Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

11,089 posts in this topic

Posted

4 hours ago, JE7 said:

I expect the thread to get locked down at least once while I am gone I don't want Tensor to feel neglected :icon_cheesygrin:

If it does, it may not be me.  After this last TR, I have some thinking to do. 

legacy99 and john2p like this

Posted

Raj was upset because he upset Sheldon (maybe he later realized he overreacted when he called Sheldon a jerk), but mostly because Beverly's revelation about Raj replacing sheldon as a buffer was a catalyst for Lenny drama- Leonard angrily jumps on Skype, Penny feels defensive about her brother, Leonars is now afraid that Beverly might be right, and Penny sees Leonards reaction as maybe weak.

They dont fight WITH Raj, and Penny made it clear too, but Raj is feeling guilty. The theme with him in this episode, and he talks about it with Stuart, is feeling guilty about using friends and beeing a leech. That, coupled with the in-fighting with Lenny and Sheldon getting upset about his own relationship insecurity, had Raj fleeing the apartment building.

Raj's note to Lenny was short but says some of this, I just cant remember the details becauae Johnny flubbed his linea reading it and everyone howled!

Thank you for explaining and hope you had a great time. I still dont understand how it could lead to a fight, couldnt they have sat down and talked about it, like couples do instead of turning it into drama. Why is it that every single lenny interaction has to be turned into a fight. It's getting boring and to be honest I'm getting sick of it. I fear for their future.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Posted

15 minutes ago, 2L344 said:

Raj was upset because he upset Sheldon (maybe he later realized he overreacted when he called Sheldon a jerk), but mostly because Beverly's revelation about Raj replacing sheldon as a buffer was a catalyst for Lenny drama- Leonard angrily jumps on Skype, Penny feels defensive about her brother, Leonars is now afraid that Beverly might be right, and Penny sees Leonards reaction as maybe weak.

They dont fight WITH Raj, and Penny made it clear too, but Raj is feeling guilty. The theme with him in this episode, and he talks about it with Stuart, is feeling guilty about using friends and beeing a leech. That, coupled with the in-fighting with Lenny and Sheldon getting upset about his own relationship insecurity, had Raj fleeing the apartment building.

Raj's note to Lenny was short but says some of this, I just cant remember the details becauae Johnny flubbed his linea reading it and everyone howled!

Thank you for the very well done TR @2L344, as well as this update.  Greatly appreciated.  Not sure that I am in favor of Raj residing in 4A.  This is one of those "see it for yourself" types of episodes.  Anxiously awaiting where this will lead.  Liked that you told us Kaley addressed the renewal.  Any other bts things???  Anyway...Thanks again!!

bfm, 2L344, john2p and 1 other like this

Posted

18 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

Why is it that every single lenny interaction has to be turned into a fight. It's getting boring and to be honest I'm getting sick of it. I fear for their future.

I'm no longer sick of it, I just no longer care.    I keep hearing this will fix their problems, but if the writing of the last three years is any indication, any thinking along those lines is a fools hope.  It's not a watch and see for me, I'm not willing to watch ANOTHER, Lenny fight. At this point, I'd would almost rather see them break up, than fight every week.

Posted

1 hour ago, Carlos said:

IMO Raj living with Lenny is utter bullshit. So, as I see it Shamy can live together by themselves, but Lenny can't. In a previous episode Penny even seem relieved that Raj had said no, and a couple of episodes later he goes back on his words, and they accept it? Really? And... Leonard is fine with having the guy who almost slept with his now wife sleeping in the next room, listening to how they make love? I'd hope he'd grow some balls and just say no. This is almost as bad as the Randall thing. Hope they made the decision together as pathetic as it was. Besides they're married, recently married, and can't seem or want or need to be by themselves? They apparently always need a crutch or interference of some sort? It is as if they are by themselves they can't relate to each other. This is almost the LA all over again. I knew the writers were going to pussy out in one way or another in the end. I'm really disappointed.

It seems it was Leonard's decision to invite Raj back not Penny. Penny was wrong to invite Randall to live with them. But I don't think her thinking was lets invite him to live with us because she had marital problems. I would have a problem with Raj moving in with Lenny if they had moved out of the building. The fact is Shamy is still right across the hall. If seems though Sheldon caused the trouble by telling Bev about Penny's brother.

34 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

Thank you for explaining and hope you had a great time. I still dont understand how it could lead to a fight, couldnt they have sat down and talked about it, like couples do instead of turning it into drama. Why is it that every single lenny interaction has to be turned into a fight. It's getting boring and to be honest I'm getting sick of it. I fear for their future.

JMO but I didn't read anything in the TR that indicated a fight.

Posted

That's my point hence asking about the fight that Raj said lenny were allegedly having so he went to Howardette. It seems the fight was off screen and as usual tptb can't be bothered to write anything good for lenny apart from drama.

