Tensor

Ship Zone
[Spoilers] Lenny:Season 10

5,770 posts in this topic

Posted

7 minutes ago, FileXxX said:

I don't really get what you're trying to say, but even though this is a comedy, they deal with reallife issues and I like that a lot. It has always been like that. The fact that they fight from time to time, sometimes more, sometimes less, doesn't bother me at all. It's part of any relationship. A relationship without any disagreements is extremely rare and is almost never healthy.

Yup, because we've seen that how many hundred times already?

If it helps you, I accept your point of view. :shy:

john2p and Desdemona like this

Posted

There is a lot of anger around, but me, I'm sort of gutted and incredibly sad.  There are other things contributing to that. After watching a farewell speech by our outgoing President last night and facing what comes next, I am in need of Lenny lightness to get me through things.  Alas for me, what we have is additional arguing and bickering.  I wonder what this is leading to. What will be the payoff?  There is always a payoff one way or another.  A breakup would be a bit more catastrophic in Season 10 as the couple is now married.  To go back to square 1 in a post "The Wheaton Recurrence" sort of way would be more than major.  I suppose that would allow Sheldon (& Amy) to move (back) to 4A.  The hopeful shipper in me does not think that could happen.  I'm hoping for an appearance by Dr. B. Hofstadter to perhaps provide some therapy (CBS aired The Line Substitution Solution on Monday.  My heart soared when Penny reacted so positively when Bev observed how happy Leonard was in his marriage) for my favorite couple.  Just wanting to think lovely thoughts for Penny and Leonard...... 

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Tensor said:

OK, I know there are unhappy people here.  But, this thread is for supportive statements of Lenny.  If you just want to complain, without adding something positive to fix what you're complaining about, there are other threads for that.  Also, derogatory or negative comments about how others see the show aren't allowed either.  

^...^...^...

o_00005.gif

Excuse me, Tensor :shy:

Edited by veejay
john2p, Lagernisse and Desdemona like this

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, FileXxX said:

Good. :) 

I agree that they have to talk about stuff like this and Leonard made that pretty clear, but even after they talked about it, he was still not okay with it. I mean, he's her brother, not a hobo. When they talked about their second "wedding", Leonard even asked if her brother is available (if he's out of prison), and to me this means he wanted him to attend. Now all of a sudden he's just a former drug addict and prisoner to him. Why did he want to have a former drug addict at his wedding?

Huh.

Attending a wedding is I think a little different as staying for how long? If he really gets the job, he likely won´t have a place to live immediately. So it´s much uncertain how long he stays. Is it two days, a week, a month. It´s not that I wouldn´t help out, but I certainly want to be informed before and talk about it. You can ask the question in reverse. What in the hell did Penny keep her from asking and communicating this with Leonard. It goes further than not communicating. Does she not trust him? That Luke Cage thing is something normal in relationships. But this  goes beyond that. I really don´t understand this. It´s not something huge to discuss. And what I furthermore don´t understand is, in the next episode (previous on this one Penny complains Leonard doesn´t give much effort in their relationship. OK, I see that, but what does Penny behind the back of him, hiding stuff and now let her brother stat in their appartment. Very romantic indeed. But this tread is to support Lenny. And I sometimes feel I see only small reflections of them. But in my mind they live strong and happily. LAst episode showed also that things can turn different when broadcasted. So I will keep the faith :).

Edited by john2p
joyceraye, luminous, veejay and 2 others like this

Posted

I love me some Lenny and you know I'd like to see loving and supporting Lenny on screen. 

I just can't wrap my mind around what the issue is from TPTB?  This is obviously their choice to write them this way...but why?  Is it that hard to write a positive, happy and supportive Lenny.  I came to the forum today cautiously optimistic and now I feel somewhat defeated.  What will it take for TPTB to show us that?

So I guess on to the next TR, right?  I have to say a glass of wine (or bottle) does sound like a good idea....lol!!

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, Denise07 said:

.....I have to say a glass of wine (or bottle) does sound like a good idea....lol!!

