Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

9,270 posts in this topic

Posted

4 minutes ago, FileXxX said:

 

What opinion are you talking about? You mean the fact that Leonard and Penny continued to live with Sheldon because he was an emotional wreck? 

So was he still an emotional wreck when he got back together with Amy? They broke up for nine episodes. How do you explain the rest of season 9 and the beginning of season 10?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

15 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Isn't a fact 4a is across the hall from 4b?

Or 4b is across from 4A :icon_cheesygrin:.In any case this episode seems a rehash of previous seasons episodes. My main gripe. Is this constant tiresome drama. That's just repeated Cannon. Too many inconsistencies. And are allowing all the other couples to evolve. But Lenny are stagnant tbh. Stuck in a rut. This is not about their love for each other. But they are burnt out I feel. Wouldent be surprised if next episode. Leonard drops a fork. And they get into a screaming match haha.

I do agree with saying This new Cannon of Penny now feeling under appreciated. Blaming Leonard for staying with Sheldon lol. Umm hello Babe, it's was up to you. Worrying she's turning into good ol Bev. Even though Leonard married. You for the complete opposite reason. I did like the therapy Ep Sales Call Sublimation s9. Because they really explored these issues properly. What I would love to see is Lenny regularly seeing a marriage counsellor. Not necessarily on screen. But little updates. Lenny get closer because of it. And show digs into why they are together. Not why they are not.

Replacing Early Cannon is not something I've come to appreciate.

Edited by 3ku11
joyceraye and 5Mississippis like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, serenaded214 said:

What kind of Sitcom would this be if anytime conflict arises, the characters just go out to the hallway and talk about it?  In the end, Lenny is is married and in love. Who cares if they fight every now and again?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
 

Lots of people care. 

 

Edited by JE7
That's not all I said

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

22 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Tiny conflict consistently every week. Ppl are just over the constant Lenny angst. I'm not sure why your getting so defensive. You have an opinion. Does not make it absolute truth. Nor does it mine. 

Well she does tell her Family she's happy with Leonard. I just think both are worn out dealing with Sheldon for years lol. Prob need a vacation.

I wonder if they ever redeemed the tickets Sheldon gave them as a wedding gift.  If they were smart, they should have left him behind.

We really need to see an episode where Lenny get away.  I'm all ready for a trip to Nebraska so Penny can really appreciate what she has in Leonard, but not if the only thing we are going to see is them behind the kitchen island telling Shamy their plans, a conversation in the front seat of the car on the way to and fro, and another scene behind the kitchen island rehashing what happened on the trip to Shamy.

I'm so over seeing Lenny in the same setting week after week.  Island, car, hallway, couch, car, island, couch, hallway, car.

Where is the romantic dinner?  What about a movie?  Leonard showing up at Penny's job?  What if they go to New Jersey?  There are so many opportunities available.

I miss the Penny who went online to buy Leonard a toy helicopter to make him feel better.  I didn't care for the one who wanted to shove a power ranger up his butt when he tried to return the favor in his own way, although I did get a chuckle out of that scene.  My favorite part was the way he turned it's head before giving it to her.  It seemed like such an intimate gesture to me.

Edited by jenafan
serenaded214, xjax, JE7 and 5 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

1 minute ago, Chrismo said:

So was he still an emotional wreck when he got back together with Amy?

I'd say no, but nobody can say for sure. But that was not your initial statement. Your initial statement was "They moved in with Sheldon for no reason" and I gave you the reason. Why they continued to live with him after he got back together with Amy is debatable because it wasn't made clear. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

1 hour ago, serenaded214 said:

What kind of Sitcom would this be if anytime conflict arises, the characters just go out to the hallway and talk about it?  In the end, Lenny is is married and in love. Who cares if they fight every now and again?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
 

Well if they got rid of Bernadette and Amy and went back to the original premise that would get rid of most of the drama since that would get rid of two thirds of the relationships. The writers brought drama into the show. Also what would the point of this forum if everyone agreed on everything?

