Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

10,844 posts in this topic

Posted

15 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

Doormat is funny. Easy to write, Lazy writing. Living in a dream world to get laughs. Amy should win awards every year. But yeah I can see clearly now. At the announcement when they officially confirm two more seasons. Amy will be made a main character that's why tptb could be slowly making shamy the main couple to coincide with the Sheldon Show. It make sense if the show is going to carry on as everything revolves around sheldon. Lenny demoted to secondary status and the butt of the jokes for Sheldon and shamy. Can't wait.

Lol. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

It seems to me the kid to play Sheldon will be too old by the time the show airs. If Lenny was getting "demoted" than neither would of signed for two more years. As to Mayim being a main character has her million dollar an episode been announced? It seems to me Mayim should be worshipping the ground JP stands on.

JE7 and JohnPhD like this

Posted

Sarcastism . As for Johnny and Kaley. I hope it's not about $

JE7 and serenaded214 like this

Posted

A lot of presumptions going around here. Nothing has been confirmed yet. If J and K sign an extension (very likely). It is unlikely they well be demoted to Kunal and Stuart level. While from a plot point of view they have not been a focus. Clearly Shamy have. I mean 99% of the plots this season Shamy have been the catalyst. But in a Way Lenny have returned to being forefront of the show. Most of the plots when at 4A. Lenny are front and centre. Without Lenny together. We have a fractured group. As for Mayim she is getting more screen time then Kaley. But unless she gets some kinda pay rise. Unlikely or just speculation. I doubt much we'll change their. We well just have to wait.

Posted

A lot of presumptions going around here. Nothing has been confirmed yet. If J and K sign an extension (very likely). It is unlikely they well be demoted to Kunal and Stuart level. While from a plot point of view they have not been a focus. Clearly Shamy have. I mean 99% of the plots this season Shamy have been the catalyst. But in a Way Lenny have returned to being forefront of the show. Most of the plots when at 4A. Lenny are front and centre. Without Lenny together. We have a fractured group. As for Mayim she is getting more screen time then Kaley. But unless she gets some kinda pay rise. Unlikely or just speculation. I doubt much we'll change their. We well just have to wait.

Yeah in way but not enough. Just waiting for 10x22-1024, from the last 3 seasons, that's when lenny get some juice. Or the beginning of the season. Cliffhaggar and nothing, better than what we get the whole season. Longer time tho.

JE7 and legacy99 like this

Posted

3 hours ago, Judith said:

Oh yeah, TPTB have allowed a supportive character to surpass the supposedly central female character of the show in screentime/plots/lines because she's TOTES ~unpleasant and ~unattractive. Not even Sheldon has the power to do that. People LIKE the character and WANT to see more of her, otherwise she wouldn't be here now.

That is not necessarily true. Amy's receiving more screen time because lately the writers seem to be enamored with Sheldon and she's his partner. Even if beauty is in the eye of the beholder, Amy (not Mayim) as shown in TBBT is meant to be shown as less attractive than Penny. And from where do you think that people like the character and want to see more of her? I don't think there's any proof for or against that. We know the writers do. I personally like the Amy character (mostly) even if I don't like her as much as  I like Penny. It would be nice it they could make her a more fleshed out character and not just a Sheldon foil, because even of she's getting more screen time than Penny now-a-days, Penny is a full fledged out character and Amy's not.

Denise07, legacy99, JE7 and 5 others like this

Posted

5 minutes ago, vonmar said:

In the olden days, people who did detailed oriented work like bankers, newspaper copy editors, accountants etc...used to wear a visor or green eyeshade which reduced eyestrain from harsh lighting.  Wikipedia 

We know how Sheldon loves to dress for a role he is taking on, so of course he put one on.

Ohhh makes sense lmao. Thanks!

