Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

10,801 posts in this topic

Posted

8 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

We didn't hear the vows. Bernie skipped them after Sheldon interrupted.

They said their vows...then Albert & Beverly spoke about Leonard and then Sheldon interrupted.  

April, mirs1, 3ku11 and 2 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, Tensor said:

However, he didn't object when Leonard yelled at Raj for not telling him she was leaving. 

Secondly, she told Raj she screwed up by breaking up with him.  I'm willing to bet she would have been very interested that Priya was leaving, and (that night anyway) thinking she would have another shot at him.

He didn't get a chance to object. Howard interrupted the conversation, with his remark about Raj "writing clumsy penis metaphors about my fiancee."

9 hours ago, Tensor said:

Secondly, she told Raj she screwed up by breaking up with him.  I'm willing to bet she would have been very interested that Priya was leaving, and (that night anyway) thinking she would have another shot at him.

Given Leonard and Priya continued their relationship, when Priya went back to India, Penny had no chance of getting back with Leonard, unless she planned to have sex with him behind Priya's back.

Edited by Stephen Hawking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Wow! I thought I had a lot of free time....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

10 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Yeah we heard Penny's vows. And Leonard's vows. Sheldon interrupted after they said their vows.

No there were nice things said but no vows included. They were about to do the vows bit when Sheldon interrupted and then Bernadette skipped to the end.

Sah, 5Mississippis and JE7 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

 

2 hours ago, BigBang15 said:

Wow! I thought I had a lot of free time....

That happens when you have an illness with chronic pain, and during a flare up, you can't do much of anything, except sit and watch TV, and even that is painful, But, your comment doesn't refute the fact that the episode wasn't a mix of parents and wedding.  The wedding was the C-plot, in terms of time.  

Even if I didn't  have the pain, it's not that big of a deal, it took only ten minutes, to do this.  Fast forward, and the time on the bottom of the screen, make it go quickly. 

2 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

He didn't get a chance to object. Howard interrupted the conversation, with his remark about Raj "writing clumsy penis metaphors about my fiancee."

To which Raj refuted the metaphors were clumsy(screw you those were beautiful penis metaphors) but never refuted Leonard's contention he knew she was leaving. 

Quote

Given Leonard and Priya continued their relationship, when Priya went back to India, Penny had no chance of getting back with Leonard, unless she planned to have sex with him behind Priya's back.

But that night, she didn't know, all she knew would have known was that Priya was leaving. And even Leonard, that night, thought he and Priya were breaking up, because she was leaving( ...we're obviously breaking up... and the "I'm alone and confused).  It was only a few days later, after the Paintball contest that he was back to having a girlfriend. And I'd say, coming off of the way Priya decieved him, if he knew Penny still had feelings for him, the long distance relationship wouldn't have happened. 

But then, I've maintained that TPTB knew they were done with the Priya arc, and that this was simply a way of keeping Lenny apart for another half season. The after all, it only took five episodes to get them back together, after Leonard and Priya broke up. 

JE7, bfm, Carlos and 1 other like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

48 minutes ago, Tensor said:

To which Raj refuted the metaphors were clumsy(screw you those were beautiful penis metaphors) but never refuted Leonard's contention he knew she was leaving.

Once dragged off topic, the previous discussion is often forgotten about, especially if the new discussion is controversial or heated.

48 minutes ago, Tensor said:

But that night, she didn't know, all she knew would have known was that Priya was leaving.

Is it really Raj's business, what is happening between his sister and her boyfriend?

We saw how Priya reacted, when Raj tried to tell their parents about her and Leonard.

I doubt he'd want another leg full of nails, or another broken toe.

Edited by Stephen Hawking
joyceraye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Just now, Stephen Hawking said:

Once dragged off topic, the previous discussion is often forgotten about, especially if the new discussion is controversial or heated.

Or, it is remembered and getting dragged off topic offers an opportunity to not have to answer an embarrassing questioned. Especially as right after that, Leonard said something about bagging it, because he wasn't in the mood, bringing the topic back. 

JE7, bfm, joyceraye and 1 other like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

46 minutes ago, Tensor said:

And even Leonard, that night, thought he and Priya were breaking up, because she was leaving

Presumably they'd have sorted out how they were going to continue (ie. the long distance relationship), before the night was out.

joyceraye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

I also found the Christopher Lloyd guest appearance a little bit underwhelming, though that one probably had more relevance to the context of the storyline and some actual outcome from it pointing out that Shelnard were fighting because they love each other in a bromance kind of way and the transition from living together after all these years isn't/wasn't easy for them.

