Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

7,529 posts in this topic

Posted

3 minutes ago, JE7 said:

OK cool, first you are gonna need glass bottles, rags and gasoline...  :icon_twisted:

Glass bottles. Check.

Rags. Check.

Gasoline. Check. Are you up for it? I am. Let's blow the joint. :)

yoynMWD0fa.png

Posted

7 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Unfortunately their communication issues haven't improved since then.

That's simply not true.

Posted

As evidenced by their lying to each other, keeping secrets from each other and not talking though their problems?  That was also one of my favorite episodes, because, although they fought, they also discussed the problem that was the cause of the fight.  Haven't seen that lately.  

jenafan, Shamyyes and 3ku11 like this

Posted

Tbh the Raj 's plot was what is less interisting imo from last night taping. The meeting of ex-girlfriends might give anything useful for Raj gets better is his future relationships and it seemed a bit non sense. If people in general would do that with their exs for finding what got wrong, good Lord, lol!

Raj needs a kind of miracle for be sucessful in his relationships and also with his interactions with people close to him. The miracle calls maturity and he wont reach that while he is still writen with lots of non sense in the plotlines about him.

JE7 and jenafan like this

Posted (edited)

Wow they actually managed to get the several actresses from Raj's past together. That shows at least some level of planning. (I guess Isabella's been thrown in a black hole?). I hope the scene is good and long to make up for the Shamy/Lenny FILLER.

I hope the 2nd half of Season 10 is heavily focused on getting Raj into a long term relationship. If Raj is married by the end of Season 11, they can save a Shamy marriage for the final season. Then the show can end with all 4 in married couplings.

Edited by Shelldon

Posted

9 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

The meeting of ex-girlfriends might give anything useful for Raj gets better is his future relationships and it seemed a bit non sense. If people in general would do that with their exs for finding what got wrong, good Lord, lol!

Interestingly, one of the day time talk shows my wife watches had that very thing today.  They brought back several guys, that dated the guest, so they could explain why their relationship didn't work out.  

Posted

2 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Interestingly, one of the day time talk shows my wife watches had that very thing today.  They brought back several guys, that dated the guest, so they could explain why their relationship didn't work out.  

Oh so it is a new thing about failed relationships? I did not know that. Imo it is something that should be taken care between the two person involved. But maybe I am old fashioned girl. :)

JE7, jenafan, Carlos and 2 others like this

Posted

3 hours ago, FileXxX said:

That's simply not true.

Well to be fair it is. Because as pointed out, they have been lying to each other, keeping secrets from one another. One of the main issues from some Lenny shippers. Is lack of isolated scenes, therefore lack of communication. This is jmo. 

jenafan and spidergirl like this

Posted

3 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Because as pointed out, they have been lying to each other, keeping secrets from one another. One of the main issues from some Lenny shippers. Is lack of isolated scenes, therefore lack of communication.

That's one way to make a mountain out of a molehill.

5 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

This is jmo. 

Exactly.

Posted

It's also been shown, on screen, that they've not done a good job of communicating, when in that episode they did communicate. 

3ku11 likes this

Posted

That's simply not true.

What examples can you give? Since getting married they have spent their wedding night apart. After that they moved in with Sheldon for no real reason. Married couples want to be together alone especially since they can afford to do it. It seems to me it was easier to deal with Sheldon and than confront living together. That's an issue that goes back to season 6 when they tried living together and Penny didn't communicate that back then she didn't want that. They lived with Sheldon for a year and this season Amy got him to move out not Lenny going out on they have own. So they lived together the past 6 or 7 episodes. In that time others have earlier chronicled that they secretly tried to move each other stuff out of their apartment, Penny complained about Leonard putting not enough effort in their relationship(LOL), apparently got into their biggest argument, and Penny invited herbrother to stay with them without Leonard's knowledge. All those examples could of been prevented if their communication were better. Married couples argue. I can speak from personal experience.  But most don't argue this regularly and almost all communicate better than them.

Posted

12 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

What examples can you give?

I didn't say their communication is perfect, but saying they haven't improved at all is plain wrong.

20 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Since getting married they have spent their wedding night apart.

And there was a good reason for that. Not to mention that they handled this exceptionally well, probably better than most couples would have. They probably had one of their most meaningful talks ever.

22 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

After that they moved in with Sheldon for no real reason.

For no real reason? Did you skip the episode? They decided to live with Sheldon out of pure courtesy. Sheldon was going through a rough breakup and he needed them. Sheldon didn't ask them to stay with him, but they did anyway. They talked about this and both agreed to stay. How's that bad communication?

24 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

So they lived together the past 6 or 7 episodes. In that time others have earlier chronicled that they secretly tried to move each other stuff out of their apartment

So what? Don't make it sound like it was a big deal. A quick conversation and the whole thing was done. If you believe what Leonard did in the tag scene had any meaning whatsover, I have bad news for you.