I'm no longer sick of it, I just no longer care.    I keep hearing this will fix their problems, but if the writing of the last three years is any indication, any thinking along those lines is a fools hope.  It's not a watch and see for me, I'm not willing to watch ANOTHER, Lenny fight. At this point, I'd would almost rather see them break up, than fight every week.

I guess I was right about the reason why lenny fights never get resolved but parked like a bus and used to bring up conflict that doesn't exist, whenever they need to write lenny. That's how they are written now. Should have said sick of it and they have been so unrealistically written for awhile now.

Posted

50 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

It baffles me because this is supposed to be a sitcom. Is fighting funny in the minds of the writers? It surely isn't funny to me, I can tell you that much...

Posted

14 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

That's my point hence asking about the fight that Raj said lenny were allegedly having so he went to Howardette. It seems the fight was off screen and as usual tptb can't be bothered to write anything good for lenny apart from drama.

My take from the TR is that Sheldon thinks he has caused a fight with Lenny and tells Raj how to benefit from it. Besides Sheldon acting like a jerk there is no suggestion there ever was a fight off screen. Actually Lenny seemed united when Skyping Beverly.

legacy99 likes this

Posted

Ok, this will be one of the very rare occasions I have to vent. Maybe I overreact, but these are my feelings right now.
I don't know, if the writers are aware that there are actually people on this planet who like resp. ship Lenny. Some from the very beginning. If the writers are aware of them, then they are deliberately spit in the faces of these people. The latest TR is another testament of this. The writers obviously despise the Lenny fans and shippers.

Posted

21 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

It seems it was Leonard's decision to invite Raj back not Penny. Penny was wrong to invite Randall to live with them. But I don't think her thinking was lets invite him to live with us because she had marital problems. I would have a problem with Raj moving in with Lenny if they had moved out of the building. The fact is Shamy is still right across the hall. If seems though Sheldon caused the trouble by telling Bev about Penny's brother.

This is the sort of thing I have a problem with (the bold portion).  Is this another example of Sheldon needing to be the best? In this case, having a better relationship then Leonard and Penny saying "look, at least I don't need to have an extra roommate to hide my relationship problems".....Just my opinion, but c'mon writers......On the other hand, maybe Raj, being a little more "normal" will be able to observe Leonard & Penny's relationship on an everyday basis and be able to conclude as Stuart did that together, they make an amazing couple.  Here's hoping anyway!

Chrismo, HeWolf and bfm like this

Posted

2 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

This is the sort of thing I have a problem with (the bold portion).  Is this another example of Sheldon needing to be the best? In this case, having a better relationship then Leonard and Penny saying "look, at least I don't need to have an extra roommate to hide my relationship problems".....Just my opinion, but c'mon writers......On the other hand, maybe Raj, being a little more "normal" will be able to observe Leonard & Penny's relationship on an everyday basis and be able to conclude as Stuart did that together, they make an amazing couple.  Here's hoping anyway!

Raj already knows that. IMO all the other characters know that including Sheldon.

Posted

Looks OK to me.

I don't see this so much as a shot across the bow of Lenny as the writers forcing themselves to write more group interactions rather than the Sheldon/Penny/Leonard/Amy quartet versus the House of Wolowitz.  That setup was stale.

Irene, HeWolf, Jonny and 2 others like this

Posted

I hoping this three-way in 4A is only for a short time, it does seem weird that the writers would have a Lenny fight about Penny's brother moving in then a couple episodes later a fight about Raj.  I'm really hoping that maybe one of Raj's ex-girlfriends becomes single again and takes him in (Claire?) or maybe bring back Alex or Yvette the Vet.

joyceraye, veejay, john2p and 1 other like this

Posted

55 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

20 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

My take from the TR is that Sheldon thinks he has caused a fight with Lenny and tells Raj how to benefit from it. Besides Sheldon acting like a jerk there is no suggestion there ever was a fight off screen. Actually Lenny seemed united when Skyping Beverly.

"Penny apologizes to Raj and tells him they were not fighting because of him. Raj feels terrible about the drama involving him and the bedroom.

agt_1 likes this

Posted

So the Lenny fighting/drama/rough patch is back again... Every time they go there I get more confused, because it's never resolved and seems to lead nowhere. I think this is another one that points to Penny. I got the impression that Beverly suggested she is the one who looks for buffers and Leonard was thinking about it as something that stems from her (Penny), not him (did I get it right @2L344?). Is this related to the "pressure" she talked about in "The Locomotion Reverberation"? Maybe when there is an annoying roommate she can blame him for that sense she has that she and Leonard are not moving along, but when they are alone she has no one to blame but herself. Perhaps "The Romance Recalibration" was her blaming Leonard for much more than was justified (because I understand being mad at him burping and sucked into his gaming, but not at as much as she did) and understanding it is unfair (I think she realized it at their fight in the appartment). The problem is they keep putting it out there and never really deal with it. They just turn it into another fight, making Lenny look like a misrable couple about to divorce. In earlier seasons they would have them talk it through like in "The Tangible Affection Proof" which is one of my all time favorites. Why are they dragging it for so long now? Are they building something for the season finale? It's getting too frustrating, even casuals will get sick of it if they hadn't already.

