Tripper

[Spoilers] Non-Season 10 Show Discussion

365 posts in this topic

Posted

This thread is for non Season 10 related discussion about the show. Spoilers are allowed in this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

10 hours ago, Strawberry said:

And the thing of him having two girlfriends and boasting about it p*ssed me off.

Mind you, Leonard also crowed about it, when he realized Alex was hitting on him.

Likewise, he was pretty chuffed, when he made out with Alice, while dating Priya. He had two women on the go, at the same time.

Edited by Stephen Hawking
joyceraye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

24 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Mind you, Leonard also crowed about it, when he realized Alex was hitting on him.

Likewise, he was pretty chuffed, when he made out with Alice, while dating Priya. He had two women on the go, at the same time.

He never tried to date them both at once though. He never Dated Alice. He made out with her and stopped. Told Priya and found out she cheated anyway, so that was a mute point. Raj tried to actively date them over a periord of time, a difference. As it is were talking about Raj, not Leonard. 

veejay likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, 3ku11 said:

He never Dated Alice. He made out with her and stopped.

How is that better than what Raj is doing?

Do you think he wouldn't have dated both of them, if Penny had found a way for him to be with both?

1 hour ago, 3ku11 said:

Told Priya and found out she cheated anyway, so that was a mute point.

That he found out later, that Priya cheated on him, does not justify or excuse his behavor with Alice.

Two wrongs do not make a right.

Edited by Stephen Hawking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

5 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

How is that better than what Raj is doing?

Do you think he wouldn't have dated both of them, if Penny had found a way for him to be with both?

That he found out later, that Priya cheated on him, does not justify or excuse his behavor with Alice.

Two wrongs do not make a right.

At least Leonard soon realized that he wasn't doing the right thing and put an end to it. Albeit Raj is not in an exclusive relationship with Claire and Emily, he should know better and acknowledge to Emily explicitly that he is seeing another girl. At the moment, from what we've been told (of course the writers can change it in a spit-second, as they often do) Emily doesn't know about Claire, she is just not asking too many questions. And why should she? When they first met, he was so honest about dating  Lucy that now she presumably can't imagine what's going on. Emily was his exclusive girlfriend for over 2 years, clearly she was suffering after the break up, and Raj can't imagine that it is irrelevant to her to know about Claire. She deserves honesty, because of their past together. Leonard was honest with Prya about his behavior. 

Desdemona, mjc45 and snapepans like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

I have a theory why S8 and S9 overall were so bad. After 6 and 7 were so great. I think the writing declined after Season 7. I think the season finalies respectively in 7 and 8 were so bad. That they did not set up 8 or 9 so well. In the middle they found their feet, but it was like walking on the latter end of a plank. S7 was stupid becuase it led no where. Then 8 set up an angsty premiere. With 9 though the last two episodes were really funny imo and really good. Light hearted and fluffy. All the couples and characters were in great places. And I Think that well set up a better foundation for a great tenth season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

9 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Mind you, Leonard also crowed about it, when he realized Alex was hitting on him.

Leonard didn't "crow" about it. Yeah, it boosted his ego somewhat, but Raj was practically bragging about "sleeping" with Penny to his new girlfriend (and probably anyone else who would listen.) That's crowing.

mjc45 and JohnPhD like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

38 minutes ago, gsxdoug said:

Leonard didn't "crow" about it.

Really?

From The Egg Salad Equivalency:-

Raj: Oh, my God. You’re loving this.

Leonard: To my bones. I mean, I’m not gonna do anything about it. I love Penny. It’s just nice to have a young, attractive woman sniffing around the goods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

  • Another thread I inadvertantly created :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

I've been re-watching the early seasons lately and even though I'm all for character growth, I really do miss that Sheldon who was just completely clueless about proper social interaction and just didn't understand a thing. It was a lot more entertaining to watch and made his "insults" a lot more endearing, because they really weren't insults. He just didn't get it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

14 minutes ago, No Regrets said:

I've been re-watching the early seasons lately and even though I'm all for character growth, I really do miss that Sheldon who was just completely clueless about proper social interaction and just didn't understand a thing. It was a lot more entertaining to watch and made his "insults" a lot more endearing, because they really weren't insults. He just didn't get it. 

Prime example The Electric Can Opener 3x01. He dissed Leonard, for his bad night with Penny. IT took Sheldon over ten minutes to realize what he did wrong lol. Oh it was innapropriate to discusss Leonard and Penny's sex life, with them in the same room. Ohh finnally, now I can eat :P. In 9x23 though you saw a bit of that. How Sheldon was thinking he was standing up for peoples right, but in fact everyone hated him lol. I guess Since S4, shows been all about character growth. So I Guess it was more laugh out funny and fresh in the 2007-2010 era. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

16 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Prime example The Electric Can Opener 3x01. He dissed Leonard, for his bad night with Penny. IT took Sheldon over ten minutes to realize what he did wrong lol. Oh it was innapropriate to discusss Leonard and Penny's sex life, with them in the same room. Ohh finnally, now I can eat :P. In 9x23 though you saw a bit of that. How Sheldon was thinking he was standing up for peoples right, but in fact everyone hated him lol. I guess Since S4, shows been all about character growth. So I Guess it was more laugh out funny and fresh in the 2007-2010 era. 