Posted

7 minutes ago, vonmar said:

In the olden days, people who did detailed oriented work like bankers, newspaper copy editors, accountants etc...used to wear a visor or green eyeshade which reduced eyestrain from harsh lighting.  Wikipedia 

We know how Sheldon loves to dress for a role he is taking on, so of course he put one on.

Lol that's cute.

Maddie and serena_1995 like this

Posted

6 hours ago, Chrismo said:

And Sheldon has what four or five degrees and what does he have to show for it? His career has been a total bust.

What does that have to do with Penny's qualifications for her job? It is irrelevant to the topic.

brilliantfool and serenaded214 like this

Posted

4 hours ago, Judith said:

Oh yeah, TPTB have allowed a supportive character to surpass the supposedly central female character of the show in screentime/plots/lines because she's TOTES ~unpleasant and ~unattractive. Not even Sheldon has the power to do that. People LIKE the character and WANT to see more of her, otherwise she wouldn't be here now.

Sheldon's a jerk and the furthest thing from a hunk, yet he's been given greatly increased focus over the years.

JE7 and legacy99 like this

Posted

6 hours ago, Kathy2611 said:

Re. cheating - Here's a good way to determine it.  If it's something you wouldn't do in front of your SO (anything physical with another person), then it's cheating.  If it's something you would do, and you still love and care for your SO, then it's not.

Not everyone shares that definition.

brilliantfool likes this

Posted

Stuart dealing from a position of strength is so alien to me now.  He wasn't this confident even when he was mooching off of Howard's mother and rubbing Howard's face in it.

legacy99 likes this

Posted

4 hours ago, Carlos said:

That is not necessarily true. Amy's receiving more screen time because lately the writers seem to be enamored with Sheldon and she's his partner. Even if beauty is in the eye of the beholder, Amy (not Mayim) as shown in TBBT is meant to be shown as less attractive than Penny. And from where do you think that people like the character and want to see more of her? I don't think there's any proof for or against that. We know the writers do. I personally like the Amy character (mostly) even if I don't like her as much as  I like Penny. It would be nice it they could make her a more fleshed out character and not just a Sheldon foil, because even of she's getting more screen time than Penny now-a-days, Penny is a full fledged out character and Amy's not.

But Amy is a fleshed out character, she has a lot of defining characteristics, she has a full name (something that even Penny was denied before becoming a Hofstadter), a career, a back story, hobbies, interests, a personality, virtues and shortcomings, etc.

The problem is not that she isn't developed as a character (she is), the problem is that the writers are ignoring that on purpose to be able to use her (as you said) just as a foil for Sheldon, just as Leonard and Penny are being neglected and seem to be activated only when they are going to interact with the golden boy, despite being main characters.

Currently, the only ones that are breathing by themselves are Howardette and Halley's nannies, and they are saved basically because they aren't Sheldon's partner (Amy) nor his de-facto parents (Lenny).

brilliantfool, JE7, Gbb and 4 others like this

Posted

with Michael Ausiello there makes me wonder if something big is happening in one of the storylines, because isnt he a celeb/entertainment reporter?

joyceraye and bfm like this

Posted

2 minutes ago, RoRo said:

with Michael Ausiello there makes me wonder if something big is happening in one of the storylines, because isnt he a celeb/entertainment reporter?

Michael has been a friend of the show/actors for a very long time.  If you haven't seen his Comic Con interviews with the cast you should check them out on You Tube...they're terrific.

Michael is NYC based...I'm not sure why he is in LA.  I know that the Oscars are this week, but he is strictly a TV guy.

Scoops usually go to their  best girl at Glamour, Jessica Radloff, but who knows.

brilliantfool and joyceraye like this

Posted

2 hours ago, Sah said:

Love it!!

Yes this!!!!

Disagree...

That Sheldons a jerk or not a hunk? Because that's Cannon. 

Posted

6 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

That Sheldons a jerk or not a hunk? Because that's Cannon. 

I love the character of Sheldon. Everything about him, including his looks.