Tensor

Non-Show Discussion
Chit Chat: Season 10

55 posts in this topic

Posted

My wife is watching "The Wolf Man" on the SyFy channel.  Hugo Weaving is in it, and she said, hey, there's Mr Smith, and the head elf, what was his name?   Oh yeah Elrond. 

Me:  yep, you got it.

Mrs Tensor:  how the hell did I know that?

Me:  LOL you sound like Penny.

Mrs Tensor: yeah, I know, I know, like the Star Trek shield thing or Star Wars day thing.  

Me:  How the hell did you know that?

Mrs Tensor:  Shut up. 

Posted

14 minutes ago, Tensor said:

My wife is watching "The Wolf Man" on the SyFy channel.  Hugo Weaving is in it, and she said, hey, there's Mr Smith, and the head elf, what was his name?   Oh yeah Elrond. 

Me:  yep, you got it.

Mrs Tensor:  how the hell did I know that?

Me:  LOL you sound like Penny.

Mrs Tensor: yeah, I know, I know, like the Star Trek shield thing or Star Wars day thing.  

Me:  How the hell did you know that?

Mrs Tensor:  Shut up. 

Been there; heard that!  It is amazing when "they" creep into our lives (and how cute our SO's are when they pay attention while we think they don't!).  That is why we ship them!!!

Posted

1 hour ago, hokie3457 said:

Been there; heard that!  It is amazing when "they" creep into our lives (and how cute our SO's are when they pay attention while we think they don't!).  That is why we ship them!!!

What makes it funny, is she now uses more references to the show than I do.  

spidergirl, bfm and hokie3457 like this

Posted

Excuse me if this article has already been posted.  But here is an interesting article about the 200th episode and what it means for the series:

Of course, the prime arc of this series has been Sheldon’s emotional journey, from obtuse socially awkward recluse to a fully realized human capable of friendship, love, sex, and even birthday celebrations. It’s touching when, after walking into his party, he gets overwhelmed and retreats to the bathroom.

Penny follows him in there. “I hate that your sister and her friends used to torture you. What I hate even more is that if I was there I would’ve tortured you, too,” she says. “My point is there was a time I would never have been friends with someone like you. Now you are one of my favorite people. So if what you need is to spend your birthday in the bathroom, then I’ll do it with you.”

It’s not just Sheldon who’s becoming more of a fully realized human. They all are.

Koothrappali can now talk to women without being drunk. Wolowitz morphed from misogynist to husband and, soon, father. Sheldon has the capacity now to be truly touched, and Penny has learned not to judge.

MORE AT LINK

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/02/25/the-big-bang-theory-s-200th-episode-is-it-one-of-the-greatest-comedies-ever.html?via=desktop&source=Reddit

Posted

Yes, it was already posted.  In the season 9 discussion thread, as it's about the 200th episode.   It actually might be better int he Non-season 10 show discussion thread, since it is about a season 9, episode.  :shy: