Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

10,801 posts in this topic

Posted

1 hour ago, vonmar said:

You would think from the pictures Raj was moving in with Shamy.

Posted

With Raj moving in with Leonard and Penny, I've been wondering where the writers are taking us as we move ever closer to the season finale. I thought an interesting idea would be for Raj and Lenny to co-habitate for awhile, but at the end of the season, Sheldon somehow comes to the realization that he wants 4A back.  Then, maybe a light-hearted fight ensues, and Lenny oblige with the understanding that Sheldon can't kick Raj out. Ultimately, Shamy are the ones living with Raj in 4A, while Lenny moves into Penny's old place. Thoughts?

Posted

14 minutes ago, Kev0821 said:

With Raj moving in with Leonard and Penny, I've been wondering where the writers are taking us as we move ever closer to the season finale. I thought an interesting idea would be for Raj and Lenny to co-habitate for awhile, but at the end of the season, Sheldon somehow comes to the realization that he wants 4A back.  Then, maybe a light-hearted fight ensues, and Lenny oblige with the understanding that Sheldon can't kick Raj out. Ultimately, Shamy are the ones living with Raj in 4A, while Lenny moves into Penny's old place. Thoughts?

Seems unlikely. According to the TR Sheldon even jokes about how they got the better deal with 4B since they don't have someone living with them at the end of the upcoming episode. So with the writers going through such lengths to establish that yes, Sheldon is fine being all shacked up with Amy in 4B I don't see them doing a 180 suddenly out of nowhere.

Personally, I also don't want Lenny to move places just because of Sheldon having mood swings or whatever. The move has already taken so long I don't need the two couples shuffle their stuff around again for months. Ugh

Posted (edited)

40 minutes ago, Kev0821 said:

I'm happy with the living arrangements although I have to admit that I couldn't imagine Sheldon living in 4b. The only thing that makes me cringe is the fact that Raj is living with Lenny, because whenever Raj was spending  time alone with a couple, he caused trouble. I am afraid, that we will hear more than once sentences like "Oh that's so thoughtful of you Raj! Leonard/Penny why can't you be more like Raj?" 

Or that whenever Lenny wants to be alone, that Raj's seeks their company, because he doesn't want to be alone. 

I hope the writers teach me wrong and everyone benefits in a positive way from this New living situation. 

Edited by Desdemona
Sorry I meant 4b, although now that he loves in 4b I can't imagine him living in 4a anymore.

Posted

I've been wondering if Raj's new lack of a fixed and permanent residence might somehow affect his work Visa...are we headed toward a deportation crisis.

Raj gets sent back to India for the summer?

JE7 likes this

Posted

I'm happy with the living arrangements although I have to damit that I couldn't imagine Sheldon living in 4a. The only thing that makes me cringe is the fact that Raj is living with Lenny, because whenever Raj was spending  time alone with a couple, he caused trouble. I am afraid, that we will hear more than once sentences like "Oh that's so thoughtful of you Raj! Leonard/Penny why can't you be more like Raj?" 
Or that whenever Lenny wants to be alone, that Raj's seeks their company, because he doesn't want to be alone. 
I hope the writers teach me wrong and everyone benefits in a positive way from this New living situation. 

I think Raj moving in to 4a with lenny is a cause for concern which will lead to more fights and drama for lenny and not in a good way. You just have to look back to the last TR where Raj moves in and lenny had a fight again. For no apparent reason this time. Penny then saying to Raj, the fight wasn't about him and penny saying to her husband about how leonard thinks it might cause marital problems. What bugs me about  this latest fight, it’s seems to have happened offscreen which is a rear occurrence for lenny’s fights, Their fight is always on screen nowadays. (Alarm bells ringing anyone). I think the writers are going for some heavy drama with this and S10 finale is going to be a major cliffhanger for lenny and probably not in a good way. The way lenny had been written for most episodes since the 2nd half of S10 (fighting) does not give me hope. I really hope i'm wrong on this one.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Posted

4 minutes ago, vonmar said:

I've been wondering if Raj's new lack of a fixed and permanent residence might somehow affect his work Visa...are we headed toward a deportation crisis.

Raj gets sent back to India for the summer?