I'd think his bringing up making a commitment to watching The Flash series in the middle of making out was along the same lines.

 

joyceraye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Yeeah No wonder Amy dumped his well deserved ass :laugh:

joyceraye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

On 6/26/2016 at 10:08 PM, mirs1 said:

At least Leonard soon realized that he wasn't doing the right thing and put an end to it. Albeit Raj is not in an exclusive relationship with Claire and Emily, he should know better and acknowledge to Emily explicitly that he is seeing another girl. At the moment, from what we've been told (of course the writers can change it in a spit-second, as they often do) Emily doesn't know about Claire, she is just not asking too many questions. And why should she? When they first met, he was so honest about dating  Lucy that now she presumably can't imagine what's going on. Emily was his exclusive girlfriend for over 2 years, clearly she was suffering after the break up, and Raj can't imagine that it is irrelevant to her to know about Claire. She deserves honesty, because of their past together. Leonard was honest with Prya about his behavior. 

Why are anyone using Leonard cheted too an an argument to justify Raj's own behaviour? What is Leonard the only guy in the history of the universe to cheat on his gf? LOL. Talk about conceded. Were talking about Raj's actions and relationships, which has nothing to do with Leonard's actions and realtionships. Raj still tried to date the both as it is. At Least your right Leonard was honest with Priya from the get go, LEonard was really guilty. Where as Raj I don't think even as a concious. 

joyceraye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

And I don't get why some has to say genetically seeing LEonard is plain and short sighted. Biut LEonard brings the smarts. It's a ficitonal situational comedy. Who cares about the practicals. Its a ending ppl want to see.  And I don't get when people say oh they turned the show into a relationship focused show, and romance. I Can accept Sheldon has changed. But since the pilot, the whole show never got comparisons to Senfeld, but Friends. Since the pilot the whole show has always been about Relationships. The Relationship with Science, The Friendships with the guys, Romance Lenny. IF anything I do miss the Friendship Dynamics in the show not the Romance Dynamics.  IT got comparisons with Friends since the begginning. I just think because of the nerdy and geeky element, people jump to the notion it conformed, but it diddn't. IT evolved. Something other sitcoms fail to do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Some of the posts, having to do with Friends have been moved here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 09/07/2016 at 5:26 AM, djsurrey said:

Well yes, Leonard had an eye on Penny from the moment she appeared.

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/bigbangtheory/images/b/be/BBT_pilot.png/revision/latest?cb=20140201183109

 

 

Yes, Penny has always been the romantic heroine and Leonard the guy we want to win her. But there were equally-important non-romantic relationships:

the abusive (almost Laurel-and-Hardy-like) friendship between Leonard and Sheldon;

Sheldon and Physics;

Sheldon and himself (viz his speech at Bernadette and Howard's wedding ceremony).

Penny vs Sheldon (antagonistic relationship initially).

Edited by JohnPhD
Forgot something

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Well IMO none of those above relationships are equally as important as Lenny. The story of Leonard and Penny is the central theme of the show. IT is the main and longest running story of the show. You coudl take away all of those stuff, other then Leonard and Sheldon. And it would make no difference on the show Leonard and Penny are the central nucleus of the show. I am not saying those relationships, are not important. But other then the LEonard and Sheldon dynamic they are not integral to the show, so have to disagree about them being as equally important as Leonard and PEnny's relationship 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

1 hour ago, Tonstar17 said:

30 i think. Same age as Kaley.

Based on her age at the beginning of the pilot, she's 31 now.

joyceraye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

1 hour ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Based on her age at the beginning of the pilot, she's 31 now.

She should turn 31 on Dec 2nd this year.

joyceraye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

5 minutes ago, April said:

She should turn 31 on Dec 2nd this year.

Are you sure?

According to Penny, she was 22 when she first met Leonard, which was on September 24, 2007.

Assuming her birthday was at least a couple of months before she moved into 4B, she'd be 31 now.

joyceraye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

14 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Are you sure?

According to Penny, she was 22 when she first met Leonard, which was on September 24, 2007.

What episode was that?

joyceraye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

27 minutes ago, April said:

What episode was that?

She states she was 22 when she first met Leonard, in The Valentino Submergence, and the date Penny moved into 4B was established by Sheldon, in The Focus Attenuation.

Edited by Stephen Hawking
joyceraye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now