28 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Penny complained about Leonard putting not enough effort in their relationship

You're right, she should've just swallowed it up and never mention it again because that's what good communication is all about. Congratulations.

31 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Penny invited herbrother to stay with them without Leonard's knowledge.

Everyone makes mistakes.

Posted

2 minutes ago, FileXxX said:

I didn't say their communication is perfect, but saying they haven't improved at all is plain wrong.

And there was a good reason for that. Not to mention that they handled this exceptionally well, probably better than most couples would have. They probably had one of their most meaningful talks ever.

For no real reason? Did you skip the episode? They decided to live with Sheldon out of pure courtesy. Sheldon was going through a rough breakup and he needed them. Sheldon didn't ask them to stay with him, but they did anyway. They talked about this and both agreed to stay. How's that bad communication?

So what? Don't make it sound like it was a big deal. A quick conversation and the whole thing was done. If you believe what Leonard did in the tag scene had any meaning whatsover, I have bad news for you.

You're right, she should've just swallowed it up and never mention it again because that's what good communication is all about. Congratulations.

Everyone makes mistakes.

First of all the discussion took place  after the fact. Leonard cheated on Penny and didn't tell Penny for two years. No communication.

When you get married your number one priority is each other not an imaginary problem Sheldon has. Sheldon had Amy. Leonard always complained about living with Sheldon and Penny did too. This should have been that opportunity. Courtesy? LOL they would have been across the hall.

Penny complaining about Leonard. This was a case if she had a problem to discuss it on their own not in front of others. This was more inappropriate communication.

Penny mistake. I agree with you it was a mistake. But when you make a mistake you should acknowledge it instead telling your spouse I'm going to throw you under the bus to my father. It doesn't appear she admitted she was wrong.

JE7 and serenaded214 like this

Posted

1 hour ago, FileXxX said:

That's one way to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Exactly.

And theirs being constructive. It is not making a mountain out of a molehill. Just stating examples. As said their is many on and off screen of Lenny not communicating, and lying to each other. The lies are not a big deal, but its their. 

Posted

14 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

And theirs being constructive. It is not making a mountain out of a molehill. Just stating examples. As said their is many on and off screen of Lenny not communicating, and lying to each other. The lies are not a big deal, but its their. 

The thing is in IMO it becomes a bigger deal after you say I do. But Lenny has had ten years of not communicating. Such as:

1-3 Leonard asked Penny out to dinner on a date under the false premise that the rest of the gang was coming.

2-1 Penny didn't tell Leonard that she too insecure to date Leonard because of her lack of education. Sheldon told Leonard.

2-23 Penny pretended that she wasn't going to miss him while he was going to the North Pole.

3-19 Penny broke up with Leonard based on Wil Wheaton instead of discussing the problems in their relationship.

6-1 and 6-2 Penny was contemplating breaking up with Leonard instead of discussing her concerns with their relationship. Fortunate one of the few times Sheldon kept his mouth shut.

6-12 Leonard not telling Penny about Alex.

and all the one previously mentioned by myself and others. 

Some of them are bigger than others obviously. But the longer you are together it seems to me communication between the two should be easier. They have had a few good discussions but as of late it has seemed to have gotten worse.

As for the lies I think it was easier to ignore in earlier seasons. Kind of like most people being more tolerable of Sheldon's behavior in earlier seasons.

3ku11, JE7 and jenafan like this

Posted

Well its like Leonard kissing Mandy, then lieing about it. I am a pretty black and white person, to me that was cheating. But others have other interpretations. Same thing here. Leonard and Penny lying, even over small things. Exact Parralell to Season 7, when Leonard lied he was okay about Penny pursuing acting. Then found out he wasen't, same thing. That is a clear lack of communication. Leonard lying he was okay about Penny going behind his back with this brother thing. Then finding out Leonard was lying. That is once again, a clear lack of communication. The show don't need to over complicate things, even over simplifying things would be an improovement. Just have Penny and Leonard go to the hallway and talk. Lenny did not need a RA in the past to communicate, I Am not sure why it was even brought up. IT is fine for Shamy, as they are that kinda relationship. They are more structured. Lenny has always been off the cuff. Spontaneous. Trying to manage all of that, takes away it all. Like Messy Penny trying to make her more domesticated, is madness too me. Could you imagine if they had a RA in Season 6? Would of never got the Hologram Scenes, or the amazing ILY in 43 Penc. I just hope this RA is a throwaway gag, and like the mandy kiss. Never mentioned again ever. And I do agree the audience tend to be less forgiving these days then they were earlier in the show. 

jenafan and JE7 like this

Posted

Just now, Chrismo said:

He should of told her right away. Granted the whole thing for me was far fetched to begin with.

It is kind of obvious your not married. Sheldon's problem is what? He's a pain in the ass. He's used to getting his own way. He's not a little kid.

if I was a Shamy fan I would be very positive. A main storyline every week. Nothing to complain about. The fact remains Lenny has had less airtime and minor storylines. It's rather noticeable when you watch season 6 and early season 7 ,which is on TBS this week, and then compare it to season 10.