Ok, it's just a BIG glass of beer, but HEY, cheers!

008.gif

Edited by veejay

Posted

1 hour ago, veejay said:

Ok, it's just a BIG glass of beer, but HEY, cheers!

008.gif

I think she meant a large glass of wine. :)

image001.jpg

JE7, Denise07, Carlos and 2 others like this

Posted (edited)

Tbf guys had Same reaction to Luke Cage fight. What happened? Turned out to be a throwaway line Translated differently. So I'm IWD. This fight is no Different to any of their other fights through out the series. I mean the writers have thrown it all at us. What could they possibly do that is so bad. Penny goes behind Leonard's back. Leonard finds out. Sheldon is involved lol. Surrogate Parents rear its ugly head. Please Shelly grown ups are talking. This just seems typical married life stuff. We would love the original model S3 model. But I think this current model has ALOT of chinks. And it's my opinion without Sheldon they are really struggling to find a balance in their marrage. Let's look at the timeline.

S5: Beta Test. Lasted over through out the season. Through out To Recombination Hypothesis. Which led to Leonard proposing in Bed.

S6: Started Shaky. With doubts from Penny. But then led to Penny visiting Leonard's lab. And the now iconic Hologram scenes. The ily in 43 Penc. And the great follow up episodes. 

S7: Started a bit shaky again. Leonard seemed to be hiding things. Scavenger was ehhh. Then we had all the drama and arguments of Penny's career. And yours truely sticking his nose in again. But led to Friendship Turbalence. Where they allowed a great Lenny moment. One of the most touching scenes this show ever had. Where the story was suddenly the guy supporring the woman he loves unconditionally. Leonard was the one who may tell it like it is. But was the one who truely cared about her. Then of course then engagement.

We know what happened in s8 and 9 lol. My point is I'm sick of this tiresome drama as everyone here. But they have always written Lenny like this. Realistically. Now they are writing their marrage realistically. Reality brings a heck ALOT of drama, great stuff, rawness of life. Lennys never been a fairytale. They have always been trying to make something ridiculous work. So you know it's not always smooth sailing. But i trust this all heading somewhere based on the past. The past dictates the future. #Heel.

Edited by 3ku11
joyceraye likes this

Posted

Sounds to me as though Lenny should have asked to Sheldon to write the matter of visitors' accommodation into their R.A. !

Leonard's and Sheldon's mothers have always stayed at hotels even when the visit has been for a few days at most.  So did Leonard's father last time.  Even the matter of having Amy to stay so Lenny could be alone together, followed up by where Amy and Sheldon would stay, was discussed by all four of them although the idea was initiated by  Penny. So it's never been a done deal that anybody would be put up willy-nilly. 

There's never been a suggestion among all the ideas for its use that the spare room in 4A would be a guest room. So, Penny should at least have talked the matter over with Leonard. It's a serious thing, the concept of returning to the rejected status quo ante of another person in the apartment, especially a relative neither knows all that well. This is bigger than moving a spouse's collectibles into storage. I can see taking it for granted that a sibling could stay is something one would be in the habit of after over a decade of running one's own home and making all the decisions. For the wedding Penny's family appear to have bunked up in 4B together somehow. Sure, Penny shared with Sheldon for over a year but in that time she always had her own place too.  I hope Lenny can sort this kind of thing out. We need to see some lovey-dovey talks about it. Perhaps Lenny need their own neutral territory so Penny doesn't feel the need to assert herself quite so much.

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, joyceraye said:

Sounds to me as though Lenny should have asked to Sheldon to write the matter of visitors' accommodation into their R.A. !

Leonard's and Sheldon's mothers have always stayed at hotels even when the visit has been for a few days at most.  So did Leonard's father last time.  Even the matter of having Amy to stay so Lenny could be alone together, followed up by where Amy and Sheldon would stay, was discussed by all four of them although the idea was initiated by  Penny. So it's never been a done deal that anybody would be put up willy-nilly. 

