Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

14,247 posts in this topic

Posted

16 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

There seems to be some fans here that think Sheldon and shamy can carry the show on their own. Jmo

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

There seems to be some fans here that think Sheldon and shamy can carry the show on their own. Jmo

TBBT needs Kaley's face in every episode!

Johnny's too. It needs the big three.

Posted

to me tptb seem to think 2 minutes of lenny is eough these days but imo it was funnier when screen time was divided up between all the characters

Mario D., JohnPhD, veejay and 5 others like this

Posted

8 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

I've seen all of them in each episode. Are they not in the remaining episodes? That would not be right...

Posted (edited)

40 minutes ago, Sah said:

It goes both ways. Many fans think Lenny are all that is needed for this show. I think the show is strongest with all cast members. Not just Lenny or Shamy.

Well if that is the case. Why have the show revolved the show around Shamy the past two seasons. And relegated Lenny to kitchen fodder? So clearly that logic is not practical on the show. I agree with you in theory. The show should have better balance like it did season 1-6. But the reality is. Just like in Happy Day's. When Fonzie took over as the Rooster. Sheldon is their poster boy. Standing Centre Stage. While the supporting cast, wave silently to the audience in the background. TBH it all changed personally for me. When Bill Prady Stepped down as head writer. And Moloro talk over. IT is when TBBT entered some kinda Relationship Vortex.

Edited by 3ku11

Posted

No! I'm sorry! I never meant to suggest that you were a writer! And I never thought you were! 
It's just that you asked a question that held the very lovely implication -- two lovers are parting for several months -- and would we be privileged to witness their tender parting words, their final kiss to one another? Such a lovely, memorable moment that fans would cherish and hold it close to their hearts! And alas! Lenny was given such a moment but the writers -- not you! -- thought it would be amazingly funny and clever to have a very annoying and highly irritating Sheldon interrupt their goodbyes and 'I love you'. Sigh! The Sheldon Show does break this Lenny's shippers heart! 
But happily! I am not totally forsaken! I do remember the happy Lenny moments! Like the time they got married! No wait! Sheldon interrupted that too! But there was the crazy, fun honeymoon in San Francisco! Oh, yeah! The one we never saw and that Sheldon had invited himself to join in too! But now their second wedding! That was absolutely lovel -- no wait! Sheldon interrupted that too! But at least we had their first year of living together as husband and wife -- ah, no! Sheldon was there as well!
Ah, well! No fear! I'm sure the writers of The Sheldon Show will give Shamy a sweetly tender, memorable parting without any asinine clowns interrupting it.    

Your post said exactly what I've been think. Great post

Tonstar17, JE7, Carlos and 3 others like this

Posted

I wonder if tptb figured they needed to resign kaley and johnny at about 1 million each per episode to make their star Sheldon "funny" other wise without them Sheldon would sound like any other egotistical jerk

Tonstar17 and bfm like this

Posted

29 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

The problem for lenny fans and I'm speaking only for myself is the major amount of screen time Sheldon gets compare to the other characters now they seem to want guess actors which interact with Shelton in a lot of episodes and to me that just means less screen time for the remaining characters

As a fan of Sheldon and Shamy, I would not object to having them happily in the background once in a while for the greater good of the show. I enjoy Lenny just fine. My question is what would you have the plots be about? They don't have much in common like Shamy does where they can do expirements together, work together and make up games... perhaps the new job episode will offer some new options for plotlines. 

Jonny, April, amethyst and 2 others like this

Posted

As a fan of Sheldon and Shamy, I would not object to having them happily in the background once in a while for the greater good of the show. I enjoy Lenny just fine. My question is what would you have the plots be about? They don't have much in common like Shamy does where they can do expirements together, work together and make up games... perhaps the new job episode will offer some new options for plotlines. 

Lenny basically spent 3 seasons behind the kitchen island. If these writers can't think of a storyline for them then maybe they need to try harder or be replaced

Carlos, bfm, JE7 and 1 other like this

Posted

3 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

Lenny basically spent 3 seasons behind the kitchen island. If these writers can't think of a storyline for them then maybe they need to try harder or be replaced

Perhaps they could take cooking classes together...(sad attempt at humor). I would like to see Lenny have more date nights. Just the two of them. I would enjoy seeing a picnic in the park as a date....

JE7, legacy99 and bfm like this

Posted

15 minutes ago, Sah said:

First of all they should be in the background more than once awhile. They could have Lenny decorate Sheldon's room, go dancing, go to a football, spend a day in bed. Just because Shamy has a lot in common doesn't necessarily make them interesting to watch.

