Tensor

Debate Zone
[Spoilers] Season 10 Shipping Lanes

645 posts in this topic

Posted

1 hour ago, Judith said:

I'm going to assume from your icon that you like them so out of curiosity why wouldn't you want them to have more scenes together?

IMO they're going to have isolated scenes again, just like S/L, S/A, P/L and even A/L very rarely (especially if you think that S/P are better friends than A/L (are these two even friends?)

Amy and Leonard are like what Chandler and Rachel were in Friends haha. Awkward when it was just them left. Unlike Chandler and Rachel though, they have never really explored Amy and Leonard. I don't think theirs time to develop a friendship that took almost a decade for Sheldon and Penny to obtain. But be nice if they get some plots. It was nice seeing Sheldon and Bernadette hang out, two people who don't normally. So why not Amy and Leonard. I guess they don't have much in common. Other then Sheldon and Penny. 

Posted

The only scenes I recall, featuring just Amy and Leonard, are the ones in The Pulled Groin Extrapolation, and the brief scene at the beginning of The Locomotion Interruption.

joyceraye likes this

Posted (edited)

Amy does seem to find being in the company of men awkward (except Sheldon obviously). Maybe it's something to do with her childhood and a lack of a male role model/interaction though that is perhaps a leap as we don't know anything about her father. She is friends with Howard, Leonard and Raj but it seems to come across as pretty awkward at times.

I think it would be good if the writers could come up with more storylines that place characters together that don't interact much. I loved the Sheldon and Bernie interaction in Fermentation because it just felt different.

Edited by Jonny83
Desdemona, joyceraye, mirs1 and 1 other like this

Posted

I would like to see Leonard and Bernadette work on an expierement actually. And have Howard and Penny have a plot too. Talk about the baby, their So's e.t.c. But then in Fermentation, it was awkward between Amy and Howard. But it wasen't in Scavenger? This show and continuity :sarcastichand:

joyceraye likes this

Posted

4 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

I would like to see Leonard and Bernadette work on an expierement actually. And have Howard and Penny have a plot too. Talk about the baby, their So's e.t.c. But then in Fermentation, it was awkward between Amy and Howard. But it wasen't in Scavenger? This show and continuity :sarcastichand:

They actually reverenced Scavenger - they said they should hang out together more back then but actually really didn't, hence the awkwardness in Fermentation. The show has continuity issues but this isn't one of them.

joyceraye and serenaded214 like this

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, April said:

They actually reverenced Scavenger - they said they should hang out together more back then but actually really didn't, hence the awkwardness in Fermentation. The show has continuity issues but this isn't one of them.

Actually yeah it is a continuity issue. IF it was not awkward between them in Season 7, their is no reason now. I understand what your saying. It was Awkward because they diddn't hang out. But it was more then that, it was like oh yay Lenny are here. They have been alone together before, surley it shoulden'y of been so awkward they coulden't even manage a conversation. JMO. 

Edited by 3ku11
joyceraye likes this

Posted

9 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Actually yeah it is a continuity issue. IF it was not awkward between them in Season 7, their is no reason now. I understand what your saying. It was Awkward because they diddn't hang out. But it was more then that, it was like oh yay Lenny are here. They have been alone together before, surley it shoulden'y of been so awkward they coulden't even manage a conversation. JMO. 

I just found that moment very believable. The show didn't really do anything with what happened in Scavenger (in which they were also pretty awkward together until they found their shared love for Neil Diamond lol) so to have them be a bit unsure what to talk about (outside of ND) makes sense to me and for once it's the show acknowledging continuity here.

If your point is that the scene should have been different because that would have been more to your taste than that's fine but it's not a matter of continuity.

serenaded214, JE7 and joyceraye like this

Posted

1 hour ago, 3ku11 said:

It was awkward when they were alone in the car before they found something to connect so it should be at least as much awkward when they found themselves alone together, after two years were they did nothing with that conection. If I were them, I'd feel much more awkward in Fermentation than Scavenger.

joyceraye likes this

Posted (edited)

18 hours ago, April said:

I just found that moment very believable. The show didn't really do anything with what happened in Scavenger (in which they were also pretty awkward together until they found their shared love for Neil Diamond lol) so to have them be a bit unsure what to talk about (outside of ND) makes sense to me and for once it's the show acknowledging continuity here.

If your point is that the scene should have been different because that would have been more to your taste than that's fine but it's not a matter of continuity.

FAir enough. 

On a completly different note. 

I noticed something between the famous walk up the stairs. When Sheldon and Penny do it, feels like Venus and Mars. They are on completely different planets. And its peculiar, and that is where their comic chemistry comes from. So alot of people over the years are intrigued by it. With Leonard and Penny, when they walk up the stairs. I feel more of attachment. It is like they are on the same planet. Just intersting the little contrasts betwen both dynamics. 

Edited by 3ku11
joyceraye and JohnPhD like this

Posted

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 10:05 AM, Jonny83 said:

Amy does seem to find being in the company of men awkward (except Sheldon obviously). Maybe it's something to do with her childhood and a lack of a male role model/interaction though that is perhaps a leap as we don't know anything about her father. She is friends with Howard, Leonard and Raj but it seems to come across as pretty awkward at times.

I think it would be good if the writers could come up with more storylines that place characters together that don't interact much. I loved the Sheldon and Bernie interaction in Fermentation because it just felt different.