Huh, I don't know, it's been awhile since we heard Raj talking about his work, so I don't know what he's working on and if his job is in danger. But Howard mentioned twice to Raj that he should go back to India, which sounded pretty harsh to me. Plus, once he has returned to India, his chances to get back to America, are not very high, right? I mean staying in the US seems easier to me than returning from abroad right? Or am I wrong? 

On another note: Now that Cinnamon moves in as well, I'm afraid we hear more "Get Sheldon, Cinnamon!" or "Watch your steps Sheldon, Cinnamon is around here!" jokes. :icon_rolleyes:

joyceraye likes this

Posted

17 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

I think Raj moving in to 4a with lenny is a cause for concern which will lead to more fights and drama for lenny and not in a good way. You just have to look back to the last TR where Raj moves in and lenny had a fight again. For no apparent reason this time. Penny then saying to Raj, the fight wasn't about him and penny saying to her husband about how leonard thinks it might cause marital problems. What bugs me about  this latest fight, it’s seems to have happened offscreen which is a rear occurrence for lenny’s fights, Their fight is always on screen nowadays. (Alarm bells ringing anyone). I think the writers are going for some heavy drama with this and S10 finale is going to be a major cliffhanger for lenny and probably not in a good way. The way lenny had been written for most episodes since the 2nd half of S10 (fighting) does not give me hope. I really hope i'm wrong on this one.

I also hope you're wrong but I'm certainly afraid it might happen...

5Mississippis and Desdemona like this

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

Huh, I don't know, it's been awhile since we heard Raj talking about his work, so I don't know what he's working on and if his job is in danger. But Howard mentioned twice to Raj that he should go back to India, which sounded pretty harsh to me. Plus, once he has returned to India, his chances to get back to America, are not very high, right? I mean staying in the US seems easier to me than returning from abroad right? Or am I wrong? 

On another note: Now that Cinnamon moves in as well, I'm afraid we hear more "Get Sheldon, Cinnamon!" or "Watch your steps Sheldon, Cinnamon is around here!" jokes:icon_rolleyes:

They could do a B-story where Sheldon secretly makes friends with Cinnamon and then is heartbroken when Raj (hopefully eventually) moves out.

(Jim loves dogs, it would be easy for him to play). 

Edited by vonmar

Posted

3 minutes ago, vonmar said:

They could do a B-story where Sheldon secretly makes friends with Cinnamon and then is heartbroken when Raj (hopefully eventually) moves out.

(Jim loves dogs, it would be easy for him to play). 

I would love that! I always feel sorry when he struggles with his anxities.

28 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

What I don't understand is the Episode before they were happy that they escaped Raj and that he didn't move in and in the next Episode they not only ask him once but twice to move in (they were even competing with Howardette!) Is Beverly right and I they do have issues to live alone and need therefore a buffer? I would prefer they rather talk about it, than ignoring it and letting the next one into their life. This is poisonous behaviour.

Posted (edited)

36 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

I think it's just an excuse to mix things up with the writing and make Raj more involved.  He was the odd man out with the guidance system project, so this kind of evens things out for him.

Edited by Enrico Fermi
veejay, April, Desdemona and 1 other like this

Posted (edited)

55 minutes ago, April said:

Seems unlikely. According to the TR Sheldon even jokes about how they got the better deal with 4B since they don't have someone living with them at the end of the upcoming episode. So with the writers going through such lengths to establish that yes, Sheldon is fine being all shacked up with Amy in 4B I don't see them doing a 180 suddenly out of nowhere.

Personally, I also don't want Lenny to move places just because of Sheldon having mood swings or whatever. The move has already taken so long I don't need the two couples shuffle their stuff around again for months. Ugh