Tricky balance for the powers that be I guess, you can have a big name/s on the show but you also need the right storyline to go with it. But then you have added factors like this guest star is perhaps only available for that short window due to other projects so you sometimes have to come up with something quick etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

19 minutes ago, April said:

The May/Alfred thing hasn't been mentioned again

Doesn't Mary Cooper already have a romantic partner?

joyceraye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

15 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Presumably they'd have sorted out how they were going to continue (ie. the long distance relationship), before the night was out.

  Based on what?  His comment to his mother being about  Priya moving back to India, and his feeling confused and alone seems to indicate they didn't talk about it that night. 

 

Carlos, bfm and joyceraye like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

18 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Is it really Raj's business, what is happening between his sister and her boyfriend?

We saw how Priya reacted, when Raj tried to tell their parents about her and Leonard.

I doubt he'd want another leg full of nails, or another broken toe.

Which has nothing to do with the original question of "... what interest is it of Penny's.". If you want to change the discussion to "What interest is it of Raj's, let me know. 

joyceraye, JE7 and Carlos like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Although Raj sort of rejects Indian tradition, he is still Priya's brother and is tasked by his parents to look after her in the US. ANYTHING Priya does is his business. AND if you go back, the fact that Leonard, who promised at some point in the past that he (and Howard) considered Priya off-limits, was in fact banging his sister, in his own house, Raj may have been a little pissed off at Leonard consciously or subconsciously.

Jonny and joyceraye like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

22 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Which has nothing to do with the original question of "... what interest is it of Penny's.". If you want to change the discussion to "What interest is it of Raj's, let me know. 

It's all interrelated.

Even if he knew (which hasn't been established), should Raj have told Penny (or even Leonard), that his sister was going back to India?

I don't believe he should.

What happens between two people, in a relationship, is their business, and it would be wrong for a sibling to poke their nose into it.

I know I'd be very angry, if one of my siblings stuck their nose into my romantic relationships.

joyceraye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

 

7 minutes ago, BigBang15 said:

Although Raj sort of rejects Indian tradition, he is still Priya's brother and is tasked by his parents to look after her in the US. ANYTHING Priya does is his business. AND if you go back, the fact that Leonard, who promised at some point in the past that he (and Howard) considered Priya off-limits, was in fact banging his sister, in his own house, Raj may have been a little pissed off at Leonard consciously or subconsciously.

Then why didn't he tell his parents?  Raj could have ended the entire Priya-Leonard thing with onc phone call.  He didn't, which indicates a tacit approval of their relationship. 

 

 

bfm, JE7 and joyceraye like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

40 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Doesn't Mary Cooper already have a romantic partner?

A chap from her Bible Study group, she said. Going on her belief that once a couple 'lie together they are married in the eyes of The Lord' I'd have thought she'd have had a nice wedding for Shamy to go to by now. I was ready to write a mini fanfic with the tiara as 'something borrowed' and a conversation with Meemaw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

4 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

It's all interrelated.

No it's not. Why Penny would be interested is a seperate issue from whether Raj should tell her.   

4 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Even if he knew (which hasn't been established), should Raj have told Penny (or even Leonard), that his sister was going back to India?

it also hasn't been established he didn't know.  Why shouldn't he?

4 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I don't believe he should.

What happens between two people, in a relationship, is their business, and it would be wrong for a sibling to poke their nose into it.

So, if Raj had evidence Priya was cheating on Leonard 

 or Leonard was Cheating on Priya, he shouldn't say anything?

4 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I know I'd be very angry, if one of my siblings stuck their nose into my romantic relationships.

Depends on the issue. 

HeWolf likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

14 minutes ago, BigBang15 said:

ANYTHING Priya does is his business.

Not according to Priya:-

Raj: Oh, my God, I think you broke my toe!

Priya: Well you should have kept your mouth shut.

Indian tradition (or their parent's wishes) on not, Priya clearly does appreciate Raj interfering in her private life.

What she gets up to as an adult (provided it's not illegal), is really nobody else's business.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

8 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

A chap from her Bible Study group, she said. Going on her belief that once a couple 'lie together they are married in the eyes of The Lord' I'd have thought she'd have had a nice wedding for Shamy to go to by now. I was ready to write a mini fanfic with the tiara as 'something borrowed' and a conversation with Meemaw.

At this point, I don't think being married makes Sheldon a flight risk, but, I think, putting him through a traditional wedding sure does.  One aspect of his character that falls within the range of 'normal'.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now