JE7 and 3ku11 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

11 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Well if they got rid of Bernadette and Amy and went back to the original premise that would get rid of most of the drama since that would get rid of two thirds of the relationships. The writers brought drama into the show. Also what would the point of this forum if everyone agreed on everything?

Tbf. In Season 5-7 it was still mostly a comedy. The major change to the show for me, starting around the decline of the show s8 imo. Was the change of Dynamics from friendship dynamics, he'll even relationship dynamics, romantically. To these couples Dynamics. And of course once the guys got their perfect woman. A lot of that comedy was gone. Writing for me has declined. But I watch Season 1-3. And I miss Amy and Bernadette lol. I mean I could watch without them. But I do notice a difference them not existing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Tbf. In Season 5-7 it was still mostly a comedy. The major change to the show for me, starting around the decline of the show s8 imo. Was the change of Dynamics from friendship dynamics, he'll even relationship dynamics, romantically. To these couples Dynamics. And of course once the guys got their perfect woman. A lot of that comedy was gone. Writing for me has declined. But I watch Season 1-3. And I miss Amy and Bernadette lol. I mean I could watch without them. But I do notice a difference them not existing.

 I think(barring 1 or 2 unpleasant episodes) the writing for Shamy and Howardette has been great, but the writing for Lenny has declined. So...I wouldn't say the entire show has declined.  JMO of course. 

Edited by serena_1995

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

I'm thinking the Raj story line seems extraordinarily unlikely. Why would any of the women show up? Lucy and deaf Emily in particular. Especially Lucy. The average person might find this gathering uncomfortable. Hard to believe Lucy would go. I could see cemetery Emily showing up as She is kind of weird that way. Perhaps Clair would go just to see the weirdness. 

That aside I'd be happy to watch all of them except deaf Emily. Did Raj offer her a gift to come?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

42 minutes ago, serena_1995 said:

 I think(barring 1 or 2 unpleasant episodes) the writing for Shamy and Howardette has been great, but the writing for Lenny has declined. So...I wouldn't say the entire show has declined.  JMO of course. 

Well I normally think S8 was their worst season writing wise. While its improoved since then. And not unwatchable. Not as strong as the first six seasons. 

HeWolf and JE7 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

45 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

I'm thinking the Raj story line seems extraordinarily unlikely. Why would any of the women show up? Lucy and deaf Emily in particular. Especially Lucy. The average person might find this gathering uncomfortable. Hard to believe Lucy would go. I could see cemetery Emily showing up as She is kind of weird that way. Perhaps Clair would go just to see the weirdness. 

That aside I'd be happy to watch all of them except deaf Emily. Did Raj offer her a gift to come?

Actually, it's a fair point. It's extraordinarily generous of these women to show up to anything except a Drop-Kick Raj Up The Koothrapalli event. Maybe he bribed them, or the inducement of giving him a 'The Reason You Suck' speech was enough?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Look we have had worser tapings then that, this is not our first rodeo :icon_cheesygrin:. Im sure it well be fine. I do like the idea of Lenny going on a vacation. I think they are prob worn down by life. And are lashing out at each other. IF this was S3, be like ehh typical Penny. Now? Its like communicate with your husband lol. A Trip to Nebraska could do them well. I mean if I had was standing behind a kitchen for three years non stop, I Would lose it. 

As for Raj. Yeah it is incredibly generous. I Don't think Raj is as bad as Charlie Harper. One episode all his ex girlfriends haunted him in his sleep. IF all these woman showed up and one by one they give him a low blow. And we get speeches by the woman, Oh And I Tell you he's no pro in the bedroom either haha. 

joyceraye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

4 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

I am not going to derail this thread into the Mandy boat kiss thing again. But Leonard had two years to tell Penny. He did on their wedding day. So that says it all. Sabotage. And I agree when you have something to compare to. IT is rather obvious how much Lenny have been diminished. 

Yes, but to be fair, when he woke up that morning, he didn't know it was going to be his wedding day.

