Tensor

Debate Zone
[Spoilers] Season 10 Shipping Lanes

464 posts in this topic

Posted

10 minutes ago, Tensor said:

9.21 The Viewing Party Combustion

10.07 The Veracity Elasticity. Both of them moving things out without telling the other. 

The 10.12, 10.13, 10.14

1. Minor disagreement

2. You consider that a fight? Wow.

3. We'll see. I'm fairly certain 10.13 will be a serious fight, but not so sure about 10.14.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

3 minutes ago, FileXxX said:

1. Minor disagreement

2. You consider that a fight? Wow.

3. We'll see. I'm fairly certain 10.13 will be a serious fight, but not so sure about 10.14.

A fight over Penny supporting Sheldon instead of supporting husband, I don't consider that minor.

And I didn't say only fight, I said fight, lying to each other or not communicating.  All seven of those fit those descriptions.   

So, you only count serious fights?  BTW, I trust Kerry on this.  She thinks it's a major fight, she's been good with information to me, as she knows how much I love Lenny.  

3ku11 and Carlos like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

7 minutes ago, Tensor said:

A fight over Penny supporting Sheldon instead of supporting husband, I don't consider that minor.

And I didn't say only fight, I said fight, lying to each other or not communicating.  All seven of those fit those descriptions.   

So, you only count serious fights?  BTW, I trust Kerry on this.  She thinks it's a major fight, she's been good with information to me, as she knows how much I love Lenny.  

Yeah I'm guessing not everyone on this thread is married.

serenaded214 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

2 minutes ago, Tensor said:

So, you only count serious fights?

Yes. A fight, in my opinion, usually includes yelling, bad language and/or one of the participants storming off. I mean, what's so bad about 9.24? Their conversation in bed at the beginning? You gotta be kidding me.

3 minutes ago, Tensor said:

BTW, I trust Kerry on this.  She thinks it's a major fight, she's been good with information to me, as she knows how much I love Lenny.  

Well, okay, but here's the problem: Some things you consider a fight are completely harmless in my mind. 10.12 made me laugh out loud, while it meant doomsday for others. As much as I like taping information, I'm very careful with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

12 minutes ago, FileXxX said:

Yes. A fight, in my opinion, usually includes yelling, bad language and/or one of the participants storming off. I mean, what's so bad about 9.24? Their conversation in bed at the beginning? You gotta be kidding me.

I never said there was anything wrong with 9.24.  I included that in the category of no fights.  I simply said the episode wasn't about them, it was about the guest stars, their wedding just the background. 

Quote

Well, okay, but here's the problem: Some things you consider a fight are completely harmless in my mind. 10.12 made me laugh out loud, while it meant doomsday for others. As much as I like taping information, I'm very careful with it.

So, just because they don't show it, it doesn't count?  They said it was probably their worst fight, so I would count that as a fight.  Yes, they were over it, but it was a rather serious fight, according to them.  

 

The writers need to get them to talk things out, not fight.  Show them enjoying something together, something.

4 minutes ago, veejay said:

o_00005.gif

Excuse me, Tensor :shy:

Good point, I'm thinking I'm moving it, don't worry. 

veejay likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

17 minutes ago, FileXxX said:

Yes. A fight, in my opinion, usually includes yelling, bad language and/or one of the participants storming off. I mean, what's so bad about 9.24? Their conversation in bed at the beginning? You gotta be kidding me.

Well, okay, but here's the problem: Some things you consider a fight are completely harmless in my mind. 10.12 made me laugh out loud, while it meant doomsday for others. As much as I like taping information, I'm very careful with it.

10X12 the  Lenny part shown was funny.  They did fight, and mentioned it was their worst, which was stated but not seen. the last two tapings they were fighting on screen. IMO what makes it worse it was in front of other people. As a married couple  you never do that no matter how mad you are.