I won't comment on other things because I read TR only partially, I want to leave me some surprises. Lately I mostly read the Lenny parts because the writers have made me so anxious about them.

Tonstar17, legacy99 and john2p like this

Posted

But if no one tells sheldon he is wrong and points out the issues that the tptb hint at, he will believe his relationship is better. We see a lot of Amy upset every episodes with his antics and let it slide but as she is just there to worship him and be a doormat everything is all good. It seems everyone misses the problems that shamy are having and concentrate on the good things missing the deeper issues and how one sided the relationship is, which I think is worst than the lenny problems.

veejay and 5Mississippis like this

Posted

9 minutes ago, serena_1995 said:

Oh man, clueless insufferable Sheldon/annoyed suffering Amy AGAIN.  Sheldon delivers another apology (I'm  fed up and sick of this, the novelty wore off ) while Amy schools him on empathy  , more drug jokes. In short -Nothing New.

Add to that : the trope of woman suffers the man's nerdy childish pursuits, man screws up anniversary gift; woman is dissappointed.  It's the same lazy basic trope with many other  lazy sitcom couples. 

I would have preferred some focus on Amy’s equally nerdy stuff in 4B and how her and Sheldon can reach a compromise.  I would have also  loved if Shamy had a funny discussion about Apocalypse in bed,  and all the weird romantic ideas that can stem from it . On a side note: I thought Sheldon's zombie dessert line was pretty funny and weird and scary but  oddly sweet.  But the writers would rather have Shamy at odds . They could have had Amy say something  equally outrageous  and romantic (in her mind ) to Sheldon. After all, Amy has been shown to say some outrageous stuff but sadly Mayim  is again reduced to suffer, look annoyed and be a straight man . 

Ok im done repeating myself, I think i might just have to hold off on looking forward to  tbbt for a while  because it is getting pretty stale and lazy just as I suspected (maybe because of the renewal ??) . And im losing interest . Maybe I'll check out 10.23 and 10.24 later.  I can only imagine how those who ship Lenny felt in the last 2 seasons. 

Thank you for saying this.

I think this episode is the perfect evidence why I'm more worried than thrilled about that we got another two years renewal.

I'm looking forward to seeing that Batman statue because I love batman, but that's it.

Posted

30 minutes ago, serena_1995 said:

Oh man, clueless insufferable Sheldon/annoyed suffering Amy AGAIN.

snip....

And im losing interest . Maybe I'll check out 10.23 and 10.24 later.  I can only imagine how those who ship Lenny felt in the last 2 seasons. 

Serena, considering our initial interactions, I'm really enjoying how much we agree these days.  :shy:

Posted

Oh man, clueless insufferable Sheldon/annoyed suffering Amy AGAIN.  Sheldon delivers another apology (I'm  fed up and sick of this, the novelty wore off ) while Amy schools him on empathy  , more drug jokes. In short -Nothing New.
Add to that : the trope of woman suffers the man's nerdy childish pursuits, man screws up anniversary gift; woman is dissappointed.  It's the same lazy basic trope with many other  lazy sitcom couples. 
I would have preferred some focus on Amy’s equally nerdy stuff in 4B and how her and Sheldon can reach a compromise.  I would have also  loved if Shamy had a funny discussion about Apocalypse in bed,  and all the weird romantic ideas that can stem from it . On a side note: I thought Sheldon's zombie dessert line was pretty funny and weird and scary but  oddly sweet.  But the writers would rather have Shamy at odds . They could have had Amy say something  equally outrageous  and romantic (in her mind ) to Sheldon. After all, Amy has been shown to say some outrageous stuff but sadly Mayim  is again reduced to suffer, look annoyed and be a straight man . 
Ok im done repeating myself, I think i might just have to hold off on looking forward to  tbbt for a while  because it is getting pretty stale and lazy just as I suspected (maybe because of the renewal ??) . And im losing interest . Maybe I'll check out 10.23 and 10.24 later.  I can only imagine how those who ship Lenny felt in the last 2 seasons. 

I'm definitely not looking forward to 10x23 and 10x24 after reading the latest TR.

Posted

1 hour ago, Chrismo said:

The TR doesn't say that at all, it looks like she got the info from Leonard.

Beverly explains that Sheldon was used as a buffer and when he left they are trying to replace him with Raj. Lenny both deny this at which time Beverly points out to Leonard that didn't he say Penny wanted her brother to be a roommate not long ago?

spidergirl, April, Jonny and 1 other like this