And besides, he didn't cheat. :)

 

joyceraye and JE7 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I don't think the 10.14 fight will be a very big one but I'm getting tired of this immature Penny... She keeps doing things she knows Leonard will have problems with (e.g, hiding his stuff, in S9 making Sheldon add things to the roommate agreement to get her way) behind his back, then gets mad at him when he finds out and never admits she was wrong, though at least in some of this cases it is clear that she recognizes it. As for Leonard staying mad about Randall coming over after (originally) ending the fight and not telling Penny - I don't see this as a problem. When she decided to focus on acting he didn't like it and lied about it but you could see that he wants to support her  even though it was hard for him (especially when he bought the car), that why, IMO, he lied. I see some similarity between these two cases. I believe Leonard didn't want to keep fighting about it and refuse to help Randall, so he pretended to be fine. Yet he was still upset and I can understand that. People are not robots, many times you don't just get over things so quickly just because you made a decision to do so. If it wasn't for Sheldon's machine the fight would have been over. Perhaps Leonard would still be upset but not as much. Both could recognize it as a sacrifice he does for Penny, like the time she went to pick up his mother from the airport. Couples make sacrifices for each other, JMO it becomes a bigger problem when the other doesn't recognize it but I don't think that's the case in this situation.

My main issue is the continuous fighting. Episode after episode. It makes me worried. When did we see them fighting like this again and again? maybe in S7 but it was a rough time for Penny and they did communicate and made up, on screen, at the time. Where are the writers going with this? a divorce? I really hope we will discover that it is mostly due to some issue that hasn't been revealed it, like Penny or Leonard or both feeling stressed or frustrated about something... work, helping Shamy off-screen (maybe Sheldon keeps asking them to do all kinds of things for him rather than asking Amy because he enjoys living with her and doesn't want to scare her away), health issues, perhaps trying and not succeeding yet to get pregnant (this could generate a lot of tension, especially for insecure people such as Lenny, and yes Penny appears confident but she certainly doesn't lack insecurities)... I really hope it will be attributed to some source of frustration, thus enabling repair...

I also think we need to zoom-out from Lenny a little bit. TBBT couples are not that healthy and functional. Take Howardette for example: Bernie is frequently much more bossy and mean to Howard then Penny is to Leonard. They have this mother-child kind of relationships, I think there are more examples of them having this dynamic than there are of Shamy. It has been better lately but still, over the years they showed many problematic behaviors. In The Solder Excursion Diversion the conversation between Howard and Leonard in the movie theater made it quite clear that Howard lies(/hides things) to his wife more than Leonard does to his. It's not as bad as hiding the boat kiss but still... (I didn't like Leonard hiding the boat kiss but I also don't see it as cheating, Mandy kissed him and he was drunk and confused so he was slow to react. If you consider that as cheating then you should consider Beverly's kiss to Sheldon in The Maternal Congruence as mutual). Bernadette sometimes yells at him when he is just trying to be sweet and funny. JMO, she also disrespect his interests much more then Penny disrespects Leonard's. Penny watched many Sci-Fi movies and series and has some knowledge in that area (she is not happy about having that knowledge but still has it). Bernadette (and Amy to a lesser extent) rarely shows  any interest in her SO's interests. Yet Howardette are considered a very stable couple, perhaps the most stable one. 

Edited by bfm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

1 hour ago, bfm said:

I don't think the 10.14 fight will be a very big one but I'm getting tired of this immature Penny... She keeps doing things she knows Leonard will have problems with (e.g, hiding his stuff, in S9 making Sheldon add things to the roommate agreement to get her way) behind his back, then gets mad at him when he finds out and never admits she was wrong, though at least in some of this cases it is clear that she recognizes it. As for Leonard staying mad about Randall coming over after (originally) ending the fight and not telling Penny - I don't see this as a problem. When she decided to focus on acting he didn't like it and lied about it but you could see that he wants to support her  even though it was hard for him (especially when he bought the car), that why, IMO, he lied. I see some similarity between these two cases. I believe Leonard didn't want to keep fighting about it and refuse to help Randall, so he pretended to be fine. Yet he was still upset and I can understand that. People are not robots, many times you don't just get over things so quickly just because you made a decision to do so. If it wasn't for Sheldon's machine the fight would have been over. Perhaps Leonard would still be upset but not as much. Both could recognize it as a sacrifice he does for Penny, like the time she went to pick up his mother from the airport. Couples make sacrifices for each other, JMO it becomes a bigger problem when the other doesn't recognize it but I don't think that's the case in this situation.