While I agree that this may be an unlikely scenario, I think it could help from a comedic standpoint. That is, Leonard and Penny living with Raj has the potential for some funny moments. However, when Raj spent a week with Howard and Bernadette, his presence created issues for the couple. I think Leonard, Penny, and Raj would get along fairly well for a short while. But, I think the reversal of having to create a new roommate agreement could prove interesting, if Shamy and Raj were "forced" to live together. (If an engagement occurs this season, Raj the party-planner is already there to help.) Regardless, as many people mentioned in the forums, it was kind of out of nowhere that Sheldon was able to just pick-up and leave 4A, being a creature of habit. Yes, he has shown growth. Still, the writers could pull a fast one and say that Sheldon hasn't been happy in Penny's place, not because of living with Amy, but due to the space itself. As for the redecorating, they could always return with completely furnished apartments at the start of season 11, with no need to show the actual move. Friends had Monica, Rachel, Joey, and Chandler switch apartments, only to eventually switch them back. People move in and out of places. It happens. I also agree that Lenny shouldn't just jump to whatever Sheldon suggests. However, the writers could have Leonard and Penny acknowledge their relationship milestones in 4B and willingly want to live there, as well. Then, whenever they're ready, the writers could have Raj move into an apartment above 4A/4B, like the one Alicia took in season 2. Even with all of this speculation, only time will tell what the writers have up their sleeves.

Edited by Kev0821

Posted

What I don't understand is the Episode before they were happy that they escaped Raj and that he didn't move in and in the next Episode they not only ask him once but twice to move in (they were even competing with Howardette!) Is Beverly right and I they do have issues to live alone and need therefore a buffer? I would prefer they rather talk about it, than ignoring it and letting the next one into their life. This is poisonous behaviour.

I know right! They looked so relieved when he declined and we thought that was the end of it, but obviously they didn't hear Raj calling 4A a shithole, and then battling with Howardette to move in just takes the biscuit. I really think tptb take their viewers for granted because of ratings and I hate the way my lenny are written and it does my head in. WTF

I think it's just an excuse to mix things up with the writing and make Raj more involved.  He was the odd man out with the guidance system project, so this kind of evens things out for him.

I get improving the raj character as he has been ignored, but not at the expense of lenny.

Desdemona, Carlos, veejay and 2 others like this

Posted

4 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

I know right! They looked so relieved when he declined and we thought that was the end of it, but obviously they didn't hear Raj calling 4A a shithole, and then battling with Howardette to move in just takes the biscuit. I really think tptb take their viewers for granted because of ratings and I hate the way my lenny are written and it does my head in. WTF

I get improving the raj character as he has been ignored, but not at the expense of lenny.

To me, it feels like all of this, the Lenny fighting, the Raj story line is now linked for some reason, it's heading somewhere...like something big is going to happen.

JE7, Desdemona, April and 1 other like this

Posted

1 hour ago, vonmar said:

To me, it feels like all of this, the Lenny fighting, the Raj story line is now linked for some reason, it's heading somewhere...like something big is going to happen.

Yep, the writers are in their "lets see how we can fuck over Lenny with Raj again" mode.    

Posted

2 hours ago, 2L344 said:

I really dont see a return to 4A for Sheldon/Shamy. Everything about the move to 4B has seemed to point to a rebirth of Sheldon (and Amy for that matter) as Shamy grows up and navigates the New World of cohabitating with their loves.

Sheldon has embraced this new and more intimate arrangement with Amy and to me surprisingly so. He basically tossed aside any R.A. that would give him preferential pluses over Amy. He helps Amy host a gathering at 4B with him doing all the heavy work with cooking and preparing the guest list. Shamy are both redecorating 4B together and discussing the additions tonthe apartment before implementing them (Sheldon and his superhero figure in 10.18). 

Domestic Shamy look quite comfortable in 4B and I think a move back to 4A would appear to be a step back to a time when selfish Sheldon ruled the roost...i think 10.18 was all about cutting the chord once and for all.

The writers would have a hard time selling it after everything they laid out in S10.

The only way I see Sheldon returning to 4A for any length of time (overnight +) is if the story centers around Amy having to go out of town for a conference (like when she went to Detroit) and Sheldon is afraid/unprepared to stay alone in 4B. Maybe sleepwalking into 4A the first night she's gone.

2L344 likes this

Posted

1 hour ago, Tensor said:

Yep, the writers are in their "lets see how we can fuck over Lenny with Raj again" mode.    

How so, what do you see happening?

Posted

1 hour ago, Tensor said:

Raj being in the middle of Lenny's marriage.  Let's face it, the writers have no fucking clue as to what to do with Lenny.  So, they kept them from moving out and living alone, by having Sheldon interfere in their marriage.  