Posted

1 minute ago, Kathy2611 said:

Leonard & Penny saying good bye at the airport?  Yeah, right there with you screaming my head off!  "WTF is Sheldon doing there?  He's not needed!!" 

Well, Leonard is Sheldon's best friend. He wanted to say goodbye, too. It was a beautiful scene nevertheless.

Sah likes this

Posted

Perhaps they could take cooking classes together...(sad attempt at humor). I would like to see Lenny have more date nights. Just the two of them. I would enjoy seeing a picnic in the park as a date....

Just because you doubt have much in common with your partner doesn't mean you can't grow togetger and learn from each other. A little personal story when i met my wife she was a bartender and the only thing we had in common was that she sold beer and i drank beer nothing else in common at all. We got married a month after meeting and were married 27 years what i trying to say is you don't have to have a lot in common. We grew together and had a great life but the writers seem to think that after you get married you never change which is a bunch of bull

Posted

28 minutes ago, 1979 said:

Though they did share a passionate kiss and funny dialogue leading up to them going to the bedroom, they weren't shown in bedroom. Later Penny, Leonard and Raj are in the hallway and hear them talking "dirty" while they're doing it. The funniest part of the taping for me was watching Mayim and Jim sit fully clothed (off camera) on the couch and crack up trying to say those lines.

I hope it is on the blooper reel that is released...

bfm, April, Jonny and 3 others like this

Posted

58 minutes ago, Kathy2611 said:

I'm not a Lenny but I get it.  I really do!  I would be lying if I said I wasn't happy about Shamy.  I'm actually exastic!  But a lot of us Shamy's didn't like those scenes either and then some.  

Leonard & Penny saying good bye at the airport?  Yeah, right there with you screaming my head off!  "WTF is Sheldon doing there?  He's not needed!!"  And no I didn't think it was funny.  What it was, was stupid and used for a cheap laugh.  So cheap nobody but, probably the studio audience, laughed.  It would've been better if it had been sweet and just Lenny.  

The writers keep pulling these jokes that only they find funny and I am soooooo f&@king sick and tired of "Sheldon the dog" jokes, "Sheldon the child" jokes.  After 10 years, a live in girlfriend and now apparently what will be a more "regular" sex life, let's drop the old tired jokes, writers!!  Penny's been married now for 2 years, engaged for 1 and in a serious relationship with the same guy for how many consecutive YEARS now??  Anyone?  Molaro....did you say something?  I think we can drop the "Penny the slut" jokes too and yeah, I know she's not my favorite (she's not at the bottom though, that's reserved for Raj the douch bag....I'll get to him later) but hey, writers!  Your jokes are outdated and don't fit anymore.  You guys are the best at what you do!  Spend some time this summer and think up some new ones that WILL fit.  And while you're at it, watch the last 10 years of your creation and TAKE NOTES!!  Try and keep the continuity closer to canon.  We do notice these things and you guys have gotten unbelievably lazy in this regard.  

When you start an arc, FINISH IT!  Or at least resolve it in some way shape or form!  Who the hell ended up with Tenor or whatever the hell it is?  Are we ever going to find out?  Hell, make up a professors name and let us know something!  Anything!  

Stop being chicken shits about the big stuff and dragging your feet about everything.  I get and understand why you'll wait for the very last episodes before having either Penny or Amy pregnant.  Nobody wants to deal with a baby on set.  Got it, no problem and the way you're handling Halley is genius (we miss you terribly Carol Ann Suzi!!!).  

But basically what I'm also sick of is the cheap shots and knock downs of our ship by another.  We aren't asking for special treatment for our ship and again, a lot of us don't like how your ship is going or being treated either.  So for the summer hiatus can we please try and get along.  I'd love to write more but I gotta get to bed.  So I'll see ya in the morning.

Oh, shit!  RAJ!  I forgot about Raj!  Do you see what you reduced him to writers?  Fix Raj too!

I really like this...

Jonny likes this

Posted

1 hour ago, Cloud Strife said:

Well, Leonard is Sheldon's best friend. He wanted to say goodbye, too. It was a beautiful scene nevertheless.

So since Penny is Amy's best friend it's okay she 's there for the goodbye?

JohnPhD, bfm, Zhalen565 and 3 others like this

Posted

3 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

So since Penny is Amy's best friend it's okay she 's there for the goodbye?

Does not bug me...if Penny really wanted to be there.

Posted

4 minutes ago, Sah said:

Does not bug me...if Penny really wanted to be there.

Easier to say when you know it's not going to happen.  Penny is more considerate than Sheldon anyway.