My main issue is the continuous fighting. Episode after episode. It makes me worried. When did we see them fighting like this again and again? maybe in S7 but it was a rough time for Penny and they did communicate and made up, on screen, at the time. Where are the writers going with this? a divorce? I really hope we will discover that it is mostly due to some issue that hasn't been revealed it, like Penny or Leonard or both feeling stressed or frustrated about something... work, helping Shamy off-screen (maybe Sheldon keeps asking them to do all kinds of things for him rather than asking Amy because he enjoys living with her and doesn't want to scare her away), health issues, perhaps trying and not succeeding yet to get pregnant (this could generate a lot of tension, especially for insecure people such as Lenny, and yes Penny appears confident but she certainly doesn't lack insecurities)... I really hope it will be attributed to some source of frustration, thus enabling repair...

I also think we need to zoom-out from Lenny a little bit. TBBT couples are not that healthy and functional. Take Howardette for example: Bernie is frequently much more bossy and mean to Howard then Penny is to Leonard. They have this mother-child kind of relationships, I think there are more examples of them having this dynamic than there are of Shamy. It has been better lately but still, over the years they showed many problematic behaviors. In The Solder Excursion Diversion the conversation between Howard and Leonard in the movie theater made it quite clear that Howard lies(/hides things) to his wife more than Leonard does to his. It's not as bad as hiding the boat kiss but still... (I didn't like Leonard hiding the boat kiss but I also don't see it as cheating, Mandy kissed him and he was drunk and confused so he was slow to react. If you consider that as cheating then you should consider Beverly's kiss to Sheldon in The Maternal Congruence as mutual). Bernadette sometimes yells at him when he is just trying to be sweet and funny. JMO, she also disrespect his interests much more then Penny disrespects Leonard's. Penny watched many Sci-Fi movies and series and has some knowledge in that area (she is not happy about having that knowledge but still has it). Bernadette (and Amy to a lesser extent) rarely shows  any interest in her SO's interests. Yet Howardette are considered a very stable couple, perhaps the most stable one. 

Agree with this. Not sure with the parallels with Sheldon and Bev. Neither were drunk. And both were single. I guess I'm pretty black and white person when It comes to these things. Leonard did cheat. And I don't think that makes him evil. He's human. But that's just my point of view on it. I agree the irony of Bernadette and Amy having more in common with H and S. Yet to be honest Penny seems to have more geeky knowledge. More interest in Sci Fi movies etc. Actively watches them. Buffy. Luke Cage was successful recently. I do agree too, Penny needs to grow up. 

3 hours ago, BigBang15 said:

Yes, but to be fair, when he woke up that morning, he didn't know it was going to be his wedding day.

And besides, he didn't cheat. :)

 

Hmm yeah looks like I'm in the minority on this one. Kisses a girl. Doesent tell Penny for two years. Too me that's cheating. But that's jmo.

Lagernisse and serenaded214 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

27 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Agree with this. Not sure with the parallels with Sheldon and Bev. Neither were drunk. And both were single. I guess I'm pretty black and white person when It comes to these things. Leonard did cheat. And I don't think that makes him evil. He's human. But that's just my point of view on it. I agree the irony of Bernadette and Amy having more in common with H and S. Yet to be honest Penny seems to have more geeky knowledge. More interest in Sci Fi movies etc. Actively watches them. Buffy. Luke Cage was successful recently. I do agree too, Penny needs to grow up. 

Hmm yeah looks like I'm in the minority on this one. Kisses a girl. Doesent tell Penny for two years. Too me that's cheating. But that's jmo.

What I mean by comparing this to Beverly and Sheldon is that she kissed him and he didn't want to be kissed by her but didn't withdraw at the first millisecond. I think Leonard did bad by not telling Penny but I imagine it as something quite short and not very reciprocal, I think Mandy kissed him and he did not withdraw very quickly because he was drunk. So I don't think this event by itself was that bad, if he told her right away maybe she would be angry but eventually forgive him since he was drunk, hence not able to react fast enough 

Edited by bfm
joyceraye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I doubt they'll bring this up, but having her brother live with him could  jeopardize his security clearance on the guidance project.