When they finally separate from him, we get next to nothing about them (unless it involves fighting, we get lots of fighting).  For example, let's compare how many times we've seen Lenny talking about living together, or trying to solve a problem.  Or let's compare how much we've been shown in Lenny's bedroom, compared to how much we've seen Shamy in theirs. 

To steal a quote from Roxanne and Nicole of Big Bang Buzz (if you aren't, you should be listening to their podcast) the writers are the Leonard of the Lenny/writer marriage.  They haven't been trying since the engagement.  And when they do, they aren't quite able, in the majority, to keep Sheldon out of their moments.  

So, now, they have Raj to interfere with Lenny's life.  This frees up Sheldon and Amy to have their plotlines without having to involve Lenny.   Give Shamy even more time and all they have to do is to show Lenny eating with Raj in the living room, or one or the other coming home from work.  Have Penny make a few snarky comments about Leonard for laughs and they don't need them for the rest of the show.

I can see they ending the season with some sort of separation for Lenny (note I didn't say divorce).  The writers, TPTB and the actors have all talked about leaving little hints or dropping little seeds that sprout later.  All they've had Lenny do most of the year is fight, so I can see a season end with problems in the Lenny marriage.   But, if they go there, I have a feeling they will lose some audience.  I know they will more than likely lose me, if that happens.  

I would be more than likely to be proved wrong.  The other possibility would be to make Penny pregnant.  It would give the writers a way not to have to deal with Lenny, other than through the pregnancy.  However, I in no way saw the love affair with Sheldon, and how he has taken over the show, for this season.  So, what do I know?  

Exactly my thoughts on this. I don't see how Raj moving in with Lenny could possibly be positive for my favorite couple. 

bfm, 5Mississippis and JE7 like this

Posted

3 hours ago, vonmar said:

How so, what do you see happening?

I'm not Tensor, but let me answer this one: maybe Raj has sex with Penny behind Leonard's back thus going through with what he couldn't in S4's finale.

Posted

7 hours ago, Tonstar17 said:

With the way Lenny has been written lately, I do think that Lenny gonna have a break in the season finale and Penny goes alone to her parents in Nebraska. 

2 hours ago, Tensor said:

Raj being in the middle of Lenny's marriage.  Let's face it, the writers have no fucking clue as to what to do with Lenny.  So, they kept them from moving out and living alone, by having Sheldon interfere in their marriage.  

When they finally separate from him, we get next to nothing about them (unless it involves fighting, we get lots of fighting).  For example, let's compare how many times we've seen Lenny talking about living together, or trying to solve a problem.  Or let's compare how much we've been shown in Lenny's bedroom, compared to how much we've seen Shamy in theirs. 

To steal a quote from Roxanne and Nicole of Big Bang Buzz (if you aren't, you should be listening to their podcast) the writers are the Leonard of the Lenny/writer marriage.  They haven't been trying since the engagement.  And when they do, they aren't quite able, in the majority, to keep Sheldon out of their moments.  

So, now, they have Raj to interfere with Lenny's life.  This frees up Sheldon and Amy to have their plotlines without having to involve Lenny.   Give Shamy even more time and all they have to do is to show Lenny eating with Raj in the living room, or one or the other coming home from work.  Have Penny make a few snarky comments about Leonard for laughs and they don't need them for the rest of the show.

I can see they ending the season with some sort of separation for Lenny (note I didn't say divorce).  The writers, TPTB and the actors have all talked about leaving little hints or dropping little seeds that sprout later.  All they've had Lenny do most of the year is fight, so I can see a season end with problems in the Lenny marriage.   But, if they go there, I have a feeling they will lose some audience.  I know they will more than likely lose me, if that happens.  

I would be more than likely to be proved wrong.  The other possibility would be to make Penny pregnant.  It would give the writers a way not to have to deal with Lenny, other than through the pregnancy.  However, I in no way saw the love affair with Sheldon, and how he has taken over the show, for this season.  So, what do I know?  

I see a separation for Lenny also, all this fighting and drama must mean that the writers has something going on for Lenny in the season finale and it will not be something good.

5Mississippis, JE7 and Tonstar17 like this