Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

14,247 posts in this topic

Posted

6 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

It would be the worst character replacement in TV history! *shudders*

JMO there not going to replace Amy. Saying that though would people stop watching if Amy was gone?

JohnPhD likes this

Posted

22 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

Not to mention it is good to get reminders that these are physicists. There are a lot of episodes where it does not show. We even got to see Sheldon quote Marvin the Martian in ep 10.03 which brought me back to my youth. I had a brilliant cousin who liked to do Marvin quotes.

Too bad Sheldons second line was not done in the ducks voice!

Ha!  Love Marvin.  I have a relative with a Marvin the Martian tattoo!!!

For me, the problem with the Gyroscope arc of stories is that many of them focus on Sheldon not being able to do the work.  He is distracted.  He is stuck on the Math.  He has had too many energy drinks.  He is working on something simultaneously with Amy.....It just has not jelled.  Again, for me....

5Mississippis likes this

Posted

12 minutes ago, camelliayao said:

Lol if that's their purpose, they should've picked a better character. I mean even Leonard's mother has more chemistry with Sheldon than that Ramona girl. 

Sorry, but we've seen her only in one episode a long time ago.

JE7 and legacy99 like this

Posted

6 minutes ago, Cloud Strife said:

I seriously doubt Sheldon is interested in Ramona. She annoyed the hell out of him back then. And even if she's in full flirty mode, it still takes two to tango.

In actuality   most of time she didn't. Lenny found her more annoying. When she wanted to take credit for his work that caused the problem. Eight years though is a long time. Would be funny if she was more successful than him.

2 minutes ago, Sah said:

Yes

Didn't you say earlier you watch the show because of Sheldon?

JE7, Carlos, joyceraye and 2 others like this

Posted

21 minutes ago, snapepans said:

If this plot were to be the real cliffhanger, then based on what happened in the last 3 cliffhangers and season premieres, I'm not that worried.

724, Sheldon went to the train trip, he came back in 801.

824, Leonard revealed the boat kiss, then the writers swept it under the rug in 902.

924, Alfred and Mary went to have a nightcap, turned out nothing happened between them in 1001.

Then again, Shamy's break up indeed lasted 10 episodes...

Yeah, I don't know, maybe I'm being "too optimistic" or something. :superman:

They want to create a buzz over the summer. Reminds me of a Eddie Valiant quote:

Eddie Valiant: [Starts running towards him, Eddie rips part of a street line and moves it toward a wall which she runs straight into] Toons. Gets 'em every time.

snapepans and JE7 like this

Posted

15 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

Ha!  Love Marvin.  I have a relative with a Marvin the Martian tattoo!!!

For me, the problem with the Gyroscope arc of stories is that many of them focus on Sheldon not being able to do the work.  He is distracted.  He is stuck on the Math.  He has had too many energy drinks.  He is working on something simultaneously with Amy.....It just has not jelled.  Again, for me....

It has not been ideal. Getting a lot of science into a sitcom  must be a challenge. Most never try.

Sah and joyceraye like this

Posted

17 minutes ago, Cloud Strife said:

I seriously doubt Sheldon is interested in Ramona. She annoyed the hell out of him back then. And even if she's in full flirty mode, it still takes two to tango.

I would agree, but the question remains if the synopsis is accurate:

'Why are the gang worried?'

That is the key question here. If it's like last time they are worrying about nothing, if they are worried for different reasons then I am bloody worried as well!

Sah, serena_1995, Shamyfan95 and 1 other like this

Posted

I am a pure Shamy lover, but I always wanted to see Ramona go up against Amy and fight her for Sheldon.

Shamyfan95 and joyceraye like this

Posted

Not the first time I stop watching a show because they get rid of my favorite character, so I guess I will have to do without TBBT, if the worst case scenario were to happen.

Posted

9 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I would expect them to take a hit figures wise and perhaps criticized by TV critics as well if she left, but the show would likely still go on.

The show has already taken a hit figures wise. Do critics affect ratings? I myself tend to like Amy JMO there would be people who might come back to the show if she was gone.

JohnPhD and joyceraye like this

Posted

39 minutes ago, veejay said:

FYI, I would like to see Riki (as Dr. Ramona) more often. :icon_razz:

She would be excellent as a flirtatious rival for Sheldon, driving Amy crazy!!! (of course with nothing ever happening....)

veejay, Sah and joyceraye like this

Posted

18 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

In actuality   most of time she didn't. Lenny found her more annoying. When she wanted to take credit for his work that caused the problem. Eight years though is a long time. Would be funny if she was more successful than him.

Didn't you say earlier you watch the show because of Sheldon?

Yes, but he is not the only reason I enjoy the show. I have enjoyed watching Sheldon find love with someone who loves and supports him. Oddities included. To watch Sheldon throw that away would be devastating. Amy is my second favorite character. She has waited along time for Sheldon. They have come along way together. It would break my heart if they didn't end up together. Enough that I wouldn't watch any longer. I am not sure you will understand, but seeing Sheldon in a successful relationship gives me hope that there is someone for everyone. 

joyceraye, April, Jonny and 6 others like this

Posted

20 hours ago, Tonstar17 said:

Taping night. I'm ready!!
Chicken wings ✅
Cocktail sausages ✅
Big bag of crisps ✅
Sweets ✅
Pepsi ✅
Various alcoholic drinks ✅✅
Netflix  ✅
BRING IT ON

I have 3 books on anxiety treament in my backpack now. Childhood anxiety, since I have to construct a therapy plan for a socially anxious little girl, but still many of the principles hold for adults so I am equipped :icon_razz:.

Sah, veejay, hokie3457 and 2 others like this

Posted

25 minutes ago, April said:

I think for the most part this will be a vehicle to generate buzz over the summer. A cliffhanger with Amy being away in Princeton (possibly all summer?) and Ramona threatening the Shamy bliss, all the while Mayim and Melissa haven't officially signed on - easily keeps people guessing until S11!

Your giving me a heart attack here...lol.

joyceraye likes this