 

And really, what drug company is going to hire a recent ex-con who was in jail for making crystal meth?

Edited by BigBang15
HeWolf, Carlos and legacy99 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

25 minutes ago, BigBang15 said:

I doubt they'll bring this up, but having her brother live with him could  jeopardize his security clearance on the guidance project.

 

And really, what drug company is going to hire a recent ex-con who was in jail for making crystal meth?

You're right on both counts, but I doubt anyone on the writing team knows that because they have no experience or background to know that stuff.  Besides why let facts control a good story, they never let facts stop them before.

HeWolf, Denise07, JE7 and 4 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 9:09 AM, SRAM said:

You're right on both counts, but I doubt anyone on the writing team knows that because they have no experience or background to know that stuff.  Besides why let facts control a good story, they never let facts stop them before.

I don't see a problem with a literary license. However when the story is not that good to begin with, the complete disregard for facts becomes more noticeable and contributes to the inorganic nature of the whole thing. I agree with you that TPTB have never let facts get in the way. So much so, in fact, that they have never even let invented facts (canon) get in the way either, thus affecting continuity. For me all this is a problem because the suspension of disbelief is greatly affected.

Edited by Carlos
spelling
HeWolf, jenafan, 3ku11 and 2 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

1 hour ago, CaffeineBuzz said:

I think Kerry probably mentioned this in her BTS part of her TR but I just wanted to highlight it since we're all chomping at the bit for any clues as to the state of the negotiations for new seasons/contracts.

There was one interesting deviation during this taping and that was that during the speech at the balcony, Kaley went off the usual script (because yes it is scripted) to specifically say "I don't know what you've all heard but I know I want to be here for alot longer".  We all kind of looked at each other quizzically when she said that cause it had never crossed our minds that she wouldn't want to still be part of the show or that the show wouldn't continue to have her.  But she was very specific in referencing herself in that bit, not "us" just "I".  So I don't know exactly what the point was with her saying that other than she seems to be aware of the types of rumors swirling around, specifically about her and this latest round of negotiations.  

So it looks like we've hit the phase of the negotiations where both sides of the table start making cryptic accusatory comments aimed at putting pressure on the other side to move things along.  

Yikes!  Now do we need to worry about battle lines being drawn a la Lorre v. Sheen in Two-and-a-Half Men?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

27 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

Yikes!  Now do we need to worry about battle lines being drawn a la Lorre v. Sheen in Two-and-a-Half Men?

Kaley v Lorre :icon_cheesygrin:. Wonder who win that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

After the latest taping, it makes you wonder if the writers are planning a reconciliation between Raj and Lucy. If I remember correctly, the report mentioned that Lucy was/is in another relationship. However, since the two met on Valentine's Day, and the holiday will be approaching after the airing of this particular episode, could this be a subtle hint to a "Rajucy 2.0"? I guess only time (and the next taping report) will tell...

joyceraye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

13 minutes ago, Kev0821 said:

After the latest taping, it makes you wonder if the writers are planning a reconciliation between Raj and Lucy. If I remember correctly, the report mentioned that Lucy was/is in another relationship. However, since the two met on Valentine's Day, and the holiday will be approaching after the airing of this particular episode, could this be a subtle hint to a "Rajucy 2.0"? I guess only time (and the next taping report) will tell...

I know it's an unpopular opinion. I hope Lucy is the only one for Raj imo. I can foresee Lucy has matured. And who knows maybe the show is trying to give Raj a kick up the backside with this "Ghost of girlfriends past". Raj may mature who knows. I think in a way they got each other. Lucy to me made Raj almost human. I know ALOT here had an issue with the storyline. Not funny etc. But I don't know both have severe social anxieties. I really loved their library date. So I don't know I see where the show were heading with the two. So yeah I wouldent be against Rajily 2.0. As I post this I see pitchforks lol.

Edited by 3ku11
joyceraye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now