Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

14,247 posts in this topic

Posted

to be clear, this post does not smack of indifference, precisely....
but good lord, here is one more tiresome sacred cow of the show taken out and given the quietus. Whatever next? Maybe 'he wore me down' or 'how did the nerd get the hot girl hur hur' is next for the chop? (please, please, please)

Really... sorry to bust your bubble, not going to happen mate. The only character growth or any changes is reserved for sheldon. The rest of the characters are stuck in a rut. Including Amy. It's the Sheldon Show. Has been for the last 2 seasons.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Lagernisse, veejay, legacy99 and 1 other like this

Posted

5 minutes ago, wowbagger said:

to be clear, this post does not smack of indifference, precisely....

but good lord, here is one more tiresome sacred cow of the show taken out and given the quietus. Whatever next? Maybe 'he wore me down' or 'how did the nerd get the hot girl hur hur' is next for the chop? (please, please, please)

I would also remove jokes about Penny's past promiscuity as well, both from others but also the couple themselves (see Penny's joke this season when Sheldon and Leonard were dividing items as an example of what I mean). Not sure what relevance it has these days, she's married and that's in the past.

I am sure there are others that people would want gone as well. 

April, JE7, snapepans and 5 others like this

Posted

4 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

I would remove all bad taste jokes about all characters. Because imo they are equally not funny.

If you do that Sheldon dialogue will be cut in half

veejay, legacy99 and 5Mississippis like this

Posted

I would also remove jokes about Penny's past promiscuity as well, both from others but also the couple themselves (see Penny's joke this season when Sheldon and Leonard were dividing items as an example of what I mean). Not sure what relevance it has these days, she's married and that's in the past.
I am sure there are others that people would want gone as well. 

Again. Not going to happen. If tptb get rid of those one liners, then they are going to have to give them a plot. It keeps them in the background and no cause for concern.

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, veejay said:

Oh, look. I got a new sweater... :icon_rolleyes:

o_00310.gif.2ee189eb1788447e882a465ae3ca85c1.gif

:sarcastichand: Ho Ho.  Rather than Popcorn...
55a87dd27ff597cfe218fd40dd97a7d3_jabba-eating-a-frogloop-on-jabba-the-hutt-eating-gif_320-180.gif.c88c50a2e677c1c41d4fb8f44c805935.gif

5 hours ago, veejay said:

what10.gif.8508284051f7f6badec2a124a6566a79.gif

Early simmering of end of season meltdown?

Edited by djsurrey
veejay and bfm like this

Posted (edited)

39 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

I still haven't figured out why tptb signed kaley and johnny to new contracts when we hardly know their there

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Because the show needs Kaley and Johnny, more then Kaley and Johnny need them. I mean the amount of money they make, they could go elsewhere. Johnny already has other projects going atm. I am sure Kaley could find her own niche in movies. So considering the current state of the show. I am just saying TPTB are very luckey they have such a great cast. 

Edited by 3ku11
veejay, Mario D., JohnPhD and 1 other like this

Posted

Because the show needs Kaley and Johnny, more then Kaley and Johnny need them. 

Been trying to figure why tptb think they need when they are just back ground characters now

Posted

2 hours ago, 5Mississippis said:

Oh please, oh please, oh pretty, pretty please let Lenny interrupt the heartfelt goodbye and the I love you … Oh please, oh please, oh pretty, pretty please let Lenny interrupt the heartfelt goodbye and the I love you ...

Sorry, there's nothing I can do about it. Plead with the writers.

serena_1995, Shamyfan95 and Sah like this

Posted

17 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

I still haven't figured out why tptb signed kaley and johnny to new contracts when we hardly know their there

JMO but I think Seasons 11-12 will be different. If I remember correctly the Negotiations were held up and apparently not for money. It was suggested that JG was not happy over scripts. I'm not sure what happen but the 5 took a 24 million dollar pay cut over the next two seasons. I don't think they did it out of love for Melissa and Mayim. I think JG may have a little more say on what's happening on screen. The other factors is the show is going to lose money the next two years. That has been discussed on here. The ratings are dropping. I've heard that you have to expect that after 10 years, the Thursday night football factor, the daylight saving time, and even the Cubs winning the World Series but the fact is the numbers are down. Logically something has to change espicially since that Sheldon show is coming in September. It seems to me you have a core audience that is guaranteed to watch it the next two years. It's the people who love the show now. The people you need to concentrate on is the ones that are straddling the fence. The ones who watch the show now but are losing interest because the stories now they don't care about. In the past they loved the show but are discouraged by the repetitive stories or are lacking of stories of characters they care about. TPTB need to reach out to former fans who gave up watching already. Many are like the straddling on the fence fans. It seems to me the finale this season is bigger than in any prior seasons. If it's written like most episodes have been in the last three seasons ratings IMO will really suffer. If it's written more balanced I think ratings could actually go back upwards.

bfm, Mario D., joyceraye and 6 others like this

Posted

52 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

We hardly know their what is/are there ?