There's never been a suggestion among all the ideas for its use that the spare room in 4A would be a guest room. So, Penny should at least have talked the matter over with Leonard. It's a serious thing, the concept of returning to the rejected status quo ante of another person in the apartment, especially a relative neither knows all that well. This is bigger than moving a spouse's collectibles into storage. I can see taking it for granted that a sibling could stay is something one would be in the habit of after over a decade of running one's own home and making all the decisions. For the wedding Penny's family appear to have bunked up in 4B together somehow. Sure, Penny shared with Sheldon for over a year but in that time she always had her own place too.  I hope Lenny can sort this kind of thing out. We need to see some lovey-dovey talks about it. Perhaps Lenny need their own neutral territory so Penny doesn't feel the need to assert herself quite so much.

Or they could of not had Sheldon write up one in the first place. And I don't know Penny takes Leonard to the hallway, like they used to. And go, "Okay babe my Dad wants to get my Brother, you remember the one, this high, druggy, A Job."  "And would it be okay, if he stayed on our couch?" I don't know call me crazy, simplicity seems the best outcome here. Maybe that is just me. 

Edited by 3ku11

Posted (edited)

10 hours ago, No Regrets said:

Happier times 

lennybed0307.gif.211c9451b46306d58b3eb764391ca35f.gif

Hmm Ironically 90% of that episode was pretty negative. TBH this taping is this one. I see this episode basically ending like this one did. So guess I'll wait till the episode airs on tv. #RelativeTimes

Edited by 3ku11
veejay and joyceraye like this

Posted

16 hours ago, FileXxX said:

I simply don't get why Leonard is being so adamant about Randall. He was happy to see him at their wedding redo, now he doesn't want to help him out with this interview? Seems like a bit of an overreaction.

Unless he fears he might stay forever when he does get the job. But still...

Imagine what it might mean for him if his colleagues find out that he used his influence to get his drug dealing convict brother a job at a prestigious university (doing whatever). It could reek of nepotism.

In the minds of his colleagues (especially those in the Chemistry department) that new hire might steal some stuff to do his "trade"

3ku11, serenaded214, john2p and 1 other like this

Posted (edited)

I don't think the TR suggested Leonard was adamant about Randall. I don't think it had anything to do with Randall tbh. It was simply because Penny went behind his back. Apart from how it looks. Leonard using his influence to get his druggie Brother in law at Cal Tech im presuming a job doing whatever. Could also from his colleagues pov. Make them worry, he may steal I agree. So Leonard had a lot to consider. So I agree could be seen as Nepotism. Is not a good look. And I think Leonard would appreciate his wife coming to him. Not going behind his back. And then not asking him if Randall could stay. I completely understand Leonard's point of view. Penny was short sighted. So I expect an apology from Penny, I still love you Slugger :icon_cheesygrin:.

Look in any regard, this sounds like typical married life. Just getting a wee bit tiresome. They need to go away I think to Nebraska. Say Season Finalie (looks likely their we'll be an 11th season). Lenny decide to go away for the summer. And rekindle the spark. 

Edited by 3ku11
joyceraye likes this

Posted

I don't think the TR suggested Leonard was adamant about Randall. I don't think it had anything to do with Randall tbh. It was simply because Penny went behind his back. Apart from how it looks. Leonard using his influence to get his druggie Brother in law at Cal Tech im presuming a job doing whatever. Could also from his colleagues pov. Make them worry, he may steal I agree. So Leonard had a lot to consider. So I agree could be seen as Nepotism. Is not a good look. And I think Leonard would appreciate his wife coming to him. Not going behind his back. And then not asking him if Randall could stay. I completely understand Leonard's point of view. Penny was short sighted. So I expect an apology from Penny, I still love you Slugger :icon_cheesygrin:.
Look in any regard, this sounds like typical married life. Just getting a wee bit tiresome. They need to go away I think to Nebraska. Say Season Finalie (looks likely their we'll be an 11th season). Lenny decide to go away for the summer. And rekindle the spark. 

