maybe Penny getting pregnant to bring them closer and to have someone to care for and not emphasizing their incompatibility??

serenaded214 and john2p like this

Posted

Your last line is very interesting. Can the producers/writers be building Lenny up by arguing all the time with maybe Penny getting pregnant to bring them closer and to have someone to care for and not emphasizing their incompatibility??

Incompatibility has never being a problem. Just because they haven't got much in common doesn't make them so. We could say the same about all the other couple, they hate each others hobbies. They have got on for ten years and have dated for 5. Not an issue.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

5Mississippis and JE7 like this

Posted

17 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

Sadly I don't think there will be anymore pregnancy stories on the show. 

Jonny and Tonstar17 like this

Posted

4 hours ago, Tonstar17 said:

My mistake. Next time I will be more direct with my demands.

OK cool, first you are gonna need glass bottles, rags and gasoline...  :icon_twisted:

Tonstar17 and 5Mississippis like this

Posted

32 minutes ago, gsxdoug said:

Nearly choked at this one!

3 words-underwear on head

Sure I admit he act childish very often. but well let´s put it this way. He like to rationolize all his act of tends to do to understand the world. And let´s put it straight. Why did he put his underwear on his head??? From a rational motive. As a reaction on what his mother and Amy did. 

April and jenafan like this

Posted

56 minutes ago, Lagernisse said:

Oh yes,  they have argued before on valentine's day 

And it turned out to be my favorite episode.

Posted

2 minutes ago, FileXxX said:

And it turned out to be my favorite episode.

Unfortunately their communication issues haven't improved since then.

Lagernisse and kerrycec03 like this