Not necessarily. She seemed pretty happy when she was with Howard. Also she seems at ease when she's with Rajesh as she calls him.

joyceraye likes this

Posted

Yeah Leonard is the only guy Amy seems Awkward around haha. I Am not sure why. Maybe because they are dating each others best friends? Theirs enough of an underlying tension their? Not sure. I mean its not like they hardly know each other, known each other what 5 or so years now. I Guess the show has never explored their frienship as much as they do Sheldon and Penny. 

joyceraye likes this

Posted

And yet they had an episode where Howard and Raj came to ask Amy to lunch because Sheldon was off on his train trip, and they all seemed very natural-even joking around about Bert with her.  And Raj asked her to help him get Emily to go out with him when he first found her on-line dating. 

joyceraye and Carlos like this

Posted

42 minutes ago, I Miss Dan said:

And yet they had an episode where Howard and Raj came to ask Amy to lunch because Sheldon was off on his train trip, and they all seemed very natural-even joking around about Bert with her.  And Raj asked her to help him get Emily to go out with him when he first found her on-line dating. 

This show and continuity. They don't care for it. 

joyceraye likes this

Posted

7 hours ago, I Miss Dan said:

He wasn't off on his train trip.  He was on vacation and doing yoga with Penny.

JE7, djsurrey, serenaded214 and 1 other like this

Posted

16 minutes ago, Kathy2611 said:

Lol....yeah but she won that Yoda vs yoga argument/confusion.

To quote Leonard: Well, Penny can be pretty persuasive.  :icon_biggrin:

Posted

Oh is that when Sny Sheldon came between LEonard and Penny, with is support of her. But when it actually counted in Friendship Turbalance. Turned out Sheldon does not give one ioata about Penny. And Leonard was the one who stood up? Yeah I Remember that haha. I Remember Penny basically telling Sheldon to F off LOL. ITs funny his dreamers comment. IS Sheldon really a dreamer? He is  a man of science. But I Think the point being made was Sheldon told Penny what she wanted to hear. And while at the time she diddn't get why Leonard was being so brutally honest with her. In the long run it helped her more then some fleeting, gratifying comment from Sheldon. 

joyceraye likes this

Posted

In Monster Isolation s6, Lucy was introduced. Now I know their are ALOT of ppl who disliked her for various reasons. But I could really relate to her character. I have similar social anxities, not as severe haha. But I do have them. And I kinda thought Lucy was perfect for Raj. IF they gave a bit of time to developing her character, and she got more comfortable around Raj and his friends. Obviousley she diddn't, and she abandoned Raj. But I wonder, if they are plannign on bringing her back? I think shes the one for Raj. 

Posted

8 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

In Monster Isolation s6, Lucy was introduced. Now I know their are ALOT of ppl who disliked her for various reasons. But I could really relate to her character. I have similar social anxities, not as severe haha. But I do have them. And I kinda thought Lucy was perfect for Raj. IF they gave a bit of time to developing her character, and she got more comfortable around Raj and his friends. Obviousley she diddn't, and she abandoned Raj. But I wonder, if they are plannign on bringing her back? I think shes the one for Raj. 

Raj has changed a lot since the end of season six. Imagine if he and Lucy ran into each other now. She may have changed too. I imagine they could make an episode out of a reunion.

joyceraye likes this

Posted

18 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

In Monster Isolation s6, Lucy was introduced. 

Lucy was introduced in 6.16, "The Tangible Affection Proof".  "The Monster Isolation" was the date Raj and Lucy had after meeting at the Comic Book Store.  

joyceraye likes this

Posted

1 hour ago, Tensor said:

Lucy was introduced in 6.16, "The Tangible Affection Proof".  "The Monster Isolation" was the date Raj and Lucy had after meeting at the Comic Book Store.  

Oh yeah true, I just meant that was her first full episode. Of course they meet episode before. 

11 hours ago, djsurrey said:

Raj has changed a lot since the end of season six. Imagine if he and Lucy ran into each other now. She may have changed too. I imagine they could make an episode out of a reunion.

Yeah I think be good if Lucy copes better socially now. I honestly beleive Lucy is Raj's best shot at happiness. I Don't see Claire or Emily working out in the long run imo. 

joyceraye likes this

Posted

3 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Yeah I think be good if Lucy copes better socially now.

I think she was already coping better, socially, when he met her for coffee in the Itchy Brain Stimulation, since she'd already met, and was dating, someone else.

Posted

On 06/07/2016 at 5:03 AM, 3ku11 said:

Yeah Leonard is the only guy Amy seems Awkward around haha. I Am not sure why. Maybe because they are dating each others best friends? Theirs enough of an underlying tension their? Not sure. I mean its not like they hardly know each other, known each other what 5 or so years now. I Guess the show has never explored their frienship as much as they do Sheldon and Penny. 

I've noticed that Amy has said several times that she's jealous of Penny and Sheldon's closeness, and she always says it to Leonard. Do the writers expect us to make something of this? It would be quite IC that Amy is trying to make Leonard similarly jealous towards Penny. Like when A told L how P gets S to change the RA to get her way, that was A trying to make trouble in P & L's marriage.. It's a flaw in L's character that he doesn't tell A to F O on these occasions.

serenaded214, legacy99, JE7 and 1 other like this