Edited by Chrismo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

13 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Some discussion and replies moved to  Shipping Lanes

yoda.jpg

22 minutes ago, john2p said:

Attending a wedding is I think a little different as staying for how long? If he really gets the job, he likely won´t have a place to live immediately. So it´s much uncertain how long he stays. Is it two days, a week, a month. It´s not that I wouldn´t help out, but I certainly want to be informed before and talk about it. You can ask the question in reverse. What in the hell did Penny keep her from asking and communicating this with Leonard. It goes further than not communicating. Does she not trust him? That Luke Cage thing is something normal in relationships. But this  goes beyond that. I really don´t understand this. It´s not something huge to discuss. And what I furthermore don´t understand is, in the next episode (previous on this one Penny complains Leonard doesn´t give much effort in their relationship. OK, I see that, but what does Penny behind the back of him, hiding stuff and now let her brother stat in their appartment. Very romantic indeed. But this tread is to support Lenny. And I sometimes feel I see only small reflections of them. But in my mind they live strong and happily. LAst episode showed also that things can turn different when broadcasted. So I will keep the faith :).

n_00270.gif

:shy:

Edited by veejay
I have been ripped again
john2p and 5Mississippis like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

17 minutes ago, Tensor said:

I simply said the episode wasn't about them, it was about the guest stars, their wedding just the background. 

The guest stars were there for their wedding. While no scene actually showed the wedding (because it was shown in the next episode), everything evolved around their wedding in this episode. All of that stuff wouldn't have happened if Lenny didn't decide to "get married" again.

20 minutes ago, Tensor said:

So, just because they don't show it, it doesn't count?  They said it was probably their worst fight, so I would count that as a fight.  Yes, they were over it, but it was a rather serious fight, according to them. 

Not really. Why would I care about that at all? Why would it bother me? They probably had countless fights off screen, so why would this particular fight be important? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

13 minutes ago, veejay said:

yoda.jpg

n_00270.gif

:shy:

Oh you right. I think Tensor will move it to the shipping lines. But I ended positively :p

 

luminous, veejay and Desdemona like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

5 minutes ago, john2p said:

Oh you right. I think Tensor will move it to the shipping lines. But I ended positively :p

 

Oh, don’t worry. This was actually two different posts. But the handling of that forum sucks at times. :shy:

john2p likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

52 minutes ago, FileXxX said:

The guest stars were there for their wedding. While no scene actually showed the wedding (because it was shown in the next episode), everything evolved around their wedding in this episode. All of that stuff wouldn't have happened if Lenny didn't decide to "get married" again.

Which is exactly what I said.  The wedding was the background.  The plots were about the guest stars, not about them.  Except for the first two minutes of 9.24, the rest was about the interaction of Alfred, Beverly, and Mary.  10.24 was about more interaction between Alfred, Beverly, and Mary, and the introduction of Penny's mom and brother and a couple of minutes of the wedding.  Which was interrupted so the writers could include Sheldon. 

52 minutes ago, FileXxX said:

Not really. Why would I care about that at all? Why would it bother me? They probably had countless fights off screen, so why would this particular fight be important? 

You mean other than them stating outright that this was one of their worst fights, and them not mentioning their other fights.   I don't worry about stuff they haven't mentioned. I wasn't worried about Leonard's kissing Mandy, until they mentioned it. 

serena_1995 and Carlos like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

4 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Which is exactly what I said.  The wedding was the background.  The plots were about the guest stars, not about them.  Except for the first two minutes of 9.24, the rest was about the interaction of Alfred, Beverly, and Mary.  10.24 was about more interaction between Alfred, Beverly, and Mary, and the introduction of Penny's mom and brother and a couple of minutes of the wedding.  Which was interrupted so the writers could include Sheldon. 

You mean other than them stating outright that this was one of their worst fights, and them not mentioning their other fights.   I don't worry about stuff they haven't mentioned. I wasn't worried about Leonard's kissing Mandy, until they mentioned it. 

We'll have to agree to disagree. Clearly this conversation is going nowhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

1 minute ago, FileXxX said:

We'll have to agree to disagree. Clearly this conversation is going nowhere.