I am not going to derail this thread into the Mandy boat kiss thing again. But Leonard had two years to tell Penny. He did on their wedding day. So that says it all. Sabotage. And I agree when you have something to compare to. IT is rather obvious how much Lenny have been diminished. 

Posted (edited)

21 hours ago, spidergirl said:

I would realy liked to have a chance of asking writers why this all lenny frustrating plotlines by these days.  Couples fight, true. Two person would never agree about everything and have never similar pov about all things but couples in love work them out , as they try to get a balanced place for the things they dont agree. The feeling I get and dont get me wrong, as fan of the show I am upset too for lenny recent diference of opinions and not much peaceful place to them be in their relationship , is the frustrating crescendo the characthers week after week might have been kept for themselves. Lenny love each other and they have been very different since first time they met. So so far nothing too much changed on  board. So why they can't have character evolution and evolve as any another tbbt couple?

There are so many things as a married  couple lenny could get into , I cant believe writers get lazy about  writing them. Writers have shown that they still can be creative with plotlines after 10 seasons. Maybe they would put the rest of tbbt characters quietly in backgound as they develop what is missing in lenny ' s world for a few episodes.  They were used to be passionate and enthusiastic, Leonard with his more romantic heart, Penny with her more pratical side but always so dedicated to each other. That love flame is not dead, it only needs to be ignite with situations  that get credit to their best traits. They love each other, we only need them to show it week after week as a new married situation catch them for we laugh about and make aww as well.

Writers, let's work about lenny relationship please. The most difficult is done, Sheldon moved out from 4 A and he is really determined to love his Amy forever and alone with her. So let 's show why lenny is one of best sitcom couples ever! 

I like your post and agree with a lot of what you say. I cannot understand why TPTB are writing so much Lenny angst. Episode after episode Lenny fighting. Isn't this supposed to be a comedy? Where is the fun in people being mean, petty and vile to each other when they are supposed to love one another? Lenny seems to get worse as time goes by, not better. I'm baffled.

Edited by Carlos
Spelling
veejay, jenafan and spidergirl like this

Posted (edited)

What kind of Sitcom would this be if anytime conflict arises, the characters just go out to the hallway and talk about it?  In the end, Lenny is is married and in love. Who cares if they fight every now and again?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Edited by Tensor
Removed comment directed at another poster.
FileXxX likes this

Posted

I'll just concentrate on that sentence of your post because just like the rest of it, they are simply your opinions, and not any kind of absolute truth.

1 hour ago, serenaded214 said:

What kind of Sitcom would this be if anytime conflict arises, the characters just go out to the hallway and talk about it?  In the end, Lenny is is married and in love. Who cares if they fight every now and again?

Exactly! But..... if this is a sitcom.....why so much drama and angst constantly written for Lenny?

3ku11 and veejay like this

Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, serenaded214 said:

What kind of Sitcom would this be if anytime conflict arises, the characters just go out to the hallway and talk about it? FFS, stop treating this like a drama series. In the end, Lenny is is married and in love. Who cares if they fight every now and again?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

What kinda sitcom? Well TbbT. It's just an opinion Lenny don't need a RA to co exist. But in this case I would say. It's another example of a lack of communication. An "every now and then". That would be fine, if it was true. But theirs no balance. All the show seem to do with Lenny these days. Is put them behind kitchen island. Or create fake drama. For the sake of it. Then drop it. So sorry I don't see how the format, has to do with correct communication. Most of Lennys major moments and milestones have existed in the hallway. You say "stop treating this like a drama". Well maybe tptb should.

Edited by 3ku11

Posted

22 minutes ago, Carlos said:

I like your post and agree with a lot of what you say. I cannot understand why TPTB are writing so much Lenny angst. Episode after episode Lenny fighting. Isn't this supposed to be a comedy? Where is the fun un people being mean, petty and vile to each other when they are supposed to love one another? Lenny seems to get worse as time goes by, and not better. I'm baffled.

I'm baffled by Penny insinuating to Leonard that it was his fault she had to live with Sheldon.  She is the one who caved after Leonard signed his walking papers and rights to the couch to move into 4B with her.  She is the one who took Sheldon's side over his silly annual roommate meetings.

Furthermore, she fails to consult with Leonard regarding much of anything.    She just acts and then gets mad at him for getting mad at her.

Nonetheless, Leonard adores his little pink-loving bully.   I just wish they would spend more airtime focusing on why Penny and Leonard are together instead of giving us the impression they made a mistake.  Penny tells others she is happy, but the things she says about her marriage and does give off a whole different impression.

... And I agree that it seems at times as if Leonard is just worn out, and he can no longer blame it all on Sheldon.

veejay, JE7, ajond and 4 others like this

Posted

Isn't a fact 4a is across the hall from 4b?