JE7 likes this

Posted

We hardly know their what is/are there ?

In each episode

JE7 and 5Mississippis like this

Posted

JMO but I think Seasons 11-12 will be different. If I remember correctly the Negotiations were held up and apparently not for money. It was suggested that JG was not happy over scripts. I'm not sure what happen but the 5 took a 24 million dollar pay cut over the next two seasons. I don't think they did it out of love for Melissa and Mayim. I think JG may have a little more say on what's happening on screen. The other factors is the show is going to lose money the next two years. That has been discussed on here. The ratings are dropping. I've heard that you have to expect that after 10 years, the Thursday night football factor, the daylight saving time, and even the Cubs winning the World Series but the fact is the numbers are down. Logically something has to change espicially since that Sheldon show is coming in September. It seems to me you have a core audience that is guaranteed to watch it the next two years. It's the people who love the show now. The people you need to concentrate on is the ones that are straddling the fence. The ones who watch the show now but are losing interest because the stories now they don't care about. In the past they loved the show but are discouraged by the repetitive stories or are lacking of stories of characters they care about. TPTB need to reach out to former fans who gave up watching already. Many are like the straddling on the fence fans. It seems to me the finale this season is bigger than in any prior seasons. If it's written like most episodes have been in the last three seasons ratings IMO will really suffer. If it's written more balanced I think ratings could actually go back upwards.

I think money is a big factor for the casts and as long as even with reduce ratings, the show still peaks at number 1, then why fix it even it isn't broken.

Posted

Does anyone remember last February, when the cast appeared on Conan to promote the 200th episode? Jim mentioned that the writers had asked him if he knew how to ride a unicycle... It's interesting that one of the feats Sheldon attempts to master is the unicycle in next week's "The Cognition Regeneration."

joyceraye, mirs1, Sah and 1 other like this

Posted

12 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

I think money is a big factor for the casts and as long as even with reduce ratings, the show still peaks at number 1, then why fix it even it isn't broken.

The cast took a pretty big pay cut. They must have been given the predicted loss for the next two seasons. I think the reduced in regards to TBBT they don't care that much about. I think they will care about them in regards to the new Sheldon Show.

Posted

1 hour ago, legacy99 said:

She's talking about this.....

It's supposed to be "they're there."  As in "they are there."  

JE7 and joyceraye like this

Posted

Thank you

Kathy2611 likes this

Posted

58 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

Been trying to figure why tptb think they need when they are just back ground characters now

Their reactions to the craziness makes people laugh.

tumblr_ludlq9ShuF1qhpy7q.jpg.4e632b5776860f973ff8f0e42cdcda71.jpg

and

200_s.gif.5f2418cb4222261bca02c000a7602cc1.gif

joyceraye, bfm and JE7 like this

Posted

15 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

TPTB need to reach out to former fans who gave up watching already.

It depends why they gave up watching. If they used to watch only because they liked to see ridiculous and unexpected things like a scientist freezing her banana so she could smash it up to put on her breakfast cereal, geniuses across the world using signals to turn one another's lights on and off, lumps of pastry jumping on a speaker in time to music, a chemistry experiment blowing up a lift shaft, and limbo dancing with laser beams, then they're not going to come back to watch pushing-forty-year-olds acting their age. They might watch a new series, should one be made featuring men and women in their twenties doing early tbbt's sort of thing, but since it's been done, I can't see them making another like it for a while. It was novel ten years ago. What they need is an animated version of the gang in their nerd day so that writers won't ever need to change the genre to suit a cast that grows up.

Having said that, I'm glad they're getting back to some science-related scenes now that 75% of the lads have got their courting days over and done with. Perhaps if more promos featured lab scenes it might attract a few fans of the early to middle years back. Personally I've loved both the quirky science and the romantic comedy side. I can understand viewers giving up on a series when it changes beyond their ken. The Marvel characters and the boys' brands of sci-fi  (apart from Dr Who) just puzzle me : I don't even know what the girls are talking about.  If they filled too many episodes with those,for instance, I'd be one to leave. If the running time was extended by a few minutes they could get in something for everyone and perhaps attract back those who felt it was no longer for them.

Tonstar17 likes this

Posted

and

There seems to be some fans here that think Sheldon and shamy can carry the show on their own. Jmo

and

There seems to be some fans here that think Sheldon and shamy can carry the show on their own. Jmo

Posted

2 hours ago, Tonstar17 said:

Really... sorry to bust your bubble, not going to happen mate. The only character growth or any changes is reserved for sheldon. The rest of the characters are stuck in a rut. Including Amy. It's the Sheldon Show. Has been for the last 2 seasons.

Bernie and Howie? They had a baby. Howard has grown a lot the past few years.. Amy has grown as well. I think they all have in their own ways...

joyceraye and April like this

Posted

37 minutes ago, Kathy2611 said:

Thank you.

Kathy2611 likes this