I will point out I include 9.24 and 10.01 in my list of episodes they didn't fight.  I simply said I would  argue that the plots in those two wasn't about them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Well facts are they have lacked isolated scenes for a while now. They do lack communication. This ain't an opinion but just simple examples, by facts. I agree 9.24 and 10.01 was the last time they did not fight. 10.02 I recall was Lenny's wedding. In any respect alot of these arguments seem typical married stuff. I just don't like how they are tackling it. Penny lies to Leonard. Leonard finds out. And like in S7, pretends he is okay. Then finds out he is not. That is lack of communication folks. But that is JMO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Does anyone consider the possibility that Lenny might break up. Not catastrophically or permanently but still a break up. Not sure whether this can be handled in a sitcom, logistically or with humour. I can't believe I'm going to say this but I would not be devastated if that happened. The charisma that was this couple has been irrevocably degraded and I've basically given up on them just as TPTB appear to have. My ideal situation would be for S10 to be the last. If they extend beyond S10 I will continue to watch because I have so many years invested. I get very little enjoyment out of the show now.

5Mississippis and Carlos like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

11 minutes ago, ajond said:

Does anyone consider the possibility that Lenny might break up. Not catastrophically or permanently but still a break up. Not sure whether this can be handled in a sitcom, logistically or with humour. I can't believe I'm going to say this but I would not be devastated if that happened. The charisma that was this couple has been irrevocably degraded and I've basically given up on them just as TPTB appear to have. My ideal situation would be for S10 to be the last. If they extend beyond S10 I will continue to watch because I have so many years invested. I get very little enjoyment out of the show now.

That would be harsh. I will stop watching then (again). I came from far to watch it again. But another big fear about my fav. sitcom couple I will not be able to handle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

22 minutes ago, ajond said:

Does anyone consider the possibility that Lenny might break up. Not catastrophically or permanently but still a break up. Not sure whether this can be handled in a sitcom, logistically or with humour. I can't believe I'm going to say this but I would not be devastated if that happened. The charisma that was this couple has been irrevocably degraded and I've basically given up on them just as TPTB appear to have. My ideal situation would be for S10 to be the last. If they extend beyond S10 I will continue to watch because I have so many years invested. I get very little enjoyment out of the show now.

Yeah I think your over exaggerating. I don't agree that the charisma is gone. It's still strong as ever. J and K still have amazing on screen chemistry. It's just very limited. Lenny are beyond break ups. They are married now. They have vows. Made a commitment to each other. For better, or for worse. 

Edited by 3ku11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Yeah, so did Alfred and Beverly, and you see where they are.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

51 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Yeah, so did Alfred and Beverly, and you see where they are.  

Are you saying Penny has anything in common with Beverly lol? They are recurring characters. I am not sure we can take any parralels from their marrage. I do remember Alfred telling Leonard, I hope how failed marrage does not put you off or something. And Penny was like of course not. In any respect, well just have to wait and see how it plays out. 

Edited by 3ku11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

16 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Are you saying Penny has anything in common with Beverly lol? They are recurring characters. I am not sure we can take any parralels from their marrage. I do remember Alfred telling Leonard, I hope how failed marrage does not put you off or something. And Penny was like of course not. In any respect, well just have to wait and see how it plays out. 

I'm not saying they are anything alike, however, like Bev and Alfred( and Raj's parents for that matter), just because there were marriage vows and commitments, doesn't always mean they stay together. Not saying Lenny will split, but the vows and commitment doesn't guarantee they won't split.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

2 hours ago, ajond said:

Does anyone consider the possibility that Lenny might break up.

No.

Jonny, HeWolf and gsxdoug like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

The problem with idea of them breaking up, or separating to think, is that they have no place to go.  Penny has moved into 4A and 4B belongs to Shamy so she has no place to run like in the first seasons and it would be extremely weird if one of them had to move out of the building.  Because of that need to keep everyone a hallway away, I don't expect them to actually separate for any length of time, at least not more than one night, which would probably put one of them on Shamy's couch, if it happened.

Itwasdestined likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

4a does have 2 bedrooms it could happen

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Well...Shamy could move in with Leonard in 4A, while Penny returns to 4B.

Of course that's just a thought experiment, since I'm convinced that there'll be no break up, not even for a night.

Lagernisse likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

They are not going to break up and I would be stunned if they did. I could have seen them break up again when they were engaged but now they are married? Nah I don't see it.

spidergirl and joyceraye like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now