And if they do, they'll announce it from the kitchen island, Sheldon will give them advice on what to do and the tag will be them driving
Season 11 opens and they're back!

And I think it's a job at Penny's work not Caltech from what I recall from report. Caltech was prereport speculation here including me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Carlos, joyceraye and 3ku11 like this

Posted

I don't think the 10.14 fight will be a very big one but I'm getting tired of this immature Penny... She keeps doing things she knows Leonard will have problems with (e.g, hiding his stuff, in S9 making Sheldon add things to the roommate agreement to get her way) behind his back, then gets mad at him when he finds out and never admits she was wrong, though at least in some of this cases it is clear that she recognizes it. From time to time they bring up that she had matured...why can't she mature in this aspect?  As for Leonard staying mad about Randall coming over after (originally) ending the fight and not telling Penny - I don't see this as a problem. When she decided to focus on acting he didn't like it and lied about it but you could see that he wants to support her  even though it was hard for him (especially when he bought the car), that why, IMO, he lied. I see some similarity between these two cases. I believe Leonard didn't want to keep fighting about it and refuse to help Randall, so he pretended to be fine. Yet he was still upset and I can understand that. People are not robots, many times you don't just get over things so quickly just because you made a decision to do so. If it wasn't for Sheldon's machine the fight would have been over. Perhaps Leonard would still be upset but not as much. Both could recognize it as a sacrifice he does for Penny, like the time she went to pick up his mother from the airport. Couples make sacrifices for each other, JMO it becomes a bigger problem when the other doesn't recognize it but I don't think that's the case in this situation.

My main issue is the continuous fighting. Episode after episode. When did we see them fighting like this again and again? maybe in S7 but it was a rough time for Penny and they did communicate and made up, on screen, at the time. Where are the writers going with this? I really hope we will discover that it is mostly due to some issue that hasn't been revealed it, like Penny or Leonard or both feeling stressed or frustrated about something... work, helping Shamy/Sheldon off-screen, health issues, perhaps trying and not succeeding yet to get pregnant (this could generate a lot of tension, especially for insecure people such as Lenny, and yes Penny appears confident but she certainly doesn't lack insecurities)... I really hope it will be attributed to some source of frustration, thus enabling repair...

Posted

45 minutes ago, Itwasdestined said:

And if they do, they'll announce it from the kitchen island, Sheldon will give them advice on what to do and the tag will be them drivingemoji12.png
Season 11 opens and they're back!

And I think it's a job at Penny's work not Caltech from what I recall from report. Caltech was prereport speculation here including meemoji5.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh yes i originally thought Penny's Pharmaceutical rep too. Then read differently. I'm not sure what Penny was thinking. Immaturity? In any respect. I think Lenny seem insecure and burnt out. Sheldon was part of their life's for a long period of time. It's like when the kids go off to College. I'm presuming I'm single 28, and independent :icon_biggrin:. Then It's like oh you. I think neglect is the right word. I think the writers have struggled to transistion ya know. So yeah. I think this we'll be a small fight. But they all build up. I think Penny showing some growth as a character would help. 

Lagernisse and joyceraye like this

Posted

In a way this seems like old Penny to me in that I've always seen her dominating the Lenny relationship, so her changing the apartment or inviting family members to move in, without discussing it with Leonard, seems IC for old Penny.  Leonard actually not just letting her do what she wants and fighting over it, to me, is Leonard being comfortable with her enough now to not let her get her way all the time.  It also makes me wonder if Penny's feelings about being neglected stem from her comments in season 6, where she stated that Leonard's job is to make her happy, maybe she needs to take his feelings into consideration more.

bfm, JE7, Lagernisse and 3 others like this

Posted

No problem.  I know it sucks (there's no sugar coating it) and I'm not going to guarantee that they (the writers) are doing this as an arc cause that's been thought so many times now and it hasn't materialized.  But three episodes in a row feels deliberate so maybe, finally, they're going somewhere with it all.